clarity

Fancy Colored Diamond Collection

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that green OEC! :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, the Green OEC is my favorite and most likely to end up in a ring one day.
Notice the flat part of the girdle at 11 O'Clock, where the naturals are.

Notice the odd angled culet, probably to save a little weight by following the shape of the rough.

screen_shot_2012-08-03_at_12.png

screen_shot_2012-08-03_at_0.png

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I haven't seen the yellow/orangish asscher before, nor the greenish (?) pear. Very nice to to see them all together in perspective. The NEON greenish yellowish stone is just captivating. :))

I think you need some purple in there. http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/5762.htm

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1343956350|3245152 said:
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get 12 diamond tables to all face the camera when the diamonds are in the curved crease of your palm? :wacko:

I come to admire the collection again, those words make me chuckle. yes, I totally understand! ;-)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
such a beautiful collection, Kenny. I never tire of coming back to look at your photos of them :love: :love: :love:

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should put them ALL in a ring! What I love most about them, is the intensity of color! Would be smashing :)

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
AND AND AND!!!! You wouldn't have to worry about dropping or losing them!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the whole collection on one ring would be a bit much, maybe on a bracelet.

Here's a shot of them up side down.

Notice how the two with the best light performance are the darkest, the D white round and the green OEC round.
The main light source was under the diamonds, but another fill light was above them, hence the glare on many pavilion facets.

screen_shot_2012-08-03_at_1.png

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny,

Thank you for the advice. I am considering a pink, but it is not at the top of my list. I DO want an EC or a round, but for the right stone would get just about any cut. Size is only an issue to the point that I would like it set in a piece of jewelry (ring). I would rather get a smaller stone that is the color and shape that I want. Make sense?

I have been in contact with Ishay Ben-David and Leibish... We shall see what comes up!

SQ

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1344035381|3245606 said:
I would rather get a smaller stone that is the color and shape that I want.
Make sense?

Totally.
FCDs are weird that way.
The supply is so limited, the price per carat so high, and the color can vary so greatly that you can forgive a lot in its other characteristics.

What each of us like is very personal.
I don't particularly like the heart shape or windowing or low clarity, but I love my windowing Fancy Intense Orangy-Pink I1 heart just because the unique and fresh color makes my heart sing.
If it was an asscher with good light performance and that color I'd be over the moon in love.

An FCD safari can take a long time but when you finally get a special one it really does feel like a unique trophy.
I do not get this feeling with white diamonds.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny - I am so glad to see a watermark on your pics! :appl: Great that they are now officially "YOUR" pics!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1344045938|3245694 said:
sphenequeen|1344035381|3245606 said:
I would rather get a smaller stone that is the color and shape that I want.
Make sense?

Totally.
FCDs are weird that way.
The supply is so limited, the price per carat so high, and the color can vary so greatly that you can forgive a lot in its other characteristics.

What each of us like is very personal.
I don't particularly like the heart shape or windowing or low clarity, but I love my windowing Fancy Intense Orangy-Pink I1 heart just because the unique and fresh color makes my heart sing.
If it was an asscher with good light performance and that color I'd be over the moon in love.

An FCD safari can take a long time but when you finally get a special one it really does feel like a unique trophy.
I do not get this feeling with white diamonds.

I agree that this will (and already has been) a long journey. I have upped my budget since I first started this but wonder if I should save more??? It could be never ending then...

Question: since you started your collection, have your requirements softened or are you still as stringent about cut and clarity?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1344048816|3245716 said:
Question: since you started your collection, have your requirements softened or are you still as stringent about cut and clarity?

Actually I've relaxed.
My first FCD was this 0.27 Emerald Cut Fancy Deep Purplish Pink, which I still have.
http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/2709.htm

GIA graded it VVS1 and the only flaw is this natural on a short side of the girdle.
I could get it polished off and have an IF stone, probably over 0.25 ct.

That's a nice start.
Since then I've bought FCD that were three times the price and a fifteenth the price of this first one.
For me it's been all about filling in a rainbow with the best stones I can afford and resisting the temptation of buying large stones in affordable colors which would make the collection seem even more lopsided than it does now.
I'd love to have a rainbow of 25-point OECs in all 12 colors and another rainbow of 35-point asschers. :lickout:
But with FCDs you take what you can get.

