shape
carat
color
clarity

Feel the warmth! Leon Mege calibrated French cuts + AVC!

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
omg

your ring is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gorgeous!! i LOVE the warmth and FIRE your diamonds have :love: :love: :love: and oh OH the french cut side stones..... :love: :love: :love: drooooooooooooooling here!!

regarding the dilemma you have about wearing your ering on left hand...what if you got a really really thin spacer band so you can let your wband gnaw at THAT instead of touching your ering? :naughty: i don't know i think it's a great idea! :mrgreen:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
PERFECTION is right. There's not much more to say, is there? Concur with the suggestion to add stacking bands on either side of your wedding band -- maybe pink diamond/rose gold pave??!!!!!!! Or even just solid metal rounded very thin bands. Though the band on its own is SUPER LOVELY too. Just if you were thinking about how to give it more presence -- to keep up with PERFECTION.

dbleplus

Rough_Rock
What a delicious piece of eye candy, thanks for sharing!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing that gorgeous piece of bling :love: :love: :love: That stone is stunning and the setting is to die for! An absolutely perfect combo.

Angietaren

Rough_Rock
Yeahhh, another french cut sista. Beautiful ring Lovestreet congratulations.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I'm speechless! I adore your ring. Love, love, the French cuts and everything else.
You did good!

britlee

Rough_Rock
Wow!! That Ring is just amazing!!
Congratulations

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This ring is gorgeous. Make me want one :)

JFlyte

Rough_Rock
Oh, it is just absoultely beautiful. It's amazing how French cuts can be so wonderfully romantic, yet so crisply architectural at the same time. Especially with that gorgeous stone, it's such a stunning mix of old world glamour and modern design. Definitely going in my inspiration folder!

Happy anniversary!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Kasey, Ara Ann, Skippy, Cachette, LtlFirecracker, Farleysmom, Portia, ZhenyaH, Dbleplus, Stargurl, AngieTaren, Britlee - thank you all so much for your nice words! I'm so happy to have PSers to share this experience with! You guys are all great - I've definitely learned a lot here over the years, though mostly lurking, so it's nice to play and participate :)

MissyDebby - thanks- you are hilarious! I'm so using "freekin frackin" next time I have a chance!

Ana Spark - can't wait to see your AVC *collection* my goodness! Hopefully it will be soon! What ype of 5-stone are you thinking of?

SweetieTooth - thank you! Yes, I've definitely been thinking about a spacer so I can wear it on my left occasionally when it's appropriate (ie. expected). I'd probably need a spacer that is narrow, but taller than 1mm (like Luv2Sparkle's or Ruups little Leon knife-edges). i had been considering a 1 mm band from Etsy but after looking at my ring next to my wband, I would need something 1.5 to 2mm tall to keep my shared prong from touching the bezeled French cut.

Deco - thank you! I have been drawn to the ideas of stackers for either side of my band ever since I decided to where the Leon on my RH. I love yellow, so was thinking of two yellow bands giving the effect of Irish Breakfasts, though pink/rose gold would be gorgeous too! But the Thin Rings thread has me even more paranoid about pave and thinness than before! Maybe they would only be for occasional wear... might buy some CZs to test out looks.

Bebe - thanks! Your ring was on my original request to Leon (along with R377) because I still LOVE how stepcuts - specially traps - look with cushions! Leon was right that they wouldn't have worked with my particular stone, but yours is still a classic masterpiece!

Charmy - thanks! I'm still waiting for your AVC+Leon STMB thread :Up_to_something:

JFlyte - thank you - you're right about French cuts being old world but architectural - that's a good way to put it and probably one of the reasons I like them so much - maybe they appeal to the geometry I was originally going for in my first design ideas with step cuts.

I took a few more pix today experimenting with stacking. I have really short, umm.."fleshy" fingers that are not made for stacking. I don't like the way the ring looks stacked because of my short fingers, and the color difference between the M/K and my G/H band, but I took some pix for those who are curious. The silver band is a cheapo sterling thing I got when figuring out my RH size - I wouldn't use it as a spacer but just did so here for the photo shoot.

ETA - sorry about the terrible nails - I'm getting a mani this weekend!! :oops: Please just ignore everything north & south of the rings except for contextual purposes! :cheeky:

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. Ever. You must swoon every time you glance down at it! The size of that cushion is to die for, truly. And the setting, oh my!! Congrats and enjoy this beauty!

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: absolutely stunning! happy anniversary!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
this is sooooooooooooooooo pretty!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Street|1296545252|2839090 said:
Harriet - Thank you! I'm so sorry to hear about your current issues with your pieces. I hope you can get them resolved. I am taking extra care with this ring now after hearing your story and reading the Thin Rings thread - so at the very least it was a timely wake up call for clumsy me who previously rode horses, played with dogs, went shark diving, hiking, etc with my rings on. I think this new ring will come off for those types of activities and I'll just wear my warped wedding band :rodent:

Yes, please take it off (uh, that sounds naughty ;-) )!
I'm sorry if my thread caused you anxiety while you were waiting for your beauty.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Junebug - thank you so much! Wow! Yes, I definitely have not gotten used to it. It's a big change from my .83 center stone 3-stone ring (and I was wearing just my wband for 3 months after I sold that ring to put towards the Leon setting).

