shape
carat
color
clarity

Female Mccain''s VP pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if it has been said, but personally, I feel like the President and VP should at least be as smart as I am. I''m not saying she''s dumb, but she doesn''t come off as the brightest crayon in the box. It''s my understanding she had to transfer to community college because she failed a semester at Idaho.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 11:10:43 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Date: 9/18/2008 6:52:50 PM

Author: MoonWater

Date: 9/18/2008 5:32:03 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 9/18/2008 2:38:17 PM

Ooh, we can get access to this stuff? I would like to see George W. Bush''s transcripts please!!

At least we had George''s GPA. But ohhhh he went to Yale, so he was qualified, right?
2.gif
Yes, let''s put it alllll on what school you got into and how you did. That sounds like a wonderful idea to me. Looks like I am heading for the top!!
6.gif
36.gif

He was a Legacy kid and daddy was rich (dare I mention race). I think it''s harder to get into Yale without those two things. You may actually need, *gasp* smarts.

I''m close with a Yale alumni group - most are bright, but there are definately quite a few idiots. I know some pretty dumb Cornell grads too.

What do you mean by idiot? I worked with a lot of PhDs and we noticed something about all of them...common sense sort leaked out of their left ears. We started saying people had a case of the PhDeez. But we blamed it on the fact that their knowledge became so narrowed and focused that it was hard for them to think/see outside of it. I also know quite a few high powered, ivy league educated attorneys. They are amazing at their jobs, but some of them are a little off. For instance one reminds me of the absent minded professor when it comes to day to day stuff. However, I would ever call any of these people idiots (except those days they piss me off lol).

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:33:58 AM

Ooh, we can get access to this stuff? I would like to see George W. Bush''s transcripts please!!

At least we had George''s GPA. But ohhhh he went to Yale, so he was qualified, right?
2.gif
Yes, let''s put it alllll on what school you got into and how you did. That sounds like a wonderful idea to me. Looks like I am heading for the top!!
6.gif
36.gif

He was a Legacy kid and daddy was rich (dare I mention race). I think it''s harder to get into Yale without those two things. You may actually need, *gasp* smarts.

I''m close with a Yale alumni group - most are bright, but there are definately quite a few idiots. I know some pretty dumb Cornell grads too.

What do you mean by idiot? I worked with a lot of PhDs and we noticed something about all of them...common sense sort leaked out of their left ears. We started saying people had a case of the PhDeez. But we blamed it on the fact that their knowledge became so narrowed and focused that it was hard for them to think/see outside of it. I also know quite a few high powered, ivy league educated attorneys. They are amazing at their jobs, but some of them are a little off. For instance one reminds me of the absent minded professor when it comes to day to day stuff. However, I would ever call any of these people idiots (except those days they piss me off lol).
LOL - no that''s not what I meant (though I know a few of those types too). Let''s see, how could I accurately describe them - have you ever been around someone where all you can think is, "I can''t believe you are able to dress yourself in the morning and drive in traffic" - that''s an idiot.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2008 1:31:30 PM

Date: 9/20/2008 10:33:58 AM

2.gif
6.gif
36.gif

LOL - no that''s not what I meant (though I know a few of those types too). Let''s see, how could I accurately describe them - have you ever been around someone where all you can think is, ''I can''t believe you are able to dress yourself in the morning and drive in traffic'' - that''s an idiot.
LAJen, I work with a guy like this . . . and I don''t think "idiot" is a strong enough word in his case!
32.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 9:20:06 AM
Author: pennquaker09
I don't know if it has been said, but personally, I feel like the President and VP should at least be as smart as I am. I'm not saying she's dumb, but she doesn't come off as the brightest crayon in the box. It's my understanding she had to transfer to community college because she failed a semester at Idaho.
That doesn't necessarily mean she isn't smart (ETA: I know you didn't either!
1.gif
)...many very bright people leave "traditional" colleges to attend community schools whether or not they failed - smaller class sizes, student to teacher ratio, less expensive, etc. A lot of people have looked down upon her college eduation, but several of my smartest friends never even went to college & are very successful. There is no way that the President/VP will be at least as smart or smarter than everyone in America; I just want them to have some common sense & do what they think (based on reliable date) is best for our country.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 1:22:43 PM
Author: IndyGirl22

