shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally posting my ring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Tacori! I have PS to thank for sure - when we first started ring shopping, I''d seen exactly 3 EC rings in person and they were all from mall stores. Lurking around here gave me so many more ideas and more "real life" perspective than the pics in the wedding mags. I think PS is EC Mecca! There are so many beauties here.

PS was also the first place that I really saw a non-matching look. I was devastated when I hated the wedding ring that DH had purchased to go with my ring (I thought it was a sign or something, haha) but then I started looking here and absolutely loved all the "non-matched" w-sets (esp split shank sets) that people had posted. Ahhhh PS - this is the best google search I ever did! :)

sera

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set El... I love the sparkly w-band with it- adding a bit of sparkle without too much metal. I like the milgraine w-band with the sparkly one, too. Very nice :)

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2008 11:27:02 AM
Author: nani565
I know this is out of topic but I don''t know where to post. Do all diamonds come with grading reports? cause I bought a diamond, but it didn''t come with any information like none of the 4 c''s or anything and i was wondering if i got a good prize or not cause i have read some bad reviews about the place i bought it.
You might want to post this in Rocky Talky. (Basically, no, not all come with them, but I typically would not buy one without an AGS or GIA report.)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how do BOTH bands look with your ER? Perhaps the wide band under and the diamond band over??

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Such a elegant piece with the WB compliments it so well! CONGRATS!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh I love emerald cut diamonds. El, your set is so beautiful!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
elmorton - I have always adored your ring, since it first started showing up in all the EC threads (where mine always is..heehee).
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks everyone! I don''t know why I was always so hesitant to do a SMTR thread - all your comments are so sweet.

Motownmama, I''ve put them all together when I was just playing around, but it''s about 10mm when added together and I have short fingers so they go all he way to my knuckle. I know there are PSers who love super thick bands, but it feels super uncomfortable to me. I can try taking a pic though if you''d like. :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just updating - I realized I''d put the full stats in the under 1 ct thread when I posted it, so thought I''d add just so they''re here:

Shape: Emerald
Dimensions: Length 5.28mm, Width 4.21mm, Depth 2.95mm
Depth percentage 70.1%
Table percentage 69%
Pavillion depth percentage 55.1%
Crown angle (in degrees) 37.1 degrees
Girdle: Medium, polished
Clarity: VS1
Color: G
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Fluorescence: None
Enhancements: None
External inclusions: Very small mark
Actual Weight: 0.62 carat

Wedding band - 1.7mm wide with thirty-three round brilliant cut diamonds low prong set across the top.

Shape: Round brilliant cut
Quantity: 33, Mounted
Average Clarity: S12-S12
Average Color: H-I
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Enhancements: None
Actual Weight: 0.25 carat

And, here''s the pic of all of ''em stacked - kinda silly, but fun :) Beware - this pic is a testament to the fact that ECs should really be cleaned daily
7.gif

elmortstackedrings.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And...I should have done this the first time around - requisite flower shot
1.gif

elmortpinkring.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Well shoot. One more try:

elmortflower2.jpg

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe I almost missed your thread. I followed your linky to get here but really it was right under my nose! I can be really out of it sometimes!
3.gif

I really love your set. It's simple and elegant yet very unique and modern but still classic!!!! You guys did a great job picking it out and I also love your bands!!

eta... and I big puffy
emlove.gif
that last flower pic!!!! I hope you add that to the other thread. I'd even frame it and put it up in your home!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks 777! The thread was in hiding earlier - after you asked for the link on the other thread I added a couple more pics, so that''s why it was under your nose this morning.

Heehee, I big puffy heart that last photo, too. It was my av for ages, and my computer wallpaper, too. Thanks again for the compliments!!
1.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a refreshing way to set an emerald! That IS a fantastic stone and setting and I love the way your WB sits next to it. So pretty!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Pixley!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results