shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2006 5:52:07 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I just bought the cutest black dress from BCBG. I looked on their website and it''s not there. I''m going out of town soon and wanted a new dress to wear out to dinner and the show we''re going to. I wanted something other than black but when I was going by the BCBG store at the mall I saw the dress in the window and it was so darling. It has capped sleaves and buttons up the front, hits just above the knee and has a ruffle on the hem, and has a satin tie at the waist. I went in and tried it on and i had to have it. I can wear it with black strappy sandals for dress up or put on a brown turtleneck underneath with brown boots for a more casual look.

That dress sounds super-cute, mrssalvo!!! I love BCBG!!!!

Love the shrug, Mara!!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have skinny calves also and the pull on boots work the best for me, aka from franco sarto typically they have some...because the zip up ones always float around my leg in an insane way!! i was just checking them out online last nite actually since like an IDIOT i gave away my boots like 2 years ago and now i have none! so i have to get a brown and a black pair. argh!! if anyone runs across a rounded toe with 3" heel pull on/stretch boot in brown or black with some sort of shrug up top or buckle or something for adornment, let me know. i''m having a hard time!

i wanted to say also that a bunch of banana''s fall stuff just went on sale on their website...i found some great deals on there yesterday on some of the SAME STUFF i bought a month ago for fall in the stores. i got the cutest pair of cropped Ryan style wool gabardine pants for something like $49 instead of $85 and a button down black fitted shirt for like $30 and one more thing i can''t remember now...anyway..check it out. the bummer is that here it is BARELY starting to turn to fall, actually today is fallish but the last few weeks have been mid 80s! so i haven''t gotten a chance to wear hardly any of the fall stuff i bought a month ago! and now it''s on sale. argh! oh well. i figure i might as well benefit from the sale in the meantime. hahaha. esp since i mentioned over in the detox thread that none of my dress pants from last year fit me anymore, i have to get them all taken in. so i might as well stock up on some new pants. hahaha. that''s my story!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, have you checked the VS website recently? They have some rounded-toe Skechers boots (I know, skechers are a little less high-end than you are probably looking for) that seem to fit your description...also J.Crew has round toe''d boots that you might like, but they look to be larger around the calf area.

I have the opposite prob...my calves are larger (just like my biceps...I am always trying to not "build" them up), and I also need some tall boots in brown and black, although I am searching for pointy-toes rather than round toes. I plan to shop for those this weekend in preparation for a trip to Phoenix as well as NYC to visit friends this fall, and to get me through this winter.

I did finally find the perfect J.Crew ivory coat for moi...and bought it! It''s the double-cloth lady day coat with thinsulate lining, now residing in my closet, he hee. Last year, if anyone recalls, I was lusting after an ivory single-breasted 3/4 coat and waited til they went on sale. I ordered a 12 (not final sale, still returnable) late in the season and it SUCKED. It was the Plaza coat style with thinsulate and made me look freakin'' huge. I returned it with a heavy heart...but so glad I waited til this year and went ahead and splurged on what I had really wanted. Just went to show me I need to stick to buying things I absolutely love, instead of waiting til end of season to buy things I kind of like.

I also picked up a few J.Crew shirts--the slim fit stretch button down is awesome (I ordered it in Tall Med. and it is perfect--I''m 5''10",) and a coupld others in tall sizes...and I got the corduroy riding jacket in Chocolate--love it, it''s such a classic longer blazer style with those studious looking leather buttons on the sleeves, lol! I will wear it for a fall jacket, I think. Oh, and also I got a chocolate down puffer jacket with hood for jeans days this winter--I''m a 36c and I got a large which just fits perfectly around the chest, although it''s a bit large around the waist...but there is an inside drawstring that is adjustable, of course, so you can fit it to yourself. Only drawback is you can''t tell you''ve adjusted it from the back/front view--but that''s the trouble with down/puffy/quilted styles, IMO.

33.gif
I''m going to Phoenix/Sedona in mid-October. I have a chocolate brown Laundry dress i only wore once last year around Christmas that I would like to wear out to dinner there for our "nice dinner out" night--do you think I will need to wear hosiery or will I be able to get away with my brown pashmina and fun heels? Or should I just plan on nixing any dresses and bring dressy trousers/fun tops? I LOVE this dress, though, it''s so flattering...Dh has only seen it once and probably won''t remember it...and I would love to get one more wear out of it.
35.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--check out Banana Republic. They had some cute boots online.

Monarch--Phoenix should be fine for your sandals that time of year. Sedona might be a bit too cool. It'll just depend on the weather.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should also mention that I don't want to pay $200 for a pair of boots...hehehe. So Banana and JC are mostly out since theirs are pricey. For that money I'd just buy a Kenneth Cole pair or something. Franco Sartos are more like $120 each which are doable. But still havent seen any I TOTALLY love with the right heel height just yet. Who knew, 49 pages of boots on Zappos and nothing I love?!?! argh!

