shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got to see the 18 ct in person!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Great point-

13 ct is my preferred L/W ratio (1.5) and us the “whitest” (E color and definitely looks colorless to me). I also like how clearly I can see the vertical lines. (Now that I am aware that it is not the crowd favorite I am starting to see how it looks more dull on the video I posted… but there are other videos that look better)

17 ct I only really looked at seriously because that is the crowd favorite… which reminded me that I have strange taste often times. To me, I immediately noticed it looks more warm (even though it is F color). Also the “flashiness” of it made me worry that it would look fake.

18.34 ct I like because of how much effort I put in to find it/negotiate the best price. I also really like the distinctive windmills.

I too see the warmth immediately on the 17.

As for the size… I do not think it is overly flashy if you put it in certain kinds of settings. IMHO if you set it in a thick bezel with minimum/sleek side diamonds (if any) then it will look like a classic style ring. To me, “big emerald cut diamond” says “confident person with good taste.”

If you set it with a giant halo, then God bless you and I’m not gonna hate but it would be a different look. :)

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
I too see the warmth immediately on the 17.

As for the size… I do not think it is overly flashy if you put it in certain kinds of settings. IMHO if you set it in a thick bezel with minimum/sleek side diamonds (if any) then it will look like a classic style ring. To me, “big emerald cut diamond” says “confident person with good taste.”

If you set it with a giant halo, then God bless you and I’m not gonna hate but it would be a different look. :)

haha! It will absolutely be a simple setting - half bezel or compass. No side stones and little-to-no pave. #markedsafefromhalo LOL

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, a 10ct+ stone in any cut is going to look flashy, expect perhaps when one is in the entertainment industry or mix in that type of social circles.

DK :))

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
IMHO, a 10ct+ stone in any cut is going to look flashy, expect perhaps when one is in the entertainment industry or mix in that type of social circles.

Lol So I meant literally “flashy” like the Diamond’s fire/brilliance. … but in terms of the subjective adjective of the wearer, I am absolutely an “all or nothing” kinda person. We have waited 15 years to buy my ring because when we were young, I said I would wait until we were multi millionaires/ very high NW so I could have a million dollar wedding (not necessarily a set dollar amount but more so just being able to do things without being “concerned” or restricted with budgets/price tags. Finally that chapter has come so I’m going from wearing nothing on my finger for 15 years to something that is “all out” as that represents my personality and our journey. And ironically that journey has led me to not caring about perception so lab grown for the win!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol So I meant literally “flashy” like the Diamond’s fire/brilliance. … but in terms of the subjective adjective of the wearer, I am absolutely an “all or nothing” kinda person. We have waited 15 years to buy my ring because when we were young, I said I would wait until we were multi millionaires/ very high NW so I could have a million dollar wedding (not necessarily a set dollar amount but more so just being able to do things without being “concerned” or restricted with budgets/price tags. Finally that chapter has come so I’m going from wearing nothing on my finger for 15 years to something that is “all out” as that represents my personality and our journey. And ironically that journey has led me to not caring about perception so lab grown for the win!

Good on you in reaching that milestone.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I’m glad you have to make this decision and not me!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 17.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results