shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Must-Haves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Mara...I just have to say I''ve fallen in LOVE with that first pair of shoes you posted. I''m debating buying a pair since I a) can''t try them on and have to guess that my normal size will fit and b) how long is this style going to be in style? Here in Korea I don''t have many opportunities to wear anything more than jeans and a tshirt (though I rarely wear tshirts, I mainly wear capris and a nice tank top with cute sandals) so while I''d love to have a pair, I''d want to be able to wear then when I make it back to the states, which won''t be until next summer. :(

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
alright..ya''ll have brought me out of lurkdom. i just finished a 33 hour workday and am practically passsing out from exhaustion but i NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GET THAT SKIRT!!! LINDSEY!!! I have been looking for something similar forever and here you just pop up with it with no information on how to obtain it...what a tease!

i would like to ditto all the houston ladies....i love love love fall/winter wear and we do not have nearly enough days here to really enjoy our cooler weather wardrobe. i am a jacket/coat/scarf/boot freak and never get to indulge...
8.gif
well...i usually end up buying itanyway though cuz its too cute and i can''t help it
17.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ginger-- i thought that the picture looked like an ann taylor picture, so i just went to the website and lo and behold when you click on the skirt section it is the main picture, but it doesn''t seem to be an option for purchase. maybe it''s sold in the actual stores?

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
thanks lulu! and boooooo....more teasing! i guess ig otta stop by ann taylor and hope they carry it an in my size!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
63408_frt

I really like the idea of a corduroy shirt dress

plaid%20dress.jpg

I think this is a good way to wear plaid without being frumpy

78915_BR6401.jpg

I almost always opt for brown over black (definately in the minority, i know) and i really like the stiching detail at the top of this boot. plus the forgiving rounded toe and stack heel are perfect.

78804_NA6765_FA06_m.jpg

I don''t normally wear sweatshirts, but for some reason this just seems so sublimely soft and comfy

blackpants.jpg

I think that these pants are genius -- sweatshirt material, but tailored. i love non-sloppy comfort...

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Good and bad news... the skirt IS from Ann Taylor but it is sold out online. I found that out last Friday, ran to my nearest store and they had plenty. Try calling the stores around you, it''s called something like "pintuck skirt with lace petticoat." If you have an Ann Taylor card, there customer service gets much better -- call a store, tell them what you want, and they''ll call around for you instead, find it in your size, and will mail it to you for free. Can''t beat that! Either way if you still want the skirt, there''s a good chance a store around you will have it. Good luck!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
lulu- i have that sweatshirt, well similiar, in cashmere and adore it! it''s really comfy and cozy.
5.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
j.crow: cashmere would be even better
emlove.gif

sadly, i just spent a fair amount of my clothing budget on work clothes i.e. suits, which i think is quite possibly one of the saddest, least satisfying ways one can spend money on clothes other than dry cleaning
14.gif
. darn job.

but a girl can hope for more fun threads.

i would really like to find some sort of sweater dress. this one is from banana republic and not quite right, but i think it''d be a great fall piece. i love dresses because they''re so easy.

br417826-00vliv01.jpg

br417225-00p02v01.jpg

they also have this one which i might like better

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu -- I''ve heard raves about the Anthropologie sweater dress -- super cute and $168, haven''t gotten to see it in person myself but it looks fab online. I''ve also heard good things about the basic sweater dress from Express which is only $50 bucks -- can''t beat that. But from the looks the Anthropologie is cuter to me.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
lindsey -- i think that anthropologie is my downfall...i've been eyeing that dress, and many others...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--What is the model number for the Levi''s jeans you posted?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here's the link ID...they only have 7 and 9 left as they are on clearance apparently!

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2165321&cp=2069959.2075212.2075224&parentPage=family

i'm tempted to try the 9's but i'm not that familiar with levi's fit so i don't know if that is the right size for me.

i like these straight ones too:

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2076869&cp=2069959.2075212.2075224&parentPage=family

in the shadow stretch (99/1) blend. they have 3-4 color washes and all size ranges in that one. looks kinda similar if you click on the color wash it changes the picture.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i just got this dress. vintage from anna sui. a huge bargain. from a great website called

www.etsy.com -- amazing stuff!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
that first black dress -- need to wear a slip!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m looking forward to the opaque black or brown tights worn with skirts. This look was "in" about 9 or 10 years ago, right? I''m glad to see it back because it''s flattering on everyone. I''ve also seen opaque tights with textured patterning on them that look very cool. I''ll wear them with dark-colored shoes and both short and long skirts. Yay!!! (and I won''t have to shave, hehe)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
here is that dress, for some reason the drop and drag didn''t work with that particular photo

anna sui dress.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--Thanks for the info on the jeans. I really like the first pair better but I''m not sure about a 9 either.