Acebruin - thank you!!

Nadiamo - Thanks - I love your AVC ring too - so pretty!

Harriet - Haha! No need to apologize, of course - I like as much info as possible to be on PS - it benefits everyone.

Also, to everyone who has taken the time to post such nice things, A MILLION THANK YOU's! :loopy: I was showing DH this thread and your comments really made him proud (and actually laugh out loud, in a good way!!) - it was actually very special to be reading your comments - almost like a well wishes guest book at a wedding, even though we don't really "know" you personally (just shared a love of jewels and participation in this community). So truly, thank you.

Because I can't help myself, I'm posting a few more pix for fun.

I forgot to mention in the "setting" info that I did have Leon set the stone "as low as possible", on his recommendation. Before signing the work order, I initially considered whether I'd want it slightly higher, but I went with his default because I felt comfortable that Leon really is a master of proportion, and I figured my stone was deep enough that the minimum height off my finger would avoid the "squatty diamond" syndrome I was thinking about, and it's on my right hand, so "lowest" would be more practical. In the end, I'm so glad I went with "low as possible", because I think it's a perfect height for me and the proportions are perfect in my eyes. So count me in as a happy, low-as-possible customer :)

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Just a couple more and then I'll stop - thanks for humoring me :oops: :razz:

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
What a masterpiece, 110% lustable :love: :lickout: Fit for a Love Metropolis as much as for the Street! :) Congrats!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I think your ring just made me fall in love with AVCs!!! :love: I learn something new every day on PS and I had no idea what french cuts were until I came across your thread. They are beautiful! And together with your AVC...wowza!! I love the milgrain detail on your ring too...it adds a nice touch. Thanks for sharing...and feeding my new diamond obsession. :D

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, please don't stop posting pics - I'm enjoying every last one of them! I've been eyeballing this thread from the beginning. This is probably my New Favorite Ring Ever: I adore warmth and I adore vintage design ... it's like the perfect marriage of elements!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
LOL - Love your photos with different heads! hahahah :appl:

Thanks for sharing your photos! Your ring is stunning! :D

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Seriously seriously I am coveting that setting! Holy GOD it's gorgeous! I wondered what larger, lower colored sidestones would look like with a larger M stone and now I have the answer- a-freaking-mazing. Post alllll the pics you want. Oh yes. I would love to reset my M colored OEC with some french cuts like yours! The whole ring is just... perfect. And it looks wearable, not too fragile, but still dainty and beautiful as anything. :appl:

I also love it as a stand alone on your right hand. Since a lot of antique settings were designed to be worn that way years ago, it's just the perfect look for it. I love the stand alone look with statement rings like that for sure.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your "10 Year Togetherness" anniversary. And what a perfect gift! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous. Such perfect proportions: the beautiful M, the french cuts, and the detail on the head. It's so perfect. And I much prefer the ring alone. IMO any band along with it detracts from the well-proportioned shape. I think rings like your really hold their own when worn alone.

It sounds like you enjoyed the journey working with Leon and GOG, and that is very important. I am glad it went well and you ended up with a beautiful piece.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Lovestreet: I have been out of town for a few days and I did not see this thread until now. Your ring is absolutely stunning, and it is another LM masterpiece. I am so glad you are happy with it. You and Wintotty are truly ring sisters. I see just a slight difference in the layout of the french cuts. Yours has a slightly greater curvature in the first 2 stones on the shank, which makes the profile of the shank even more graceful. It's a bit hard to describe, but I hope you understand what I mean. If you don't mind sharing, what is the total weight of the french cuts? The proportion to the center stone looks bigger than my ring. I have asked LM for bigger french cuts, but he said it would take a month or two to cut a new layout. I didn't want to wait that long, so I went with what he had on hand. I also notice that LM is making the prongs a little bigger. Perhaps his signature delicate double claws that everybody loves, are not holding up and Harriet is not the only one havong problems with loose prongs.

Enjoy your gorgeous new ring.

AN

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Street - your ring is amazing - it literally takes my breath away - of course I have bookmarked your thread, but now I re-visit it every time I get on PS, just so I can drink in its incredible perfection. Truly, if I could magically have any ring in the world, I would choose yours. My sincere best wishes that you wear it in good health and much happiness always!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am soooo enjoying this thread. I was delighted to see more pictures-- please don't hesitate to post a few more! This is one of the most beautiful rings I've seen! I really love everything about it :love: I would definitely choose warmer colored stones,also. And I did notice that the claws were more substantial than usual, which must be reassuring (and I think they're prettier this way, too).
It looks solidly made; are you comfortable with it from that aspect? That's a bit of an awkward question, sorry about that. I'm asking because I'd like to have a ring made by him but the recent threads have raised some concerns for me. I have one of his rings and it is a thing of beauty, and it is very sturdy, minus its tiny prongs, lol!
Enjoy your fabulous ring and wear it in good health!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Love Street|1296543181|2839073 said:
Thanks Envyme!

