shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
What will I wear them with? Everything!
36.gif

Hehe. Actually, I will wear them with nearly everything... all of my ''work clothes'' are in browns, muted greens, slate blues, or patterned-with-reds-and-browns, and lots of black. All of which will work just fine with a little pair of ''aubergine'' babies like these.

Also, I tend to wear things that are pretty subtle, fashion-wise, with a single element of POW! somewhere. Sometimes it''s one of my hairsticks, sometimes it''s a necklace, or spunky knee socks under my shirt/pants. I''ve done it before with shoes, namely the metallic blue flats I wore to death. (RIP, babies! I miss you so!)

I was looking for ''office shoes'' and the reviews on these gorgeous little shoes were just so glowing (the references to ''SUPER COMFY!'' and ''like flamenco shoes'' made me fall in love
30.gif
) I found myself seriously considering them.

They also come in a range of other colours, although Zappos doesn''t have all the colours... I think Shoebuy has all the colours, but it looks like they are currently out of stock?
23.gif

That''s where I bought them from... for $20 cheaper than Zappos
9.gif

The other pair of shoes that really tickled my fancy were these Pin Up Chick in Green (make sure to click on ''multi view'' so you can see the bottoms and the little chicken detail!) but they don''t look the least bit practical, so they must be admired from afar.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 1:09:37 AM
Author: Mara
very cute gala!! i have been so obsessed with cute shoes lately!

WARNING! The linked video contains language not suitable for children, and if it isn't okay to post the link, please just delete this post instead of banning me?

Don't I know it-- FF sent me THIS video and at first I thought it was silly and lame, but then I watched it again... and the song stuck in my head.
14.gif
Shortly after, I realized that I was randomly surfing online looking at shoes, chanting "Shoes... Shoes... Shoes.... Omigod shoes." while doing so, and kind of bobbing my head to the music... that was playing in my head.

It was the beginning of the end. Now it's in my head all the time, and I am obsessed with cute shoes. After I fell for the Calypsos, FF said "Thank god I didn't send you a video about purses!" but I think I had a semi-repressed obsession with shoes already and the video just... enabled it.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 1:37:45 AM
Author: Galateia

That''s where I bought them from... for $20 cheaper than Zappos
9.gif
FYI - I am a complete Zappos junkie... but what I usually do is find the shoes I want, then find them cheaper elsewhere online, then email Zappos with the website and they''ll give me the other store''s price minus an additional 10%... can''t beat that!! I got a pair of Uggs from Zappos a few years back for like a third of the price they were originally listed. They call it Price Protection Guarantee... and they always credit me the money within 24 hours of my email... great customer service. Just a little tidbit for my fellow shoe-obsessors!!
1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 5:10:57 PM
Author: lovelylulu
in my head, the name of this thread is ''Fall Would-Likes''

here is another.
layer.jpg

Lovelylulu!
I want that white shirt she is wearing under the dress! I want one in white and one in black!!! I love love love it. Where is this pictures from?

Tybee

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
tybee: that picture is from the saks.com website -- way too expensive -- which is why i titled it "Would-Like Thread"

0447754456545_500x500.jpg

here is the sweater: it''s marc by marc jacob and only $158
6.gif
-- but it does come in black too
11.gif

i''m certain there are much cheaper alternatives!!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh darn my expensive taste!
Thanks for the heads up, I should have known!!!!!

Fat tastes... skinny wallet.
Darn the life of a teacher!

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
This purse, preferably in Chocolate Brown!
styledash_coachhamptons_tote.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i bought 2 pairs of shoes online at shoemall.com the other day since the shoe i wanted sold out at nordies...and i found it here. this is the shoe in choco brown. they arrived today, and they are both AWESOME. these are super cute on and just the right heel height at about 2.75" .... i am not a huge heel gal and i am 5'7" so i don't really need it. perfect for jeans AND dressing up for work too. and best part is they were on sale for $59 and original price at nordies was $80.
2.gif

bronx pilar.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and then i got these too since they were also $59 on sale, and i think i am going to return the charles david ones i got since these have a shorter heel at about 3" vs 3.5" and more manageable for me to totter around in and they are super cute on as well. plus $59 vs $120 is a no brainer. hehee.

bronx irina.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!

I finally got my Calypsos, and they are FABULOUS! I love them already! They have this 1920''s/flemenco feel to them and they are just so chic and surprisingly dainty-looking. And these babies have SQUOOSH! The inside padding is insane. They feel sturdy and solid when I walk on them, and just feel like a wonderful, high-quality shoe.

Ah, the siren song of quality workmanship...

The only drawback is they clack on hard floors like a schoolmarm. I am investigating what sort of surfacing could be put on the heels to muffle the noise.

But otherwise, WOW!!
30.gif
The colour is surprisingly subtle, and I''ve already have one clustering of cooing women surrond me at work.
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG
6.gif
I went overboard on the AmericanEagle website today. Thanks a lot Mara.
20.gif

Seriously, though...I ordered like 3 pairs of jeans in dark washes, one pair of cuffed, cropped jeans to wear with some tall stiletto boots I ordered from VS, and a couple tops I thought looked cute and were on sale. From past experience, I really like the way AE stuff fits me, and I wore quite a few pieces I had ordered online this summer and they all held up exceptionally well. I''m typically a very casual dresser (although I love dressing up, but my current job allows me to wear jeans/shorts/flip-flops/whatever), and I love that AE pieces already have that washed-n-worn look...unlike some of my J.Crew purchases--I have a couple things from them from last year that kind of fell apart after repeated washings. I''m seriously careful with laundering my clothing (DH laughs about how many different detergents I have)...so dammit, I know it''s not my fault!

