shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be a hot one today so wearing Caron Eau de Reglisse. Starts off with lemon verbana, ends with licorice (the natural stuff). Here's whats sad, I sometimes forget I have this. Not that its a bad perfume, I just...forget...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Prada Ambree. For me its a favorite summer amber, just enough without being overbearing and stuffy and awesome for the heatwave we're having right now. Sad they discontinued, but I've got a decent sized bottle thankfully :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Borghese "Il Bacio." (Il bacio = the kiss.) "A fruity floral fragrance that is feminine , elegant and distinctive. Perfume has top notes of a floral composition with delicate Freesia, Honeysuckle , Jasmine, Lily-of-the Valley and Rose. Multi-faceted middle notes of fruity florals of Melon, Peach, Plum and Passion Fruit and bottom notes of Musk, Amber Sandalwood and Cedar wood."

I use the tiniest spray of this because it's strong stuff. I've loved this perfume for years and almost always get compliments.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 that sounds divine! I've never tried this one but hm.... maybe its time? Might have to wait until dry season down here if its a powerhouse.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 that sounds divine! I've never tried this one but hm.... maybe its time? Might have to wait until dry season down here if its a powerhouse.

You should definitely try it! I know what you mean about the cat pee turn some perfumes take. I've had that happen before. I think it's citrus that does it to me.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green and floral in Byredo inflorescence. Love this for warm spring days!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Profumum Vanitas for a cold rainy Saturday. But it is enveloping me in comfort and warmth. It's rich and sexy and edgy but still sweet and soft. Happy Saturday all.:wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This morning I put on a sample of Hermes Galop d'Hermes. oh boy, you have to really love leather for this, because its there...lots of it.. The quince here is simple but keeps that leather in check. Surprising and something I didn't exactly expect from Hermes.

I'm not sure if its a scrubber though the leather is just getting bigger...lol and I put it on at 6am!!! but it may not be suitable for summer down here (humidity today is already 82%!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Comme des Garcons Rhubarb from the Sherbert Series. Ahhhh :kiss: I love this...at least I do now as its quite hot and humid. This is perfect for this type of weather.

P

PierreBear

Question regarding perfume - I've only worn two brands consistently. I would put it on in the morning and it would be faint around lunch time. Do ya'll spritz in the afternoon as well? If so, do you use the same smell (in a temporary transporter) or a different one (will the smells still subtly conflict)? Thanks for the newbie guidance!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question regarding perfume - I've only worn two brands consistently. I would put it on in the morning and it would be faint around lunch time. Do ya'll spritz in the afternoon as well? If so, do you use the same smell (in a temporary transporter) or a different one (will the smells still subtly conflict)? Thanks for the newbie guidance!

If you're wearing the same perfumes a lot, you can get used to them. Basically its a sort of temporary asnosmia. That doesn't mean that others wont be able to smell it, but if you're wearing it for you, you of course want to be able to smell it later in the day!

I tend to like stronger perfumes, which means if I don't want to suffer from asnosmia, I spray far away from my face. That means no neck, and def. no to low decollete. With EDP's and stronger I tend to spray under clothing instead of on top. I type a lot, so I also don't spray wrists as the scent transferres to everything...lol The only time I spray with abandon is with body sprays ( and some EDC's.) Some people spray their hair with a fine mist (I don't, but it doesn't hurt much considering what hairspray and gels can do).

I layer perfumes quite often. Its perfectly fine to do as long as you like what you smell like. But to that end, I've also have my mess ups with it too...lol

So which scents are the ones you're taking about? We might be able to drag you into the cult help you find some that last longer:mrgreen:

P

PierreBear

Thanks for the tips. I've actually only been spraying my wrists and also rubbing on my neck. You are right though that half the time I'm probably wiping it on my computer as I type/work. I'll try the other tips!

Marc by marc jacobs - Daisy
Marc by marc jacobs - Eau so Fresh
Another one that a friend gave me that smells sweet but it's such a small size that I'll go through it quickly.

If I like those two Marc by marc jacob sents, does anyone have a recommendation what I should try next? What a fun thread! I'm afraid I might be catching the bug. : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Comme des Garcons Rhubarb from the Sherbert Series. Ahhhh :kiss: I love this...at least I do now as its quite hot and humid. This is perfect for this type of weather.

Ooh I love Black Pepper by Comme des Garcons and just ordered a FB. Looking forward to its arrival.
https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Comme-des-Garcons/Blackpepper-40188.html

Today I am wearing a warm weather favorite. Vetiver Tonka by Hermessence. Delicious and light and fresh.

