shape
carat
color
clarity

Gee, this sends a great message

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! Don''t call Cindy McCain out for her Chanel watch or seven houses or $350K single outfits ... but begrudge a man the right to buy a lovely thank you gift for his wife ... supporting the *global economy*. Hypocritical?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Hey, if some hot shot professional making it big on the stock market is not going to support the economy and jewelry industry, somebody else has to, right?

I am all for supporting the economy by spending within the means!

As in your accusation of spending campaign donor''s money, please don''t confuse the President Elect of US with the former VP candidate of GOP party. Thanks!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Barack! PRETEND you''re poor like the rest of us. How DARE you. In the words of your Secretary of State, SHAME ON YOU BARACK OBAMA, SHAME ON YOU!!!

oh dear, my eyes have rolled so far back in my head i can''t see anymore....help!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Smart man. Michelle is worth every penny that ring costs and many, many more.

(Oh, and ditto what Deco, zhu and moon said.
3.gif
)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I know is Rhodium ain''t no freakin'' 5000 pounds per ounce right now. It''s under 800 dollars as of today.

What on earth do you do to FIND this tripe??

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
that ring is fugly he should have found PS before wasting the money.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 10:01:10 PM
Author: strmrdr
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 9:49:22 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Hey, if some hot shot professional making it big on the stock market is not going to support the economy and jewelry industry, somebody else has to, right?

I am all for supporting the economy by spending within the means!

As in your accusation of spending campaign donor''s money, please don''t confuse the President Elect of US with the former VP candidate of GOP party. Thanks!

Yes. Yes. And yes. This about covers it!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Strm, I was going to say the same thing. That ring is hideous. For 30K, Leon could have fixed him up with something much nicer.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
fugly with a capital F. Maybe Oprah can talk some sense into him, LOL. Hey at least she has great taste in jewelry.....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 10:26:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh

fugly with a capital F. Maybe Oprah can talk some sense into him, LOL. Hey at least she has great taste in jewelry.....

Hahaha-true! Those pear earrings are divine.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think official jeweler to the President would be a job I could rock.... I mean since he''s filling all sorts of jobs. Plus it would help the economy. Think of all the plugs I could give to PS... Just kidding of course, but would love to outfit Michelle in lovely jewelry.... Classic and elegant but with an edge to it. Ok dream over, but how fun it would be.
5.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 10:54:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I think official jeweler to the President would be a job I could rock.... I mean since he''s filling all sorts of jobs. Plus it would help the economy. Think of all the plugs I could give to PS... Just kidding of course, but would love to outfit Michelle in lovely jewelry.... Classic and elegant but with an edge to it. Ok dream over, but how fun it would be.
5.gif

So FUN! I think the bracelet LAJen posted seems more Michelle''s style.

And you could give little diamond studs to Sasha and Malia. I wonder if their ears are pierced?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 10:40:10 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Date: 12/1/2008 10:01:37 PM
Author: MoonWater
He should get her this instead. Pricey, but I would think she is worth it. http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=461
Agree!! Yours is a much better choice! DOES seem very "her". And is 2x as much ... and American made! Win/Win!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2008 10:10:38 PM
Author: tradergirl
Strm, I was going to say the same thing. That ring is hideous. For 30K, Leon could have fixed him up with something much nicer.
Unfortunately, Leon and a number of other designers (or stone cutters - Richard Homer), we might recommend are American. As such, obviously not suitable to many.

There is a reason that Obama chose a foreign designer....

Just remember that when he tells us that we all need to support the American Economy.....

Perry

ps: I wonder what Leon could do with a Richard Homer stone....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 11:22:24 PM
Author: perry
Date: 12/1/2008 10:10:38 PM

Author: tradergirl

Unfortunately, Leon and a number of other designers (or stone cutters - Richard Homer), we might recommend are American. As such, obviously not suitable to many.

There is a reason that Obama chose a foreign designer....

Just remember that when he tells us that we all need to support the American Economy.....

Perry

ps: I wonder what Leon could do with a Richard Homer stone....

What''s the reason that Obama chose a foreign designer?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 11:20:46 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 12/1/2008 10:40:10 PM
Author: LAJennifer

Date: 12/1/2008 10:01:37 PM
Author: MoonWater

He should get her this instead. Pricey, but I would think she is worth it. http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=461
Agree!! Yours is a much better choice! DOES seem very ''her''. And is 2x as much ... and American made! Win/Win!
Thritto, I was going to say the same thing. Someone seriously get the Obamas over to Pricescope. Just tell them to post in Rocky Talky because we''re much more polite on SMTR!

