shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Matt and I walked 3 miles last night, but only 2 tonight because it started raining. I did better with my diet dew today. I only had one...but it was a 24 oz bottle, and I also had a can od diet coke and a can of diet dr pepper...and I'm drinking another diet dr pepper right now. I'm such a caffeine addict! I did drink 4-24 oz bottles of water too, so maybe that counteracts the caffeine some? I worked late, so we stopped on the way home at Cracker Barrel for dinner. I had dumplings, green beans, and carrots-good comfort food. I also had 1/2 serving of pumpkin custard topped with a gingersnap. It was very tasty!

Marcy-I got my iPad back case today. It doesn't work great with my smart cover, but I think I can make it do. Do you like yours? I hope work is going okay...

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't check in last night. I went to supper with a friend then we went shopping. I ate chicken which I am allergic too and I got pretty sick last night. Then I sat up until after midnight last night sipping 7 Up making sure I was okay tom go to bed. It was a short night. The only reason I went to work is because I knew I'd catch a lot of grief about chicken making me sick. I think I am done with it. Rats.

Today we a long day at work mostly because I felt bad. I worked on procedures for most of the day because they needed to be done and it gave me something to do. I had lean cuisine Mac and cheese for lunch and a junior cheeseburger and a baked potato for supper. I am working on laundry and brought in my Target purchases from last night.

Marty is enjoying the beautiful weather in Arizona. A friend of his at work pulled me aside about a going away gift for him. Usually people get a picture of our facility and everyone signs it. He found a picture of Marty leaving work in his big red pickup that looks cool because the headlights are streaked out. He said he'd print out that picture and put something on the picture like "why they put in 15 mph speed limit signs". The funny thing is he wants to wrap it with something outside saying from all your friends at work and then only he and I will sign it. He will of course get a second picture and have everyone sign it.

Deegee, I am jealous your back cover showed up. I didn't have any mail after work. Darn that it doesn't work well with your smart cover. Mine should be here tomorrow. Cracker Barrel sounds great. Glad you got in a few miles of your walk before it started raining. Sorry to hear work is so stressful. I am sure struggling myself. That is funny you guys were doing yard work this weekend and we were inside with a snow storm. Yes, our spare bedroom and computer room have a lot of stuff in them much of which we need to get rid of, at least it is making our house bigger. Marty still wants to build a room in the basement but I am happy to get rid of stuff. We just used our iPads for FaceTime. That is really nice to get free chatting time online.

Speaking of laundry my buzzer is whining. Take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I went to the mall after work to pick up some CD / DVD cases for our "reorg" and then came home and started working on our "toy" room. I put all my astronomy books on the bottom of the bookcase, threw out a ton of my teaching / astronomy things and have 1/2 of our storage closet open for what Marty might need for his office. Then I tackled the filing cabinet. I think most of my part in there is done. Marty gets back from his business trip tomorrow night.

Deegee, I got my case today and my smart cover won't stay on at all. The image is pretty but it looks like a few spaces didn't stick. I don't know if I will keep it or not. I like how it looks and it seems more sturdy that the Belkin cover I picked up at Target. Rats.

Well, since I didn't get much sleep again last night I am going to get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I am waiting for Marty to get back from the airport. I went to supper with a friend and started to get a horrid headache while in was there so I hope it gets better with a few Advil. Ask. It feels like my sinuses.

I am trying to download the new IOS for my iPad and it doesn't seem to be taking. My Mac started to download a big update for Lion so I will try again when it's done. It has been downloading for about 30 minutes.

We have tomorrow off so we are going to do some shopping.

Take care.
Marcy.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I have spent all evening updating my laptop and downloading & installing the new iOS software for my iPad and iPhone. Geeezzz..it took forever! Lily and I have been hanging out all evening. The VP of Matt's company was in town today, and he took Matt and a few others out to dinner. It doesn't seem fair that Matt got to eat at the swankiest restaurant in town and I had leftover spaghetti from 2 nights ago. Hmm. It has been pouring rain since lunchtime, so no walk today. For this only being a 4-day workweek for me, it has been a long week...and there's still one day to go. Boo!!!