I don't know if it has been said, but personally, I feel like the President and VP should at least be as smart as I am. I'm not saying she's dumb, but she doesn't come off as the brightest crayon in the box. It's my understanding she had to transfer to community college because she failed a semester at Idaho.
1.gif
)...many very bright people leave 'traditional' colleges to attend community schools whether or not they failed - smaller class sizes, student to teacher ratio, less expensive, etc. A lot of people have looked down upon her college eduation, but several of my smartest friends never even went to college & are very successful. There is no way that the President/VP will be at least as smart or smarter than everyone in America; I just want them to have some common sense & do what they think (based on reliable date) is best for our country.

Where did you read that she transferred because she flunked out? Are you sure it wasn't because of money or even boredom? I don't think not having enough money or even if she did flunk out one semester, makes her "not the brightest crayon in the box." I know a ton of smart people that flunked at least one semester in college because of bad choices. I also know a few people who have transferred around like crazy because they were bored. Whatever. *shrug*

ETA: Not to mention..she did graduate. That's all that matters to me, if it really matters that much at all.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 2:04:54 PM

I don''t know if it has been said, but personally, I feel like the President and VP should at least be as smart as I am. I''m not saying she''s dumb, but she doesn''t come off as the brightest crayon in the box. It''s my understanding she had to transfer to community college because she failed a semester at Idaho.
That doesn''t necessarily mean she isn''t smart (ETA: I know you didn''t either!
1.gif
)...many very bright people leave ''traditional'' colleges to attend community schools whether or not they failed - smaller class sizes, student to teacher ratio, less expensive, etc. A lot of people have looked down upon her college eduation, but several of my smartest friends never even went to college & are very successful. There is no way that the President/VP will be at least as smart or smarter than everyone in America; I just want them to have some common sense & do what they think (based on reliable date) is best for our country.

Where did you read that she transferred because she flunked out? Are you sure it wasn''t because of money or even boredom? I don''t think not having enough money or even if she did flunk out one semester, makes her ''not the brightest crayon in the box.'' I know a ton of smart people that flunked at least one semester in college because of bad choices. I also know a few people who have transferred around like crazy because they were bored. Whatever. *shrug*

ETA: Not to mention..she did graduate. That''s all that matters to me, if it really matters that much at all.
It matters if she/he is going to be the Vice President of the United States! Especially if the President is 72 and has had cancer 4 times! At least that would matter to me.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 4:08:15 PM
Author: goobear78

That doesn''t necessarily mean she isn''t smart (ETA: I know you didn''t either!
1.gif
)...many very bright people leave ''traditional'' colleges to attend community schools whether or not they failed - smaller class sizes, student to teacher ratio, less expensive, etc. A lot of people have looked down upon her college eduation, but several of my smartest friends never even went to college & are very successful. There is no way that the President/VP will be at least as smart or smarter than everyone in America; I just want them to have some common sense & do what they think (based on reliable date) is best for our country.

Where did you read that she transferred because she flunked out? Are you sure it wasn''t because of money or even boredom? I don''t think not having enough money or even if she did flunk out one semester, makes her ''not the brightest crayon in the box.'' I know a ton of smart people that flunked at least one semester in college because of bad choices. I also know a few people who have transferred around like crazy because they were bored. Whatever. *shrug*

ETA: Not to mention..she did graduate. That''s all that matters to me, if it really matters that much at all.

