shape
carat
color
clarity

Found out what she likes, take your final vote

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
If you kept up with my other topic I was searching for the best cutter, well honestly I realized there isn''t one specific BEST cutter, they all have there advantages and disadvantages...

Turns out she wants a pink stone not an amethyst.

She said my best bet was to ask you guys again haha, so here I am..

So Pink tourmaline was the only stone in my price range that fit the budget I have...

Here are the final stones that will be in the competition

Gary''s 6.8x6.8 pink to peach color changing round tourmaline (looks great) I would like to see pictures of them to see what they look like he told me there were some to look at here. (I couldn''t figure out how to post the pictures he gave me on here but they looked great and she liked them).

vs

Richard''s 7.1X7.1 pink tourmaline (heated) originally $800
http://www.webgraphicsengineering.com/Gemstones/detail.cfm?zNum=4588

I am leaving room for Gene as well, he has been really helpful

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Excuse me not Gary, but Barry... somehow I always them mixed up

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Richard if the pink tourmaline is also irradiated. Sometimes they''re both heated, and then irradiated. I wouldn''t want to pay all that $$$ for an irradiated stone.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ryon, did you ask her how she likes the look of a concave cut?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$320 for a pink tourmaline cut by Richard Homer? That''s a steal. Have you asked her if she likes concave cutting though?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn''t able to find the Barry B stone you were referring to. That Richard Homer tourmaline looks like a real beauty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 10:14:56 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Ryon, did you ask her how she likes the look of a concave cut?
Yeah. Big question to ask right here.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''d also want to make sure she actually saw a concave cut IRL, not just in a photo. The way they handle light is very different from traditional, flat facet cuts. I''d also suggest you check (in case you haven''t) pink spinels; they''re more durable than tourmalines and don''t cost much more. Here are a few that I think are nice, and all are untreated:

#3 - my favorite; a bright color and a very good cutting for a native cut

Off course, neither has a designer cutting, but they''re nice in their own right.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I thought 800$ was your budget so I suggested some more expensive stones - sorry! But you can still find nice pink spinels in 1-2 ct sizes for around 300$.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Well I love that Richard Homer concave stone. It is awesome. But she may prefer the standard cutting of the other stone. And if the pink one is irradiated, that may not be something to consider as well. I think I would get that stone! BUT, I sure would like to see the Barry stone as well.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like RH''s tourmaline, but I also like Barry''s stones. Maybe show her both andlet her decide?
12.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:08:15 AM
Author: ma re
I''d also want to make sure she actually saw a concave cut IRL, not just in a photo. The way they handle light is very different from traditional, flat facet cuts. I''d also suggest you check (in case you haven''t) pink spinels; they''re more durable than tourmalines and don''t cost much more. Here are a few that I think are nice, and all are untreated:

#3 - my favorite; a bright color and a very good cutting for a native cut

Off course, neither has a designer cutting, but they''re nice in their own right.
Mr. ma re, I would love to see the stones you posted but when I click on your links, it says "invalid server".

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 12:55:10 PM
Author: Cind11
Mr. ma re, I would love to see the stones you posted but when I click on your links, it says ''invalid server''.
Happens the same when I click - suppose there''s a problem with their server or something (I added links like many times before and they should work fine). Anyway, they''re all from multicolour.com, so anyone interested can browse their website.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 12:55:10 PM
Author: Cind11
Date: 5/27/2009 4:08:15 AM
Mr. ma re, I would love to see the stones you posted but when I click on your links, it says ''invalid server''.

It looks like multicolor.com is down, so we can''t check those spinels out.
7.gif

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
I got to see the spinels earlier, but didn''t have time to post, they looked nice, but yeah way outta my price range..As for everyone asking the question if she likes concave, I showed her pictures and she loves it (actual real life pictures of the stones). She loved most of the cuts I showed her and the real preference is just finding pink and not getting a dark stone, she hated anything really dark.

The two stones listed were her favorites, but she is worried about the look of the peach color..
Richard is doing a diamond show in Vegas so it might be a while before he gets back to me

Trying to figure out how to post these pictures still

MVC-159S.JPG

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Well that worked heres the peach aspect of the stone

MVC-160S[1].JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Love Barry''s stone :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
That Barry stone is a winner. If she doesn't like it when she gets it in, he has a return policy. Otherwise, that is an awesome stone. What's the size of it?

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 1:23:44 PM
Author: stepcutnut
It is really nice, and everyone who buys from him on here seems to buy again and again and again and again. So obviously he is pretty good.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 1:28:23 PM
Author: Ryon
Date: 5/27/2009 1:23:44 PM

Author: stepcutnut

It is really nice, and everyone who buys from him on here seems to buy again and again and again and again. So obviously he is pretty good.
Yes, I have many stones from Barry and have been really happy with each of them!

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 1:28:08 PM
Author: cinnamon013
That Barry stone is a winner. If she doesn''t like it when she gets it in, he has a return policy. Otherwise, that is an awesome stone. What''s the size of it?
Thanks that is a good thing to think about, it is a 6.8x6.8
Her ring size=4
So im guessing it would look really great, not overwelming, and not small

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
also 1.23 ct if that is what you mean''t

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a very nice size for her finger. I too can vouch for Barry. I have 5 stones from him counting 2 on the way.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer the Barry stone, not to mention it is a more classic cut - the concave, while gorgeous, does not sparkle the same way.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Barry is amazing! I have two of his stones and plan on getting more eventually.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Well I guess this isn''t even a competition at all haha, Im still asking Barry for more info on the stone and if he has anymore close to it..

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the Barry Fan Club....I have lots of his beautiful stones, too!

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I must be the only one who likes the pink tourmaline. I think the colour is very saturated, the tone just right and the hue quite pure, not to mention a great value when you consider the expertise and fame of the cutter.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:28:33 PM
Author: Chrono
I guess I must be the only one who likes the pink tourmaline. I think the colour is very saturated, the tone just right and the hue quite pure, not to mention a great value when you consider the expertise and fame of the cutter.
Oh no Chrono - I would take that RH stone for sure! It would look lovely in a ring! It is a very romantic looking stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results