shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who worked with Ritani…

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, after all that they ended up sending me the wrong Diamond. This is Diamond number two and I wanted Diamond number three so again this is all going back and I’m still waiting for Diamond number three.

Oh no! Hopefully they'll get the right diamond to you soon enough.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Boo

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other one is on the way back. I was so excited and it was gorgeous! If anyone is looking for a large diamond I would recommend that one for the price!

metr0

Rough_Rock
@AprilBaby Thanks for documenting your journey for us! I've been lurking PS for a bit and recently ordered a pendant from Ritani for my fiance.

I was wondering if you had images of the actual certificate(s) they sent you. I'm, asking because I received the package from Ritani today and had some concerns.

The certificate that came with the diamond looked excessively handled.
  • The trifold doesn't lay flat, but is instead curved.
  • Creases all over from being touched.
  • The plastic sleeve it came in was obviously used, with remnants of a sticker being peeled off.
  • The inside of the plastic sleeve had ink imprints within.
  • Worst of all, the diamond was set in the wrong setting.
In short, I thought I was getting something "new", but the overall experience felt very open-box. I have a set of diamond earrings I'm waiting on from them as well and my experience so far doesn't leave me feeling too good. I can't talk to anyone at Ritani as the package was delivered by Fedex after they already closed.

I've included pictures and a video below:
As of this post, I've only been in possession of the pendant for 3 whole hours

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@AprilBaby Thanks for documenting your journey for us! I've been lurking PS for a bit and recently ordered a pendant from Ritani for my fiance.

I was wondering if you had images of the actual certificate(s) they sent you. I'm, asking because I received the package from Ritani today and had some concerns.

The certificate that came with the diamond looked excessively handled.
  • The trifold doesn't lay flat, but is instead curved.
  • Creases all over from being touched.
  • The plastic sleeve it came in was obviously used, with remnants of a sticker being peeled off.
  • The inside of the plastic sleeve had ink imprints within.
  • Worst of all, the diamond was set in the wrong setting.
In short, I thought I was getting something "new", but the overall experience felt very open-box. I have a set of diamond earrings I'm waiting on from them as well and my experience so far doesn't leave me feeling too good. I can't talk to anyone at Ritani as the package was delivered by Fedex after they already closed.

I've included pictures and a video below:
As of this post, I've only been in possession of the pendant for 3 whole hours

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Hi and welcome to PriceScope, metr0!
What is the date on your grading report?

metr0

Rough_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, metr0!
What is the date on your grading report?

Hi @DejaWiz!

March 14, 2022. It also came detached from the main certificate, is it supposed to be detached?

wSszQ6e.jpeg

Thanks for what you do for everyone as well. I've learned a ton from your posts/interactions.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
The certificate is supposed to have two parts like that. That’s not a problem. It just looks like they reused an old sleeve for it and someone accidentally smashed it. When you contact them about the wrong setting just tell them about the used looking sleeve. I’m sure when they can get you a new one. FRank Darling told me that IGI and others will be going toward all digital certificates soon anyways.

My main issue would be the incorrect setting! That’s a big error. I’ll be honest and say the one time I had them set a diamond for me the setting work was less than impressive. Crooked stone and cheap look setting for the price. I will no longer buy settings from them but they do often have amazing prices for beautiful diamonds.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The settings are horrible but the diamonds were all gorgeous. Hopefully mine is on its way because it’s marked as delivered. Sorry, I didn’t take photos of the papers. I just wrapped it all back up and sent it back.

metr0

Rough_Rock
The certificate is supposed to have two parts like that. That’s not a problem. It just looks like they reused an old sleeve for it and someone accidentally smashed it. When you contact them about the wrong setting just tell them about the used looking sleeve. I’m sure when they can get you a new one. FRank Darling told me that IGI and others will be going toward all digital certificates soon anyways.

My main issue would be the incorrect setting! That’s a big error. I’ll be honest and say the one time I had them set a diamond for me the setting work was less than impressive. Crooked stone and cheap look setting for the price. I will no longer buy settings from them but they do often have amazing prices for beautiful diamonds.

