shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this looks so warm and comfy, it was foggy this morning too so i was thinking fall warmth!! i love the ruffled tank she has on too.

banana cardigan.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and i love this outfit!

cool banana outfit.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Are those cropped pants Mexx? Saw some quite similar yesterday in the Mexx store.

cheers--Sharon

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s me. But, I see all these "fashion shows" on the morning programs. I''ve yet to see a look that I say "Wow - that''s really cute". Lawmax posted the only look that I thought - gee I''d wear that.

Puffy bubble skirts??????????????
39.gif
I''m a simple outfit girl - but total "boys look"
39.gif
Vest that really aren''t vests?
39.gif
And shirts that either look like P.J.''s/Lingerie or make you look like a gypsy.
39.gif
I''m not buying into it.

Given what I''ve seen - I''m almost looking forward to shoulder pads.
39.gif
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sharon they''re banana! the only thing i dont love about them is the off seam pockets, i wish they had no pockets because for me off seam only emphasize hips. they had none with no pockets!

f&i...yeah there are only a few looks i think are super cute, i like the funky puffed sleeves that are in on the sweaters...and the bubble skirts done right can be kind of cute but i guess you have to have the bod for them and i don''t know that i could pull it off at my age...my sister totally could. still not TOTALLY SOLD on the straight or skinny jeans yet but i do love the rounded toe platforms that are in, right up my alley. i also love the tall boots but not sure i''m going to buy into that just yet. i think i have a few pairs in my closet from last time they were ''in''...hehe.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I love any kind of boot. So, I love the tall boot. My problem is I have NO calf & they look like they just swim around. It''s a big plus to wear skinny pants inside the boot.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
in my head, the name of this thread is "Fall Would-Likes"

here is another.
layer.jpg

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious, but has anyone seen any of the clothing for fall from J.Jill?

win

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I REALLY want this. It''s retarded at over $350. But it''s sooo pretty!!!! I also want a nice black tailored shirt-dress that is wrinkle resistant...some of them, you look like a mess after sitting...

sweaterwrap.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And I love this...I can imagine this over the right little black dress. Ooooolala!

wrap4dress.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MMM--are either of those cashmere???--they looks so soft and drape nicely.

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yes canuk! The first one is!! That I guess partly explains why it''s so expensive. The other one is only $59 I think on Nordstrom.com...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the idea of the wraps but unless you are a twig, which i am not, they just add bulk...i have this cute black crocheted thin wrap i got from WHBM and i love it, it has cap sleeves and it's great for throwing over a tank and tying at the low waist when it's hot out but you need something better looking than just a tank...but it makes me look preggo by tying into a big knot right over my belly. yeah DONT need that additional area filled out thanks. but i like it. WAH! and if it ties under your boobs and you have any sort of big boobs which i do, then it ruins the lines of the drape IMO. so i've been hemming and hawing over them..i think i might get one of those that doesn't tie or anything, but is just like a little short cropped jacket wrap with shoulders and no tie.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have that wrap (the goldish one) before I caught the elbow on something and ripped a huge hole in it
7.gif
... It''s actually made to wrap a couple different ways: you can tie it in front, as shown, also wrap it in front and tie it in back (if you''re super skinny, lol), and you can also just wrap opposite sides of the front around your shoulders. Mara''s right, though, if you''re busty it will ruin the drape. I''m not super busty so I was able to tie it in front, and actually it accentuated my waist, as well as giving the illusion of a little more in the boob area. I wore it with a-line dresses and jeans... it looked equally good with both. I would definitely buy another one, but I will be more careful with where I put my elbows, yeesh!
20.gif
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL..I thought these were MY must haves!
41.gif
On me, if done right and with a high waist line accentuated, it actually hides my belly...all other clothing fairly form fitting, it will still hug curves and it works e/t the sister are pretty large LOL....but each body type is definitely different ...

If you like them, definitely play around with different ones...I would think they are cut differently although a lot of them look the same on the hungry models!!!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I actually have a wrap that is very similar to that gold one but in black (BCBG), and as monarch said you can tie it and throw it anyway you like. It is great with jeans, and or shoulder coverage for fall witha dress.
I am bustier and i think that it hangs just fine there is no damage in the line that i really notice.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
went shopping last nite and crossed a few of the 'must haves' off my list...got a bunch of short and long sleeve sweaters (and some ruffled tuxedo kinda shirts for layering) from jcrew and banana and also a pair of cute cropped cuff pants from banana (they look like the ones at the top of this page), a few of those cutie ruffled tanks (they are REALLY awesome on) and some other random items found at nordstroms. no shoes yet...but i already have tall boots so i'm going to see if those work with my pants. still on the hunt for straight jeans and a thick cardigan, they didn't have the one i liked at banana.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y63A1666-OTH-LF.jpg