The 2nd pair is also available at some regular retailers like JCPenney and Kohl''s so you could try them on first.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Lu I''ve wanted that red corduroy dress for weeks!!!

My wish list is a pair of jeans with the front crease - can only find by Paige and wasn''t planning on spending $189 for denim...

_5209621.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
That is so funny -- I too have been craving the jeans with a front crease -- much easier to wear to work as they''re dressier. But I heard that you can take them to a tailor and have a permanent crease put in -- apparently it''s really high heat. I''m going to give it a shot!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own that pair of paige jeans, and it is worth every penny! I''m normally the type of person who skimps on stuff (I don''t have a car or cable TV, and I don''t eat out much, etc), but I tried these jeans on and I had to have them!! I am soooo glad I bought them, I wore them practically everyday until I wore a hole in them about a year 1.5 years later (I really wore these a lot)!!!! I just purchased my new pair and I have fallen in love all over again. The good news is that although these jeans are expensive, they have saved me money since I haven''t bought any other jeans in the last year. They are versatile, well fitting, and the perfect shade of dark blue that matches with everything, I haven''t needed to buy another pair.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i have two pairs of paige jeans -- one is sits a bit lower on my waist (laurel canyon) and the others are the hollywood hills style. i too love them. I know that the price is insane, but i was able to get mine from revolve clothing on sale and for an additional 20% which made them quite a bit more affordable.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m currently obsessed with ANYTHING (and I do mean everything) from the british clothing co. Boden. As a mom at home with the kids, I''m really into their skirt-and-boots casual fun look. I just bought their pull-on boots in brown and some great skirts, tops and light knit sweaters and I''m having so much fun with them.

But here is my current obsession, the Gustto Baca...and I''m not a handbag gal...I''m trying to talk myself out of it. I normally wouldn''t gravitate towards it but I found it at Nordstrom''s and touched it and ALMOST DIED. I went home and told my husband that I almost had sex with a handbag. More buttery squishy soft than you could ever imagine. But not being a handbag gal, the $695 pricetag is way too much. Although I did just find it online for 30% off...hmmmmmm........
11.gif

baca.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ooooh those pull-on boots look great. are they comfortable. i''m looking for a pair of brown boots with either a stacked heel or something flatter like the bowdens...but that purchase is going to have to wait for a bit
39.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 4:04:36 PM
Author: lovelylulu
ooooh those pull-on boots look great. are they comfortable.
I''ve been wearing them for a week and love them. I ordered three pairs of brown tall boots from Nordstrom so that I could have them all at home and decide, and these won my heart hands down. The others were all zip boots, and while I liked the ankle-hugging aspects of the zip ones, the Boden boots struck the perfect balance I wanted between casual and nice. The leather is gorgeous and they are a bit more authentic looking...rustic? richer leather? I don''t know how to describe it.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i love that they are pull on and don''t look too clunky

-- hopefully, i''ll get my raise soon and can justify more fall purchases
11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Kenzie and Mac & Jac have some really nice things in their Fall lineup, and the price point is unbeatable. Some items featured in Sept's. Vogue. Not able to click and drag any specific pics, but their site is great:

www.kenzieclothing.com

cheers--Sharon

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
oohh - sharon, i love their sweaters. do you know if any of kenzie''s clothing can be purchased online? for some reason the link that is supposed to tell me where their stores are located doesn''t work

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2006 4:14:14 PM
Author: lovelylulu
oohh - sharon, i love their sweaters. do you know if any of kenzie's clothing can be purchased online? for some reason the link that is supposed to tell me where their stores are located doesn't work
HI:

LLL: I am sorry, I do not know about the online connection. I have purchased Kenzie and M & J at The Bay (large retail chain, used to be Canadian owned, but purchased a year ago by an American group), and at several boutiques around town. I don't think I ever pay more than 75 Canadian bucks for great looking sweaters (yes, even with Cashmere!) and I throw everything in the washing machine. Just cute stuff!

The Kenzie site did show two stores--one in LA (Promanade?) and one in Seattle, but I doubt that helps you much. They did have thumbnail where you enter your address and a "list of stores" that sold the merchandise supposedly would pop up.

Good luck--the stuff is good quality and for a song; it is worth looking out for!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a few more must haves for moi...

banana light vneck.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is SUPER cute on the model...hmmm.

banana slouchy vneck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results