shape
carat
color
clarity

Fave Nail Polishes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG your nails look AWESOME...love them both the fingers and the toes...

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread!

For my nails:

OPI "Bubble Bath" Sheer, milky pink
Essie "Allure" Sheer beige, very neutral
Essie "Mademoiselle" Sheer pink, less "white" than Bubble Bath
Chanel "Le Perle" Sheer beige with slight shimmer

For my toes:

Essie "Ballet Slippers" A bit more opaque and better for toenails
Essie "Wicked" Very dark, vampy color
Chanel "Vamp"

That''s all any girl needs!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
For those girls looking for a subtle French manicure, the following was gleaned from an article in Town & Country:

Apply one coat of Essie "Allure" all over nail. Paint tips with Essie "Waltz", then top all with one coat of Essie "Fed Up".

If you have the time, it really does look phenomenal!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this isn''t everyone''s cup of tea, but I just adore this when I''m in the mood for a bit of colour. It doesn''t have much impact in the picture but this colour is HOT pink (J.F Nails, an Australian brand) and I adore it! Although I get sick of it fairly soon and change it after a few days
41.gif

HotPinkNails2006.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi that is a beautiful pink and your nails are just gorgeous!!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Great pics FG & DA!!! I love the colours!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sundial and hlmr! Me beautiful mum blessed me with strong nails... she''s a good woman
9.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any good recommendations for some new darker fall colors? I want to try a few new ones out and yesterday I picked up OPI''s Mrs. Oleary''s BBQ and it is a very dark color, I just heart it!

Anyone else find a color they really love perfect for a fall wardrobe?

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I love Essie "Wicked"!! I have it on my toenails right now. It is along the lines of Chanel Vamp, but less "purple" than that. Here''s a pic!

Pardon the hideous carpet...I''m at work this morning.

wicked.JPG

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock

I like that! It looks nice on toes!

This is OPI''s "Mrs. Oleary''s BBQ". It looks similiar!

olearyBBQ.jpg

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Rosebud, I LOVE that polish! It does look very similar to "Wicked".

I adore the look of shorter nails with dark polish!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Post a pic with the polish AND your ring! I think the dark polish really makes diamonds stand out!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, a bit dark, but you get the idea! I LOVE this color!! This was only two coats, plus OPI''s "Start to Finish" base + topcoat.
It does make the diamond look whiter
emlove.gif

BBQwithring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i read in US weekly that the color this fall is dark dark red and purples, almost black. seems like the Essie Wicked fits that bill. they showed a bunch of the celebs with it on. they said that the only way to do it is with super short nails, not long nails or else you will really look ''wicked'' hehhee. they said squared short nails were the best way to wear the look.

i am tempted to try it but not yet here in CA since it''s still 80 outside. maybe in nov or dec i''ll put the super dark fall colors on!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Rosebud- The polish looks fantastic with your ring. I love wearing dark polish on short nails in the cooler months and on evenings out. It seems to make the diamonds sparkle more!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:26:04 PM
Author: Giada
Rosebud- The polish looks fantastic with your ring. I love wearing dark polish on short nails in the cooler months and on evenings out. It seems to make the diamonds sparkle more!

Just bought wicked! Can''t wait to try it out on my toes.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 7:45:46 AM
Author: Rosebud8506
Does anyone have any good recommendations for some new darker fall colors? I want to try a few new ones out and yesterday I picked up OPI's Mrs. Oleary's BBQ and it is a very dark color, I just heart it!

Anyone else find a color they really love perfect for a fall wardrobe?

Just saw OPI's dark cherry red, something like something "cen-cherry" in the name, it is GORGEOUS, but not black or brown, but a deep deep red...

ETA: It is in the 25th anniversary collection and is called Quater cen-cherry...it looks great on pale skin and is rich and not at all orange or muddy...my next pedi choice for sure, and gorgeous on short squared nails...I would do it for evening but have to change my polish within a couple of days because it will chip and look awful...