Not bad at all--from Guess. Well priced.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y63O2614-BKM-LF.jpg

Another from the Guess website. Could dress this one up or down.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YPGWR063-SLGY-LF.jpg

Casual cute. Guess.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
behind_the_lines_3.jpg

I''m hunting down these riding boots (hheeehhee) from Franco Sarto. Apparently $160 Can. at The Bay.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the_fall_classic_8.jpg

OKOK last picture--but so many cute sweaters from Tommy Hilfiger. $88 Can. at The Bay.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i went shopping. i told myself i wouldn''t, but then i got an award at work...

i did need some fall fashions and stuck to basics, staying away from trends (for the most part)

i''ve never been that fond of button-ups, but this season i''ve given them another chance and am finding them to be quite comfortable. also versatile -- good for work and play
9.gif

78182_WC7064_FA06_m.jpg

77873_WC6988_FA06_m.jpg

78168_BK0001.jpg

and got a pair of incredible boots. i opted for brown. and i couldn''t be happier. they have a rounded toe and a braoder stacked heel, so they are very comfortable to wear!

78915_BR6401.jpg

i also picked up a nice, mid-weight hoodie 3/4 sleeve sweater on sale at banana republic.

this is for work, from ann taylor loft. looks like layers, but is actually in one piece. very comfortable, but put-together-looking

Ann%20Taylor%20LOFT%20%20APPAREL%20%20Sweaters.jpg

Finally, i got a bunch of long sleeved tees from target. at $8.99 each, they are a superb bargain and i was happily suprised by the quality and the fit when they arrived. yup, $8.99
emstar.gif

B000GFHECQ.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS384_V62665154_.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice finds LL! i really like those boots. i am on a hunt for a boot too but haven't found it yet.

i tried on those jcrew button downs, but i'm a little too busty for them to REALLY work super well without feeling like i have 10 extra lbs of material under my sweater. they look cute enough but i felt kind of sausage like under all the material.

but we did find these knit cotton ones in this picture, and layered under the jcrew v-necks (the dream sweater) and similar they are PERFECT if you do not want the stiff tuxedo kind of material. the one on this gal looks super big which you can get a bigger size i guess, but i got a small and it fits very well and then the little ruffles show under the v-neck sweaters and the sleeves are long enough to also show under the sweater. super cute. i got one in black and one in white, they have another style that is only avail in stores, kind of similar. this worked as a great alternative for me to the stiff layering shirts.

jcrew knit.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nice stuff LLL!!!

I managed to find those Franco Sarto boots I posted above and they fit like a glove. Very comfy altho they fit much larger--I am usually a 7.5 and bought a 6.5! Also, I wanted a pair of comfy shoes and found some open toed pumps at Aeorosole. 3 inch heel and brown suede--called Cotinue on their website. Matches my D & G tweed dress which is what I wanted. Also manged to get a brown long sleeved T at the Gap for under 20 bucks and a microfibre long sleeve mock turtleneck to go under my D & G dress when the weather turns.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
anyone else get anything cool lately?

this is a new ''want'' for me...the gray shrug by BCBG. super cute!

bcbg shrug.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought the cutest black dress from BCBG. I looked on their website and it''s not there. I''m going out of town soon and wanted a new dress to wear out to dinner and the show we''re going to. I wanted something other than black but when I was going by the BCBG store at the mall I saw the dress in the window and it was so darling. It has capped sleaves and buttons up the front, hits just above the knee and has a ruffle on the hem, and has a satin tie at the waist. I went in and tried it on and i had to have it. I can wear it with black strappy sandals for dress up or put on a brown turtleneck underneath with brown boots for a more casual look.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, F&Il I would love to have your calves! Mine are typically too big to wear anything but a tall stretch boot, and those are hard to come by, unfortunately! I am absolutely dreading going to stores and trying on boots, because I would WAY rather buy online but I know that I am just going to have to sacrifice shipping and return whatever I buy online anyway... I am cursed with a muscular figure with a big booty, and must always take a plunge once a season to go into a mall (not my fave environment) and try on things to find out what the seasons' sizing has brought upon me, lol!

This year I'm leaning toward just ordering from Nordie's for $5 and returning what doesn't work out, but I HATE going into the store for that reason alone...G-O-D I hate shopping!
7.gif

ETa: this was supposed to include F&I's post above but apparently I forgot to press "quote," sorry!

Also, I am still deciding what I'm going to return from my latest J.Crew purchase...I spent an unGodly amount--shhhh, don't tell DH, lol!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
monarch: i have a similar isse re: calves. mine aren''t particularly huge and muscular, but i have a midget foot -- a size 6. for some reason shoe/boot makers assume that your foot size is directly proportional to your calf size. thus, the calf leeway room on a size 6 boot is anywhere from a half inch or more. however, i''ve found that the leather stretches out over time...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results