Anyway, I paid a little extra for shipping so both the VS and AE orders would get here Friday, in time for weekend-wear should anything work out, and in time for Sunday returns should anything not, LOL...I''ll report back if anything amazes me!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Nordie''s order arrived today...I found the cutest Kenneth Cole Reaction gauchos:

gauchos.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And these Franco Sarto shoes that are quite comfy:

fsshoe.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this little Chinese Laundry clutch from the Juniors'' dept. for $18 (of course it''s on sale today for $12) to carry on nights out! So fun!

clclutch.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the clutch ... I saw one on girlshop today in tumbled metallic for way over $100! Yrs. is a steal!**

GALA ... tell me more about the calypsos!! My friend talked me out of getting the pink ones for my wedding (thankfully -as i ended up with a cream dress .. baby pink + cream = VOMIT). I love that style though .. maybe I'll revisit the idea when my coffers have recovered from said wedding.
3.gif

**maybe it wasn't girlshop ... I can't find it now! Hello internet history ... please help my failing memory ..:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh monarch how was the AE order? i was at the mall this wkd and i ended up getting THREE pairs of jeans! haha. i got a pair of citizens that just fit me like a glove that i had to have, so they were a splurge as i was not intending to buy exp jeans...but then i got a pair at A&F and a SWEET pair that i am in love with from AE. it''s the AE artist jeans with a slim flare. they are in a vintagey dark wash and i adore them. super comfy and flattering with cute back pocket flair. and i was SO JAZZED to find i''m a 6 now in A&F and AE jeans. hehee. oh and perk is that the AE jeans were $39.50 whereas the citizens were like 3x that. the A&F jeans were cute but i''m not sure i TOTALLY love them and they were $79 so i might take them back and just get another AE artist in a diff wash.

oh random note about AE jeans. i am 5''7" and i got the 6 longs in the jeans and they are perfect with 2.5" heels. so you are taller than me if i remember correctly...but it surprised me how short the longs were. their regulars were only usable for me with flip flops. i think it might also depend on the style of the jeans too...aka the stretch straight ones seemed a little longer to me.

and i got the cutest thin cable knit sweater at AE...and i also got a few cute halogen sweaters at nordies and a really cute plum thin cord button down jacket at nordies too. i love TBD and Savvy at nordstroms because you can find some really quality stuff in cute styles that do not break the bank! perfect for layering for work or similar.

so after that visit to the mall i need to quit spending for a while. haha. i did return the CD shoes i got earlier because i got the bronx ones in black instead. and i am returning a pair of boots to DSW and a pair of short pants to BR...(i only need one). but man my closet is FULL right now. kinda crazy. hahaha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, unfortunately I ordered a size too big in all the jeans from AE, so I have to return/exchange them...I seem to be in between sizes at the moment. The length was perfect (I did order "longs"), and I really liked the straight legs with my 3" stiletto knee high boots from VS, but I could tell they were just going to be too big. *sigh* I also just returned a pair of Joe''s Jeans Honey style that I loved but were waaaaayyy too long (36" inseam? wth?) and they were too big also (purchased without trying on). I really need to wait until I''m actually down to a respectable size 10 to buy them again for $158. I did try on the 10''s but they were more than a bit snug, so I''ll try back again in a month or so. Arrgh. I''m super picky about how my pants fit, and I just cannot justify spending that much on jeans without them fitting perfectly, or else they will sit in the closet, and what a waste that would be.

Btw, just got another J.Crew catalog and they have the cutest favorite tanks with little ruffles in front! You would love them! Shh, dont tell Greg.
9.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

ladies,

this is a bad, bad, bad thread. but everyone needs clothes right

11.gif
1.gif

I''ve been good about sticking to a budget and trying not to splurge, so I basically get something each month. Right now, I''m trying to build up a fall/winter dress collection. I only have a single dress that''s appropriate for the cooler weather and I love how easy it is to just pull on a dress and be done.

I ventured onto ebay for the first time since a not-so-great experience and landed this little number from french connection. The model is gorgeous, obviously, but the dress is a sweater knit and really flattering. i love the longer sleeves. Goes great with boots, flats or heels depending on the occassion:

and the second dress was on sale and I had been coveting it for a while. again longer sleeves:

Anthropologie%20-1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol monarch...greg wants to put the kabosh on more spending...! but i just got an email from jcrew with a sale on chinos and i just tried some on at the mall last weekend and was thinking oh can i justify these? but now since they are on sale and i have a gift card from JC it would just cover it...sooo hmmmmm.
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He hee, Mara, DH just looked at me yesterday and said "what, do you get something delivered EVERY DAY?" So I figure it''s time to start having things shipped to my work addy.
31.gif

Lulu, that dress is really cute! Have you checked out Anthropologie, they always have really cute dresses also.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
the second dress is from anthropologie. they are having a pretty large sale right now, though most of the clothes are spring/summer...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results