shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite tea?

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
ok so husband is in korea right now. so he is saying oolong tea and i need to try. So looks like i am going to try and find that one in the store to see what he is raving about.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every morning I make a pot of chai, with loose assam tea, chai masala, milk and sugar.
Totally satisfying, and maybe better than(dare I say it?) coffee!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now steeping: organic jasmine rose green tea from Schnoogs Cafe, a local coffee and tea purveyor. It's heavenly!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1448828769|3955338 said:
Now steeping: organic jasmine rose green tea from Schnoogs Cafe, a local coffee and tea purveyor. It's heavenly!

Oooh. That sounds wonderful. Can you send me some...lol!! On a serious note do they have a Bay Area location?

There is a coffee and tea shop in Fremont called Suju's they have a Vintage earl grey (bergamont and lavender) and a Green Dragon tea (tropical green) that I am really loving right now. Totally affordable to buy from them too.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting excited for my seasonal favorite, which Trader Joe's will start stocking very soon. Their candy cane decaf green tea is one of my absolute favorites. I love peppermint green tea, and this is the best one I've tasted, and since its decaf I can drink it any time of day. They only carry it during the holiday season so I buy about 10 boxes so I can enjoy it all year... I just finished my last box the other day!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Another Trader Joe's gem they have carried the past few years is a sampler of 10 loose leaf teas, which makes a great hostess gift for a tea aficionado or for yourself if you want to sample 10 different teas without purchasing 10 canisters of tea! Like others, my tea/coffee cupboard is already full to capacity!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My magnolia oolong is smelling delicious.

Paz

Rough_Rock
I can no longer have caffiene, so my new favorite is Stash Decaf Chai with milk and sugar. I love the taste of holiday spices and Stash has a chai holiday flavor, but not in decaf. :blackeye:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a yummy, decaf spiced chai? I don't mind loose leaf teas, as that is mostly what my husband drinks and we have all the brewing accountrements. ;-) Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jasmine rose green tea and Magnolia oolong sound fantastic. I was gifted with several boxes of Tie Kuan Yin from the Fujian province and I am sold. It is surprisingly light for an oolong, yet has a subtle sweet/floral finish. It is first vacuum packed in plastic, then vacuum packed in foil for freshness.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paz|1449063324|3956385 said:
I can no longer have caffiene, so my new favorite is Stash Decaf Chai with milk and sugar. I love the taste of holiday spices and Stash has a chai holiday flavor, but not in decaf. :blackeye:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a yummy, decaf spiced chai? I don't mind loose leaf teas, as that is mostly what my husband drinks and we have all the brewing accountrements. ;-) Thanks!

Have you tried Stash's decaf Vanilla Chai? It is perfect. Curiously, I find the bagged version better (more balanced flavour) than the loose tea for this one taste.

Paz

Rough_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1449071395|3956423 said:
Have you tried Stash's decaf Vanilla Chai? It is perfect. Curiously, I find the bagged version better (more balanced flavour) than the loose tea for this one taste.

Thank you Lady_Disdain :wavey:

I didn't know Stash had a decaf vanilla chai, sounds delish! :appl: Off to find a site that carries this... :read: :lickout:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stumbled on Taylors of Harrogate's Yorkshire Gold black tea, and have really been enjoying it - at first I drank it as-brewed, but now I add just a bit of half-and-half which brings out the flavor even more.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Paz|1449089870|3956529 said:
Lady_Disdain|1449071395|3956423 said:

Thank you Lady_Disdain :wavey:

I didn't know Stash had a decaf vanilla chai, sounds delish! :appl: Off to find a site that carries this... :read: :lickout:

I usually buy directly from their website (but it is a daaaangerous place!). If you place an order there, be sure to add the Crepe Fair tea. It is ridiculously cheap ($1.50 for 50 grams) and addictively good. I didn't think that mint, cinnamon, orange and other things would blend so well together.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this tea, it's very very good.

marymm|1449092049|3956555 said:
I stumbled on Taylors of Harrogate's Yorkshire Gold black tea, and have really been enjoying it - at first I drank it as-brewed, but now I add just a bit of half-and-half which brings out the flavor even more.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Do you have a David's tea? They have a Rooibos chai and several other Rooibos teas that are lovely. I get one there... Jesse's tea? It's got lavendar and some nutty flavors and I think vanilla and it's wonderful.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The restaurant my husband and I went to for our anniversary had a tea master who turned me on to lavender tea. The tea master was going to mix the lavender with something else but I opted for just the lavender. Yummy and the scent was so relaxing.

While shopping online at luckyvitamin.com, I purchased Celebration Herbals Lavender Flowers tea as an add on to meet the free shipping threshold. Just arrived yesterday and I have been enjoying it the past two days. My order also came with some free trial size goodies which was a nice surprise.

Paz

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1449106000|3956660 said:

Do you have a David's tea? They have a Rooibos chai and several other Rooibos teas that are lovely. I get one there... Jesse's tea? It's got lavendar and some nutty flavors and I think vanilla and it's wonderful.

Thanks Gypsy! They sound lovely, and delicious. I don't have a David's nearby, but I'll make my husband go there on his visit to Boston next week. :cheeky:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to the info shared by this forum and an Amazon gift card I have been able to try various teas from The Republic of Tea. I really enjoy a hot pot of/big mug full of tea. I find it very comforting. So here's my reviews and I will keep it brief:

Luck Irish Tea--a strong but not overwhelming black tea with a distinctive flavor. Very nice as a morning pick ne up.

