shape
carat
color
clarity

fancy colored diamond necklace project

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
kroshka|1400514536|3676022 said:
As others have said, this is going to be an amazing project! Half the fun is collecting and hunting for the stones :naughty: Could I trouble you for a rundown on the specs of all the stones you have so far for your necklace - i.e. colors and carat weights? How long do you prefer/plan for your necklace to be?

Kroshka

susiegrneyes|1400422523|3675450 said:
Here's the latest incarnation. I got 6 new stones from Leibish last week.

0.40 Light Brown-Pink Pear
0.11 Light Pink Round
0.05 Fancy Greenish Blue Round
0.12 Fancy Grey Round
0.14 Fancy Yellowish Orange Round
0.10 Fancy Deep Purplish Pink Oval
0.13 Fancy intense Yellow Round
0.11 Fancy Intense Yellow Round
0.09 Fancy Intense Orange Yellow Baguette
0.07 Fancy Intense Orange Yellow Baguette
0.35 Fancy Yellow Oval
0.17 Fancy Yellowish Orange Shield
0.13 Fancy Deep Yellow Round
0.13 Light Grey Round
0.13 Light Grey Round
0.12 Fancy Deep Yellow Round
0.05 Fancy Light Greenish Blue Round
0.10 Fancy Light Pink Round
0.10 Fancy Light Pink Round
0.11 Light Green Round
0.11 Fancy Brownish Orangy Pink Round
0.11 Vivid Yellow Round
0.12 Vivid Orange Yellow Round
0.12 Fancy Intense Green Yellow Round
0.11 Fancy Deep Brownish pink Round

3.17 ct total weight

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
TL|1400514566|3676023 said:
Wow, that's going to be a long necklace. If you get any more diamonds, you're going to have to get a huge white pear to put at the bottom of it. :naughty:

If only I could afford that 8)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
That will be one spectacular necklace, and what fun in the meantime, collecting! =)

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh how is this going?!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Why not set and enjoy it now, and then re-do when you get more diamonds a few years later? There is extra cost involved but at least you can start enjoying it now. Also as you wear it you may also get more ideas/inspiration re: how to further grow the necklace...

I think it’s a gorgeous project and good luck!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just here with another update photo of my ever growing collection 20190904_162830.jpg
I had a baby girl last year and I very much hope she grows up to appreciate sparkly things
Oooooh, that will be gorgeous when it’s finished. Congratulations on your baby girl!!! She may have future sister(s) to fight over that collection with!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Just here with another update photo of my ever growing collection 20190904_162830.jpg
I had a baby girl last year and I very much hope she grows up to appreciate sparkly things

So gorgeous! I started a collection similar to yours, but ended up selling a few stones to fund others. This Mother's day I finally had enough and wanted to start wearing (some of) them. This is what I had made, one unique stone for each of my unique shorties. Total of 1.92 cts. DKJPV19 BRCLT(2019-06-18)-  ---3.jpg

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
I have added a few more stones to my collection. I purchased a 0.19 ct light blue round, 0.13 fancy intense purple pink, and a 0.13 fancy pinkish purple for a total of 44 stones and yet I'm still only half way around. I've had my eye on a 0.86 light purplish pink round for the bottom of the drop, but the catch is it's I1 due to a cloud in the middle of the table. Given that it's a necklace and won't be viewed super close up, could you forgive that?

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
id5569.jpg here's the stone in question

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
Another view where the inclusion is apparent VideoCapture_20200621-141931.jpg

I have added a few more stones to my collection. I purchased a 0.19 ct light blue round, 0.13 fancy intense purple pink, and a 0.13 fancy pinkish purple for a total of 44 stones and yet I'm still only half way around. I've had my eye on a 0.86 light purplish pink round for the bottom of the drop, but the catch is it's I1 due to a cloud in the middle of the table. Given that it's a necklace and won't be viewed super close up, could you forgive that?

Wow, what an incredible collection! I actually like the way you’re doing this - sure it’s going to take ages but what a holy grail heirloom, holy moly!

An I1 cloud inclusion would make me pause because I would be afraid the stone won’t sparkle. For the final drop I feel like the stone needs to be a real standout. Tbh I would do a white diamond in the range of around 1-1.5ct, pear shaped. It’ll give the necklace the DRAMA it deserves. And how incredible to have a necklace of colored stones with a big beautiful white drop at the end!

You posted this while I was typing! I love the color but I am not well versed enough with pictures to tell if this would make the stone sparkle less. That would be my only worry.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, absolutely incredible! Love the fancy colored diamonds!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are small. The blues are the smallest at 0.05 ct and the pink is the largest at 0.40 ct. I have thought about including some colorless diamonds to show off the color either by alternating colorless and colored or by adding halos.

I have 2 concerns with going with a full necklace 1) It may not be attainable with my budget 2) I don't want to end up with something I can't wear day to day.

Maybe I could go somewhere in between with a diamonds by the yard sort of style along the chain and the central diamond drop.

can you do a necklace with a removable drop/pendant/cluster?

what a cool project!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

do you have video of it? it may not impede the sparkle and it may not be so distracting to the eye to be obvious, esp in a necklace

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The pink might be worth a try if you can return it in case you do not like it. It depends on what you want, something more budget or if not then save up more and buy a better pink.

Alternatively the white pear idea is awesome. That would be holy grail material. But it does depend on whether you want to add something colorless. Very subjective and your choice.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny for the coloured diamonds goodness :)

This is an epic project!

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
do you have video of it? it may not impede the sparkle and it may not be so distracting to the eye to be obvious, esp in a necklace

I do have a video, but the format doesn't allow me to upload it here. It seems to sparkle plenty

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
The pink might be worth a try if you can return it in case you do not like it. It depends on what you want, something more budget or if not then save up more and buy a better pink.

Alternatively the white pear idea is awesome. That would be holy grail material. But it does depend on whether you want to add something colorless. Very subjective and your choice.

I am keeping to a budget of no more than $5,000 for individual stones.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am keeping to a budget of no more than $5,000 for individual stones.

x 40 = one heckuva necklace

Can't wait to see it. Maybe one of your kids can post back...? =)2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful FCD! :kiss2:

... and what a spectacular project.
It's going to be very very special.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous! I started a collection similar to yours, but ended up selling a few stones to fund others. This Mother's day I finally had enough and wanted to start wearing (some of) them. This is what I had made, one unique stone for each of my unique shorties. Total of 1.92 cts. DKJPV19 BRCLT(2019-06-18)-  ---3.jpg

Hey @Mrs_Strizzle, I love your fancy diamonds by the yard bracelet! What size are the diamonds you used to create it? I'm thinking I need to add something like this to my bucket list!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@susiegrneyes I've only now found this thread and I have to say I'm smitten with your project! It is truly unique. Can't wait to watch your collection grow and for you to set them. :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your wedding and your baby girl! This was a fun thread to read, and I admire your patience.

Enjoy collecting your stones and dreaming of how you’ll design them. It’s the journey not the arrival that matters!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results