carat
color
clarity

From Julia Kay Taylor

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1298937100|2861550 said:
Aoife|1298934803|2861527 said:
CaraMish and k9muttlover, thank you for the compliments, Julia is so talented!

baby nurse: It's hard to beat yellow gold, isn't it? Thank you! I'll be looking forward to seeing your pendant when it's finished. What stone are you going to be having set? I have a couple of spaces reserved in May, and I keep changing my mind on what I want to send her.

Yes, I love the buttery warmth of yellow gold. I don't think it necessarily looks great with every colored stone, but I would never choose a white metal if I could get away with yellow gold :)) .

The stone I asked Julia to set is a large morganite from Jerry at Gemart Services, and it will be in a rose gold bezel. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures of the pendant once it's done!

Ooh, morganite in rose gold! I will definitely be watching and waiting for that! :love:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb|1298951080|2861773 said:
Those are gorgeous! I especially like the fluid curves of the ring.

Thanks, jstarfireb, that sense of seamless movement is one of the things I really admire about her work, too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are truly well made and beautiful. I haven’t seen such nice workmanship from Julia for a while and these pieces are fluid and outstanding.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The ring looks great but those earrings are outstanding! Love that the backs are so pretty too!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1298999833|2862120 said:
These are truly well made and beautiful. I haven’t seen such nice workmanship from Julia for a while and these pieces are fluid and outstanding.

Thank you, Chrono, I really appreciate your thoughtful comments. On both the earrings and the ring, Julia seemed genuinely inspired and excited by her ideas and by the stones (or maybe she's just really, really polite!). Now whether that's because she had just come off Christmas break, or the fact that I sat back and basically let her do her thing without much tweaking from me, I don't know, but she did definitely seem to be on a creative roll.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Cind11|1299000285|2862132 said:
The ring looks great but those earrings are outstanding! Love that the backs are so pretty too!

Thanks Cind11! If only the French wires on the earrings allowed me to wear them with the back facing to the front, too. ;))

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Someone asked for hand shots, so here's one tha is a tiny bit closer to the true color of the tourmaline:

IMG_0372.jpg

Still no luck with the earshots! :roll:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the handshot; it's fun to see the mixture and breakup of colour in the tourmaline in that picture.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Those are both beautiful Aoife! :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and fluid design. Love how all of the lines are so smooth. How long was the process of designing and making the ring with JKT? Did you have to go on a waitlist? I saw on ther website that she is no longer accepting 2011 orders.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1299155780|2863631 said:
Thanks for the handshot; it's fun to see the mixture and breakup of colour in the tourmaline in that picture.

My camera and I do not do well taking photos (see how smoothly I lay some of the blame on the camera rather than myself? :cheeky: ) but this stone has been exceptionally hard to photograph. To give you an idea, when I showed the photos to my husband, he wanted to know which ring they were pictures of, he completely didn't recognize it as being the same as what I was wearing on my left hand.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
brandy_z28|1299188381|2864064 said:
Those are both beautiful Aoife! :appl:

Thanks for the compliment, Brandy_z28!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1299255104|2864606 said:
Very pretty and fluid design. Love how all of the lines are so smooth. How long was the process of designing and making the ring with JKT? Did you have to go on a waitlist? I saw on ther website that she is no longer accepting 2011 orders.

Thank you, baby monster, that's what I am enjoying about the designs, too.

I was on a waitlist. I contacted Julia in October 2010 when she opened up her 2011 schedule, and secured January, May and August slots, each for two pieces of jewelry. I sent the stones to her for this project at the beginning of January, and once she contacted me to discuss design we agreed on the designs within a couple of days. From that point it was a little over 4 weeks until she finished both projects, which includes the her showing me progress on the ring to make sure that I approved a slight change she had to make in her original design. The whole process was smooth and stress free--for me, anyway! I'm very much looking forward to working with her again.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous pieces! I love the color of the tourmaline and the profile is so elegant. I remember seeing your earrings on Julia's site and wondering who they belonged to. I love the aqua/sapphire combo and the design is fantastic.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Burberrygirl. Whenever I see a new piece of jewelry on a vendor's site I enjoy trying to figure out if it belongs to a fellow PS'er!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are stunning, but the shank/profile of your ring is just divine! Two gorgeous pieces worthy of more pics!!! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results