Marcy-I'm not sleeping well either. I fall asleep pretty quickly when I get in bed around 12:30, and then I wake up at 3 and can't go back to sleep. What's up with that? I think mine is work stress because my mind won't stop racing when I wake up. How about you? I think I'm going to send my cover back. It's so pretty though! I searched on Amazon for smart cover compatible cases and a bunch pulled up. I ordered one of those, but it's not pretty. It sounds like you're taking your reorganization project very seriously. Matt's office is in desperate need of an intervention, but I usually just try to avoid the room. The clutter drives me insane. I hope you were able to keep your headache away, and I'm sorry to hear you had such a reaction to chicken! That's a staple in my diet.

Have a great Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, i finally have my iPad up and running. My iPhone is syncing and updating now. My Mac updated programs for almost an hour. Wow. I have no idea yet if everything it set up right. I am going to send mine cover back too. Rats. I swear it said it would work with the smart cover. We are going to be at an Apple store tomorrow so I will see what they have. Darn it anyway. I like my nebula picture.

Later
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a fun day. We headed off to Denver. Marty likes Bell & Ross watches and today they were having a specially designed Harley on display that is decorated up with Bell and Ross logos, designs, etc. We ended up getting Marty a new watch for his birthday. I got a new digital frame. I had one from Target but it doesn't auto correct display - horizontal or vertical and so I got a Sony frame. It is so much nicer.

Then we went to my favorite jewelry store to get my jewelry cleaned and checked. Every time I've been there recently I ask if they have any peach sapphires. Today they had a few and I bought one. It is a 6mm heart. I picked a yellow gold ring that has open hearts on the side. It will be a really simple ring but I think I'll like it.

Marty walked next door to the Mercedes dealer. He found a used C class that was a great price so we took it for a drive. The salesman sure thought he had a sale but I think Marty will wait a while before getting a commuter car to the airport. We also looked at their E class which is comparable to our A6. It wasn't that much more expensive then we found out if we need service they send someone to come get our car (100 miles away) and leave us a loaner. I need service on my Audi (50 miles away) so I am sure going to mention that to my salesman there.

We stopped about 1/2 way home at a Rock Bottom restaurant. I had a small pizza and brought most of it home for lunch tomorrow.

Deegee, I just sent an email about returning my case. We were going to look at cases in the Apple store today but the line was unreal to get in the store. I know they wanted the new iPhone and they would have let us in to look around but I decided I didn't want to look at cases that bad.

Well, take care. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I got a refund already from Cafepress. They told me to just keep it. Wow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I just filled out the online return form. I'm just hoping to get my $$ back. They must have very little money in them if they can issue a refund and not require the item back! I just got notification that the case I ordered from Amazon has shipped. Woo-hoo! I'll let you know how it turns out. Sounds like you & Marty had an awesome day in Denver. I like the Mercedes E class. I think the C class is about the size of my Infiniti, and there wasn't t much room in that car. Matt's knees rubbed the dash. I'm glad to hear Marty got a nice birthday present. Did you guys do anything to celebrate his new job? Matt and I haven't done anything to celebrate his promotion, and I feel bad about that. I got a halo bezel pendant when I got promoted, and Matt hasn't bought anything special for himself. I'm going to have to encourage him to do something. I've never seen a peach sapphire. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Matt is going to a football game with a friend, so I am heading to the mall. My group started decorating our section for Halloween at work yesterday, and we have big plans. I'm off to see what spooky things I can find. I'll take a few pics when we have our masterpiece complete! Have a great day!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-thanks so much for posting that about your case! I was procrastinating (as usual) to fill out the online return form because it's so hard to get to the post office to return things. I can't tell you how many times WF had to send me a return authorization because it would expire before I could get to the post office. As soon as I read your post, I went online and filled out the return form. I got the same email you did...already refunded & keep the item. That was easy! Woo-hoo!!!

I went to the mall while Matt was at the football game. It was so crowded, almost like Christmas time. I had to park so far away that I'm counting it as part of my walk for today. I bought Halloween & Christmas decorations, both for work, at Hobby Lobby. At Macy's I bought more Fiesta pasta bowls. They're the perfect size, and I could only find 2 at the Fiesta store last week. I bought 6 more in red, blue, & gold. My dishwasher looks so festive when it's loaded! Matt just got home and neither of us feel like going back out, so we just ordered pizza and salad for dinner. That was it for my day. Have a great night!

