shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eau d'Hadrien edp on this hot, humid day. An older version. Probably my all-time favorite summer perfume.

Eau D'Hadrien edp.jpeg'Hadrien edp.jpeg

ooooooo I remember that one! :kiss2: Its hard to find a lemon perfume that doesn't veer into furniture polish or dish soap territory!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YSL In Love Again (original version) -- so nice on what is yet another very hot day.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing the Salvador Dali version of Schiaparelli's Le Roy Soleil.

The difference between the versions is the year they were created and the bottles used. This bottle created in the 90's has a plastic head with a glass body. It is a PDT so, quite a strong brew.
Schiaperelli's version was created to celebrate the end of the WWII, the glass was baccarat crystal. Both times the bottle was attributed to Dali even then, and it carried forward to his own brand.

Its an absolutely enjoyable perfume, the fruityness, the cloves (which aren't super heavy) When notes are compared it seemed to mimic that 1946 perfume pretty square on. That being such a limited run its going to be super hard to find. This one for a while after it was discontinued was sky high. My bottle thankfully was about 20 bucks. I don't know what year I have but man it smells good.

20210708_130242.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Du 68 Cologne.
20210716_092443.jpg

The cologne is much more citric forward than the EDP. EDP pretty much lacks those notes (I wouldn't say its floral either) Both have a tonka heavy drydown, the EDP more so than the cologne.

The cologne is unfortunately discontinued. I find it to be very strong but less weighty for this time of year.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fleur d'Oranger by L'Artisan today.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Amouage Beloved which by rights is a very strong juice. I have an older bottle that I just adore and normally, use 1 spray of. Well, today I put on 5 :oops2: :appl:. Considering whats going on with me, I can't smell all of it and its not like I'm going anywhere right?

I smell something that vaguely smells like powder, roses and sweet herbs. Smells good though!! In this state its not a heavy smell, though I'm sure it would knock some folks out:lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm celebrating with Guerlain Basier de Russie. Its hot/humid as heck and if I go outside wearing it, I get a swell of notes. Yummy.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I love all the Hermessence fragrances. I don't know if they still sell sample packs but in the past you could purchase a set of samples for a reasonable cost and try before you buy a full bottle. I love all of their Hermessence fragrances. All delicious gourmand scents. My favorite is the Vetiver Tonka but IMO they are all FB worthy! Hope you enjoy!

Yes, definitely get a FB. I go through it too fast LOL but one of the things I greatly appreciate about it is that it is a gentle not overbearing scent so it is almost impossible to over spray. And it is so good.

I was able to fins sample bottles on Ebay

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guerlain AA Mandarine basilic for the last two weeks straight... We've had between 105/106 Fahrenheit , so that one was PERFECT.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to fins sample bottles on Ebay

Sample bottles are reasonably priced so I prefer not getting it on ebay just because I don't trust it's authenticity.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Carolina Herrera's Very Good Girl EDP. It was a blind buy because I couldn't resist the stiletto shaped bottle when I saw that it's now come out in RED omg! Fortunately, it smells okay too. :)

vgg.jpg

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Molinard Habanita L'Esprit. Yummy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

"Come on" FOTD babies....what RU wearing?

As of late, life has been challenging: but no fragrance? Tell me it isn't so!

Wore H24. Good for a hoodie kinda, cool and wet day.

cheers--Sharon

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

"Come on" FOTD babies....what RU wearing?
I don't have "fancy" scents like you all, just what I can get at Ulta. Today is Jimmy Choo I Want Choo..

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I have been wearing Boadicea the victorious Bodecious, for the last few day. I smell like a big bowl of cherry, clove and jasmine in the most delicious sweet way. Lasts all day reminds me of Tom ford's Lost cherry

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been wearing Boadicea the victorious Bodecious, for the last few day. I smell like a big bowl of cherry, clove and jasmine in the most delicious sweet way. Lasts all day reminds me of Tom ford's Lost cherry

oo interesting! I was a bit put out by Lost Cherry as it seemed to wane quickly.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Miss Dior here today, using up my free-with-purchase miniature bottle. It's pleasant enough but, like many of the newer formulas, the fragrance seems kind of flat or one dimensional or whatever you'd call it.