In the winter I do carry a little sprayer bottle filled with my favorite perfume and occasionally do refresh. It feels and smells delicious. But in winter the perfume doesn't last as long due to my dry skin so this works. But now that it is much warmer and more humid I don't carry anything extra with me. It isn't necessary for me. Everyone's skin and each perfume is different though. I spray my hair and under my clothes on my pulse points usually and I am good to go. I am very light on spraying however as I would rather err on the side of too little than too much for everyone's sake. Enjoy!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tips. I've actually only been spraying my wrists and also rubbing on my neck. You are right though that half the time I'm probably wiping it on my computer as I type/work. I'll try the other tips!

Marc by marc jacobs - Daisy
Marc by marc jacobs - Eau so Fresh
Another one that a friend gave me that smells sweet but it's such a small size that I'll go through it quickly.

If I like those two Marc by marc jacob sents, does anyone have a recommendation what I should try next? What a fun thread! I'm afraid I might be catching the bug. : )

I'm not totally familiar with Daisy so I had to go look up the notes.

Based on that, I think you'll probably like the below, worth trying out if you can get to a counter to do so:

Balenciaga EDP - Its violet but still has the freshness you seem to like so much. Decent longevity, works for all seasons.

Balmain Eau d'Ivoire. Not as green but still fresh and fruity. Deceptive because it lasts forever without smelling super strong. I have the non berry version which is a bit more green and soapy.

Chanel Beige. This one is apart of their exclusive line...so not cheap as the other 2 but still, very clean and actually quite tropical in some ways because of the plumeria and honey notes. (I wear this when I want to smell good without being too complicated) soft but lasts decently long in cooler weather though I will wear it when its hot (smells AMAZING then!)

Bottega Veneta Knot - If you have not yet tried it, totally worth it. More citrus but with a touch of neroli. Must like orange flower...lol

The last might be a tossup...you kinda have to like lilies....
Cartier Baiser Volé Lys Rose which is a raspberry lily (yeah I know!!)
Cartier Baiser Volé Eau Fraiche a fresh take on the original which is a green lily
Cartier Baiser Volé Essense de parfum - Vanilla lily (I have this one, my favorite)

I would have done niche but I don't think you're ready yet...lol

P

PierreBear

Thanks! Perhaps I can get some samples at Sephora to test it out! Gosh... so many options.

I'm not totally familiar with Daisy so I had to go look up the notes.

Based on that, I think you'll probably like the below, worth trying out if you can get to a counter to do so:

Balenciaga EDP - Its violet but still has the freshness you seem to like so much. Decent longevity, works for all seasons.

Balmain Eau d'Ivoire. Not as green but still fresh and fruity. Deceptive because it lasts forever without smelling super strong. I have the non berry version which is a bit more green and soapy.

Chanel Beige. This one is apart of their exclusive line...so not cheap as the other 2 but still, very clean and actually quite tropical in some ways because of the plumeria and honey notes. (I wear this when I want to smell good without being too complicated) soft but lasts decently long in cooler weather though I will wear it when its hot (smells AMAZING then!)

Bottega Veneta Knot - If you have not yet tried it, totally worth it. More citrus but with a touch of neroli. Must like orange flower...lol

The last might be a tossup...you kinda have to like lilies....
Cartier Baiser Volé Lys Rose which is a raspberry lily (yeah I know!!)
Cartier Baiser Volé Eau Fraiche a fresh take on the original which is a green lily
Cartier Baiser Volé Essense de parfum - Vanilla lily (I have this one, my favorite)

I would have done niche but I don't think you're ready yet...lol

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first really warm and kind of humid days here... wearing Hermes Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate for bright and light summery freshness.
Tomorrow is friday, yay!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 3. A slightly darker take on tuberose as its paired with grass kumquat, plum, immortel and tobacco. I like it. It was probably not the day to wear it buit I didn't really care...lol tobacco was quite loud today, the sweeter side of things stayed well to the background. The tuberose was more bubblegum than natural floral. Its very weather dependent but I liked what I smelled. I'm a bit weird tho...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FB Black Pepper by Comme des Garcons came yesterday and I am enjoying it. And the bottle is very pretty too. Greg thinks it smells very similarly to Smart but I have to evaluate that as I am not sure that is true. This is quite peppery and just very fresh IMO. I also received 3 samples that I requested but have yet to try them.
  • 1.Coco Coco by Coqui Coqui
  • 2.Montale Intense Cafe
  • 3.Serge Lutens Chergui
I am excited to try these and if anything is FB worthy I will share my thoughts here.

Adding some photos. The bottle is a shiny blue/purple and cannot stand up on its own so must be in the box.

blackpepper.jpg

blackpepperandfrancesca.jpg

blackpepperandtommy.jpeg
Photo credit to HRH Francesca (2nd pic) and Sir Tommy (last pic). Meooow.

