shape
carat
color
clarity

Female Mccain''s VP pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:05:22 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 9/23/2008 1:32:51 PM
Author: thumbelina

Date: 9/23/2008 1:02:29 PM

Date: 9/23/2008 12:59:43 PM

Author: MoonWater

Date: 9/23/2008 12:28:53 PM

Date: 9/23/2008 11:02:41 AM

Author: risingsun

People often underestimate the seriousness of skin CA. Some lesions can be removed fairly easily without follow-up care. I''ve had one squamous and two basal on my face and wasn''t so fortunate. I underwent MOHS surgery for all three. The squamous cell left a large opening--or what they call a ''defect''--in my nose. It took two years of reconstructive surgery to put it back together. I have still have scars. One basal was mainly under the skin surface and needed reconstructive surgery, as well, to rebuild the left bridge of my nose. My second basal was relatively simple. Just was sewed up and that was that. I am considered at high risk for recurrence. I have had numerous biopsies, many of them were pre-CA lesions and were removed early. Skin CA survivors are often treated as if it is no big deal...it is. [/end educatonal session]

I understand what you''re saying, but do you walk around saying you''re going to die every day? I really hope not..

33.gif

34.gif

Not trying to be mean, just saying the people have condemned the man to imminent death for having cancer. It''s a serious disease, but I really hope cancer survivors do not look at themselves that way.
38.gif

I''m concerned McCain might die in office because of his age, the cancer aspect adds another level of probability.

It is my opinion that if someone has a number of surgeries for skin cancer, and moreover is reminded of it every time he/she looks in a mirror, it is quite likely that they consider their mortality every day. And you may not intend to be mean when you put that little disapproving tsk-tsk face after your comment, but unfortunately it sounds that way.

Well, I''m sorry that you took it that way. I''ve had quite a few family members die from cancer, and I''d like to think they didn''t wake up every day thinking they were going to die. There''s nothing wrong with a realistic attitude, but I think a positive attitude helps increase chances of survival. Guess we''ll have to agree to disagree.
Sarah~I discussed a portion of my medical history to provide some perspective. When I was first diagnosed, I was told I would likely have a recurrence within 5 years. It happened in two years. I was also informed that the squamous cell CA could have spread to my neck and other organs. All skin CA does not have the same prognosis or severity. I do have scars I have to cover every day. Please don''t use my experience to illustrate your views on death and dying. It''s not appropriate.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Sarah Palin is a good debater. I am going to post this link in all the political threads, but this is the full 1 1/2 hour debate. For a shorter version which is limited to abortion, domestic partner healthcare, and doctor assisted suicide issues, you can find it on YouTube. I personally think that it''s unfair simply to judge her on only those isses. Although it is uncanny that they ask her what she would do if her daughter became pregnant...even from rape. The debate is from 2006.

Alaska Governer''s Dabate with Sarah Palin

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:35:12 PM
Date: 9/23/2008 2:05:22 PM

Date: 9/23/2008 1:32:51 PM

Author: thumbelina

Date: 9/23/2008 1:02:29 PM

Date: 9/23/2008 12:59:43 PM

Date: 9/23/2008 12:28:53 PM

Date: 9/23/2008 11:02:41 AM

People often underestimate the seriousness of skin CA. Some lesions can be removed fairly easily without follow-up care. I''ve had one squamous and two basal on my face and wasn''t so fortunate. I underwent MOHS surgery for all three. The squamous cell left a large opening--or what they call a ''defect''--in my nose. It took two years of reconstructive surgery to put it back together. I have still have scars. One basal was mainly under the skin surface and needed reconstructive surgery, as well, to rebuild the left bridge of my nose. My second basal was relatively simple. Just was sewed up and that was that. I am considered at high risk for recurrence. I have had numerous biopsies, many of them were pre-CA lesions and were removed early. Skin CA survivors are often treated as if it is no big deal...it is. [/end educatonal session]

I understand what you''re saying, but do you walk around saying you''re going to die every day? I really hope not..

33.gif

34.gif

Not trying to be mean, just saying the people have condemned the man to imminent death for having cancer. It''s a serious disease, but I really hope cancer survivors do not look at themselves that way.
38.gif

I''m concerned McCain might die in office because of his age, the cancer aspect adds another level of probability.

It is my opinion that if someone has a number of surgeries for skin cancer, and moreover is reminded of it every time he/she looks in a mirror, it is quite likely that they consider their mortality every day. And you may not intend to be mean when you put that little disapproving tsk-tsk face after your comment, but unfortunately it sounds that way.