It matters if she/he is going to be the Vice President of the United States! Especially if the President is 72 and has had cancer 4 times! At least that would matter to me.
2.gif

Ditto. This woman is likely to become president if McCain is elected. (I think I threw up in my mouth after I typed that.) It''s pretty insane to be so cavalier about something like a possible president''s education (or lack thereof).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

1.gif
)...many very bright people leave 'traditional' colleges to attend community schools whether or not they failed - smaller class sizes, student to teacher ratio, less expensive, etc. A lot of people have looked down upon her college eduation, but several of my smartest friends never even went to college & are very successful. There is no way that the President/VP will be at least as smart or smarter than everyone in America; I just want them to have some common sense & do what they think (based on reliable date) is best for our country.

Where did you read that she transferred because she flunked out? Are you sure it wasn't because of money or even boredom? I don't think not having enough money or even if she did flunk out one semester, makes her 'not the brightest crayon in the box.' I know a ton of smart people that flunked at least one semester in college because of bad choices. I also know a few people who have transferred around like crazy because they were bored. Whatever. *shrug*

ETA: Not to mention..she did graduate. That's all that matters to me, if it really matters that much at all.

2.gif

You say he's had cancer like he's had some kind of bad cancer he had to go and get chemo for. The man had skin cancers removed. Are you telling me all of my family members that have had cancers removed are going to die now, too? Get over it people.
38.gif

ETA: You can't say lack there-of since she has education. And I guess I am more "cavalier" than you, then. Moreover, in case you haven't noticed Obama is not invincible. I also think it's reaching to say "likely" to become Pres.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 5:46:02 PM

You say he''s had cancer like he''s had some kind of bad cancer he had to go and get chemo for. The man had skin cancers removed. Are you telling me all of my family members that have had cancers removed are going to die now, too? Get over it people.
38.gif

ETA: You can''t say lack there-of since she has education. And I guess I am more ''cavalier'' than you, then. Moreover, in case you haven''t noticed Obama is not invincible. I also think it''s reaching to say ''likely'' to become Pres.
Yeah, all speculation...we''ve had just as many presidents ASSASSINATED in office than those whom have DIED pf natural causes/illnesses while in office and the most recent one was assassinated.
20.gif
Considering the people they''ve already thwarted from attacking Obama I wouldn''t be so sure that Palin''s the only VP with a chance at being President.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 8:20:50 PM

You say he''s had cancer like he''s had some kind of bad cancer he had to go and get chemo for. The man had skin cancers removed. Are you telling me all of my family members that have had cancers removed are going to die now, too? Get over it people.

38.gif

ETA: You can''t say lack there-of since she has education. And I guess I am more ''cavalier'' than you, then. Moreover, in case you haven''t noticed Obama is not invincible. I also think it''s reaching to say ''likely'' to become Pres.
Yeah, all speculation...we''ve had just as many presidents ASSASSINATED in office than those whom have DIED pf natural causes/illnesses while in office and the most recent one was assassinated.
20.gif
Considering the people they''ve already thwarted from attacking Obama I wouldn''t be so sure that Palin''s the only VP with a chance at being President.

Yes, but Palin''s the only grossly inexperienced evangelical christian VP candidate, so she''s the only one I''m worried about!
2.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 9:14:56 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 9/21/2008 8:20:50 PM

You say he's had cancer like he's had some kind of bad cancer he had to go and get chemo for. The man had skin cancers removed. Are you telling me all of my family members that have had cancers removed are going to die now, too? Get over it people.

38.gif

ETA: You can't say lack there-of since she has education. And I guess I am more 'cavalier' than you, then. Moreover, in case you haven't noticed Obama is not invincible. I also think it's reaching to say 'likely' to become Pres.
Yeah, all speculation...we've had just as many presidents ASSASSINATED in office than those whom have DIED pf natural causes/illnesses while in office and the most recent one was assassinated.
20.gif
Considering the people they've already thwarted from attacking Obama I wouldn't be so sure that Palin's the only VP with a chance at being President.

Yes, but Palin's the only grossly inexperienced evangelical christian VP candidate, so she's the only one I'm worried about!
2.gif
Your opinion; I was just commenting on the extreme unlikelihood of that happening. Some people act like McCain's walking around with a dialysis machine and has leukemia.
20.gif
(Obviously no disrespect to anyone with either condition!)