And adding one more of my current favorites.

IMG_1660.JPG

Happy smelling!:wavey:

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool. they look so enthused...lol.. When I take her to daycare sometimes they notice how good she smells. One of the ladies is like "she sure smells like her mommy!" :lol: She never likes when I drop her off, but always has a blast when she's there.

You may well like Chergui, and FYI, you may also want to try Diptyqye Volutes as they are similar. FWIW I have an OLD bottle of Chergui when it was on loan as an export in the black label/box Its quite sweet and heavy tobacco, more so than the newer bottles on the market. I will go to Volutes once this bottle is finally finished as it reminds me more of the old Chergui.

and um... I don't think I want to show my wardrobe because...its kind of embarrassing....:shifty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Aracadian, I hear you! I didn't show much of my perfume wardrobe. Too embarrassing here too.:oops2: What I lined up on the dresser in the photo is what I wear on a regular basis. I decided this selection is perfect for me for all the seasons. I used to think I wanted to smell everything but well it is too much (for me) and too many choices so I stick to these for the most part. And I have so many samples that I have yet to try that I may never get to.

The Black Pepper was an impulsive buy because it was one of the samples I tried a few weeks ago and I decided I just had to have it. I enjoy the Diptyque line (but never tried Volutes so now I want to so will thanks for the suggestion) and so does my dh but I don't wear anything from it on a regular basis though I think Greg might. Thanks for the suggestion and that will be the first of the samples I will try.

And while I am not looking for any more FBs you never know so I appreciate all the recommendations from the perfume gurus here! Thank you!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea Its going to be ridic hot and humid today (90's) and this really fits the bill. Its one that has to be reapplied but thats ok 8-) This is a white floral for people that hate them...lol Meaning the neroli here is muted but isn't like a bar of soap, and the Syringa won't knock you over. The honey here is more like beeswax without it going into indole territory, and redberries give it enough sweetness but not too much. This is not a sugar bomb.

Of the Aqua Allegoria line its my favorite.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week I found Kiehl's Nashi Blossom & Pink Grapefruit (among some other sprays!!) in a box I had not yet unpacked since the move last year.... (when does that stop??) Its one of their long discontinued Aromatic Blends (you can sometimes find them on their website if you look hard enough.

Longevity is really not that great as its more along the lines of a body spray than an EDT, but its really awesome for hot days. (besides, you can always respray!!) If it were an EDP it could be a bit too much...this is where I feel that as more or less a body spray its perfect.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I'm wearing man! Darrin! Its a great citrus extrait. Smells like a mandarin tree full of fruit, with leaves, even with a tiny bit of soil.

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was toasty out today, so I went with Hermes un jardin sur le nil. It must have unintentionally influenced me, because I also spent my entire commute listening to Umm Kulthum :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Chanel Gardenia EDT. I make the distinction because they no longer sell the EDT and the EDP is... a wee bit matronly. The gardenia here is clean, prim, and shampoo like. Its also light for those that hate in your face white florals. There are fruity notes here and today the grape is out in force. I still like it because that weird grape adds something fun to this juice.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally inappropriately perfumed for the heatwave we're having today:
Dior Gris Montaigne

My toddler decided to help herself to a spritz (or fifty) so there went that precious juice...
On the plus side:
But my bedroom smells very nice and her preschool teacher commented on how nice she smelled.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took half the day and went to Flagler Museum. I also wore Chanel Bois des Ile as it was fitting for the weather (humid, sort of spitting rain) BdI and I didn't get on when she was an EDT because I wasn't feeling the aldehydes as much. They can sometimes be a bit much. Here they cut in half and you get to the good stuff a lot quicker; a very deep and snuggly ylang-ylang and sandalwood combo. The vanilla and tonka almost add a smokiness backdrop but not over the top (especially for the humidity we're having)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received a Versace gift set today, and although I would say this is not my usual taste, I like it! I'm sparkling with "the alluring essences of pomegranate, magnolia and lotus flower. Fresh and floral with warming base notes of Amber and musk" :lol:

IMG_1791.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I pulled out my sample of Boadicea the Victorius Ardent. This one can go 2 different ways on me, but today its behaving and it makes me want to splurge on a bottle. Its also one of the few with Agarwood that doesn't go seriously sour on my skin. A really beautiful (though sometimes naughty) rose, beeswax, and Oud combo. Its backboned by patchouli, landanum, vanilla and a touch of musk. There's more there but thats what I'm getting today

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Found a sample in my purse and sprayed it. Jour d'Hermes. I dunno. Mr Clean?

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results