British Breakfast--another full bodied pick me up, great for facing the day.

Caramel Vanilla--really hits the sweet spot when you are craving something different after dinner--or when someone drops by.

Cuppa Chocolate Teas Sampler--includes Red Velvet, Coconut Cocoa, Strawberry Chocolate, Peppermint Chocolate, and Banana. The red velvet is bland, and I gave the banana to my husband. Of all of them I like the Strawberry choice best.

Vanilla Almond--OK, but the two flavors seem to cancel out each other.

Get Some ZZs--really nice choice when You are winding down the day

Some Twinnings blends: Chamomile honey and vanilla--OK, nothing great.

Nightly Calm. Lovely and soothing.

Celestial Seasons Tummy Mint. Very nice.

My only problem is I am running out of shelf space!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Hu-Kwa tea and spicy Chai.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I love Taylors of Harrogate’s Scottish Breakfast Tea. Strongest-tasting black tea I’ve ever had. Stronger than English or Irish breakfast teas.

Also love lapsang souchong teas on an autumn day. Black tea roasted over pine needles. Very unique.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I'm in love with Laduree's Marie Antoinette. It's a black tea with rose petals, citrus fruits and honey. Also like Tazo chai and English breakfast.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ewwww none !

Gary drinks Dilmar - just nornal black tea
i don't enjoy tea flavoured kisses but i also have to take what i can get !

I like that really sweet apple tea you get at Turkish kebarb shops but its always way too hot

i have a packet of camomile in the cupboard i think i got for some home remedy for some forgotten ailment- i like the smell but it tastes like lawn clippings

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
My very English-obsessed-with-English-breakfast-tea or ‘EBT’ (as I ‘horrendously’ call is) loves Thompson’s family tea (the red one).

I’m not joking guys - pre-COVID we maybe averaged 3 trips a year to the UK and WE HAD 5 PACKETS OF THIS TEA EVERY SINGLE TIME. I had to clear room in my luggage and leave a purchase there for the tea. Come to think of it, he probably only wants me there for the 30kg of extra luggage room.

Don’t worry guys - in lieu of the trips we’ve been getting his parents to ship it during the pandemic which is clearly a very important thing :roll:.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
My very English-obsessed-with-English-breakfast-tea or ‘EBT’ (as I ‘horrendously’ call is) loves Thompson’s family tea (the red one).

I’m not joking guys - pre-COVID we maybe averaged 3 trips a year to the UK and WE HAD 5 PACKETS OF THIS TEA EVERY SINGLE TIME. I had to clear room in my luggage and leave a purchase there for the tea. Come to think of it, he probably only wants me there for the 30kg of extra luggage room.

Don’t worry guys - in lieu of the trips we’ve been getting his parents to ship it during the pandemic which is clearly a very important thing :roll:.

If it’s the red box that says “Punjana” then Amazon in the States carries it!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aveda actually makes my favorite tea!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been drinking Da Hong Pao Oolong tea that I received as a gift from my hosts when visiting China last year. I'm on my last box :( PXL_20201021_134047311.jpg PXL_20201021_134027462.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After years of steeped tea’s earl grey de la creme loose and MembersMark English breakfast triangle bags -

The past 5-6 months I’ve been working my way through Upton Tea’s loose offerings thru their sample bags.
I may not like everything I try- but love the variety of something completely new to me every 4-5 cups.

And maybe find a new go to?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I've been drinking Da Hong Pao Oolong tea that I received as a gift from my hosts when visiting China last year. I'm on my last box :( PXL_20201021_134047311.jpg PXL_20201021_134027462.jpg

Oh I am green (or black or white) with envy. That looks amazing.

My husband turned me to the Darkside and we are those tea people. I was always happy with good black tins, twinning or Whittaker of Chelsea. and Yorkshire or PG tips. He lived in China so its now another level. We have the purple clay pots for each variety..he weighs not measures...thermometer AND temp regulating kettle. I suppose there are more expensive pursuits but hey you only live once

We specifically went to Ilam in Nepal to visit tea gardens. Even Nepalis looked at us like we were nuts. Can attest. Teabags are whatever is leftover. The first flush, 2 leaves and bud or whatever top orange pekoe is called, is usually what they are able to roll into balls and then they magically unfurl as you infuse.

My favorite has been Nepali teas which are basically Darjelings but they do produce some incredible Japanese style greens out of a joint venture. Palais du The' has the best Nepali tea but this year's crops were stuck in Nepal and you can only order it on their European site. Tried Nepali Tea Trader as well, good but not exactly the same. Palais also makes my favorite Rooibos with Bergamot.

While pining for other stuff we drink Pu-erhs, Bancha, Senchas, and Keemun. Our usual sources are Jasmine Pearl and Tao of Tea both out of Portland. Bana Tea Co for Pu-erhs and Chinese greens and Oolongs usually Imperial Tea in SF. We tried Ippodo for Japanese green and it wasn't as wonderful as I had hoped. I think our crap water doesn't help.

I also got hooked on Moroccan Mint when we were in N Africa and just make it with mint and sugar.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results