shape
carat
color
clarity

From 1.60 H to 1.98 G to 2.58 I! My Whiteflash ACA journey

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Hey. It’s crazy out there. First and foremost, take care of you and your loved ones.

Before we got put into shelter-in-place, I was helping a couple of my guy friends out choosing a diamond for their soon-to-be-fiancés earlier this year. (Long story short, both didn’t go with my suggested vendor; despite my compelling reasons. One even went with a vendor who cried “GIA XXX is all you need” and who didn’t know what a Idealscope or ASET was. Gosh, that one hurt *ow*.)

Along this journey, I became wrapped up in the land of 2.5 ct stones. I was looking in stores... looking online. I was dreaming about them. If you recall, I upgraded from a 1.6 H VS1 to a 1.988 G VS1 in October last year. The last upgrade to 1.988 was because I wanted something to remember my dearly departed dog by (my heart dog) as she died at not even two years old.

Since then, we’ve added another dog, whom I love very much. He has shown me light and helped me heal. I thought about getting a separate piece of jewelry specially for this pup. But alas no, that wouldn’t do. Let’s wrap up all my “special beings” into one piece as separate is no good as far as symbolism (for me) goes. *light bulb!*

I always thought I was a high-color gal. Right around the F/G range was where I was happy. But I started noticing all these I color stones on PS and when I looked closely at pics, they looked so white! Interest became obsession.

Luckily, it was short-lived as I saw this insanely bright looking 2.58 I VVS2 on WF. I laid eyes on it and messaged my WONDERFUL WF rep to put it on hold. Thought about it for a night and then decided to take the leap; just like that. I was able to get some comparisons between my 1.98 and the 2.58 and to my surprise, the difference in photos was minuscule to me, when face-up.

Deets:
2.584ct
I color
VVS2
8.88x8.96x5.39

Setting: custom-design, platinum, size 6.5, with a faux halo/gallery, split shank that is 2.5mm to 3mm from shoulders, brushed finish, euro shank.

Major SHOUTOUT to Whiteflash for completing this project early and before the shut-down. I am so glad to have this safe on my finger. I do need to send it back as the 6 prongs need some work; they are not laying totally flat on the crown, there is space and more fuzz than acceptable is catching. Despite this issue, I am beyond pleased with my choice! I think I’m finally done. :)

Pic heavy! Thanks for letting me share. We all need a little sparkle to get us through these surreal times.

Attachments

• 6B969737-D21A-47A0-93CF-8C45DD6EB5F2.jpeg
    6B969737-D21A-47A0-93CF-8C45DD6EB5F2.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 8EA45122-905C-4B44-9022-E7C8B4E36E63.jpeg
    8EA45122-905C-4B44-9022-E7C8B4E36E63.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 51934742-8919-4B53-BAF0-8B11F4B1E06C.jpeg
    51934742-8919-4B53-BAF0-8B11F4B1E06C.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 162
  • E61D99BF-4148-4225-A108-67C6E577D5C9.jpeg
    E61D99BF-4148-4225-A108-67C6E577D5C9.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 134
  • 3D813A2C-6162-4475-8665-0F0C306487ED.jpeg
    3D813A2C-6162-4475-8665-0F0C306487ED.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 4AAAFAB0-55FD-47AC-88C1-ADC2D6CAE9E9.jpeg
    4AAAFAB0-55FD-47AC-88C1-ADC2D6CAE9E9.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 145
  • EDB39877-70B0-43B7-A72B-B9EC59D6B2DA.jpeg
    EDB39877-70B0-43B7-A72B-B9EC59D6B2DA.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 143

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
what a lovely trio!! congrats on your beautiful WF diamond and setting, it looks absolutely perfect on your hand! :kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your beautiful new diamond (& new pup!). I really like the design on this solitaire, too!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Wow loving all the three rings! Noticed you have all three ring metal colours now, all of them look so beautiful in their own way!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for sharing your story and journey, I really really enjoyed reading it and I'm so sorry for the loss of your heart doggy. I'm glad you have another who has been able to heal some wounds. They are magical like that. :kiss2:

What an awesome ring! I love everything about it! How did you come up with it? It makes me think of Vikings and crowns, I love the brushed finish and the euro shank and the fact that it is substantial and solid. Wow!

