shape
carat
color
clarity

Freke''s Blue E-bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, last one...for now...lalalalala....

And Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

IMG_3129 freke.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I adore that second to last pic, that is like a freaking STROBE!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Freke! That stone is gorgeous.

Are you still thinking of Krikawa for your wedding band?

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful new photos freke! Gorgeous ring!!
36.gif
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to put in my vote once more to NOT change the prongs - live with it a bit. Try it with a band too - I lOVE the prongs!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRETTY!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 5:06:46 PM
Author: elsie
Congratulations, Freke! That stone is gorgeous.

Are you still thinking of Krikawa for your wedding band?
Lol. Depends on what their prices are when we start looking. If not, I might try for a little eternity band (maybe white sapphires?) for some extra sparkle. But a plain band is definitely in the cards.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2008 12:03:07 PM
Author: motownmama
I just want to put in my vote once more to NOT change the prongs - live with it a bit. Try it with a band too - I lOVE the prongs!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRETTY!
Lol. Well I wouldn''t mind the prongs except for the fact that they have been catching on everything. Besides that, I don''t so much care about the look (I''m not a claw prongs kind of girl AT ALL, and prongs to me are more function than anything else) as I am worried about the security of the stone. There are a couple prongs that look like they aren''t really holding onto the stone very well. I DO wish the shank were thinner.

We are going back to the jewelry store to talk to them, look into our options, and maybe try on wedding bands this week sometime. I will let you all know what happens.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all of your lovely comments!

Even though I''m whiny about the setting I''m totally enamored with my ring, and totally fascinated with the color shift. I wouldn''t change the stone for the world. Now the setting on the other hand needs a little tweaking...

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/27/2008 5:27:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Lol. Depends on what their prices are when we start looking. If not, I might try for a little eternity band (maybe white sapphires?) for some extra sparkle. But a plain band is definitely in the cards.

Yeah, ain''t that the truth. I think I bought my band for less than half of what they''re charging for it now. Guess the business took off right after I made my purchase! Thought it would be nice to drool over anything you buy, since I probably won''t be able to afford anything from them soon.
2.gif

White sapphires would go well with your e-ring. Everyone''s talking sapphires -- now I think I need a few more!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires are my favorite gemstone and I love the color on yours. It looks perfect on your hand. Congrats on your engagement!
9.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow great pics! I''m glad I came back to look for more.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Frekechild YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh YAY Freke!!!!!

Woo hoo! I knew it would be the BB spinel! The whole day sounds fabulous, congrats to you and Mr. Freke!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Freke honey, it''s so beautiful. I''m never on SMTR, don''t ask me why when it''s so wonderful to come here and see such beautiful pieces and know that my friends are wearing them with joy. You deserve the best honey, and that amazing ring is definitely up there!!! Wear it in the best of health. ((HUGS))

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i''m obviously late to this, but your ring is beautiful and the stone is scrumptious! As a colored stone gal myself...i''m drooling.

You will make the right decision about the setting and it doesnt have to be made right now! Congrats and enjoy staring at that beauty!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t like my ring. And I hate myself for it.
7.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 3:32:56 AM
7.gif
There is NO reason to hate yourself for anything.....you will be wearing this ring for the rest of your life and why not be happy with it now? GO GIRL....see what they can do about making you happy with your AWESOME BEAUTY!

Big hugs,
Lori

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
Oh Freke... Thankfully it''s a solitaire so if you change the setting to another solitaire or change the prongs likely no one will notice. I would go to your local jeweler and see if you can find something you LOVE. I had my diamond lowered and a few weeks later I forgot I had changed the setting at all! No one seemed to notice either...

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock

7.gif

Freke sorry to hear you are feeling down about your ring....I think the stone is a stunner!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and the great thing about settings is they can be changed
9.gif
....I personally think having it set in a solitaire how it is is a beautiful look, so perhaps your jeweler will be able to tweak it to your liking?