Oh marcy-have you ever looked into the National Weight Control Registry? It's a research group that follows people who have lost more than 30 pounds and kept it off for more than a year. I requested information from them about joining the study. I thought it might be a good way for me to stay accountable with exercise and food.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am glad you got your money back too. You are right they must not cost much to make. Let me know what the cover from Amazon is like. I might see if Marty can cut my cover to fit now that it doesn't matter if it fits. We only went out to dinner to celebrate Marty's new job. Work is having a going away party next week but it's after work at a local restaurant. I did write him a poem with the last lines " we heard him explain as he sped out of sight, best wishes to all and I'm not leaving my phone on at night.". We found a picture of him leaving work at dusk and his headlights are streaks behind the truck so it looks like he is going really fast. I put that picture on the bottom of the page. A guy at work and I are giving him a cheesy picture printed on paper "from all your friends at work" and just he and I are signing it. Then he'll get the real picture that people will sign. Sounds like you should do something special for Matt and surprise him. Sounds like you had fun shopping. I bet your dishwasher is very colorful with all of your dishes. Fun. I will check that registry out. Thanks. We did like the Mercedes. I don't know if they handle as well as our car but we won't be looking for a few years anyway.

I am pretty sore tonight. Cleaning out the house, then shopping all day yesterday then shopping and more housework today. I am pretty lazy right now. Marty got some documents from his new job to go over. I am just offering moral support.

Laters
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, the peach sapphire is a medium orange with a little pink in it. They had a larger one that was more pinkish but the cut wasn't as nice. I usually like diamond accents with a gemstone but the band is decorative enough I really liked it. It should show up for me at work on Tuesday.

I made French toast for breakfast and started some BBQ ribs in the crock pot for lunch. I bought quite a few ribs so I could cutoff the fat on them. These were actually very lean. I will make some potatoes to go with them. Leftovers for lunch. Yay.

Have a great Sunday.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the ring I got for the peach sapphire.

PchSapSamp.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I googled peach sapphire... very pretty. It will look great in that setting you posted. You'll have something to look forward to at work tomorrow. How fun! I bet our poem for Marty is perfect, and too cute that the found a picture of him leaving. He won't know what to do when he starts getting a full night of sleep regularly. You either. I bet he gladly hands over that bat phone. My crapberry is dead in my desk drawer. I refuse to carry that thing around anymore. We're supposed to be getting new phones soon, but I'm not looking forward to carrying around 2 iPhones.

Lily Pie is extremely needy for some reason and she keeps sticking her head und my hand while I try to type and I keep having to correct mistakes. I keep telling Matt that she needs me to be a stay at home doggie mom. I told my boss that too, and got a very dirty look in return. My awesome staff sent me a beautiful Fall flower arrangement for Boss's Day, which I never remember for my boss until my staff gives me a gift. I always feel so bad that they spend money on me. I had planned to treat them to lunch one day next week to thank them for being so great while I have been out due to the computer project. We'll have to go someplace extra tasty. I had leftover grilled chicken from Chili's for lunch and I made tacos for dinner. I still have a bunch of points left, so I'm either going to have ice cream or beer. I have points for both, but that doesn't sound like a good combo. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am anxious to get my ring tomorrow. I always worry if I really liked it but I am sure I'll be happy with it tomorrow. If not I can always return it or exchange it. Marty did turn in his bat phone already. It of course they call his cell phone anyway. 4 more days for him. Martybwillmhave to be carrying around 2 phones again next week. Sorry you will have 2 phones again soon. Aw that Lily wantsI your attention. I hope she is okay. How fun to think about being a stay at home "mom". That was very nice of ytour employees to send you flowers. Ice cream and beer do not sound like a good combo.

We had chilly weather here today with rain. I went to a funeral at 10 am today. We had leftovers for lunch and a casserole for supper. We ad e catching up on some Top Gear episodes tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Work was less than fun today but hey I only had to stay 45 minutes late. :appl:

I bought Taco Tuesday for supper. I love inexpensive suppers. I gave Marty a coffee almond ice cream bar and I had a weight watches chocolate bar and I am just setting here waiting for NCIS to start.

I got my peach sapphire ring today. It really changes color in different lighting. In really bright lights it is pretty orange, in other lighting it is the peachy color. I will take pictures of it tonight or tomorrow night.

Marty had to go to work last night so he slept in today and came home early. It is hopefully is last night trip to work. 3 more days to go. Wow.