ETA: Re "Lost Cherry," I wish they'd quit with the crude names. I buy perfume for the luxury of it, not to snicker at naughty words like a twelve year old. :(

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
Hermès eau des merveilles - every day for more than a decade. I know it’s boring, but I’m a “signature scent” more than a “scent wardrobe” kind of person. Also, I have several family members who are quite sensitive to scents, and this is one of very few that doesn’t give them headaches.

It’s EDT, but seems to lasts all day. More on the light/subtle/sheer side. Noticeable when close, but you can’t smell me coming a block away.

Smells kind of citrusy/salty/peppery/amber-y/woody/vetiver-y
Starts effervescent, drys a bit softer/powdery. Kind of makes me think of warm salty skin…. Like the beach, without smelling like a coconut

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Dior here today, using up my free-with-purchase miniature bottle. It's pleasant enough but, like many of the newer formulas, the fragrance seems kind of flat or one dimensional or whatever you'd call it.

ETA: Re "Lost Cherry," I wish they'd quit with the crude names. I buy perfume for the luxury of it, not to snicker at naughty words like a twelve year old. :(

you mean like the Kilian names? yeah they do make me snicker (or roll my eyes ) I sometimes wonder who was smoking what to come up with those names...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm working so I put on Amouage Beloved. I kinda wish I hadn't...lol (don't get me wrong, I love it, but maybe wasn't the best fit for today)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I keep it light with Guerlain Flora Nymphea

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very warm Fall day for such a heady scent: but I wanted the Rose to keep me in summer vibe. Nest Candle Rose Noir and Oud.

cheers--Sharon

Loving this thread! Can’t believe I haven’t seen it until now.

My ~signature scent~ for the last 7-odd years has been Tom Ford Private Blend Jasmin Rouge EDP. For whatever reason, it’s the one perfume I’ve consistently gotten compliments on and that just feels right (2nd place goes to my unfortunate phase of overloading on Thierry Mugler Alien in high school…).

I’ve been looking to change it up. Any recommendations? Unfortunately, I have no nose, nor the language, to specify which elements I like (and do not like) — I only “know it when I smell it.” What I do know is that I gravitate towards borderline slutty (can I use that word here?) heady big white florals. I tried Serge Lutens A La Nuit for a bit, but it didn’t seem seem to work for me/my body chemistry (ditto Frederic Malle Carnal Flower).

Hermès eau des merveilles - every day for more than a decade. I know it’s boring, but I’m a “signature scent” more than a “scent wardrobe” kind of person.

Not boring! Eau des Merveilles EDT goes a bit rancid on me, but I LOVE the body cream (although the packaging leaves something to be desired). I swear you have to beat men off with a stick when wearing it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving this thread! Can’t believe I haven’t seen it until now.

My ~signature scent~ for the last 7-odd years has been Tom Ford Private Blend Jasmin Rouge EDP. For whatever reason, it’s the one perfume I’ve consistently gotten compliments on and that just feels right (2nd place goes to my unfortunate phase of overloading on Thierry Mugler Alien in high school…).

I’ve been looking to change it up. Any recommendations? Unfortunately, I have no nose, nor the language, to specify which elements I like (and do not like) — I only “know it when I smell it.” What I do know is that I gravitate towards borderline slutty (can I use that word here?) heady big white florals. I tried Serge Lutens A La Nuit for a bit, but it didn’t seem seem to work for me/my body chemistry (ditto Frederic Malle Carnal Flower).

Not boring! Eau des Merveilles EDT goes a bit rancid on me, but I LOVE the body cream (although the packaging leaves something to be desired). I swear you have to beat men off with a stick when wearing it.

Amouage Portrayal may be up your alley. Jasmine, tobacco, Elemini Its got its dirty elements to it that I really enjoy.

Mugler's Alien also might be up your alley. I never really enjoyed it on myself as I do on others, but also, its another jasmine bomb.

If you have Diptyque counter/boutique near you, you might want to try 34 Boulevard St Germaine EDP.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Costume National Scent Intense.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Parfums DelRae Mythique. I've had this for a long time and it just keeps getting better! (not much left either!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Pacifica layer of French Lilac and Island Vanilla :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results