I hope that you are able to get the ring to look exactly how you want it to, but don''t hate yourself for not loving it...it can be fixed!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, I know I''m late on this but I wanted to congratulate you for your engagement. I didn''t read the entire thread, but on this page I see for some reason you are not happy with the ring? I hope you get what you want and deserve...a ring you love! I love the stone, btw!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw sweetie, no hating yourself. What aren''t you loving - the setting? Because settings are easy to change!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
No hating on yourself! Your stone is awesome. No hating on yourself!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
Hi Freke... just wanted to say that your stone is a knock out!!!! So incredibly beautiful.

I assume from your earlier post that you dont like the setting (since you said you were enamored with your stone). Please dont hate yourself for not liking your ring. I didnt like my ring when I first received it (prongs were horrible and the original sapphire was poorly cut), but after a few tweaks I was in love with it!

Absolutely no reason to feel badly about not being in love with your ring, after all it can be fixed. What kind of setting would you prefer?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, congrats again! I am sorry you don''t like your setting. Would your FI be upset if you wanted to reset it?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I talked to FI about it, and he''s fine with a reset. I had originally designed a ring (not very well I might add, but you can get the general idea) with elements that he and I both liked. They (FI and BFF) went to the store and showed them my design three weeks before he was going to propose. So obviously, being right before Christmas on top of a custom job, they couldn''t get it ready in time. FI wanted to stick with the custom, but between the looming deadline and BFF pressuring him, they chose this setting.

I went to the jeweler the other day with a friend and decided to try on wrings just for fun. Turns out, not so fun. My top priority was that the shank be thin, because I''m not a fan of thick rings to begin with, but they also make me uncomfortable. So I found out that this setting has a shank thats almost 4mm wide. I wanted 2mm. the 4mm is fine if I were going to wear this ring by myself, but in a year when I wear it, it will be with another ring. Period. So I tried on bands, and the only ones that looked ok with it (nothing looked great) were a scattered diamond band about 3mm thick and a channel set sapphire band. Both of those are way out of budget for what I wanted originally anyway--which was a plain 2mm band. Not only that--but that''s a good 6-7mm on my finger, and I wouldn''t be able to stand that.

Here is a pic of my design... (my ghetto photoshop job is on the right, I want the profile of the top middle setting, and the split shank of the bottom middle. I don''t want any diamonds--ALL metal for me). Oh and that is my stone that I photoshopped into it. Dan''s stone is the top left corner.

Thank goodness I love the stone!

Lizzie ering la la la.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi freke :)

krikawa has a lovely low dome style which i''ve admired for a long time. in fact, i think their style for a plain band is as lovely as any i''ve ever seen. it''s on the krikawa site in platinum, tho i''m sure it could be done in white gold, if that''s where you''re heading. i love some of their designs, and umm''d and ahh''d between them, george sawyer, and chris ploof for a mokume gane ring for a looong time. (went with chris ploof in the end) but if it was just a plain band i was looking for, krikawa would be my first port of call.

and i love blue spinel :)

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
the blue of your spinel. It''s beautiful
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Freke,

I''m so late, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I''m so glad he chose ''the Barry''- it''s a knockout. Absolutely gorgeous. I''m sorry you''re not feeling the setting, but it''s great that your fiance is open to a change.

I know you''re thinking of going custom at this point, but I came across this Knox setting that has a (somewhat) similar feel as your design. It isn''t a split shank, but it''s a nice thin band with an interesting curved detail. Worth a look, at least.
10.gif

Knox Engagement Ring (unnamed)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Aw Freke! It will be beautiful--have them make whatever you''d love. I like your idea a lot--when they remake it, you''ll love your ring again. Smart to think ahead about the wedding band and shank thickness! It''s going to be beautiful!

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Late as usual!!

Fantastic stone Freke. I''m sure you will decide on the right setting. Enjoy it in good health!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results