shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Grey Diamond?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond was bought with the intention of setting as an engagement ring. I then decided on another center stone. I buy diamonds because I sincerely love diamonds and I am requiring to source the stones for my design. I had no idea I couldn't sell the ones I own but decided not to go with. I am ultimately looking to complete my ring.

Don’t mind me; I just lurk here. But it kinda sounds like you have business aspirations ... which many PS-consumers have had and turned into a business ... but they then hang up their consumer hat and get a trade acct for PS ... and play by the trade rules.

I did get it for a great price for a 1.2 ct, I would resell if it is worth the price of getting it graded. Then again something makes me want to make a setting for it...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-grey-diamond.235116/

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is my first that turned out almost completed graphed sketch of my ring design idea as my example of my intentions. ring designdrawing.JPG

Attachments

• ring designdrawing.JPG
    ring designdrawing.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 75

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Don’t mind me; I just lurk here. But it kinda sounds like you have business aspirations ... which many PS-consumers have had and turned into a business ... but they then hang up their consumer hat and get a trade acct for PS ... and play by the trade rules.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-grey-diamond.235116/
yes in the future I 100 percent would like to work as a jewelery designer. While I am creating my own personal creation, acquiring stones for my designs, I would like to gain a trading pass. However, I do not own a business at this time, nore am I looking to make a living from this unless I can find a mentor... or a job in the industry professionally learning.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Kali, as it was noted, you do not have to be a diamond dealer to be considered as trade. As a jewelry designer even without a business but asking for advice on this diamond here with the intent to make profits may be considered as trade as per forum rules.

Comparing most of the diamonds you listed to the one you are trying to sell is like comparing apples to oranges. Some of them have much higher value secondary or primary colors and most have much higher overall quality.

What would be wise if you are planning on working in this trade is to get education and experience in stones before you invest too much into diamonds that are not worth what you are thinking you are worth. Also do not forget that PSers sell their preloved jewelry here well below market prices. Reselling just works that way unless you are in the retail business with your own customers. You usually take a hit, not make a profit.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes in the future I 100 percent would like to work as a jewelery designer. While I am creating my own personal creation, acquiring stones for my designs, I would like to gain a trading pass. However, I do not own a business at this time, nore am I looking to make a living from this unless I can find a mentor... or a job in the industry professionally learning.

You don’t owe me any explanation; I was just stating what your comments look like to me. You may not “make a living” or own a business right now, but it’s kinda clear to me from your own threads (a quick glance through them shows almost every one inquiring largely about resale value) as well as your own comments, like these:

I did get it for a great price for a 1.2 ct, I would resell if it is worth the price of getting it graded. Then again something makes me want to make a setting for it...

I definitely agree. I will try and sell them once I receive them from GIA. I am having trouble getting the right type of flattering photos however...

... that you’re looking to turn some kind of profit.

I’m just an average consumer & bling lover, not an admin; so I’m gonna step on out of here now and go back to admiring my newest, sparkly addition. Good luck with your jewelry journey! :wavey:

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Kali, as it was noted, you do not have to be a diamond dealer to be considered as trade. As a jewelry designer even without a business but asking for advice on this diamond here with the intent to make profits may be considered as trade as per forum rules.

Comparing most of the diamonds you listed to the one you are trying to sell is like comparing apples to oranges. Some of them have much higher value secondary or primary colors and most have much higher overall quality.

What would be wise if you are planning on working in this trade is to get education and experience in stones before you invest too much into diamonds that are not worth what you are thinking you are worth. Also do not forget that PSers sell their preloved jewelry here well below market prices. Reselling just works that way unless you are in the retail business with your own customers. You usually take a hit, not make a profit.
I completely understand. Thank you for patiently explaining. I will seek out more knowledge on the subject.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You don’t owe me any explanation; I was just stating what your comments look like to me. You may not “make a living” or own a business right now, but it’s kinda clear to me from your own threads (a quick glance through them shows almost every one inquiring largely about resale value) as well as your own comments, like these:

... that you’re looking to turn some kind of profit.

I’m just an average consumer & bling lover, not an admin; so I’m gonna step on out of here now and go back to admiring my newest, sparkly addition. Good luck with your jewelry journey! :wavey:

Thank you! :) good luck to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results