shape
carat
color
clarity

For the ladies: Have you ever asked a guy out?

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Squeeeeeee!
DH and I are opposites on those views as well (I'm on your side) but we've managed. He's become more open minded, and I've well...not moved much on my ;)) grounds.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sqeee! :appl:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it then, that the kiss quite satisfactory and was NOT like a German Shepherd eating watermelon...? ;))

Oh, and on political beliefs, they CAN change. My guy was so incredibly to the right when we were young, that even I have been shocked at how much those stances have changed over the years. He's quite "eclectic" in his social views anymore, and his other stances are based on extensive historical/economic reading that he'd not yet done at that point. And we're both of us MUCH more about what WORKS than ideology anymore. So politics? Yeah. Negotiable.

I'm tickled plum-to-pieces for you B.E.G!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
UGH!

You got cooties......

Again BEG, gotta say you are doing so well.
But 2 nag's if I may.... don't allow the conversations to get too deep into your core values (just yet) make sure you keep it light and don't jibe him about your making the 1st move. He may feel un-manly about it already!
If he isn't making the next move in a timely fashion then make sure that you 'position' yourself so that he would have to avoid you rather than make the next move. Like the lean in to remove lint on his jacket or tucking a curl of hair behind his ear old chestnuts - you initiate contact but he makes the move....

Or get butt nekkid and stand there, that is guaranteed to get his attention :naughty:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Haha the kiss, and subsequent kisses, were quite good. I approve :)

Steal, very true - we have a pretty good handle on each other's personalities by now I think - I knew he could take the dig :razz: I also have a feeling he likes being chased - so good thing you guys all made me do the chasing and encouraged me too! I know he likes me - he said as much - I just wanted to establish that there's potentially far more than JUST friendship :razz: I think it's worked out well. I blame tiredness btw - I think I was delirious from exhaustion and there went all the inhibitions and second-guessing - ha!

Ksinger - snort at the mental image of german shepherd eating watermelon :lol: And good to hear about your husband seeing the light :D Sadly, I'm not nearly as political as I used to be when I was younger, so different politics doesn't bother me too much - I mean, I went to high school in Montana. Most of my good friends tended to be on the conservative side (though I am proud that even my religious, conservative friend is now pro-choice. Found that out yesterday - I was happy - I think it helps that she married a pretty liberal guy - I knew I approved of him!).

Steal - we didn't get into a super serious discussion. We touched on the topic but it was fairly clear where we both stood - we had a pretty good discussion about it though. I like talking politics with people on the other side, and he apparently feels the same :razz:

Indy - hey girl! :wavey: What are you up to?

Charbie - Good to hear! And stand your ground! :D

Iota - Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Shoot, I feel like there was something I wanted to add...

Oh yeah! So I'm actually a little happy that there is a political difference, because he and my ex are very similar in a lot of respects (both the same age, both southern boys, don't even get me started on how seriously both take SEC football, both kind of sarcastic and outgoing). Of course, there are big differences as well - like CV being far more established, far more outdoorsy, and the politics thing. So it's kind of good I think to find differences too :)

ETA: I REALLY like emoties.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G.|1290935777|2780820 said:
I don't know why I'm still awake! I am SO tired. I'm thinking adrenaline still.

Um so after the dinner of two weeks ago, he was out of town, and sometime last week we got back in touch. Talked on the phone briefly, mostly texted. Over the last week he'd text me every once in a while - last night I was just heading back in from Black Friday shopping, he texted, I called back since I was trying to do something else at the same time, and that turned into first a 20 minute convo before he headed into surgery, and then a 2+ hour convo when he got out. Yeah. We talked for a looooong time. About a lot of random stuff. I really like his personality (ha - it's similar to my own). We click really well, despite different interests, etc. Anyway, ended with maybe getting dinner tonight. That actually happened - yay. Went to dinner. Had a great time. Restaurant closed. We ended up chatting for a couple more hours after that, lots of flirting, and well, we were both super tired but towards the end, when he was about to leave, I seriously thought - oh why the hell not. I kissed him - he kissed back. He didn't leave QUITE so soon (
Code:
[code]but it's all innocent still for those of you out there with dirty minds
[/code]). Things are good ;-) I did call him out on making me make the first move though :razz: We'll see what his next move is after this (although he is supposed to come snowboarding with me and my best friend and her husband next weekend). Anyway, I am super happy with the result and quite proud of myself :razz:

ETA: Btw, he and I have super different political beliefs on the two issues that I really care about (abortion + gay rights - without going into politics,
Code:
I vote Democrat solely b/c of those issues
- almost everything else I'm on the conservative side). Good thing I don't really care (I'm of the "believe what you want, but don't preach to me" school of politics, and he does not preach about that so good). Everything else we are fairly similar (politics-wise) but those two issues are huge ones for me. Ah well, no one's perfect...
that's what they all say... :lol:

i'm sure you will change party ... :bigsmile:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Can't believe I was away for 4 days during the Thanksgiving holidays, and all this progress!