Monarch, you should totally check out American Eagle for the fitted button downs!! Jorman and I went to the mall and tried on the JC ones and they were totally boxy on us even though we tried on the smalls. So we didn't get those, we got the soft ones that I posted up above for layering. They are not as 'maternity' as they look in that pic. Anyway, Jorman went back to the mall and found the perfect fitted button down at AE. She lent it to me for my 2nd interview and it looked wonderful on me! I am now DYING for a shirt like this. In fact I am hoping to go get one tonite, hahhaa. It fits me perfectly, and it's flattering and most importantly for me has long sleeve. I have fairly longish arms and sometimes long sleeved items are not long enough for me. These are perfect. The only downer is she said they only have this style (small blue and white pinstripes) and one more so it's not like they have them in 5 diff colors. But I at least need this one shirt. hehee.

I think I mentioned that Banana was having a big sale...here's the stuff I got (they don't have the pants online anymore but they look like the ones I posted up at the top of page 3 but in all black wool cropped with no cuffs). Super cute! I also got a pair of sterling large hoop earrings, I have been meaning to replace my old set FOREVER but just never got around to it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Banana button down...cute on the model, we''ll see!

band shirt.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angora crew in dark green heather. I have this in the striped version and it''s SUPER WARM....because it''s wool. So you can wear it all through fall if it''s not that cold. Or layer it!

angora crew.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that sweater, super cute!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I
emlove.gif
American Eagle! I checked out the button-down shirt on the website, but I have no idea what size to order, or even if it will fit me correctly at all, so I am going to try to get into the store in the next few days.

BTW, Gap has some cute cotton short sleeved sweaters on sale that are very similar to the one Mara posted from BR. I think they only had smalls left when I checked the website, and they look pretty fitted...FYI.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch the one I wore to the interview is the ''pretty shirt''. I wore a size 6. TINY bit tight around the boobage but nothing graphic and also the fitted is PERFECT for layering with a vest or sweater.

They also have a cutie looking ''romance shirt'' on there too. I might just buy them online so I don''t have to deal with the stores.

On a side note, I am SO BUMMED. BR emailed me 2 days after I placed my sale order to tell me that the pants are out of stock!!! I was like WHY is it taking you 2 days to tell me this? How long does it take so pull, pack and ship an order? Mine should have already been on it''s way to me. UGH I hate incompetent online stores...they drive me INSANE. Why have a real-time sale going on if your backend can''t handle it.
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

okay so i went to the mall today because BR sucks and i wanted to see if they had those pants in the store that they were out of online.

i ended up getting another pair of shortie pants in charcoal wool, and 2 more ruffled edge tanks and also a lace edged cami. cute.

then i went to AE and got the pretty shirt and also the romance shirt. AE is hilarious because i swear most people in there are tiny, and the clerk guy is all telling me that ''the big sizes are towards the back'' as i am looking at the racks. as if i''m a hippo. okay 16 year old dude. i''m ONLY looking for an 8. hehehe. anyway, i ended up trying on their straight jean in an 8 and it fit perfectly! it''s super cute, low rise but most of my sweaters are super long OR i do the layered thing anyway so that is fine. the funny thing is that i was trying them on and i guess the style now is the pockets to go down kind of below your butt onto your leg and i asked the gal if that is how they were supposed to look...and she goes yeah see how mine are. and then i said it feels weird. and she goes (i swear do they train them to make you feel like a retard?) ''well get used to it, that is how all the jeans are nowadays''....she said it with a smile and i don''t think she was being mean at all but i was like yeah okay...what am i? an old lady? i knew that.

9.gif
hehee. anyway so i got the straight jeans too. i felt better when i saw a lady in her 50''s buying a bunch of stuff too, so i wasn''t the only non 15 year old in there.

so then i went to nordstroms and uh oh i got into trouble there. i got the cutest pair of Charles David shoes!!!! i''ll post a pic once i find them online. super cute.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here they are. the funny thing is that they are like the sister shoes to the original charles david ones i posted at the first page of this thread, but the store didnt have those there in the store. i just realized that. how funny!! i liked these because they were like black pumps but with a twist. the heel is a tiny bit high for me but i figure i have to deal sometimes. haha.