I do try to get good cut, but settle for poor cut if the color is good enough.
One diamond I deeply regret sending back is that 0.12 Fancy Deep Blue Emerald Cut.

natural.png

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED that deep blue EC. Was that a stunner!

I am going to talk to Elan on Monday and see if I can also talk to someone at Leibish as well. I have been emailing back and forth with both but want to talk to them.

Fingers crossed!

BTW, what are you looking for next? :lickout:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I've called them on the phone a couple times but since we're on opposite sides of the globe I had to call Leibish at my midnight.

I'm pretty happy with the collection as is, but I do keep my eyes peeled for a nice Brown or fresh clean Fancy Intense Yellow.
The problem is I want a GIA report and a weight under 0.3 ct.
Browns and yellows that small are relatively affordable so they often don't get sent to GIA.
Call me a snob, but I won't buy an FCD unless it is graded by GIA.

I wouldn't mind trading my blue EC for one with stronger color even if I had to give up weight.
GIA is very forgiving when grading blue diamonds.
Mine got a Fancy Intense Blue grade but if you compare Fancy Intense FCDs of other colors the saturation of Fancy Intense Blue seems like only Fancy Blue.
I also wouldn't mind a Fancy Intense pure Pink asscher of that bright, clean, fresh bubble gum hue.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful FCD family shot. I never get tired of seeing your collection. :love:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Didn't have a chance to call today but am going to try to call on my lunch break tomorrow

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Kenny,

I keep coming back to your family jewels... :love: :love:

Fantastic photography.. Love all of them.. hard to pick my favourite, though the green OEC is probably the one that is a little bit ahead than the rest.. love me old cuts....

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Indeed, Kenny does amazing photography work on a very hard subject. Just to add a beautiful collection, who can stop going back to it? Me, just because of my particular taste, am drawn to yellow, orange, green hues; that pure green is something else. I would not refuse the greenish yellow though or perhaps the yellow orange.:))) When can we see new additions?:)))

Patrick704

Rough_Rock
Hey OVincze,

Where did you find your yellow diamond, if you don't mind me asking?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Patrick,

Thank you so much for the compliment, it was very kind of you. I have a passion for fancy colored diamonds, unfortunately though as a trade member I am not allowed to promote my company on the forum. It is very nice to have feedback though.

Patrick704

Rough_Rock
Oh Im sorry, I wish people we could send private messages. I going crazy trying to find the perfect fancy yellow diamond.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
Check the stickies in this forum

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...JUST WOW! How did I miss the heart on the far right???

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is my most favorite, too.....though your whole collection is my favorite!

Lori

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, your diamond museum is beyond beautiful, always a pleasure to look at. Your photos are almost as beautiful -- almost but not quite because nothing can equal the real deals. (I'm sucking up to you in case you want to put me in your will. :saint: )

--- Laurie

diamondenvy1

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow! That is quite a stunning collection, Kenny. Love that you aim to purchase pure colors in shapes other than radiant (and especially step cuts) because it makes your choices stand out. You really have an incredible eye for FCDs. Can't wait to see what is next!!!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The collection is "SAUGEIL!!!" Cannot translate it!!! And please don't do it!!! :D

I LOVE the 0,23 ct Fancy (NEON) VIVID green yellow - what a fantastic color - I love the fluor too. :love: :love:

All your other FCD are great.... I am a bit jealous!!!!

And your pictures..... :appl: :appl: :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Kenny: It's very easy to see that photography is so much more to you than simply taking pictures. It's a love. It's a passion. And the love of what you're capturing goes much deeper as well. What an art.

I'm a newbie here on PS, and I just found this thread. All I have to say is I'm glad it's almost the end of my work day because otherwise I would have spent all day looking at your pictures. :naughty:

Your .08 ct greenish blue pear speaks to me the most. Reminds me of a tranquil ocean. Just captivating. I could look at that one indefinitely.

I can't wait to find more of your posts. :love:

Keep doing what you do, Kenny.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results