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock

1.gif

2.gif

38.gif

Just jumping in here---McCain''s skin cancer was diagnosed in 2000 as malignant melanoma, one of the most metastatic cancers around. It can "resurface" in any number of vital organs and is deadly. McCain hasn''t released all of his medical records fully, so it''s impossible to say...but the initial diagnosis IS more serious than skin lesions.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 1:52:42 AM
Author: AGSHF

1.gif

2.gif

38.gif

Just jumping in here---McCain''s skin cancer was diagnosed in 2000 as malignant melanoma, one of the most metastatic cancers around. It can ''resurface'' in any number of vital organs and is deadly. McCain hasn''t released all of his medical records fully, so it''s impossible to say...but the initial diagnosis IS more serious than skin lesions.

So now because he might have skin cancer resurface and his VP happens to be a Christian he''s not qualified to be President? Do you see how silly that looks when combined and typed out? Like I said..Obama may be young that doesn''t mean he''s invincible, and I don''t exactly feel comfortable with Biden either. So I guess I understand how you feel then.
5.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 9:18:47 AM

1.gif

2.gif

38.gif

Just jumping in here---McCain''s skin cancer was diagnosed in 2000 as malignant melanoma, one of the most metastatic cancers around. It can ''resurface'' in any number of vital organs and is deadly. McCain hasn''t released all of his medical records fully, so it''s impossible to say...but the initial diagnosis IS more serious than skin lesions.

So now because he might have skin cancer resurface and his VP happens to be a Christian he''s not qualified to be President? Do you see how silly that looks when combined and typed out? Like I said..Obama may be young that doesn''t mean he''s invincible, and I don''t exactly feel comfortable with Biden either. So I guess I understand how you feel then.
5.gif
I don''t believe that''s what the person said at all.

AGSHF

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 9:18:47 AM

1.gif

2.gif

38.gif

5.gif

No...not what I pointed out. His type of skin cancer is a serious type; it can recur and, if so, can be, at best, a difficult, debilitating battle or, at worst, a deadly disease. That, coupled with his age, made his choice of a VP very important, as that person has a greater chance of having to assume the presidency. Medical science has improved, but there are no guarantees. And, no, Obama''s not invincible, no one is.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
People often underestimate the seriousness of skin CA. Some lesions can be removed fairly easily without follow-up care. I've had one squamous and two basal on my face and wasn't so fortunate. I underwent MOHS surgery for all three. The squamous cell left a large opening--or what they call a "defect"--in my nose. It took two years of reconstructive surgery to put it back together. I have still have scars. One basal was mainly under the skin surface and needed reconstructive surgery, as well, to rebuild the left bridge of my nose. My second basal was relatively simple. Just was sewed up and that was that. I am considered at high risk for recurrence. I have had numerous biopsies, many of them were pre-CA lesions and were removed early. Skin CA survivors are often treated as if it is no big deal...it is. [/end educatonal session]

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 11:02:41 AM
Author: risingsun
People often underestimate the seriousness of skin CA. Some lesions can be removed fairly easily without follow-up care. I''ve had one squamous and two basal on my face and wasn''t so fortunate. I underwent MOHS surgery for all three. The squamous cell left a large opening--or what they call a ''defect''--in my nose. It took two years of reconstructive surgery to put it back together. I have still have scars. One basal was mainly under the skin surface and needed reconstructive surgery, as well, to rebuild the left bridge of my nose. My second basal was relatively simple. Just was sewed up and that was that. I am considered at high risk for recurrence. I have had numerous biopsies, many of them were pre-CA lesions and were removed early. Skin CA survivors are often treated as if it is no big deal...it is. [/end educatonal session]

I understand what you''re saying, but do you walk around saying you''re going to die every day? I really hope not..

