shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Finally! My Five-stone anniversary OEC ring

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Nice find...love OECs!!! . Can't wait to see the reworked prongs and then the reset in a few years time!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Dreamer!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary Dreamer! And what a pretty ring! Nice find.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great ring and find! Was this ring found locally to you?

cheers--Sharon

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DF, Greg, and Indy!

Sharon I bought it in the usual place, eBay. Not local!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh Dreamer this is a stunning find! I missed it earlier. It looks so gorgeous on your hand and I love the size of the stones. :appl: :appl:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Sublime! You've got gorgeous hands, woman!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1401506467|3683627 said:

You're my hero! It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who buys from "unconventional" sources. My friends all think I'm nuts for buying from ebay and pawn shops.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1400996243|3679579 said:
It's beautiful! I'm happy for you - back in the bling buying world again :D :appl:

It suits your hand perfectly...and I love your nails! :love:

+1 - Enerchi, you beat me to it on the nails!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Redwood, Elysian, and Minous! Again with the hand compliments, I blush :oops: And I do love that polish... its just some inexpensive Sally Hanson color.

manderz|1401591922|3684170 said:
Dreamer_D|1401506467|3683627 said:

You're my hero! It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who buys from "unconventional" sources. My friends all think I'm nuts for buying from ebay and pawn shops.

Manderz I have bought so many things on ebay and some bands at local pawn shops! Its a great place to get a good deal, and I love adopting the unloved diamonds of the world :devil: It is nuts if you don't know anything about diamonds or jewelery, but if you know a little something its not nuts at all!

manderz|1401235495|3681297 said:
Dreamer_D|1401172169|3680752 said:
I only own two rings!! :lol: So that's an easy choice. 1.89ct Early Ideal Cut solitaire and ~1.5cttw Old European Cut five stone band!

dreamer_5stone13_0.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

Hubby just saw this picture, reading over my shoulder. He typically rolls his eyes when he catches me reading on PS, but this time, he said "Wow, that yellow ring is kinda cool". That means it's really awesome, Dreamer! I think it's time for me to kick my consolidation into high gear and get a 5 stone. I've only been lusting after one for years! :lol:

And thank you for this compliment in another thread! That's cool your hubby liked it. When I bought this ring, based on the pics I assumed I would hate the setting. The gaps between the diamonds look large in pictures and I did not really like that look. But in person it is subtle and I really do like how each diamond is so round and distinct on my hand. I totally think you should get a five-stone! I think its a really versatile and enjoyable piece, and everyone should have one :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
UPDATE

My ring has been repaired and they did a really nice job. They fixed 8 pongs, including the one that was sheered off, and it looks "like new" -- meaning better than when I got it, and the repairs are undetectable and consistent with the style of the ring.

The appraisal was a suprise on a couple levels. He estimated color as E-F and clarity as VVS2-VS1 :o

Its hard to judge these things in a yellow gold mount, because my own experience is that yellow gold adds a couple color grades. But I do think they are very white and high quality stones! I just would not have thought they were that nice! I am pleased.

He only estimated the carat weight at 1.05cttw. I cant believe that estimate given that each diamond is 4.2mm. Even if they were MRBs with a 4.2mm spead, then each stone would weigh .30ct. Given that they are old cuts, which typically are heavier that MRBs given the same spread, then these stones must be more like .30ct too :confused: :read: They do not appear overly shallow to me. He was not there when I picked it up but I will see him soon to talk about it. I think it could be a typo abd he meant to write "1.50" not "1.05". There was an error on the appraisal for my solitaire too :rolleyes: Not really a serious, conscientious appraiser, but for me its ok because I know the market and the specs of diamonds so well, and he is willing to work with me to make sure the valuation is not inflated and reflects the value I could actually replace the ring for given my own sources (which is what my insurance allows me to do). But I pity newbies using him! :nono: His estimates of color and clarity have been very good in the past on items I later got lab reports or second/third opinions about.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, that doesn't sound that far off to me as far as weight goes. I have a small suite of 4mm OECs, and they are .20-.25cts each.

It's lovely Dreamer! Congratulations!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Wear it in good health!

How was the ebay seller, or is that a secret?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's a beauty! I can't wait to see pictures of it post repair!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer, your ring is stunning. Love the yellow gold, gorgeous :love:

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating @dreamer_dashie, this has been featured for Throwback Thursday. :kiss2: TBT 12.29.22

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results