I'm very excited for you B.E.G. You must be thrilled that you got pushed into making the first move by us nosey PSer's no?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm so glad things are off to a great start, best of luck!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1291059059|2781933 said:
B.E.G.|1290935777|2780820 said:
I don't know why I'm still awake! I am SO tired. I'm thinking adrenaline still.

Um so after the dinner of two weeks ago, he was out of town, and sometime last week we got back in touch. Talked on the phone briefly, mostly texted. Over the last week he'd text me every once in a while - last night I was just heading back in from Black Friday shopping, he texted, I called back since I was trying to do something else at the same time, and that turned into first a 20 minute convo before he headed into surgery, and then a 2+ hour convo when he got out. Yeah. We talked for a looooong time. About a lot of random stuff. I really like his personality (ha - it's similar to my own). We click really well, despite different interests, etc. Anyway, ended with maybe getting dinner tonight. That actually happened - yay. Went to dinner. Had a great time. Restaurant closed. We ended up chatting for a couple more hours after that, lots of flirting, and well, we were both super tired but towards the end, when he was about to leave, I seriously thought - oh why the hell not. I kissed him - he kissed back. He didn't leave QUITE so soon (
Code:
[code]but it's all innocent still for those of you out there with dirty minds
[/code]). Things are good ;-) I did call him out on making me make the first move though :razz: We'll see what his next move is after this (although he is supposed to come snowboarding with me and my best friend and her husband next weekend). Anyway, I am super happy with the result and quite proud of myself :razz:

ETA: Btw, he and I have super different political beliefs on the two issues that I really care about (abortion + gay rights - without going into politics,
Code:
I vote Democrat solely b/c of those issues
- almost everything else I'm on the conservative side). Good thing I don't really care (I'm of the "believe what you want, but don't preach to me" school of politics, and he does not preach about that so good). Everything else we are fairly similar (politics-wise) but those two issues are huge ones for me. Ah well, no one's perfect...
that's what they all say... :lol:

i'm sure you will change party ... :bigsmile:

Not unless something drastic happens!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1291061008|2781965 said:
Wow! Can't believe I was away for 4 days during the Thanksgiving holidays, and all this progress!

I'm very excited for you B.E.G. You must be thrilled that you got pushed into making the first move by us nosey PSer's no?

Thanks Jaysonsmom! Haha I am! Would NOT have made the first move if you guys hadn't urged me on.

purselover said:
Yay! I'm so glad things are off to a great start, best of luck!

Thanks Purselover!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!

Gone for a few days and came back to THIS update... awesome BEG!! Takes guts to make that first move - and now that everyone's on the same page.. :bigsmile:

Hope you guys have tons of fun on your trip!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1291160568|2783455 said:
Whoa!

Gone for a few days and came back to THIS update... awesome BEG!! Takes guts to make that first move - and now that everyone's on the same page.. :bigsmile:

Hope you guys have tons of fun on your trip!!!

Thanks!! :) Trying to figure out if he's in for snowboarding this weekend. In anticipation of (snowboarding, not him coming) my BFF and I are stepping up our workouts - we did yoga and zumba today and I HURT. Tomorrow is kickboxing, followed by zumba - we are determined to kill ourselves by exhaustion apparently!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
BEG, I am so happy for you and thrilled to hear you controlling your own destiny. It makes me so sad and frustrated to hear women to scared or unwilling to take the kinds of risks that men do! I'm all about being pursued, but there is plenty of time and plenty of ways to demonstrate that beyond asking me out. Further, how awesome it is to choose someone with the qualities that YOU like? I'm a big advocate of women being proactive :bigsmile:

As I said, I asked out hubby! :naughty: I didn't kiss him first, but I did ask him why he hadn't kissed me yet, which prompted him to kiss me :cheeky:

ENJOY the newness! That is the absolute best part of dating!

****lucky dust and butterflies!***

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
trillionaire|1291226192|2784202 said:
BEG, I am so happy for you and thrilled to hear you controlling your own destiny. It makes me so sad and frustrated to hear women to scared or unwilling to take the kinds of risks that men do! I'm all about being pursued, but there is plenty of time and plenty of ways to demonstrate that beyond asking me out. Further, how awesome it is to choose someone with the qualities that YOU like? I'm a big advocate of women being proactive :bigsmile:

As I said, I asked out hubby! :naughty: I didn't kiss him first, but I did ask him why he hadn't kissed me yet, which prompted him to kiss me :cheeky:

ENJOY the newness! That is the absolute best part of dating!

****lucky dust and butterflies!***

Thanks Trill! That means a lot. I've always been a bit of a pansy when it comes to making the first move with guys (chatting them up with friends, fine, chatting them up as more than friends - I'm a wimp) so I'm happy with things have worked out so far. Well, except now I'm being neurotic (well ok, it's more like I've done a lot of pursuing, and I'm kind of thinking I'm making things too easy on this guy, and I'm really just not sure how into me he is and whether he would actually pursue ME if I stopped - gosh I'm tired and rambling) - I would appreciate more advice on the current situation :D Link

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results