Seriously though, I think a 40K ring is totally reasonable considering the countless hours she put in campaigning. I always feel so bad when I look at those photos with the candidate''s wife asleep on the candidate''s shoulder while he sifts through papers on a plane.

You can''t run for prez without your spouse''s full support and I am sure it drains you to the core. Kudos to him for appreciating his wife like that.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 11:40:24 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Seriously though, I think a 40K ring is totally reasonable considering the countless hours she put in campaigning. I always feel so bad when I look at those photos with the candidate''s wife asleep on the candidate''s shoulder while he sifts through papers on a plane. You can''t run for prez without your spouse''s full support and I am sure it drains you to the core. Kudos to him for appreciating his wife like that.
I was thinking about that too ... this is a Harvard-law-grad who has put her whole life on hold for 2+ years & is about to embark on 4-8 years of public service ... is $35-40K really off base? Its not like their family is asking for tax-funded bail outs from Congress or anything ... How many of those execs'' wives have similar baubles?

This *is* a diamond forum after all.
20.gif
Now if Michelle logs on to post about it in someone''s "I can''t find a job" or "My Dog Is Sick" thread then I''m sure I''d feel differently.
5.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 11:56:28 PM

Date: 12/1/2008 11:40:24 PM
Seriously though, I think a 40K ring is totally reasonable considering the countless hours she put in campaigning. I always feel so bad when I look at those photos with the candidate''s wife asleep on the candidate''s shoulder while he sifts through papers on a plane. You can''t run for prez without your spouse''s full support and I am sure it drains you to the core. Kudos to him for appreciating his wife like that.
I was thinking about that too ... this is a Harvard-law-grad who has put her whole life on hold for 2+ years & is about to embark on 4-8 years of public service ... is $35-40K really off base? Its not like their family is asking for tax-funded bail outs from Congress or anything ... How many of those execs'' wives have similar baubles?

This *is* a diamond forum after all.
20.gif
Now if Michelle logs on to post about it in someone''s ''I can''t find a job'' or ''My Dog Is Sick'' thread then I''m sure I''d feel differently.
5.gif
Exactly. I would have said the same for Cindy McCain too if her husband got elected.

She is about to have the unenviable task of living under a microscope for the next 4-8 years. Raising kids is hard enough without the world watching. And to be a public servant on top of that? Geez...I''d be asking for a ring of Kobe Bryant magnitude!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 12:23:03 AM
I would have said the same for Cindy McCain too if her husband got elected.
Me too! And I''d have campaigned for a diamond-encrusted muzzle for the Pit Bull.
3.gif
You know, as a gift to Todd (and the rest of us).
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 12:27:00 AM

Me too! And I''d have campaigned for a diamond-encrusted muzzle for the Pit Bull.
3.gif
11.gif
I''d change that to rose gold...so you would have at least SOME reason to envy the woman. Hehehehe.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 12:40:54 AM
3.gif
11.gif
I''d change that to rose gold...so you would have at least SOME reason to envy the woman. Hehehehe.
But I already DO envy her great gams, ability to wear a tight micro-mini leather skirt without looking like the plush interior of an upgraded Buick Skylark, and the few seconds of airspace she shared with Tina Fey!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 12:49:56 AM
Date: 12/2/2008 12:40:54 AM

3.gif
11.gif

But I already DO envy her great gams, ability to wear a tight micro-mini leather skirt without looking like the plush interior of an upgraded Buick Skylark, and the few seconds of airspace she shared with Tina Fey!

SNORT!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO Deco!!

Seriously, I''d be wanting a lot more if my hubby made me go through what Michelle has and will go through. (Then again, he''d have PS!)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
LMAO!! You ladies are cracking me up! I soooo want to assist the Prez in picking out jewelry. Then I'll recommend that he should um, purchase some, for you know, er...the rest of his staff! aka ME!! Ahem...

Seriously, I can not believe people are whining about a man who made millions off of books sales buying a nice piece of jewelry that is well within their budget for his lovely and well deserving wife. I guess next time he'll just go to Jared.

Muahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results