shape
carat
color
clarity

falling in love with pavé

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
after seeing all the beautiful pavé e-rings, I am falling in love with them! they are beautiful, graceful, and so different!

I am now seriously considering a pavé setting for my angel''s e-ring, I can''t make up my mind - thankfully I have a year to I can afford it!!! should be plenty of time to decide! or maybe not...
9.gif

so pretty pretty please post all your pavé pics!!! give us something to drool over
18.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Now you''ve asked for it DG!! My Michael B. Three-sided Pave!!

blingblingparade5.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks kinda yellowish in these pictures....but it is ICY WHITE in person!

blingblingparade0.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
and...mandatory hand pic. (sorry I had it on crooked)

blingblingparade6.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think I need a cigarette after all those! phewwwww
23.gif
23.gif
18.gif
9.gif

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Fortheloveofdiamonds, I just love your ring! Never too many pics.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!! LOL!! DG sorry I "stole" your thread!!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Love the Michael B!!! Here''s my pave ring.

pavebez5.jpg

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Another pic

pavebez2.jpg

TLS

Shiny_Rock
FTLOD - I have been admiring your ring for a while, it is absolutely gorgeous but the price tag is killing me so I won''t be able to get it (unless i can get a similar replica)! It is absolutely stunning. Can I ask you though - Does that setting feel really comfortable? also is there any concern about the pave stones in the back getting loose if you hit your finger just right?

I love this eternity style and am thinking of getting it, but a little worried about comfort and also if it is hard to close your fingers together!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah diamondgeezer! come join the ranks of the pave whores!

here''s my ring. technically, the stones are bead-set (and the ones in the basket are collet-set, which is a term i had never heard until i took my ring to be appraised) but it''s a look similar to pave.

pavewhore.JPG

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 2:20:34 PM
Author: TL1
FTLOD - I have been admiring your ring for a while, it is absolutely gorgeous but the price tag is killing me so I won''t be able to get it (unless i can get a similar replica)! It is absolutely stunning. Can I ask you though - Does that setting feel really comfortable? also is there any concern about the pave stones in the back getting loose if you hit your finger just right?

I love this eternity style and am thinking of getting it, but a little worried about comfort and also if it is hard to close your fingers together!
Thanks TL:

1. The setting is extremely comfortable. Not scratchy as I have heard others talk about their pave.

2. I have ABSOLUTELY 0000000 concern about a stone popping out. The setting is so exceptionally made that I doubt any stone will ever come loose..it is as though it is just a ring of diamonds....you can''t see barely any metal at all...yet still ver secure. My appraiser said that the ring was so well done and set that he doubted i''d ever have to even have the prongs tightened.

3. You know, I NEVER have my fingers closed..however, after you asked me , I closed them and there is a little gap, you can see it in the hand pic..but the only time I ever close my fingers is if someone wants to look at the ring or I am taking a picture, otherwise, my fingers are open all the time.

4. This ring is very thin 2.5mm wide and 2mm thick, but very dainty...

I hope you get to have what you want. I know the price tag is hefty, but for me it was the ONLY one....because it had to be exactly perfect and this is the only ring that I liked that was ALL perfect!!

avlatin

Rough_Rock
Reena

That RING is absolutely stunning
23.gif
, is that Leon Megè? Please more photos.
I''m considering something like yours with a sapphire center for my fiancee''s ring.
If you don''t mind, what''s the center stone''s weight?

Thanks
1.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
FTLOD--great pics of that beauty, btw.
1.gif

avlatin--thanks for the compliments. it IS leon mege (good eye!). check out this thread for more pics of my ring than you could ever actually want to see.
2.gif
it's funny because i often find myself thinking how gorgeous a sapphire would be in my setting! oh, the center stone is a 2.07 carat cushion cut.

sorry I have been so long to post, I started the thread this afternoon, waiting to get a book out of the library, (there are popular, restricted books, that you can get out for 3 hrs, or 3pm overnight to 11am...) anyway, I was waiting til 3pm, so I filled my til on PS! anyway... about 3:15 I wander over to the library, but, I had changed my watch this morning, turns out I set it an hour behind, it was 4:15!!! lol, so I went to the library, got my book, and I saw one of my lecturers there, who told me about this reception thing at 4:30pm, so I went up for that, intending to stay for a few mins and come home... well 6pm came... (free £12 ($24) a bottle red wine - not bad stuff
9.gif
), then a few of us (me, this really funny danish guy, and this moldovan/romanian lady with this really strange, but nice gold ring, it was like a kind of squiggle shape, with kind of small pave diamonds on the top, hard to explain, but very nice! I couldn''t help noticing - I blame ps!
9.gif
) anyway, we went for a meal with one of the lecturers
9.gif
which was good, (especially as he paid!)
9.gif
so sorry I am late replying, extenuatiing circumstances and all that
9.gif

forthelove - your ring is gorgeous!!!
9.gif
congratulations!
marriah - wow!
reena - I blame you for making me love pave in the first place!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
lol gorgeous!
I also blame kayla! after all the problems she had, the ring is a beauty!!!
oh, and whoever posted the daniel k split shank ring, I blame them too!!!

so how do you girls get any work done...???

reena

Ideal_Rock
diamondgeezer, LOL! a classic example of the drink-and-post.
2.gif
not to worry, i''ve been guilty of that more than a few times myself!

(anyone remember when i was drunkenly insisting that the breakfast club is one of the top ten movies of all time?)

Date: 12/15/2004 5
6.gif
8:27 PM
Author: reena
diamondgeezer, LOL! a classic example of the drink-and-post.
2.gif
not to worry, i've been guilty of that more than a few times myself!

(anyone remember when i was drunkenly insisting that the breakfast club is one of the top ten movies of all time?)
lol!!!

yeah... I guess I have a tendency to ramble sometimes! I think I will go before I ramble on again...!!!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a peek at my pave ring - it''s a 1.14 RB, the setting is .57 :)

aringcombo.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
another

aringpave.jpg

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
here''s a side pic. It''s hard to get a good pic!

aringside.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 3:38
6.gif
6 PM
Author: reena
FTLOD--great pics of that beauty, btw.
1.gif

avlatin--thanks for the compliments. it IS leon mege (good eye!). check out this thread for more pics of my ring than you could ever actually want to see.
2.gif
it''s funny because i often find myself thinking how gorgeous a sapphire would be in my setting! oh, the center stone is a 2.07 carat cushion cut.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm or a huge emerald or perhaps a canary yellow diamond or a hot pink spinel or tourmaline the wheels are spinning
27.gif

skimmy

Rough_Rock
reena - so all this time it''s YOUR ring on his website that i''ve been ogling and drooling over?! dayam, my brown eyes just went green!!
27.gif
9.gif

congrats on a FANTABULOUS beaut of a ring!!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2004 7:30:19 PM
Author: skimmy
reena - so all this time it's YOUR ring on his website that i've been ogling and drooling over?! dayam, my brown eyes just went green!!
27.gif
9.gif

congrats on a FANTABULOUS beaut of a ring!!!
hi, thanks, although i don't think my actual ring is on his website. there is a similar ring with a rounder stone in the center--perhaps that's the one you're thinking of?
1.gif

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Love your rings, Reena and Treysar. They''re just timeless looking. (I could see either of them with a nice ocean blue aquamarine though I wouldn''t turn down a sapphire in those settings!)

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

Mine:
whiteflash1.jpg

nicknomo

Shiny_Rock
fortheloveofdiamonds,

how much did your setting cost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results