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
The exact name is Quarter of a Cent-Cherry . . . I know because I had to go look for it immediately when I read Diamondfan''s post. Like I need another nail polish . . . do you guys have any idea how much I''ve spent on nail polish because of PS? Ack. I think I need a 12-step program.

I''m taking the first step though . . . I''m holding off on ordering this one for now. Anyone have pictures of it?
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christa, I loved it in the salon, you have to tell me if you get it. I have a pedicure next week and am going to a black tie event, my dress is short, chocolate brown satin with black lace and my shoes are black with peep toes, in lace. I thought the dark red would be stunning and I am tired of the light pale pink I have been wearing all summer. It is a really gorgeous shade, I do like red in general anyway but this was soooo pretty when I saw the bottle I knew it was going on my toes next! Web pictures are no good, it looks better in person.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Let us know how you like it! I'm liking the idea of a change from the pale colors I've been wearing all summer, too. Even my Spritzer is so much darker than what I'm used to right now . . . I have fair skin and I thought a nice red would be fun change. I'd need it to be a blue-y red as opposed to orange-y, so this sounds like a good possibility. Stop me before I buy another nail polish!
12.gif

ETA: Diamondfan, your whole outfit sounds gorgeous! Perfect with the red toes. I've been seriously tempted by some peep-toe pumps recently, too, but so far I've pointed out to myself how impractical they are in the rainy Northwest.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christa, I live outside Philly and in the winter we go to a lot of black tie occasions. I wear short dresses and no hose sometimes, because I have sandals on! Of course I have a heavy coat on top but still...I figure, I am in the garage in my house and most places have valet or hubby van drop me off. It is about the looks, after all! No practicality needed when you are dressing up...but he thinks I am nuts. The polish is a deep cherry, no orange at all, I cannot wear anything with orange tones in it, and it is so pretty. I like it because it is not a burgundy (no real brown in it) but also is not a summery type of red. I think you will love it.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I love OPI''s "really not a waitress" It''s such a pretty red but my nails are long and I think it looks better on short nails...I think I may file down and paint my nails tonight now!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2006 5:45:01 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
I love OPI''s ''really not a waitress'' It''s such a pretty red but my nails are long and I think it looks better on short nails...I think I may file down and paint my nails tonight now!!
Sweetpea, I have "I''m not really a waitress" also, and it is a perfect color! I usually wear it on my toes. I might be wearing it again in a wedding I will be in next month, it matches the bridesmaids dresses!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn you PS enablers, and damn me for being a total sheep and going to Ulta and buying like $50 worth of nail polish this weekend! I managed to sneak away from the house yesterday during halftime of the Bears game, lol! Told DH I was making a beer run and what do you know, I ended up going to Ulta as well!

Anyway, aside from my feelings of guilt (although I don''t know why--I rarely spend money on nail polish unless it''s on sale at the drugstore, and I only get mani''s/pedi''s like 4 times a year), I managed to make some solid purchases! I got Essie Ballet Slippers, and Wicked, and a Seche Vite base coat, as well as an Essie corrector pen and also a little promo bottle of "Pink Ribbon" that came with a mini crystal nail file. I love all of it, so I think it was $50 well spent, and from here I can start to re-build my nail polish collection.