Well, I am off to get my rings cleaned and get settled to a lazy night on the couch. I could do a batch of laundry but don't think I will. When Marty is tried sometimes he will go to bed by 8 or 9 then I have to find places to hang up our clothes.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to hear your ring came in today, Marcy. Do you love it so far? I cant wait to see pics! Can you post pictures from your ipad? Sorry you had a less than fun day at work. Is it time for vacation yet??? My new iPad case came in today, and it fits perfectly. I got it on Amazon, and the brand name is I-blason. It feels like a pretty nice case - it is a hard case, yet it has a rubberized feel to it that helps me hold on to the iPad and it's very lightweight. I bought black-they come in colors to match the smartcovers. I think it's going to work perfectly. I also ordered a stylus that you can hook in the headphone slot with a tether (did that make sense?) and I'm really liking it too. I kept misplacing my other stylus since I couldn't hook it to anything. I use the note taking app Noteshelf a lot at work. I went to a meeting yesterday and discovered that I had grabbed an ink pen instead of my stylus! D'oh! My new notebook computer came in at work today, but I'm in meetings so much this week and I use my laptop I the meetings, so I don't think they'll be able to switch them out yet. Bummer.

I'm trying to get to bed since I have to get up extra early in the morning, but it's 12:00 and my mind is still racing from the day. I was in meetings for most of the day, and have meetings from 8:30-12, 2-2:30 and 2:30-5 tomorrow. When do you get to get work done when you're always in meetings? I think that's why I'm having so much trouble sleeping lately...my mind is on overload. I made pizza for dinner and then called & talked to my mom for a few hours. We're having thunderstorms so no walk tonight. I need to find a book for a good light read. The new Stephanie Plum book comes put next month, I think, but I didn't love the last one. I'm sure I'll read it anyway. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, thanks for the update on the case. I just ordered one. I got just the back cover, is that what you ordered? I see they have a case for both the front and back but that will make it pretty thick. The stylus that fits in the earpiece slot sounds like a great idea. I have a stylus at work and at home so i don't have to carry one around. I am glad you got your new notebook at work. My laptop should be in soon but then they have to set it set up with everything for me to log in remotely so that will take a few days. I am sure your mind is constantly going over work since you are in meetings all day and you keep thinking about things you need to do. I hate when lay awake just thinking about things. Our pizza sounds delicious. I don't know what I will cook tomorrow. I didn't plan well for suppers or lunches this week. I have some frozen entrees for tomorrow. I wish it was time for a vacation. I need to schedule service on my car so I may have to take time offer that. I need the 15,000 mile oil change, have them rotate the tires and fix the side assist in my side mirrors. They quit last week. I have to drive 45 miles to get service. Rats.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I just got the back case too. My friend who finally got her iPad bought a thick portfolio cover for hers, but I really like my smartcover and new back case. It works well for me. You're just now at your 15,000 miles on your car? I'm over 19,000 and I think you got yours before me! We have a 2 hour total commute each day and go home to KY just about every weekend. We haven't pulled Matt's Pilot out of the garage in months. I think I have more miles on my car than he has on his, and his is a year older. We're lucky that the Acura dealer is on the way home and they open early, provide a loaner for the day, and stay open until 8. I love them! That's where I saw the lady using an iPad and decided I had to have one.

My brain hurts today from all of the meetings. I ended up getting to work 45m early and leaving an hour late, and have another day just like it tomorrow. My to-do list is now 6 pages long and a lot of it involves me creating documents/forms and developing procedures and testing programs, and it depresses me that I can't tackle it because of the computer project. Matt and I had planned to take off on Friday and I really don't have time, but I'm going to since I haven't accomplished anything this week anyway. Tonight is definitely a beer (or few) and early to bed evening. I had carrots, green beans, a biscuit, and a few bites of pumpkin custard for dinner. It is raining really hard again, so no walk tonight. The weather (and the ringing in my ear) is really messing with my mood because I've sure been in a bad one all day. I think being able to take a long wak helps clear my head, so hopefully the rain stops soon. I hope I don't let work cause me to fall off the healthy lifestyle wagon. I can't let that happen. Aaahhh! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I think the cover is safer for a klutz like me but I like how thin it is with just a back cover and the smart cover. I am going to have Marty try and cut the opening on my Trifid Nebula cover too. Then I can have 2 covers. LOL. That is nice the Acura dealer is open late and gives you a loaner for the day and on the way home. Our dealer will give you a loaner but it seems like they take it as a "pain" anymore. We can drop it off the night before then go back and pick it up but then we are running the truck about 180 miles for 2 trips and the car about 90 miles so that means we just have to go there and wait. I couldn't get in until the 19th of November for a Saturday so I got in next Monday and will have to take a PDO for it. Rats. My boss said I could come in late but he didn't seem to anxious that I do that. I will go to the Coach outlet, the Cosmetic Store outlet and get my stuff cleaned and checked at Jareds so that will give me something to do. That will also be Marty's first day at his new job so maybe it's a good thing I not be at work that day. Sorry to hear you had such a bad day. I don't see how they can expect you to do this new project plus do your other work as well. I sure hate to hear the ringing in your ear is still bothering you. That must be very difficult to deal with. I hope you had a few beers tonight and got some sleep.