I'm really happy with how the K-color sidestones complement the M-center stone. It was Leon's suggestion to go for K (not higher or lower) and he was so right.

In the full sunlight and in incandescent light you can see the body color more.

Here's some body color shots:

this ring sparkles so much it looks like LIQUID YUMMINESS! :lickout:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back for another gape - your ring really is SO beautiful LS :love:

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Loved more pics!!! His milgraining is amazing!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Perfect combo!!!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Aeolianarpa - lol thank you !

Tannet - thanks for the kind words - I totally agree that AVCs are awesome. I used to have a folder of "cushions I love" because there's such a wide variety of cushions out there, but once AVCs started to appear on PS, the folder completely filled up and I realized that I truly loved ALL the AVCs - they are soooo stunning in person.

Circe - wow thank you so much! I agree re the vintage elements of this design - as MissyDebby said one time, many Leon's pieces have this element of vintage style done in a modern, updated way, which appeals to me a lot and which also fits my personal style too. Thanks for the picture encouragement too - I am trying to take better pix but it's difficult to capture the character of these stones!

Diva Rose - lol - thank you (my photoshop skills are obviously nonexistent!)

LGK - Thank you and thanks for weighing in! I totally love your huge OEC and think it would look amazing with French cut sidestones. I *love* the uniform color - it looks very cohesive in all lighting environments. And yes, I think it will be very wearable for me - I really wanted a ring that would be my balance of style and low-maintenance, especially since I'm wearing it on my RH (I've never had a RHR before, and I'm right-handed). My appraiser said the channel-set stones are set very well, so I'm hoping that with care the ring will be sturdy for a long time. And I'm glad you think it's good as a stand alone RHR too - I actually like the band-on-the-left, e-ring-on-right look for me and my short fingers!

Swingirl - thank you! And thanks also for sharing your thoughts about wearing it alone. I agree that on my hand it looks much better alone - the lines are more visible, and I like getting glimpses of the Frenchie in the gallery. So I'm happy I made the decision to get it sized for my right hand - phew! And yes, working with GOG was as pleasant as could be (I was on their AVC list and I really felt like they were looking out for me), and although I was worried about Leon I gave him free rein and let him do his thing, and it was worth the wait.

Art Nouveau - Thank you for your comments! My ring definitely owes some of its design to your amazing paraiba ring - I wonder if Leon had ever made a ring with a bezelled French cut in the gallery like yours. When I asked for something non-pave in the gallery, he said "Oh, I just finished this ring" and he described the bezelled French cut your ring had. This was after you posted your beautiful SMTB thread, so I jumped on his suggestion knowing it was a beautiful look. So thank you for that inspiration!
- As for total weight of the French cuts, the appraiser estimated that they're a bit over a carat, total. I'm going to call LM tomorrow and see if he knows the exact amount. You mentioned in your thread that the French cuts were worth the extra cost, and I totally agree. They are different but beautiful and I love the milgrained channel. My ring was at Leon's for over 3 months, in part because the layout with the warm stones was custom cut. I knew in advance it might be a month or more just to get the layout, and it was worth the wait (plus I've waited ten years for my dream ring, what's another couple months to get it right, as this is going to be my only big diamond for a long time!). And yes, a tiny bit greater curvature than Win's lucious layout - that was Leon's call and actually I hadn't put my finger on that difference until you pointed it out.
- I also noticed the prongs and wasn't sure if it was my imagination or if they were a bit bigger than some I've seen on PS. But now that you and Babynurse have confirmed what I thought I was seeing, I think they are a bit bigger - which I'm happy with. I'm all about security and sturdiness, and since the prongs are still clawlike and proportional I think they don't compromise the design.

Marymm - thank you so much! Wow, I am honored!!

Baby Nurse - thank you thank you! I will probably post more pix since I have no friends IRL who care much about jewelry, let alone the intracies of diamond cuts/colors/settings! Yes, I'm glad you and Art Nouveau pointed out the prongs - I suspected they were a little bigger, and I'm actually relieved after reading about Harriet's experience and the Thin Rings thread. I think IRL the prongs are proportional and still nicely sharp and well done. I do feel like it's solid but very refined, although I'm still getting used to wearing a 3 ct ring and tending to pay extra attention to what I'm doing with my right hand! I'd love to see your Leon - have you ever posted it here?

atroop - lol "liquid yumminess" - I like that - thank you!

Yssie - thanks for coming back :)

Ringabling - thank you! Yes I'm glad I went with milgrain - I never thought it was for me but followed LM's rec and sure enough it's perfect with this design, without looking toooo antiquey, I think. But tell me, when will we get to see your new Leon?! Is that it in your avatar? :Up_to_something: :mrgreen:

Tacori E-ring - thank you!!

OK now I want to go play with it some more - such a distraction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results