What is the euroshank like? Comfy? Does it genuinely stop the spinning? I have pondered euroshanks previously but ... I dunno... I find them appealing and weird all at the same time but also think they're kinda awesome and that I want one...!

That diamond is just icing on the cake, it really shines in that setting and looks great on your finger. Great find! Just keep posting more pictures. And maybe a video! :lol-2:

Finally, oh my god I hope your threads are accessible and that you have threads on those other rings! They are also sublime! Pretty sure actually I've seen them... I'll try hunting them down later.

Thank you again for sharing, a lovely bright spot in the chaos. Stay safe!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your upgrade - the diamond looks beautiful on you!

So glad that you got another pup to help heal your heart. Thank goodness they are able to do that. You never forget about the one your lost but to be able to love another is such a gift. Lifts so much pain away!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. So many pretties you have. I love your new stone and that setting is gorgeous as well. (Who makes that solitaire?)
Happy you were able to take delivery before their shutdown. Now you can enjoy it during this anxious time. It was meant to be. I hope it brings you much peace and happiness. Enjoy your beautiful new ring!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flipping stunning! And that setting is so unusual & perfect! I puffy heart all your collection :kiss2:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful diamond! The ring looks incredible on your hand. I love your collection. Each ring looks spectacular on its own, but seen together?? OMG!! Amazingly beautiful.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! It looks beautiful on you! How do you find the color facing up in person compared to your higher color stones?

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful diamond! The ring looks incredible on your hand. I love your collection. Each ring looks spectacular on its own, but seen together?? OMG!! Amazingly beautiful.

Thank you. I am still working on a way to wear every single ring, on every single finger, every day. :bigsmile:

what a lovely trio!! congrats on your beautiful WF diamond and setting, it looks absolutely perfect on your hand! :kiss2:

Thank you. It took a little while to get here! You know how it is...when you first start your diamond collection, tastes are one way. And then over time and with personal experiences, you really find what you love!

Congrats on your beautiful new diamond (& new pup!). I really like the design on this solitaire, too!

Thank you (on both the diamond and the pup!). Ben is my new pup and he is WONDERFUL. He's doing well and just had a growth spurt I swear.

Wow loving all the three rings! Noticed you have all three ring metal colours now, all of them look so beautiful in their own way!

Thank you! Yes. I am lucky enough to be able to wear all metals. Either that or I just wear them all anyways. :sun:

Stunning! It looks great on you!

Thanks!

Flipping stunning! And that setting is so unusual & perfect! I puffy heart all your collection :kiss2:

I will take that puffy heart and heart it! Thank you!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for sharing your story and journey, I really really enjoyed reading it and I'm so sorry for the loss of your heart doggy. I'm glad you have another who has been able to heal some wounds. They are magical like that. :kiss2:

What an awesome ring! I love everything about it! How did you come up with it? It makes me think of Vikings and crowns, I love the brushed finish and the euro shank and the fact that it is substantial and solid. Wow!

What is the euroshank like? Comfy? Does it genuinely stop the spinning? I have pondered euroshanks previously but ... I dunno... I find them appealing and weird all at the same time but also think they're kinda awesome and that I want one...!

That diamond is just icing on the cake, it really shines in that setting and looks great on your finger. Great find! Just keep posting more pictures. And maybe a video! :lol-2:

Finally, oh my god I hope your threads are accessible and that you have threads on those other rings! They are also sublime! Pretty sure actually I've seen them... I'll try hunting them down later.

Thank you again for sharing, a lovely bright spot in the chaos. Stay safe!

Thank you - we're healing. Fortunately or unfortunately, it seems like time is doing its job. Despite how we (my husband and I) felt when it happened so suddenly. We're also fostering dogs now with our humane society too... it has also helped a ton with healing.

For the setting, I was actually basing the idea off of Alex Park's "standard" setting on his IG. It seems like it's his go-to for many of his stones and gets chosen a lot by his customers. The look was brushed, thick and a little chunky. His has a little faux halo/gallery that sits a little lower, but I wanted it to puff out a bit when viewing top-down to add an illusion. The faux halo I went with is very slight, about 0.5mm of a faux halo all the way around. As far as the split-shank decision, I knew I like cathedral shoulders and wanted 6 prongs, so it just kinda turned into split-shank. I love the balanced look of it!