Well, I''m sorry that you took it that way. I''ve had quite a few family members die from cancer, and I''d like to think they didn''t wake up every day thinking they were going to die. There''s nothing wrong with a realistic attitude, but I think a positive attitude helps increase chances of survival. Guess we''ll have to agree to disagree.
Sarah~I discussed a portion of my medical history to provide some perspective. When I was first diagnosed, I was told I would likely have a recurrence within 5 years. It happened in two years. I was also informed that the squamous cell CA could have spread to my neck and other organs. All skin CA does not have the same prognosis or severity. I do have scars I have to cover every day. Please don''t use my experience to illustrate your views on death and dying. It''s not appropriate.

Hey Marian, just saw this and wanted to say I''m sorry if I offended you in any way or got too personal. I don''t see anything wrong with what I said, but wanted to clear up any misunderstandings. If you don''t agree with me that''s fine, I just think there''s a fine line between knowing about one''s mortality and being overly negative and pessimistic. Just my personal opinion and experience - not trying to force it on you..if you don''t agree that''s fine of course.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 10:56:53 PM

Date: 9/28/2008 4:27:50 PM
Another article on McCain/Palin. This time written by Carl Bernstein. He discusses how McCain''s campaign and choice of Palin as running mate reflects upon McCain''s character. YMMV.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carl-bernstein/the-palin-pick----the-dev_b_129373.html

Good article. Sums up a lot of people''s feelings.
Bernstein really spoke to the thoughts and feeling I have been experiencing. He is an excellent journalist and he clearly expressed a POV that has been on my mind.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Sarah~I appreciate your response. My objection was twofold: [1] that many people do not understand the potential for serious consequences of skin cancer and [2] that you made some speculations about how others may cope with it. You are entitled to express an opinion; however, when someone who has been there offers their experience, I think it's important to hear them and consider your own responses within a greater context. I also have a benign blood disorder with the potential to develop in a deadly form of CA. I'm checked every six months at our regional CA center and will be for the duration. If you are truly interested in how people cope, I suggest you ask them--or me. Let's hope we can move on from here. I would welcome that.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 1:06:49 AM
Sarah~I appreciate your response. My objection was twofold: [1] that many people do not understand the potential for serious consequences of skin cancer and [2] that you made some speculations about how others may cope with it. You are entitled to express an opinion; however, when someone who has been there offers their experience, I think it''s important to hear them and consider your own responses within a greater context. I also have a benign blood disorder with the potential to develop in a deadly form of CA. I''m checked every six months at our regional CA center and will be for the duration. If you are truly interested in how people cope, I suggest you ask them--or me. Let''s hope we can move on from here. I would welcome that.

Thank you, but you see..that''s the thing. I have asked people how they cope..many people in my family that I watched die. So I was speaking from my personal experience as an observer as well as supporter and what I''ve decided is probably the best policy for me as it worked well for them and they lived years past their prognosis - but it may not be best for you and of course that''s fine. So I like I said I''m sorry if I pushed my views on you and I''m glad this is resolved.
1.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Sarah Palin interview

She did an interview with Hugh Hewitt today that I thought was pretty interesting. I figured out what bothers me about her speaking style though (which is evident in the transcript that I linked). She doesn''t pause between sentences. It''s like she thinks of a new thought in the middle of her previous thought and interrupts herself. Does that make sense?
I hope she''s working on that. I watched her 2006 debate and I didn''t catch her doing that too often...so while I was blaming her speaking style on being nervous before, that makes no sense to me now because these questions are mostly about herself (where everyone is most comfortable).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven''t scoured this thread in a while but has this rumor been posted yet?

PALIN''S LIPLINER IS A TATTOO ... heh. What''s the difference between the jaws of defeat and a hockey mom? Ba-dum-dum.
3.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
More excellence from the Couric interview! Palin apparently reads ALL newspapers, could/would not list just one. Oh CBS, please release the other juicy tidbits of wisdom! link its the front of Kos, (sorry Reps, but you can probably google it if you don''t want to slum it in the liberal blogs).

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 7:49:20 PM
Author: decodelighted

PALIN''S LIPLINER IS A TATTOO ... heh. What''s the difference between the jaws of defeat and a hockey mom? Ba-dum-dum.
3.gif
Give me a break. Is this what politics has come to? SERIOUSLY?

Seriously????

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 7:58:25 PM
Author: luckystar112

3.gif

Give me a break. Is this what politics has come to? SERIOUSLY?

Seriously????

Yep. And to me that''s about as silly and irrelevant as people accusing Obama of wearing make-up to look "more African-American." Just my personal opinion, not trying to flame anyone.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

3.gif
Does it matter? If she gets Botox, does it matter? If she''d had a face lift, would it matter? If she''d had lipo, would it matter? If she colors her hair, does it matter? If she gets waxed, does it matter? If she has her mustache bleached, does it frikkin'' matter?

