color
clarity

FCD Ring Design

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1387305674|3576246 said:
TL|1387305454|3576243 said:
Really? I love the first ring, especially the design. It is also a period piece.

So sorry. ;( The metalwork is lumpy and knobbly, and the design isn't feminine enough for me.

I think the metalwork and the ring isn't the best because its showing its age. I just love love love the design though.

Oh well, I tried! ;)) :))

I think it's going to be an expensive ring to make because of the organic element, so that's why I was browsing ebay.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dabbled a little with the simplified acanthus leaf design, hoping to re-balance the right side of the ring. It also shortens the overall length of the ring.

acanthus_fcd_choices.jpg

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing really to add except that this is an *extremely* exciting project.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to the finished ring.

DK :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, if you post the pictures of your stones and the ring separately, I can try to Photoshop it for you so the stones are floating more instead of in squares.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
What about these?

c-yllw-eureka.png

c-an-flower.png

c-an-flower-v2.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono - great leaf find!! MUCH better :))

Preg - go for it! :) I just cut the yellow and large pink from Chrono's hand shot on the first page and also the small pinks from a box shot, also on the first page.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I put the second small pink in but the leaf would probably have to be made a little wider to fit it. This (as 1 above) also has the oval pink in the cushion setting you first envisaged.

c-yllw-eureka-2dia.png

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Last one 'cos I think I'm out of ideas - put a white bud in (from the ruby ring) and moved the pear closer to the leaf.

c-leaf-white-bud.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited to see how this actually comes out. What great design ideas!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Starzin!

Chrono, and others who want to help with Photoshop, here is the ring, without any stones. Feel free to add stuff as you see fit.

chrono_ringonly.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Here's my 2 cents:

chrono_ringstones1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like this better:

chrono_ringstones2.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1387312385|3576303 said:
I dabbled a little with the simplified acanthus leaf design, hoping to re-balance the right side of the ring. It also shortens the overall length of the ring.

I like the first one.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Starzin|1387327527|3576466 said:
Last one 'cos I think I'm out of ideas - put a white bud in (from the ruby ring) and moved the pear closer to the leaf.

+1

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1387338116|3576594 said:
I like this better:

MAybe shorten the top leaf abit cos i think it makes the top part look too far out- but great finger coverage....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Yingh, TL, JF, Vel, DK, Starzin, Pregcurious, Redwood, InnerKitten and Greg for your input. Having extra sets of eyes with different perspectives helps. As you all can tell, my version of photoshopping is pathetic at best. :lol: I think with the leaves stretching out NW, the ring needs some balance on the EW plane.

Pregcurious,
I think this picture is most useful because all the stones are in the picture so the proportions are already correct, relative to each other.

loose_fcds.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Starzin|1387323638|3576422 said:
What about these?

these, to me, are more brooch than ring design....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1387371616|3576742 said:
these, to me, are more brooch than ring design....

Ditto, but very elegant brooch designs.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, is there anything specific that you want someone to Photoshop?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1387415500|3577169 said:

Pregcurious,
Many thanks for the offer. Can you please Photoshop the top most design (2 slightly different designs side by side) on this page?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chrono, have you decided to completely rule out a bypass ring? I went to bed thinking about your project last night ::)

Googled a few pictures - not suggesting that you go with them, but just to get some directions. With the leaf design (current direction), the ring will appear big when worn.

The pink diamond is perfect to be presented in a lotus like design, the yellow as a lily or tulip, then cross them over like these rings?

xxx_119_1325316153_1.jpg

47523479.jpg

796961.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh,
A bypass is not out of the picture. Way back when, I considered a bypass but it had to be halo-ed to add size since I am used to a lot of finger coverage. There is also concern that halo-ing stones of that size will accentuate their small size instead of making them look larger. Secondly, I have 3 halo rings so far and would like something different this time if at all possible. There is merit in a pink lotus + yellow lily bypass ring design.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
We can try to incorporate a pink lotus and a yellow lily into the last picture I posted. We may not need to halo the FCD.

_12825.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please, to any Photoshop experts who have nothing better to do with their time. :bigsmile:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1387457369|3577370 said:
pregcurious|1387415500|3577169 said:

Pregcurious,
Many thanks for the offer. Can you please Photoshop the top most design (2 slightly different designs side by side) on this page?

I'll leave the caterpillar to Preg since she asked :) (sorry, this looks to me like "here's a bunch of stones I've got")
Yingh said:
We can try to incorporate a pink lotus and a yellow lily into the last picture I posted. We may not need to halo the FCD.

Some quick grabs. The first one had a lot more leaves but I've pruned them. The middle one is turned to show the pink set above but it doesn't need the pave on leaves or head if you would prefer them plain.

c-3lilies.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Pregcurious, where are you? Do you have the time and desire to create my caterpillar FCD design? :tongue: It reminds me of a scattered FCD band, only that it's not quite as scattered. I NEED lots of sparkles and good finger coverage, and I thought all the stones following a gentle curve with a decorative leaf might be the right one for me. Hopefully, a clean Photoshop job instead of my hack and paste job will help me visualize it better. The other designs look a bit sparse and plain.

Starzin,
Yingh and you could be onto something here. The shank is rather chunky; can you thin it out to a single band instead of a double band? The flower petals seem to devour the stones too although I like them but I'm not sure how to tweak them.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin,
Yingh and you could be onto something here. The shank is rather chunky; can you thin it out to a single band instead of a double band? The flower petals seem to devour the stones too although I like them but I'm not sure how to tweak them.

I started doing that and then I thought I'd put the caterpillars together for you first since you're so keen on them and Preg seems caught up elsewhere.

I lopped off the top of the leaf. They needed something on the left for balance and I tried the oval or a little pink (both made it bottom heavy) but a little white pear seems just right.

Soooo... any of these do it for you? ;))

c-four-caterpillars.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, Starzin is quick. I don't like #1 right off the bat. I'll need to take some time to mull over #2 and #3. Can the yellow pear be flippied so that it is pointing inwards, rather than outwards?

ETA
C1 makes the ring too long.
C2 has merit. I don't have a little pear but have a tiny round that can be used.
C3 is too skewed to the right.
C4 has merit too. I'd like to flip the yellow pear the opposite way (point inwards), and use one of the pale rounds in place of the white pear, then put the tiny white round at the top (from bottom -> oval pink, round pale pink, tiny round white). What do you think?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results