Oh, I also picked up a bottle of this lemony stuff (came with a nail scrub brush) of stuff for nails that have yellowed from not using a base coat, tanning, etc. I''m embarrassed to admit that about a year ago I started noticing that my nails were not as pink/white as they once were. I thought at first it was caused by a change in my diet (I went vegetarian last year in Sept.), but after some research I couldn''t find anything that said diet related to yellowing nails. I knew I didn''t have a fungus, because the texture and everything else about my nails is the same, and I asked my last nail tech what she thought. She said it was because I didn''t use a proper base coat when I painted my own nails. I was also out in the sun quite a bit this summer, and had been tanning about once a week this past spring. So I''m going to try this scrub stuff ( you''re supposed to do it 3-4 times a week, then cut down to 1-2 times a week until it''s totally gone.) and hopefully it will work. Anyone else have any experience with this problem? Oh, I also thought a year ago it was from me being a light smoker, but I compared my nails to those of a 60-yr. old lady at work who''s smoked for the past 45 years, and even her nails were not yellow like mine were! (I''m 29!)
6.gif
I don''t have any other health issues, so my self-diagnosis is that I don''t use a base coat at home (I will now since I found Seche Vite), and that I have to keep my nails out of the sun and tanning bed. Thoughts and comments are welcome and appreciated...
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
certain polishes can discolor the nail, and base coat is essential to prevent the color from sitting right on the nail, which is a porous surface. I noticed in the summer that a lot of the pale colors I was wearing would yellow, even with top coat on...good luck!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
In style just rated the top make up items from their readers...polishes are included in the poll! Mademoiselle is the best pink polish winner...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, diamondfan. I remember noticing a couple of years ago when I had french on my hands and was in Jamaica in the ocean that my nail polish turned totally yellow, so I guess I can understand how nails themselves can pick up color from polish as well.

I just used the "brightening" solution I bought--you massage a drop into each nail for like 30 seconds and them scrub them with the damp nail brush, then wash your hands. So then I used my new SV base coat, two coats of Ballet Slippers, and SV top coat and it looks fab and dried soooo fast! The color actually looks like a Sally Hansen color I''ve tried called "Bamboo Shoot," which I also love and will still use in a pinch. I can''t wait to try my "Wicked," I LOVE that dark, vampy look, esp. because I keep my nails pretty short and squared and it also looks good on toes, as demonstrated in I-forget-who''s pic above! Thanks PS--another enabled yet satisfied person here, hee hee!
35.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I ALWAYS use a base coat, have never smoked (OK, maybe a total of a pack during my jr. high years
12.gif
) and don''t tan, and my nails are totally yellow anyway.
14.gif
The "non-yellowing" base coats I''ve tried haven''t made a bit of difference, so I resigned myself that it was the price for keeping my nails polished and just never go out without polish. The polish itself never yellows on me, and the scrub Monarch found sounds like it would require going without polish, which I''m not going to do . . . if anyone has a suggestion for me, I''d love to hear it! Maybe something I can order at the same time I break down and order Quarter of a Cent-Cherry?
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2006 12:49:42 AM
Author: Christa
I ALWAYS use a base coat, have never smoked (OK, maybe a total of a pack during my jr. high years
12.gif
) and don''t tan, and my nails are totally yellow anyway.
14.gif
The ''non-yellowing'' base coats I''ve tried haven''t made a bit of difference, so I resigned myself that it was the price for keeping my nails polished and just never go out without polish. The polish itself never yellows on me, and the scrub Monarch found sounds like it would require going without polish, which I''m not going to do . . . if anyone has a suggestion for me, I''d love to hear it! Maybe something I can order at the same time I break down and order Quarter of a Cent-Cherry?
31.gif
Christa: hi, I tried the scrub tonight and then used the SV base coat followed by polish and a top coat...not exactly following directions, but I figured I was doing SOMETHING to help my yellow nails, LOL! I feel the same as you...I''m not willing to forsake polish, period, to lighten my natural nail color, so I thought I would nix the directions and just try this brightening solution before I polished my nails. God forbid I let the world see my natural nail color, he hee. I will let you know how this scrub works out...and if it does what it promises to, even though I''m not exactly following specific directions.
9.gif
I''ll probably be due for a polish change this weekend since I did my own nails tonight, so I''ll report back then and let you know what color my natch. nails are!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, you will kill me but if you go on rescuenails.com they have a kit that you can buy that has three items ,a base and top coat and something else that goes on BEFORE the base coat and helps make sure that polishes do not yellow the nail. I bought it, along with the polish in style voted best nude and I will bring it to each manicure or leave it at the place I go the most. read what it says and see what you think...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results