Let''s at least skewer the woman on the issues. And I''m no big fan of the woman; I think she could have done a better job for McCain at this point. I''m wondering why the hell he didn''t choose Huckabee.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 8:11:03 PM
Author: HollyS
PALIN''S LIPLINER IS A TATTOO ... heh.
3.gif
Does it matter? If she gets Botox, does it matter? If she''d had a face lift, would it matter? If she''d had lipo, would it matter? If she colors her hair, does it matter? If she gets waxed, does it matter? If she has her mustache bleached, does it frikkin'' matter?
Let''s at least skewer the woman on the issues.
"Issues" like accusing Obama of being a Muslim because he wore a Muslim-y outfit one time??
If Biden had tattooed on eyebrows or hairplugs or facial piercings ... I''m just SO SURE you''d turn a blind eye.
20.gif

Palin: Just LOVE TO LOATHE HER!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG this is pathetic and sad.

This stuff is all nonsense. I am really amazed this even gets any airtime at all.

She has enough lacking in her that we could focus on rather than discussing her lipliner and hairstyle.

I have to say no wonder people look at us as moronic. I gotta say if this is what is news worthy with a huge election at stake, I just have to do this
20.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 10:17:33 PM
Author: diamondfan

I have to say no wonder people look at us as moronic. I gotta say if this is what is news worthy with a huge election at stake, I just have to do this
20.gif

As always, I am right there with you, DF. Seriously, I could not care less if Joe Biden had hair plugs. Are you kidding me? We''re in economic crisis, and this is the crap people care to talk about
23.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 10:17:33 PM
Author: diamondfan
OMG this is pathetic and sad.I gotta say if this is what is news worthy with a huge election at stake, I just have to do this
20.gif
Honestly folks ... it''s ALWAYS been this way. Did you catch the John Adams miniseries on HBO? Don''t know if they mentioned it but Thomas Jefferson passed around a newsletter accusing John Adams of being a "hermaphroditic character" ... and Adams accused Jefferson of a host of outrageous physical & wacky "sins".

Always. Been. This. Petty.

And all of you so so so "serious" now that there a "crisis" ... look back at your old posts. And try to avoid
20.gif
-ing YOURSELVES.
27.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hey, it's all silly. I've posted some silly stuff. Just today, actually (according to some people
9.gif
)!

But this one seems really silly. Like they took her joke literally (I've heard the joke before). Like we should think she is a fraud because she told the joke without wearing lipstick. It's just so absurd that's it funny!

Like if I told a joke about eyeliner, when I don't wear eyeliner, that would mean you can't trust me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 10:50:23 PM
Hey, it''s all silly. But this one seems really silly. Like they took her joke literally (I''ve heard the joke before). Like we should think she is a fraud because she told the joke without wearing lipstick. It''s just so absurd that''s it funny!
I don''t think it makes her a liar ... you can certainly wear lipstick ON TOP of tattooed lip liner. I just have a nonsensical visceral reaction to a seemingly short-sighted fringey kind of procedure. Seems like it would turn off her own "base" if they were to judge (as they often do IMHO) on appearances.

She''s gross to me anyhoo. Her IDEAS and IGNORANCE etc are what I *really* have a problem with. This kind of "silly" superficial crabbola just adds fuel to an existing fire.

Dinosaurs & humans coexisting? She reads EVERY paper? A random student calling out a question is a "gotcha journalist"? Russia''s rearing its head into her airspace?

Honestly -- we need her in Alaska. Give her some binoculars and a bag of Cheetoes & let her do what she does best: Keep an Eye on Russia.
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:00:20 PM

Hey, it''s all silly. But this one seems really silly. Like they took her joke literally (I''ve heard the joke before). Like we should think she is a fraud because she told the joke without wearing lipstick. It''s just so absurd that''s it funny!
I don''t think it makes her a liar ... you can certainly wear lipstick ON TOP of tattooed lip liner. I just have a nonsensical visceral reaction to a seemingly short-sighted fringey kind of procedure. Seems like it would turn off her own ''base'' if they were to judge (as they often do IMHO) on appearances.

She''s gross to me anyhoo. Her IDEAS and IGNORANCE etc are what I *really* have a problem with. This kind of ''silly'' superficial crabbola just adds fuel to an existing fire.

Dinosaurs & humans coexisting? She reads EVERY paper? A random student calling out a question is a ''gotcha journalist''? Russia''s rearing its head into her airspace?

Honestly -- we need her in Alaska. Give her some binoculars and a bag of Cheetoes & let her do what she does best: Keep an Eye on Russia.
11.gif
OMG, I just snorted loudly. Yeah, Deco I hear you!!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey, it's all silly. But this one seems really silly. Like they took her joke literally (I've heard the joke before). Like we should think she is a fraud because she told the joke without wearing lipstick. It's just so absurd that's it funny!