Speaking of beers well I had a few tonight - margaritas and a glass of wine. I went out with a friend while Marty was playing golf. Then he and his golf buddy were at the club having a drink and invited me over. My friend and her boy friend joined us and we played cards. It was a fun evening but not productive or healthy. Tomorrow is our "date" night and I want to go out since who knows when we will have the chance again. Friday is Marty's last day and we are going to a party after work for Marty.

One of his departments got him a gag gift. Marty likes watches as much as I like diamonds and sapphires. So they got him a watch from Walmart with a price on it of $7.00. The face is pink and it has white butterflies on it. They added a "1" after the 7 so the price now says $7100. They wrote him a little note to go with it. I am sure he'll love it. I figure he'll get quite a few gag gifts this week.

Well, I'd best get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weekend is here. They had a going away party for Marty at a local restaurant / bar last night and we packed the place. The room upstairs we reserved was packed by 6. So we expanded to several tables on the main floor and then took over the game room in the basement. I guess we had about 70 - 80 people total. It was very nice to see so many people come out to wish Marty well. We had fun.

Today we are doing things around the house. Tomorrow Marty flies out so he'll be ready to start his new job on Monday. I am being strong so far; I haven't cried yet but I did get a little misty eyed last night. I think I need to get out a knitting or crochet project for next week. It is not that Marty hasn't been gone or traveled before but I guess the unknown of the new job stressing me out a little. I have quite a few things on DVR to watch that will help entertain me.

We are going to lunch shortly as soon as the dress pants are dry.

Have a great weekend. :wavey:

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-sounds like Marty's going away party was awesome. I bet all of those people being there made him feel really good. Did he like his lovely new pink watch? I hate to hear you're stressed and anxious, but I guess it comes with the territory. Hang in there. The fear of change is what is keeping me in a job where I'm miserable. Matt is heading out of town in the morning. He'll be back at the end of the week, home for a week, and then gone for another week again. I'm not going to like this traveling thing.

I can't believe my 3 day weekend is already over. Wahhh!! We went to my sister's house in KY for dinner this evening. She had homemade potato soup and sandwiches, which tasted really good. My whole family was there as well as my BIL's family, so it was a houseful of people and kids. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and then remembered we didn't need to buy our usual 4 days worth of dinners since Matt isn't going to be here. I bought the makings for salads, sandwiches, and maybe a spaghetti night. I don't make much for me when I'm by myself. I get kind of mopey and don't eat. We walked 3 miles tonight,which I haven't done in a while. It felt great to get outside in the fresh air for a change. I'm going to try to get in bed by 11 to get the week started off right. Have a great day tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Marty left about 9 today. I had most of my house chores done by 10. Rats. I did have lots of busy work to do today. I have tomorrow off as well. I have an appointment to get my car worked on but I got a call from Fedex today informing me someone needs to be here in the morning to sign for a package. I will call and see if I can get a later appointment. If not, I guess I'll have to schedule it for some Saturday because I am not taking off another day to get my car serviced.

I washed our flannel sheets and got them on the bed. I got Halloween cards ready to send out, went grocery shopping and went to the mall to get my jewelry from them (3 stores) cleaned and checked. I have about 10 things from Kays / Jared's and it took them forever because of the way they print out receipts. I am glad most of my things are from somewhere else because I'd have to make an all day appointment to go there if they were that slow at it. I picked up some of the Clinique I was running low on then came home and had some leftovers for supper. I talked to Marty on Facetime and have been trying to get a few more things done around here.

