ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock

Attachments

• 933068C4-1657-4B70-9256-EF4EA3590421.jpeg
    933068C4-1657-4B70-9256-EF4EA3590421.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 10

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
It's all about what YOU think! You are the only one who can see it in real life resolution-- no video is going to let us see that sparkle and fire. Do you have a trusted jeweler who would give their opinion locally?

Did you LOVE it when you set eyes on it?

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
I think it's beautiful, but I'm not an expert, so wait for them.
For some reason I’m seeing a black rectangle at more angles than I’d like. Maybe my eyes are just starting to go dizzy from comparing options

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
It's all about what YOU think! You are the only one who can see it in real life resolution-- no video is going to let us see that sparkle and fire. Do you have a trusted jeweler who would give their opinion locally?

Did you LOVE it when you set eyes on it?

I did… but I polled my IG followers and overwhelmingly they preferred a different stone so now I’m second guessing

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only 500 USD is too good to be true!

DK :confused:

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Only 500 USD is too good to be true!

DK :confused:

Sorry I should have clarified… in my previous post, I had said I was going to have to travel to India (from US) to view… but after a lot of back-and-forth, I paid $500 for the dealer to ship it to a colleague in NY for me to view. The price for the stone I have already prenegotiated down to $60k

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful IMO.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I think it is absolutely gorgeous. It has the "dance"

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Felipe

Rough_Rock
I'm not really sure about the clarity of this diamond.
Does it have obvious strain or striation? Isn't the VS2 too bad for an emerald cut?
I'm not an emerald cut expert, but I don't see a lot of color flashes and it looks a little too dark for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is she ok??? Compared to the 17ct I linked in my last post? I was able to convince him ship to me from India for only $500… but I need to make decision today. Thank you in advance!!!

GIA F VS2
66% table
68.1% depth
Ex- ex
On hand natural overcast night-
Tweezer in office light -

On hand office light
On hand zoomed out

i think ive stopped breathing
360_F_202857798_ov1GNvEtQLrJyl9DVvu0pMdZrc6aYp1D.jpg

Felipe

Rough_Rock
I would really check this diamond for striation, see explanation here:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Does it have obvious strain or striation? Isn't the VS2 too bad for an emerald cut?
I'm not an emerald cut expert, but I don't see a lot of color flashes and it looks a little too dark for me.

A VS2 is fine for an emerald, it depends on where the inclusions are.

Also, I would not expect too much fire under flat office lighting with anyone's diamond. Thankfully she was not evaluating under diamond lights.

Felipe

Rough_Rock

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock

It is complete eyeclean. Not too much color flashes, but I do not like color anyway. I do think it’s a touch dark… but it is one of the few stones I have been able to view in a “regular” setting (not showroom with extra bright fake light) .

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It is complete eyeclean. Not too much color flashes, but I do not like color anyway. I do think it’s a touch dark… but it is one of the few stones I have been able to view in a “regular” setting (not showroom with extra bright fake light) .

The office lighting shows it to be lively. I see what Philipe saw in the 360 round, but real life is the most important view. The real-life photos and videos look delightfully crisp. You are indeed quite lucky to be able to view under flat lighting. I think it is an elegant stone.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
The office lighting shows it to be lively. I see what Philipe saw in the 360 round, but real life is the most important view. The real-life photos and videos look delightfully crisp. You are indeed quite lucky to be able to view under flat lighting. I think it is an elegant stone.

Thank you! I just texted the dealer for this 17 and 13 and asked if he has the ability to show to me in a different setting (other than his kiosk/showroom) . I am very keen on trying to
Compare apples to apples with respect to lighting.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Of those two, the one on the top seems to be the livlier. The one on the bottom does not seem flashy on the left side.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Of those two, the one on the top seems to be the livlier. The one on the bottom does not seem flashy on the left side.

Yes. To me, “lively” translates to messy…. Whereas the bottom looks “neat” … but in my Instagram poll, 75% of ppl preferred the top . Which I found interesting… I suppose it truly is all about personal preference.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TOP! Lively is not messy. Lively is a diamond doing what it's supposed to be doing! Flashing like a hall of mirrors!

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock

So… I totally see what you mean about striation and I actually noticed that in the 360 before even knowing what “striation” is… but nonethe less… does that necessarily translate to a less desirable stone even if it still
Looks nice in real life? What are the negative implications that striations could lead to?

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
TOP! Lively is not messy. Lively is a diamond doing what it's supposed to be doing! Flashing like a hall of mirrors!

Lol yes, I get it… but for some reason I have this concern about a stone of this size that’s too blingy (that’s why I chose emerald cut in the first place). I am dead set on something in the 13-20ct range (to celerate 13 year anniversary) … but I don’t want it to look ridiculous like a round brilliant. Ahh so conflicted! I appreciate hearing everyone’s input!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelry is sooo incredibly personal… It’s TOTALLY personal preference… I like the 17 ct the best of all of them from pics, and since you first posted I have always liked the 17 the best…. but from seeing with your own eyes is the only way to tell.

Is the actual size a problem, like it has to be the biggest one? Because 13, 17 or 18 are all huge. Or can you list out what you like the best between each ?

Felipe

Rough_Rock
So… I totally see what you mean about striation and I actually noticed that in the 360 before even knowing what “striation” is… but nonethe less… does that necessarily translate to a less desirable stone even if it still
Looks nice in real life? What are the negative implications that striations could lead to?

I don't think that we can see striation like we can see strain in CVD diamonds. Striation can mute a diamond. It looks like the diamond looks out of focus, not crisp. There is a good explanation with videos on this page, you can use Ctrl + F and search the term striation: https://www.adadiamonds.com/gia

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I still like the 17ct. the best. EC's give classy big flashes as the light travels from one facet to another. I don't think it will be too flashy, except maybe in some lighting situations. I would definitely be interested in seeing the 17 in different lighting situations. He should be able to take the diamond home and video it in different lighting, or maybe have someone mind the shop/kiosk while he goes near a window and shows it in sunlight and diffused light and anything else he can find.

ratchetmomclub

Rough_Rock
Jewelry is sooo incredibly personal… It’s TOTALLY personal preference… I like the 17 ct the best of all of them from pics, and since you first posted I have always liked the 17 the best…. but from seeing with your own eyes is the only way to tell.

Is the actual size a problem, like it has to be the biggest one? Because 13, 17 or 18 are all huge. Or can you list out what you like the best between each ?

Great point-

13 ct is my preferred L/W ratio (1.5) and us the “whitest” (E color and definitely looks colorless to me). I also like how clearly I can see the vertical lines. (Now that I am aware that it is not the crowd favorite I am starting to see how it looks more dull on the video I posted… but there are other videos that look better)

17 ct I only really looked at seriously because that is the crowd favorite… which reminded me that I have strange taste often times. To me, I immediately noticed it looks more warm (even though it is F color). Also the “flashiness” of it made me worry that it would look fake.

18.34 ct I like because of how much effort I put in to find it/negotiate the best price. I also really like the distinctive windmills.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results