shape
carat
color
clarity

From a purely mathematical point of view

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
Hi Periscoppers

Purely from a mathematical point of view for a (IGI)

Table 58.5
Depth 59.7
CA 33.5 CH 13.5%
PA 40.8 PH 43%
0.93c

1. Is this diamond too shallow to be in a ring?
2. Additionally are the CA and CH of 33.5 and 13.5% respectively too low for a nice Fire under day to day life lightning?

One thing to remember is we live in Europe so there is constantly low light environment outside and inside. Although I assume in next 10 years all lights will move from diffused/reflected to Ceiling LED.

Many thanks to the community.

Kind Regards
J

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I assume in next 10 years all lights will move from diffused/reflected to Ceiling LED.
Light pipe lighting is more likely in 10-15 years.
Driven by outside light in the day and led emitters during the night.
It is very flat lighting that is going to reward designs with bold patterns.
But honestly buy for today because it is going to be a very gradual phase in even if the governments pushes it.

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
Didn't even know about this lignt pipe technology. Super interesting thanks.
What would you say is a bold pattern today.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
oec or what some people call tansitional, some cushions, a few ovals, and square emerald/asscher and emerald cuts.

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
Thanks karl

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The big thing holding it back other than a high price to retrofit is totally beating the variable brightness problem.
There is a lot of money and some very smart people working on that problem.
Some net zero buildings are using it already.

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
The big thing holding it back other than a high price to retrofit is totally beating the variable brightness problem.
There is a lot of money and some very smart people working on that problem.
Some net zero buildings are using it already.

any listed companies we can invest in in this field ?

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Purely from a mathematical point of view for a (IGI)

Table 58.5
Depth 59.7
CA 33.5 CH 13.5%
PA 40.8 PH 43%
0.93c

1. Is this diamond too shallow to be in a ring?
2. Additionally are the CA and CH of 33.5 and 13.5% respectively too low for a nice Fire under day to day life lightning?
Not too shallow.
But the girdle is dangerously thin.
Hi @Jaisingh . This comment comes late but I wanted to note that IGI's CA number is rounded to nearest 0.5.

If the actual angle is 33.3-ish, which agrees with the rounded CH%, the girdle description may be "Thin" - rather than VTN or XTN - which doesn't earn any penalty and is acceptable for normal setting (but not tension setting).

RE "nice Fire under day to day life lighting:" The table is a bit larger, and crown is a bit lower, than the "all around" proportions canonized by PS members, but the numbers are favorable for great performance and nice physical and visual spread.

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
Hi @Jaisingh . This comment comes late but I wanted to note that IGI's CA number is rounded to nearest 0.5.

If the actual angle is 33.3-ish, which agrees with the rounded CH%, the girdle description may be "Thin" - rather than VTN or XTN - which doesn't earn any penalty and is acceptable for normal setting (but not tension setting).

RE "nice Fire under day to day life lighting:" The table is a bit larger, and crown is a bit lower, than the "all around" proportions canonized by PS members, but the numbers are favorable for great performance and nice physical and visual spread.

Hi Thanks for your reply!

Its not too late I bought online on 77diamonds a European retailer. and have asked for the seller to send pics I am still waiting. if the pics look bad I will try to cancel it.

The thing is because there are so many variables 'Cs' involved when you find something which has all the variables OK for a good price you kind of become 'attached' and hope for it to be right in every aspect and hence I am asking for risk of shallowness and lack of fire. I didn't know much about the proportions and I read anything between 32.5-35.5 and 40.6 and 41.6 works and the idea proportion is 60/60 like.
I initially had a strong buyers remorse after I searched a bit more and realized that the ideal crown angle and pavilion proportion as well as crown height is supposed to be more towards fire side (compared to my proportions) as discussed in the community :D .

Btw on your link of "all round" it says IGI rounds CA to 0.1%

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Btw on your link of "all round" it says IGI rounds CA to 0.1%
I just checked and - indeed - some reports show tenths of degrees. The examples I found were H&A reports. The standard LGD report may be rounded to nearest 0.5 (?) based on boilerplate information, but I will inquire to be sure we're reporting that correctly. Thanks for catching that!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
any listed companies we can invest in in this field ?
3m ,Corning and Philips and their parent companies are a few names off the top of my head.
A lot of work is being done in Sweden by smaller companies.

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
3m ,Corning and Philips and their parent companies are a few names off the top of my head.
A lot of work is being done in Sweden by smaller companies.

Thanks. I actually am quite invested in Nordic tech firms. They have high quality of innovation but trade significantly cheaper to the US counter parts

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
Hi

I received the pics but it looks like there is something at 9 pm corner near the edge. Igi report does not mention it!!!

Just wanted to seek your opinion based on the pic. If it an inclusion or is it a chip!?

Screenshot_20211203-123811_Adobe Acrobat.jpg LGOS-00028-IdealScope-01.jpg LGOS-00028-ASET white-01.jpg LGOS-00028-Officelight black-01.jpg LGOS-00028-Officelight Gray-01.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the date of the report? Also the plot looks pretty clean? What is the clarity? That thing on the edge looks like it could be a natural or an artifact of polishing or wear. It should have been noted if it was there when the stone was examined. That said, you wouldn’t see it in normal viewing conditions.

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
The date of the report is July 2020 so 17 months ago - would it mean it was returned by someone and the mark is from taking it out if a ring ?

Clarity VS1
Color F

As it's small I agree with you that we can't see it in normal conditions, am just afriad if it's a chip in a few years it might spread.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask the vendor to verify the image are of the right stone and find out what it is, could be as simple as goop on the stone, wrong stone, or possible damage.
Eye visible or not it needs to be investigated.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread - high level diamond math, electrical light design & opining on European domestic energy subsidy policy :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
No read m last post. It's fine

Oh, I saw that. I just meant a general comment, I think the GIA could inject a wee bit of humor to their certs with DANGEROUSLY THIN or a PLEASANTLY PLUMP girdle comment.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, I saw that. I just meant a general comment, I think the GIA could inject a wee bit of humor to their certs with DANGEROUSLY THIN or a PLEASANTLY PLUMP girdle comment.

Luv it.
Dead as a dodo
Milky as ouzo and water

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
Ask the vendor to verify the image are of the right stone and find out what it is, could be as simple as goop on the stone, wrong stone, or possible damage.
Eye visible or not it needs to be investigated.

Done
Lets see what they reply

Jaisingh

Rough_Rock
I received a reply below

'I have just spoken to a head of our diamond team regarding your question, he confirms that this is defiantly not a chip and it looks like dust or fiber.'

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results