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 12:28:53 PM

People often underestimate the seriousness of skin CA. Some lesions can be removed fairly easily without follow-up care. I''ve had one squamous and two basal on my face and wasn''t so fortunate. I underwent MOHS surgery for all three. The squamous cell left a large opening--or what they call a ''defect''--in my nose. It took two years of reconstructive surgery to put it back together. I have still have scars. One basal was mainly under the skin surface and needed reconstructive surgery, as well, to rebuild the left bridge of my nose. My second basal was relatively simple. Just was sewed up and that was that. I am considered at high risk for recurrence. I have had numerous biopsies, many of them were pre-CA lesions and were removed early. Skin CA survivors are often treated as if it is no big deal...it is. [/end educatonal session]

I understand what you''re saying, but do you walk around saying you''re going to die every day? I really hope not..
33.gif

34.gif

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I just saw this article on CNN.

Now this is a serious question -- can someone explain to me why Palin wants to take polar bears off the threatened/endangered species list? And what is her opinion about global warming? From everything I''ve seen, she doesn''t believe there is such a thing. I know there are Palin supporters here, so perhaps someone can explain what they believe to be Palin''s logic.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 12:59:43 PM

33.gif

34.gif

Not trying to be mean, just saying the people have condemned the man to imminent death for having cancer. It''s a serious disease, but I really hope cancer survivors do not look at themselves that way.
38.gif

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 1:02:29 PM

33.gif

34.gif

Not trying to be mean, just saying the people have condemned the man to imminent death for having cancer. It''s a serious disease, but I really hope cancer survivors do not look at themselves that way.
38.gif

I''m concerned McCain might die in office because of his age, the cancer aspect adds another level of probability.

It is my opinion that if someone has a number of surgeries for skin cancer, and moreover is reminded of it every time he/she looks in a mirror, it is quite likely that they consider their mortality every day. And you may not intend to be mean when you put that little disapproving tsk-tsk face after your comment, but unfortunately it sounds that way.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 1:32:51 PM
Author: thumbelina
Date: 9/23/2008 1:02:29 PM

33.gif

34.gif

38.gif

I''m concerned McCain might die in office because of his age, the cancer aspect adds another level of probability.

It is my opinion that if someone has a number of surgeries for skin cancer, and moreover is reminded of it every time he/she looks in a mirror, it is quite likely that they consider their mortality every day. And you may not intend to be mean when you put that little disapproving tsk-tsk face after your comment, but unfortunately it sounds that way.

Well, I''m sorry that you took it that way. I''ve had quite a few family members die from cancer, and I''d like to think they didn''t wake up every day thinking they were going to die. There''s nothing wrong with a realistic attitude, but I think a positive attitude helps increase chances of survival. Guess we''ll have to agree to disagree.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
My aunt has lung cancer, and yes a positive attitude contributes greatly to the healing process. However, she would not attempt to get hired for a job and pick a replacement that is not the most qualified of the choices she had. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people taking McCain''s age in combination with his cancer into consideration when deciding whether to vote for him and his choice of VP. Like it or not, he is at a higher risk of death than the average person. It has absolutely nothing to do with waking up every day and thinking you''re going to die. I don''t think a single person here implied that.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:53:06 PM
My aunt has lung cancer, and yes a positive attitude contributes greatly to the healing process. However, she would not attempt to get hired for a job and pick a replacement that is not the most qualified of the choices she had. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people taking McCain's age in combination with his cancer into consideration when deciding whether to vote for him and his choice of VP. Like it or not, he is at a higher risk of death than the average person. It has absolutely nothing to do with waking up every day and thinking you're going to die. I don't think a single person here implied that.

There's a difference between saying someone has a heightened chance of dying/greater risk and essentially implying over and over again someone is going to die soon.

ETA: And no I am not saying anyone flat-out said that..I just feel like a lot of the time (and not just on PS, left-wing blogs included here) people are just flat-out saying he will die. How do we know that for sure? We don't! It really frustrates me. And if that's something that bothers you, etc., that's fine. We'll agree to disagree.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Palin finally gives the press some access, a full 30 seconds of pleasantries with Karzai link I bet that this will get cries of MSM is mean to her, but they sometimes do this sort of thing (all pull out if some are denied access) with Bush, hence he only speaks to Fox when he can swing it.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 12:59:57 PM

Now this is a serious question -- can someone explain to me why Palin wants to take polar bears off the threatened/endangered species list? And what is her opinion about global warming? From everything I''ve seen, she doesn''t believe there is such a thing. I know there are Palin supporters here, so perhaps someone can explain what they believe to be Palin''s logic.