The euro shank is GREAT!. its comfy. It doesn't bother me at all (I can't even tell its not round). It does help the spinning. But also the thicker shank (3mm at the base) helps it stay put better than a thinner band. The thin bands are the ones guilty of being spin-sters.

I did post some videos!!! I need to link them and will do so shortly.

Thanks for your note - you stay safe as well!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade - the diamond looks beautiful on you!

So glad that you got another pup to help heal your heart. Thank goodness they are able to do that. You never forget about the one your lost but to be able to love another is such a gift. Lifts so much pain away!

Thank you so much. I think I am finally done. When my hubby got me a 1.6, I never dreamed I'd be sitting at a 2.58! And not so soon, either. To be fair, I've been with him for 16 years and married for 1.5 years of that. So technically I am 16 years in so all these upgrades are OK. Haha.

Yes, thank goodness for doggos. I don't know what I would have done and was desperate to feel better. We also started fostering dogs with the humane society and that has helped so much as well - we're so glad we're fostering! It is such a joy.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Wow. So many pretties you have. I love your new stone and that setting is gorgeous as well. (Who makes that solitaire?)
Happy you were able to take delivery before their shutdown. Now you can enjoy it during this anxious time. It was meant to be. I hope it brings you much peace and happiness. Enjoy your beautiful new ring!!

Thank you! The setting is a custom design I "designed" with the WF team. I was so anxious even when sending my stone in for the upgrade as things were *just* starting to go bananas. I'm so grateful to the WF team for getting it back to me (even though I need to send it back to fix the prongs, eventually).

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! It looks beautiful on you! How do you find the color facing up in person compared to your higher color stones?

Thank you! Honestly, I can BARELY tell. All I can see is sparkle. I had NEVER considered a stone color lower than an H before (H is what hubby picked out for me) and once I got the G, I didn't think I'd go lower than a G. I think b/c prior to this excursion, I had never actually seen an I-color in person before so wasn't sure just how much yellow tint there might have been. I do have an O AVOEC but had not seen an RB in I before.

Once I got the comparison pics from WF comparing my G and this I, it was a done deal. I have the comparison pic still if you'd like to see!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your upgrade it's beautiful! I totally agree with you on an I color stone. They really do face up white.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade it's beautiful! I totally agree with you on an I color stone. They really do face up white.

I only wish I had discovered this sooner! But when you go into brick and mortars, they're always steering you away from anything under H... b/c of this, I had it in my mind that I color would be yellow like a post-it note. I never imagined it wouldn't matter as much so long as its a super ideal cut. I am embarrassed to say that I can't really see the difference, heehee.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And so white looking! I love the setting you designed...great upgrade!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Yep, yep, yep...videos are great and confirm: a beautiful stone, and a fabulous setting! Well done.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous, perfect carat weight too. Enjoy wearing that beautiful rock

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are just gorgeous! Can I ask who made the delicious yellow gold emerald cut setting?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and ring and a really noticeable jump in size!!!!

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Since I myself am a “foster failure” (had to adopt the very first dog I fostered), I really salute you for going that route. Also, LOVE to you for losing your dog. How wonderful that you have another to cuddle up to!
Your ring is STUNNING. I am obsessed with the setting. Enjoy!
I laughed when you said you are trying to figure out a way to wear them all every day. I don’t have a collection like yours, but I have been thinking of planning for another ring but I can’t imagine not ALSO wearing the one I have. I think I am too wound up in how the two would go together.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! We are diamond sisters! I always said I wouldn't go bigger, but if I could keep this stone and get a 3.5, I think I would. I don't think I could bear to part with it though. My previous upgrade was from .75 to 1.70 and when someone bought my stone, my heart hurt. It was mine, and I really didn't like the idea of someone else having it. Conversely, when I traded in my .75, I didn't have a single negative thought about it.
Your ring is lovely and it looks stunning on you! I hope you love staring at it and enjoy it every single day. It most certainly is a sparkle bomb. Talk about adding light in some slightly dark days.
So very happy for you. Happy for your lovely stone and happy that you have a new fur baby to lift some of the sadness from your loss. It's so amazing to me how interesting, deep and different their personalities can be, and how much joy they bring us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results