shape
carat
color
clarity

For the ladies: Have you ever asked a guy out?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elrohwen said:
Yes, but it hasn't really been successful. If the guy has already made a move and the interest is clearly there, then sure, asking him out isn't a big deal and has always been successful. However, in my experience, if he hasn't made a move, nothing is accomplished by me making the first move and I've been rejected every time. I have a lot of guy friends who claim that they want girls to ask them out - I tell them that they're all liars :tongue:

My answer is similar to this. Honestly, when I was single I felt like if the guy were interested in me, he would ask me out. Until then, I could wait around or try to meet other guys. :D

But obviously it has worked out well for lots of PS posters!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:
Elrohwen said:
Yes, but it hasn't really been successful. If the guy has already made a move and the interest is clearly there, then sure, asking him out isn't a big deal and has always been successful. However, in my experience, if he hasn't made a move, nothing is accomplished by me making the first move and I've been rejected every time. I have a lot of guy friends who claim that they want girls to ask them out - I tell them that they're all liars :tongue:

My answer is similar to this. Honestly, when I was single I felt like if the guy were interested in me, he would ask me out. Until then, I could wait around or try to meet other guys. :D

But obviously it has worked out well for lots of PS posters!

Same! I refuse to ask guys out now. I want to feel pursued, and me making the first move doesn't exactly fall into that category. But dang, BEG, good for you for going for it!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I asked many guys out. I got rejected a lot, but...whatever...moved on! A lot of them were guy friends, and...they wanted to stay that way. A few of them were shorter than me! :) I even pursued my FI really. He flirted with me, even though he denies it (we were working together as camp counselors and he was techincally my boss), and I took that and ran with it, because...I liked him! :) And...it was the best decision ever, because we're the loves of each other's lives!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh. So what time is it now? What is your plan of action?

Go B.E.G! Whoot! Whoot!

DF: If you weren't lucky enough to have your darling wife you would be queuing up to be asked out by a hot clever beautifully be-fringed lady; you are just jealous of Dr. Sexy Vet. :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG...just to let you know if you strike out with this guy i'm available... :praise:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire said:
BEG...just to let you know if you strike out with this guy i'm available... :praise:

I knew it! But you know, a toe-ring aint gonna seal the deal, *unless you can stick a 3ct rock on it.....

(Edit*)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steal said:
Dancing Fire said:

I knew it! But you know, a toe-ring aint gonna seal the deal, *unless you can stick a 3ct rock on it.....

(Edit*)
don't think it would look good on my toe... :(sad

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire said:
Steal said:
Dancing Fire said:

(Edit*)
don't think it would look good on my toe... :(sad

:bigsmile: :)) :bigsmile:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aha! So I've been reading responses on my phone because I get e-mail alerts, and the e-mails DON'T show the screen name as it appears here (like B.E.G. for me) - it shows the screen name you signed up with. So this entire time, I'm like - who the heck is Vtigger86??? And then I come on here and realize it's DF, and suddenly, things make SO MUCH MORE SENSE. :razz:

Anyway, I'm back from the vet....

So I realized that there was one contingency I hadn't planned for, which is that at this clinic, versus my old one in Chicago, they prefer to take the animals to the back to do procedures like microchipping. So of course I had about all of 2 minutes with Cute Vet (CV from here on out) and I was supposed to meet them out front when the cats were done. Yep, not conducive to striking up a conversation, huh?

So I manufactured an excuse (well really, it was a legitimate question) to get back into the room, and we subsequently started chatting. He is really cute (that's been reconfirmed) and very very nice. We chatted about this and that, and about the lack of younger people in this particular town (it's really awful here) and I asked him to coffee sometime, and he said yes, no hesitation, all well and good. BUT I asked how I should get a hold of him and he said to call the clinic - that's the best way to reach him - no cell # or anything. So.... not sure.

Should I call? Should I not? I don't know. It wasn't awkward or anything and we were actually having a really great talk but I'm really really bad at this stuff (like following up when the ball's in my court) and I tend to second guess myself. So need more help from you amazing ladies (and DF)!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, definitely. Here's how to put the ball in his court: call the office when he isn't there :naughty: and tell them your name, and ask if he is available to speak to. They will say no, and if they can take a message. Just leave your message and phone number.

And if he is there, and you make a date for coffee, and he doesn't ask you for your number after you go out, oh well. It was just coffee.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G. said:
Should I call? Should I not? I don't know. It wasn't awkward or anything and we were actually having a really great talk but I'm really really bad at this stuff (like following up when the ball's in my court) and I tend to second guess myself. So need more help from you amazing ladies (and DF)!
when asking him out on a date be sure you are wearing a low cut dress... :naughty:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN said:
Sure, definitely. Here's how to put the ball in his court: call the office when he isn't there :naughty: and tell them your name, and ask if he is available to speak to. They will say no, and if they can take a message. Just leave your message and phone number.

And if he is there, and you make a date for coffee, and he doesn't ask you for your number after you go out, oh well. It was just coffee.

Yup. The exact advice I would have given. He asked you to call, so call. Don't give it a second thought.

I know you're probably feeling a bit tentative because he gave you his office number effectively, rather than his cell phone. BUT, the main thing to remember for people like him (in a professional, but client-centered field) -> they learn quickly not to give out their private number to clients (even if there is friendship or other potential there).

You had a good chat but he never knows if you are a psycho client (even though I'm sure you're not). But consider this, and if he's been practicing long enough and is nice enough, I'm sure he's encountered this - fielding phone calls from patients during dinner or in the middle of the night because their little one has thrown up or is meowing too much, and getting multiple calls from the same client on the same night. (I know this is his job but Yuck is right.) You learn VERY quickly not to give out your private number because some clients will take advantage of that and be Very invasive.