Same. Diamond will be on the way back this afternoon. Will def be getting diamonds from them in the future, but I will pass on the settings.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
The other one is on the way back. I was so excited and it was gorgeous! If anyone is looking for a large diamond I would recommend that one for the price!

Which one was diamond #2? I saw the first 2.82, then the final, (third?) 2.90

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.84 sparkle bomb that should be back there today. Is $2600.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Well, after all that they ended up sending me the wrong Diamond. This is Diamond number two and I wanted Diamond number three so again this is all going back and I’m still waiting for Diamond number three.

Oh no - I liked this one in the picture!

I ordered mine today, it's actually a little higher priced than most on there for what it is but I have a specific plan for it :devil:

The prices are literally ALL over the place. They told me this one i ordered is in India, so i definitely want it checked when i get it to make sure it's not a moissanite pretending to be a diamond... LOL

Ritani I trust... some outside vendor selling to Ritani - no, dont trust.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Oh no - I liked this one in the picture!

I ordered mine today, it's actually a little higher priced than most on there for what it is but I have a specific plan for it :devil:

The prices are literally ALL over the place. They told me this one i ordered is in India, so i definitely want it checked when i get it to make sure it's not a moissanite pretending to be a diamond... LOL

Ritani I trust... some outside vendor selling to Ritani - no, dont trust.

Ritani checks the stone before they send it to you. I wouldn't worry about it being moissanite (if you know moissanite, you can tell).

I have a cheap loupe I got on Amazon, and I check my diamond with its certificate number too for peace of mind.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Ritani checks the stone before they send it to you. I wouldn't worry about it being moissanite (if you know moissanite, you can tell).

I have a cheap loupe I got on Amazon, and I check my diamond with its certificate number too for peace of mind.

Oh good - thank you.

Their prices just seem too good to be true, and another poster mentioned something funky with a ritani lab. I can *usually* tell a moissy with naked eye but even though it a "only" lab, it's still almost $3,000 so i'd rather be safe than sorry! LOL

I do have a loupe so i can try, not sure if I can match it, it's supposedly VVS2.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Oh good - thank you.

Their prices just seem too good to be true, and another poster mentioned something funky with a ritani lab. I can *usually* tell a moissy with naked eye but even though it a "only" lab, it's still almost $3,000 so i'd rather be safe than sorry! LOL

I do have a loupe so i can try, not sure if I can match it, it's supposedly VVS2.

With the loupe, you can look at the number etched into the girdle of the stone. It should be the same as the certificate number.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good - thank you.

The other post was referring to how lab diamonds can and do often test as moissanite on a cheap diamond tester. That’s a fact but any decent jeweler will not use a cheap diamond tester to determine if a stone is a diamond or moissanite as it’s sole means of analysis.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

This is the first thing I did when I went to the Ritani partner store that I had my diamond delivered to...asked if they would microscope it and verify the inscription. They were happy to oblige!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to the jeweler and having the inscription read is how I found out I had the wrong diamond. Still waiting, yesterday and today were more Jewish holidays.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am annoyed with ritani right now. They are so slow to respond to requests for additional pics, and when I sent screenshots of the stones I wanted pics of (including SKU and GIA number) I got an email back asking me for the SKU numbers. Grrrr

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am annoyed with ritani right now. They are so slow to respond to requests for additional pics, and when I sent screenshots of the stones I wanted pics of (including SKU and GIA number) I got an email back asking me for the SKU numbers. Grrrr

They have had almost 6 weeks of holidays so they are behind. Bailey has been great with me. My real diamond is coming tomorrow morning.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E6771AA1-6C8D-4F0A-B3B5-E00B3029CD2D.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really lovely on you!! What a beautiful stack!! Do you love the diamond?

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I promised hubs no more upgrades! I’m trying to figure how to attach video!
585EAD35-C4CE-49AE-9B25-6F30C816D20F.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1D79EC7E-2D39-4861-AFE2-E8CD67086D3B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results