shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Histoires de Perfumes Tubereuse 3 (Animale) - Pretty hard hitting, initially, but as it wears on I keep getting wafts of something delicious. On the fence about this one :think:
Such a gorgous scent!

Today I have on Salvador Dali Laguna. This (at least these days) would be classified as unisex. Its truly a gorgeous scent. soft but very long lasting (but must love citrus!!!)

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Arcadian- I'm pretty sure I applied far too heavily--and there was also splatter and excess drippage from trying to transfer from wee vial to wee spritzer--which added to the olfactory wallop when I first put it on. I like what I keep smelling in the air around me! But if I put my nose to skin... it's too much. Will try to be more delicate next time.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today is Certutti Blanche. Its one of those days where I just need to smell good :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sample from Nordy's. Creed Iris Tubereuse.

Not sure about it just yet. I get big green, followed by orange. (like a green leaf, then white petal...does this make sense?). I am looking for something that lasts!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a fun (but pretty potent) layering of Lubin Akkad EDP and Houbigant Fleurs d'Oranger Parfum I like to layer sometimes and this was a fun one. 2 sprays of akkad, one spray of FdO. FdO is VERY strong and thought its got a nutmeg note, sometimes it needs a bit more anchor. Akkad is a very earthy but luminous amber, does it without making the whole thing feel like a brick. Both have exceptional lasting power so... still smelling it since putting on at 7am :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian-

I have been very much into orange lately and buying orange scents, but no one mentioned Houbigant Fleurs d'Oranger to me. Sharon and I discussed Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine in a couple of postings. I love the way that smells initially, but it doesn't last. You have said that this scent lasts. How does it compare to Atelier Orange Sanguine?

Deb

Edited to add: I tried to look up reviews. Is the name of the Houbigant scent "Orangers en Fleurs"?

Last edited:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know variety is the spice of life but I only own one perfume - Tocca Cleopatra. I generally do not like musky scents or floral scents which this has been described as but I love this scent!

It's light and it works with my body chemistry. I've tried other scents that smell good in the store but just don't smell right on me.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried Salt Caramel by Shay and Blue? I know I tried a Shay and Blue scent but cannot recall which one. If we discussed this, I do not remember it. Will someone tell me what she knows about it. I asked Luck Scent for a sample, but would also like your opinions. I was also intrigued by a scent they sell called Rhubarb eau de toilette by Comme des Garcons. They had no samples of it, however. Has anyone smelled it? I smelled a rhubarb Hermes scent in Neiman Marcus, at the men's counter, when I was in Virginia and I loved it. So I am very curious.

AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian-

I have been very much into orange lately and buying orange scents, but no one mentioned Houbigant Fleurs d'Oranger to me. Sharon and I discussed Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine in a couple of postings. I love the way that smells initially, but it doesn't last. You have said that this scent lasts. How does it compare to Atelier Orange Sanguine?

Deb

Edited to add: I tried to look up reviews. Is the name of the Houbigant scent "Orangers en Fleurs"?

Deb you're right. Sign that I probably have way too many perfumes...lol I was thinking of the Serge Lutens equivalent (which I also have)
https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Houbigant/Orangers-en-Fleurs-15962.html

The Parfum is expensive...like 600 bucks a bottle for 100ml. The EDP comes in at a more reasonable price for 100ml bottle but not really as strong or long lasting. You can sometimes find the 10ml travel parfums on the bay for reasonable money. Its truly orange flower and not orange. Sweet, a very little soapiness to it Base note most smelled for me is nutmeg. Serge Lutens uses cumin which some people don't tend to like.

I have a bottle of Man-Darrin from Haught Parfums. They don't have it anymore (they're reorganizing I'm told), it smells like you're standing under a mandarin tree. Does last forever, but its not what I would call a bright citrus, on account of the soil tincture they use in it.

The unfortunate part of orange (and many citrus) perfumes is they just don't last.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Deb, If you're still on the citrus kick you could try Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier. While its lemon flower, I find it to be pretty true to the actual blossoms on the tree. Good longevity but can be a bit musky about 4-5 hours in (some people like it some don't)

I am expecting a special delivery today so no plans to wear anything until it gets here...lol

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian-

Thank you for your feedback on the orange and lemon scents. I am awash in them at the moment and afraid to acquire more and become more confused! I am certainly not at a point where I can smell secondary notes or base notes. I am lucky if I can smell the main note and know how long a scent lasts!
(On the other hand, I do have pretty clear preferences, so I am discerning something; I just do not know what.)

Besides vanilla scents and citrus (mainly orange) scents, I am exploring rhubarb scents. I was sorry to find that Jo malone's White Lilac and Rhubarb from her London Blooms Collection was discontinued, because I think I would have loved it. I have sent for a sample vial of it from an eBay vendor. Supposedly it was a true, not artificial, lilac with discernible rhubarb mixed in. I have been crazy about the rhubarb scent since I smelled the Hermes Eau de Rhubarbe Ecarlate in Neiman Marcus, and lilac is one of my favorite flowers. I have a huge, vintage, white lilac bush on my property. I would also like to try the Sherbet Rhubarb Eau de Toilette by Comme des Garcons.

Deb :wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea which is pretty. Though about three hours in, the dreaded cat pee note :( I dont know what causes that but lots of guerlains have this note that just pops out on me and expresses itself as cat pee. (does with shalimar too but its not so bad now that I'm older...lol)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: There are very few perfumes that don't smell like cat pee on me @Arcadian

I generally just stick to two now, L'air du Temps, Nina Ricci, and Angel by Thierry Mugler.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there girls! Hope everyone has been having a fragrant spring.

Yesterday in honor of the Easter holiday and unseasonably super warm temps I wore for the first time this year Hermessence Vetiver Tonka. A light perfume perfect for spring and summer weather. And one of my favorites. Today I am wearing Smart by Andrea Maack.