Oh, and congratulations on a successful ask-out! and I love how you managed to sneak in the back.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G.:

Best of luck with this - I don't normally disagree with DF - but you do not need a low cut dress in my opinion. Just dress nice (or cute) as you prefer.

For the record: I've been asked out by two women in my life - and those developed into the the most meaningful relationships I had (but no marriage).

So go for it....

As for me.... I'm not promising anyone a 3 ct diamond toe-ring (at least not of the quality of diamond I would be willing to buy); but I do think I could treat them to a visit to the vaults of Palagems where they could pick out their favorite colored gemstones and build a custom piece or neckless (working through Wink). Of course, other things may appear from time to time - depending on where our mutual goals are.

If you don't know about Palagems.... http://www.palagems.com/home.htm

And its an old thread - but here is a link to my first visit:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tour-of-pala-internationals-mineral-collections-and-gemstone-vaults.65788/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tour-of-pala-internationals-mineral-collections-and-gemstone-vaults.65788/[/URL]

Have a great day,

Perry

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
JulieN said:

My only concern is if there is an assistant in love with him, she may never give him your name and number. I will rather call when he is there just to be sure ;))

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaayyy!!

Congrats B.E.G. Definitely counts as a success, and good job finagling your way into the back. I wouldn't read anything at all into why he didn't give you a cell number (I think iota15 analyzed that one perfectly) and go for it.

Good luck!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way to go BEG! I'm impressed with your finagling your way into the back! :appl: I agree with iota that the clinic # is no big deal. If he agreed immediately to coffee, I wouldn't worry. At the very least he thinks you're cool enough to be friends with.

I'm late to this thread and you already made your move, but I always liked guys to pursue me, so I don't think I ever asked anyone out. I'm sure I flirted to show interest, but that's about it. (And it's been so long I can't remember for sure! :-o )

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
JulieN - Well, he probably already has my phone number (or could if he tried) since my cell number and address are in the vet files for the cats. I was thinking of calling on Friday maybe - the clinic is closed on Sunday and maybe ask him to do something for Sunday?

DF - Thanks, but I think I decline to take sartorial advice from you ;-) Plus, I'm a casual clothes kind of girl and I should just be myself right? :razz:

Iota - That's a really good point and thank you for making it! It totally makes sense and you made me feel so much better about that phone # thing :)

Perry - Thanks!

Gaby - Also a good point! Hmm...tricky, tricky!

Liane - Aww thanks! Talk about some quick thinking there - I was like, "Oh crap!"

Thing - I prefer to be pursued too, but you know, nothing gained with no risk right? And whatever happens, it is good to find more people around my age to talk with (the people around my age who stay in this town aren't exactly the type I hang out with).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JulieN said:

Perfect :devil: :bigsmile:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
BEG, with your natural beauty and great new hair cut, I had no doubt CV would agree without hesitation! :appl:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I have no advice to add, but WOOHOO B.E.G! Get it, lady!

I'm anticipating a lovely coffee date in your future & do hope you'll share the details! :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie - I'm relying on you and the others to make me call him at the end of the week, and NOT let me chicken out!

Davi - Aww thank you! You are so sweet - that made my day :)

Pilsn - Thanks! Hopefully I will have good news to report in a few days! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha you've got lots of backing in this thread :appl:

if you wind up getting food after coffee, by chance, don't get french onion soup. My few words of wisdom. :halo:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
haha you've got lots of backing in this thread :appl:

if you wind up getting food after coffee, by chance, don't get french onion soup. My few words of wisdom. :halo:

Ok, there's a story there, isn't there? :razz: Spill!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G. said:

First date (with my former TA actually) who I'd been mooning over the entire semester - older, smart, *gorgeous*, and there I was in a nice restaurant using my spoon like a rolling pin trying to manoeuvre never-ending cheese-ropes. And the main course came out late, of course, and I'd claimed to be starving and that a well done french onion soup was one of my favourite things, so I couldn't just push it aside...

I later found out that he was trying not to laugh out loud for most of it. Though we stayed together for a year, so maybe the amusement factor works in one's favour?

:sick: :wacko:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
B.E.G. said:

First date (with my former TA actually) who I'd been mooning over the entire semester - older, smart, *gorgeous*, and there I was in a nice restaurant using my spoon like a rolling pin trying to manoeuvre never-ending cheese-ropes. And the main course came out late, of course, and I'd claimed to be starving and that a well done french onion soup was one of my favourite things, so I couldn't just push it aside...

I later found out that he was trying not to laugh out loud for most of it. Though we stayed together for a year, so maybe the amusement factor works in one's favour?

:sick: :wacko:

Aww cute! Obviously it wasn't a turn-off :) Oh I remember this one TA I had back in college - gorgeous, in the Philosophy department, older - sigh. I think he had a girlfriend back then though - but he was really hot!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are TAs and young professors so often so attractive? DH's dream is to get a tenured post. I might just have to take one of his classes :devil:

Good luck with CV!! :bigsmile:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
Why are TAs and young professors so often so attractive? DH's dream is to get a tenured post. I might just have to take one of his classes :devil:

Good luck with CV!! :bigsmile:

Agreed! Hot Australian professor in the Philosophy department.... :love: What field is your DH in?

And thanks! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
he's in mechanical engineering, hopefully done w/ school in a few months..!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Way to go BEG!

So... are you giddy like a school girl yet? :lol:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving this thread. ;)) Sounds as if you're on your way. Dating, at the beginning anyway, always freaked me out, so my hat's off to you for bravery and cleverness.

Keep us posted!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results