I don't think it makes her a liar ... you can certainly wear lipstick ON TOP of tattooed lip liner. I just have a nonsensical visceral reaction to a seemingly short-sighted fringey kind of procedure. Seems like it would turn off her own 'base' if they were to judge (as they often do IMHO) on appearances.

She's gross to me anyhoo. Her IDEAS and IGNORANCE etc are what I *really* have a problem with. This kind of 'silly' superficial crabbola just adds fuel to an existing fire.

Dinosaurs & humans coexisting? She reads EVERY paper? A random student calling out a question is a 'gotcha journalist'? Russia's rearing its head into her airspace?

11.gif

Deco,

Can I just tell you -- I've missed you so! You really have a way with words!
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, not sure what you mean?

This is pretty serious to me. And I do not like her, I am not defending her at all. But hairplugs and permanent lipliner? It feels like Access Hollywood not Election 2008 to me.

I can laugh it up with the best of them. But our country is seriously in the crapper and it saddens me to say it, but I have not a lot of hope that either of these guys is the answer.

And remember, Reagan did not dye his hair either.

E B

Ideal_Rock

She''s gross to me anyhoo. Her IDEAS and IGNORANCE etc are what I *really* have a problem with. This kind of ''silly'' superficial crabbola just adds fuel to an existing fire.

Dinosaurs & humans coexisting? She reads EVERY paper? A random student calling out a question is a ''gotcha journalist''? Russia''s rearing its head into her airspace?

11.gif

LOL! Well said.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Palin''s IGNORANCE plus ARROGANCE seriously scare me. IMHO, she is not just unqualified for the VP position, she will be a danger to the future of this country if she gets elected.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 12:46:46 AM
Author: zhuzhu
Palin''s IGNORANCE plus ARROGANCE seriously scare me. IMHO, she is not just unqualified for the VP position, she will be a danger to the future of this country if she gets elected.

She''s like Bush turned up a notch. Ignorant, yet arrogant and decisive. Great combo in a world leader.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 1:22:24 AM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 10/1/2008 12:46:46 AM

Author: zhuzhu

She''s like Bush turned up a notch. Ignorant, yet arrogant and decisive. Great combo in a world leader.

For sure, a leader to DESTROY all the good that are still remaining.....

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 9:59:10 PM

3.gif
''Issues'' like accusing Obama of being a Muslim because he wore a Muslim-y outfit one time??
If Biden had tattooed on eyebrows or hairplugs or facial piercings ... I''m just SO SURE you''d turn a blind eye.
20.gif

9.gif
Yes, the possibility of Obama having any familiarity in a religious group that most people in middle America would consider to be controversial, is an issue, and you will find that it will remain an issue come election day. Joe Biden having any cosmetic procedure, on eyebrows or not, shouldn''t raise any eyebrow. Except for people wondering why he''s so vain. I don''t personally give a rat''s patootie.

And, really, since we have page after page of the ''Palin faked her own pregancy'' nonsense here, why exactly are you finger-pointing?
20.gif

I don''t think you will find too many of us Obama dissenters saying we "love to loathe him". I''m none too fond, but he doesn''t get under my skin . . . even though his ears are too small for his head. He looks like the "Little Bill" cartoon all grown up!
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 8:43:03 AM
Date: 9/30/2008 9:59:10 PM
3.gif
''Issues'' like accusing Obama of being a Muslim because he wore a Muslim-y outfit one time?? If Biden had tattooed on eyebrows or hairplugs or facial piercings ... I''m just SO SURE you''d turn a blind eye.
20.gif

9.gif
Yes, the possibility of Obama having any familiarity in a religious group that most people in middle America would consider to be controversial, is an issue, and you will find that it will remain an issue come election day. Joe Biden having any cosmetic procedure, on eyebrows or not, shouldn''t raise any eyebrow. Except for people wondering why he''s so vain. I don''t personally give a rat''s patootie. And, really, since we have page after page of the ''Palin faked her own pregancy'' nonsense here, why exactly are you finger-pointing?
20.gif

I don''t think you will find too many of us Obama dissenters saying we ''love to loathe him''. I''m none too fond, but he doesn''t get under my skin . . . even though his ears are too small for his head. He looks like the ''Little Bill'' cartoon all grown up!
9.gif
Lemmie get this straight: commenting on things a candidate CAN control (cosmetic proceedures etc) is shallow & unnecessary. But commenting on WHAT NATURE GAVE THEM (ears) is a-ok in your "issues only please" judgment??

And *I* never complained about shallow topics. It''s all part of it. Access Hollywood exactly. Just pointed the finger BACK at some newly holier-than-thou posters who seem to have had a change of heart since the "crisis" hit.

NEWSFLASH: For some of us in America ... it''s been a CRISIS for quite a while now.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results