I am a creature of habit and basically rotate b/w my favorite perfumes all year so I don't have much variety anymore to offer in this thread which is why I don't join in the conversation very often. That is not to say I don't occasionally buy samples just to see if there is anything mew that I love but generally I love what I love and I don't experiment very much anymore.

In winter and the colder weather I gravitate toward Tihota and Vaniglia del Madagascar and Ambre Narguile and in the warmer months I reach for Vetiver Tonka and Smart among a few others.

Today I am wearing Smart which IMO is perfect for a spring day and fortunately today will be cooler than yesterday when it was 89 F here! Leather, sandalwood, musk and jasmine all combined perfectly. Sophistication at the beach is what it smells like to me.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came over to comment that I'm wearing my springy Vetiver Tonka thanks to a generous Easter bunny ... how nice that there are more fans!
I got their generous spray sample of muguet porcelaine which I had high hopes for, but it was a total scrubber on me, unfortunately. I love real Lily of the valley, but this has a (to me) plasticky melon top note....

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing Smart which IMO is perfect for a spring day and fortunately today will be cooler than yesterday when it was 89 F here! Leather, sandalwood, musk and jasmine all combined perfectly. Sophistication at the beach is what it smells like to me.

Who makes this? It sounds like something I'd like.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came over to comment that I'm wearing my springy Vetiver Tonka thanks to a generous Easter bunny ... how nice that there are more fans!
I got their generous spray sample of muguet porcelaine which I had high hopes for, but it was a total scrubber on me, unfortunately. I love real Lily of the valley, but this has a (to me) plasticky melon top note....

Too bad about the lily of the valley--it is also a fav scent for me. I'd love a good recommendation.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: There are very few perfumes that don't smell like cat pee on me @Arcadian

I generally just stick to two now, L'air du Temps, Nina Ricci, and Angel by Thierry Mugler.

I'm a sucker because I'm a perfume junkie....lol And I LOVE most guerlains especially in the bottle...but alas, we have a love/hate relationship. I keep trying though !

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Lalique Azalee. I'm really really loving this. People say its like gucci rush, which um... no. LOL

Peach is really weird on me sometimes, but the peach here is so nice. Not a totally super fresh peach but a fuzzy, syrupy one. Freesia adds a spiced component, and patchouli helps it stay grounded. I don't get a lot of musk (thankfully) Longevity is excellent. Plus this one is cheap. I got a sample of this from my trade partner and boy she had me pegged! had to have a bottle (and from fragrancenet it was cheap!!)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad about the lily of the valley--it is also a fav scent for me. I'd love a good recommendation.
I quite like VCA (good PSer that I am ;-) )Muguet blanc: slightly powdery lotv perfume and of course vintage (mine is from ca 10 years ago)Diorissimo, which seems to be the benchmark for most perfumistas.
But when I am craving a realistic rendition of fresh lotv (citrusy and radiant with slightly green, fresh undertones), the closest I have found is Annick Goutal "Le chevrefeuille" . I find it very much like fresh lotv, not very reminiscent of honeysuckle as the name suggests. Strangely enough they also have a Muguet in the soliflores line, which I find more perfume-y, powdery.
I get a huge bouquet of Muguet from my hubby and kids every May 1st, they are my favourite flowers... And I just bought a lot of bulbs for my new garden :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
comforting without being cloying! Perfect..
LOVE ambre narguilé for colder temps as well.

YES! We seem to enjoy some of the same perfumes. :))
Ambre Narguile is like a big warm comforting hug in winter. LOVE.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Frollino Lavanda from Kyse Perfumes, which even though I'm not a gourmand lover per se, I've always been pretty interested in their creations.

This is interesting! Notes are lavender, sugar, butter, caramel, beeswax, vanilla, blackberry....think of it as a lavender cookie of sorts. Not too sweet, but really delicious. So far longevity has been good but it also hasn't been more than 3 hours.

I also tried Crema di Lime e Cognac...nice! (it needs a real proper wearing however)
http://kyseperfumes.bigcartel.com/
Extremely affordable and they do have sample sets :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore Coco Chanel Mademoiselle today. Its one of my happy feel good scents. :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo I went perfume free because I've been waiting on a delivery...:razz: It should have been here by now though but would figure the day I'm actually waiting for something important they would take all darn day...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/sear...archString&N_Dim=0&Ntk=Entire+Site&Ntt=HERMES
Today I am wearing Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate Eau de Cologne. It smells like fresh rhubarb when it first goes on. I love it. A couple of days ago I tried the discontinued (and impossible to find) Jo Malone White Lilac and Rhubarb Cologne. I also loved that, but smelled no rhubarb in it, only lilacs. However, the lilacs were heavenly.

Deb/AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course right after I wrote that, guess what I got? :lol: Today I'm wearing Boadicea the Victorious Intense. This is honey and lots of it! Not super indolic or fecal thankfully!

Technically classified as a fruity floral, I can see why they would. Its got the fruit, but its also got lily. Lys in a perfume for me is sometimes hard to take. Love it in real life but in perfume it can either fall a little flat or smell like a funeral home. With the fruit, honey and woods pairing (I also believe there's jasmine in here, have to check notes again) its well done and natural smelling. Its not lily centric though (I was more hoping for that) really smells good. Goes on a bit strong though.

And the bottle is really gorgeous. Love these bottles

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Zum Mist in frankincense and myrrh. O I do love this stuff. I wear this when I know I'll be sweating my head off. (and I was) but still want to smell good (which I do!) Of course I put it on again after the shower.... it smells so good:kiss:. Its only a body mist but does have real essential oils and is organic(and relatively cheaply found at target!)

I love that you can't really overspray it :shifty::razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results