Not sure about the first question, going to research that one article kind of mentions it. As for the second question, this article might help a bit more. From what I understand so far she believes it exists, but not necessarily that humans are causing it. Post Article

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few days ago, someone mentioned the program that Palin put in place - $150 for the severed left paw of a wolf to encourage hunters to kill. She also supports aerial wolf hunting, which is a horribly barbaric practice.

http://washingtonindependent.com/5517/predatory-practices

This is so horrible. I would really prefer to think that situations like this do not exist, but they do, and people should know about it, and Palin's support of it.

Also,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/17/poles.wildlife

And, Palin's 1/5/08 NYT Op-ed re: why she is agaist including polar bears on the Endangered Species List. Not that I believe her cited reason (which is that they are not actually endangered), but to be fair, as the Guardian misquoted her to some extent:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/05/opinion/05palin.html

ETA: And, the real reason why Palin does not want polar bears on the Endangered Species List:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/30/AR2008083001538.html

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 12:59:57 PM

Now this is a serious question -- can someone explain to me why Palin wants to take polar bears off the threatened/endangered species list? And what is her opinion about global warming? From everything I've seen, she doesn't believe there is such a thing. I know there are Palin supporters here, so perhaps someone can explain what they believe to be Palin's logic.

I haven't read up on her views - so I can't really speak for her, however, perhaps she is against basing policy (that will affect entire economies) on data presented that isn't held to the same standards as private industry. Our government has the Data Quality Act (DQA) which is supposed to cover things like climate data, but it isn't enforced. This would help - A certification by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) http://www.eccma.org/iso8000register.php

Perhaps she listens to this guy: http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/sep/19/uaf-professor-continues-question-sources-global-wa/ an excerpt:

The retired geophysics professor also questioned the accuracy of readings from weather stations where no one is there to regularly monitor the equipment.

“A friend of mine found one station where the temperature gauge was just outside the air conditioner,” he said.

The above is very similiar to the findings of an ongoing project (you can even be a part of the investigation) http://www.surfacestations.org/ Some findings of "how not to measure weather" can be found here http://wattsupwiththat.com/category/weather_stations/

And I just have to throw this in here, because it really made me angry http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr/11/business/fi-institute11

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 4:04:03 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
A few days ago, someone mentioned the program that Palin put in place - $150 for the severed left paw of a wolf to encourage hunters to kill. She also supports aerial wolf hunting, which is a horribly barbaric practice.

http://washingtonindependent.com/5517/predatory-practices

This is so horrible. I would really prefer to think that situations like this do not exist, but they do, and people should know about it, and Palin''s support of it.

Also,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/17/poles.wildlife

And, Palin''s 1/5/08 NYT Op-ed re: why she is agaist including polar bears on the Endangered Species List. Not that I believe her cited reason (which is that they are not actually endangered), but to be fair, as the Guardian misquoted her to some extent:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/05/opinion/05palin.html

ETA: And, the real reason why Palin does not want polar bears on the Endangered Species List:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/30/AR2008083001538.html

Loves Vintage - I couldn''t agree with you more!

In her view, the wolves are depleting the moose and elk populations...we can''t allow wolves to hunt them, they are for humans to hunt!!

As for polar bears - the article that SarahLovesJS provided a link to also suggests Palin''s reasons for getting them off the endangered species list all have to do with money... tourists, development of the land, drilling, etc.

And global warming exists, but the human race is not necessarily causing it? Can we not agree, though, that we are contributing to it? She won''t support programs that deal with preventing our continued contribution, but instead she would support programs that teach us how to deal with the inevitable change.

These are more examples of the change that I do not want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results