black cd.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, I totally thought of you and this thread this afternoon. my hubby went shopping the other day and bought a few pairs of new jeans from banana republic. he tried them on in the store but didn''t pay much attention to the style, just wanted to make sure they fit well. today he puts them on and he asks me, "hey, do the pockets look low to you, like they are going down my leg?" I started laughing and said that''s the new style, you''ll get used to it
3.gif
. i told him about this thread and read him your experience at AE. he just laughed and said, he''s not sure he''ll get used to the pockets but I told him he''s pretty hip for 41
9.gif
. I''m planning on going jean shopping tomorrow. The gap no longer sells the style that''s my favorite by them so I''m going to try a few of the brands everyone mentioned in the jeans thread. I''ll let you know how i feel about the low pockets trend.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Mrs Salvo that is hilarious!!! hubby sounds very hip if he is shopping at BR...that is where I get Greg''s stuff typically. Their mens stuff is flattering to his body type. The low pockets thing takes a little getting used to but I feel better about it now. The one thing it does seem to do is visually ''flatten'' the butt a bit. So good if you have a big butt but not so good if your butt is already flat. Hmm.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Went shopping last night for a few fall staples and discovered that all jeans are now made with stretch material...UGH! I have a very flat butt and by the end of the day I get saggy butt from stretch jeans. I bought a few pairs of levi''s and i''ll just have to deal with butt sag because they fit really well overall. They are not skinny jeans...I would look stupid. I also bought a pair of new tennis shoes from Macy''s and some brown boots with a round toe and a bit bigger heel at JC Penney. I found almost the same boot at Macy''s for double the cost (I paid $55 on sale) so I decided to get the cheaper ones. I don''t normally shop at JC Penney''s but they were so close in style I couoldn''t rationalize spending the extra $55 dollars.

We''re going to NYC next week and I get to go shopping again while we''re there. But I needed some jeans pre-trip. I think I''ll mostly be buying staples for fall/winter there too though as my wardrobe is almost all summer stuff. Oh and if I happen to find a great outfit to wear out to a nice dinner and broadway show that would be good too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KimH: I feel you on the stretch denim!!! I HATE the saggy butt/thigh/waist that the stretch jeans give you...when I try a jean on in the fitting room and am happy with it, I want it to damn well stay that way while I''m wearing it! So now I look for the "rigid" jean. Joe''s jeans makes a "rigid" fit, I think, which I will be searching for when I go to exchange the latest pair I bought a couple weeks ago on a whim. I didn''t even try them on first, just picked up my size because it was the dark, dark, wash I wanted. They turned out to be a good fit through the waist and hips, but waaaaaay too long, even for me and I am 5''10", and after I did a couple "squats" and "lunges" in them at home they stretched out pretty much an entire size. Ugh! I''m really more used to jeans that don''t have stretch for comfort and I can try on a size smaller and expect them to sort of "wear" into my size after a couple hours. I really hate buying a pair that fit me in the store, then are too big once I have them on for a few hours, and I get the "saggy" booty.

I am going to GAP tomorrow to check out their dark wash long and lean jeans...I will let you all know how I fare...I''m returning my Joe''s Jeans dark wash "Honey''s" because they did not pass the "lunge" and "squat" test, lol!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Monarch,

I scoured the mall for a decent pair of non stretch jeans that were flattering to boot. I totally failed so stretch it is. They are great on at first, but we''ll see what happens a few hours into wearing them. My old jeans stretched on their own, no need for spandex in the material. Oh well, if stretch jeans are the worst thing that happens to me I guess I''m doing alright.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the AE straight jeans have stretch but it''s not bad at all actually for me...!! i am so in love with these jeans. i need more.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread...fall clothes are my fav!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I wore my stretch jeans for the first time yesterday and they actually kept their shape fairly well. They are more comfortable than regular jeans, so perhaps I just had a bad experience the first time around, or they''ve perfected the jeans since the last time I bought stretch (at least 5 years ago). Time will tell.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0WGS_mp.jpg

Adding this to my list. With some cigarette pants and high heels. From NM.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NMT0XQE_mp.jpg

Oh so wearable. Who doesn''t need another little black dress? Sweet. From NM.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NM-0WFG_mp.jpg

This GUY is a definate must have. For fall and winter and spring and....and.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i went to DSW today and got 4 pairs of boots..they have a great selection right now! two kenneth cole reaction tall boots (one brown with some thick piping and a snubbed toe and one black with taller heels and a bit scrunchy), and one short bootie suede pair from nine west and another cheapie basic pair of shortie booties in black. i really needed new shoes. i also got a pair of the bronx pilar from shoemall which i have been coveting for a while and then nordstrom sold out so i had to get them online, and also a pair of bronx mary janes that i might like better than the charles david ones i got last week. so we''ll see. i think i better stop buying shoes! hahah.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
these are the bronx pilar but i got them in the dark chocolate brown. they are SUPER cute in the picture. i hope i love them.

the mary janes are similar to the charles david ones i got but a slightly lower heel which makes me think i might like them better. if i do like them better, they are only $60 online and the CD ones were $120 so i''d love to save some $$ too.

bronx pilar pump 2inch heel nordstroms 80.jpg

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 4:29:57 PM
Author: canuk-gal
NM-0WFG_mp.jpg

This GUY is a definate must have. For fall and winter and spring and....and.....
AMEN Canuk!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
These were a must-have for me... and they are on their way! Too bad I had to ship them to my FMIL and have her send them to me...

1733-271484-d.jpg
18.gif

I was obsessed with them for weeks, and in desperation, I called my mother to seek justification for getting them. Hehe. I got justification in spades-- thanks mom!

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Very cute and unusual, Galateia! What will you wear them with?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very cute gala!! i have been so obsessed with cute shoes lately!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results