shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite tea?

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
A pot of Earl Grey made by my beautiful daughter. On a tray, cups and saucers (no mugs...) I

No tea bags ever!

Black - no sugar.

She makes a perfect pot of tea & has done since she was five. Need to teach them young.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am green (or black or white) with envy. That looks amazing.

My husband turned me to the Darkside and we are those tea people. I was always happy with good black tins, twinning or Whittaker of Chelsea. and Yorkshire or PG tips. He lived in China so its now another level. We have the purple clay pots for each variety..he weighs not measures...thermometer AND temp regulating kettle. I suppose there are more expensive pursuits but hey you only live once

We specifically went to Ilam in Nepal to visit tea gardens. Even Nepalis looked at us like we were nuts. Can attest. Teabags are whatever is leftover. The first flush, 2 leaves and bud or whatever top orange pekoe is called, is usually what they are able to roll into balls and then they magically unfurl as you infuse.

My favorite has been Nepali teas which are basically Darjelings but they do produce some incredible Japanese style greens out of a joint venture. Palais du The' has the best Nepali tea but this year's crops were stuck in Nepal and you can only order it on their European site. Tried Nepali Tea Trader as well, good but not exactly the same. Palais also makes my favorite Rooibos with Bergamot.

While pining for other stuff we drink Pu-erhs, Bancha, Senchas, and Keemun. Our usual sources are Jasmine Pearl and Tao of Tea both out of Portland. Bana Tea Co for Pu-erhs and Chinese greens and Oolongs usually Imperial Tea in SF. We tried Ippodo for Japanese green and it wasn't as wonderful as I had hoped. I think our crap water doesn't help.

I also got hooked on Moroccan Mint when we were in N Africa and just make it with mint and sugar.

Wow-sounds like you guys would be so much fun to have a tea tasting party with.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tea Forte English Breakfast

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20201024_121135[1].jpg

So don't pay attention to the chips (they were not very good btw) But its Hibiscus Tea Season!!! This is some of my favorite tea.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow-sounds like you guys would be so much fun to have a tea tasting party with.

Come on over*

*if this ever ends.

My husband has a knack for searching out great teas and we have sampled some really expensive ($500/kilo) and then really reasonable (tea from the garden in Nepal was $.33 for 6oz.) It's a fun hobby and part of the preparation is the ritual, whatever ritual that is for you. I have taken to drinking tea out of a rotating assortment of fine porcelain teacups or appropriate vessel. It makes the fact I am I. My jammies at the computer more fun

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite tea is chai.
I make a small pot for myself every morning.
Loose tea, chai masala, milk and a little local honey.
Divine!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results