Deegee, I did finally post pictures of my peach sapphire ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/peach-sapphire-rhr.167354/. I am having a hard time getting the right colored recorded. Yes, we both were overwhelmed with how many people came to his party and all the kind things they said to him. It's nice to know he was so well liked at work. It sounds like we are both going to be dealing with our husbands traveling a lot. I am also hesitant to look for a new job myself because I don't like change. I didn't buy much food at the grocery store either but I bought some cleaning things, Halloween candy and a few medicines to have on hand for the winter so I still have a bill over $100. Sorry you get mopey when Matt is gone and don't eat well. My girl friends usually want me to go out while Marty is gone so that makes it hard for me to eat well. This week I am going to want to stay home so I can talk to Marty on our iPads and see how his day went. I am glad you got in a nice walk tonight. We are expecting snow on Tuesday but it has been pretty nice here for a few days.

Well, I am going to steam clean my rings and get ready for bed.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I had a day all right but it wasn't a good one. I cut my finger with a bread knife cutting an english muffin for breakfast. Those ridges really rip up the skin. I waited till 9 and still no FexEx with Marty's last check so I called Audi and cancelled my appointment at 10. The FedEx truck showed up about 9:20 so I called Audi back and said I was on the way. I guess there was a recall on my car for a new thermostat so they had to replace it in addition to my oil change. They gave me a car so I ran over to Good Feet then stopped at the mall. 2 hours laters I returned to Audi and my car hadn't moved yet. I said I guess I should go to lunch. I came back from lunch and got out of there at 4:36 only to be stopped waiting for a train that kept going back and forth blocking traffic for 15 minutes. I finally got home about 5:30. I texted so much on my phone it died while I was there at the car dealer. I was bored. My old car was in the shop too; he hit a curb and bent the wheel. I told my salesman to let him know that car was predisposed to hit curbs since I do it all the time. I actually did some damage last week on one of my wheels and we have to have it fixed too. Darn it anyway.

I talked to Marty quite a bit tonight. He didn't do much today on his first day at work. He got paperwork done with HR, got his AT&T phone, got his laptop and spent most of the day setting things up. Tomorrow he will get introduced to more people (namely his boss from the UK) and learn about some of the projects they have going on.

Take care.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Marcy and Degee! Hope everyone is well and healthy! I am trying to be healthy here! I have been walking the babies in the BOB a few times a week! Wow, I didn't realize how out of shape I am. lol Marcy, ouch for cutting yourself, hope it heals quick! Degee, sorry you have been working so much! I love green beans!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Skippy! :wavey: It is good to hear from you. I am sure you and the babies are enjoying your walks. Is the weather still pretty nice there? My finger is better today.

Deegee, do you and Matt use Facetime when he is gone? I sure like it to talk to Marty.

I had a busy day at work. I spent most of my morning catching up with what I missed yesterday. This afternoon I reviewed my existing bug list software. It is getting smaller but down to things that will probably hard to fix. I tried to get my work laptop ready to bring home but the IT guy never came by to help me. I went to supper with friend tonight. I brought 1/2 of my dinner home for supper tomorrow night. We are in the middle of a winter storm right now. I think we've had about 5" already. It is really wet snow too. They are expecting 8 to 12 inches here with wind chills near zero. I dug out my old fleece robe and have it on, my Snoopy slippers and I am setting under a fleece blanket. I am finally warm.

This morning my bandage came off in the shower and my finger started bleeding again. It was a challenge to get my hair washed after that. At supper my friend sent a text to Marty they brought me a knife with my supper. He told her to take it away from me. I was teasing him tonight he should have a motion detector put in on our knife block that pages him when I pull out a knife. He liked that idea.

Well I think I will try to go to bed early since it will be snowy in the morning.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Sorry you had such a lousy day yesterday. A day off is supposed to be a good day! I hope your finger heals quickly. Marty is going to take away all the knives from you and all you get to use is a butter knife. I'm glad you got your car taken care of since that was the main reason for the day off. I love the color of your new stone. It reminds me of my favorite flavor of hard candy that my grandmother always bought for me when I went for a visit. Yumm. I haven't thought of that candy in years! I hope you enjoy your ring. I'd love to have half of your right hand rings! Will Marty be mostly working out of town with his new job, or just to start with? Matt has a bunch if trips scheduled this month and next. I think he will regularly be out of town the last full week of each month, although he's trying to shorten it to just a few days instead of the full week. I don't like being home alone, although Lily Pie is great company. She's a good snuggler too, but she's a bit of a bed hog. Matt and I used FaceTime for the first time tonight. We've had our phones for over a year and just used FaceTime, and only because you mentioned it! It was difficult to have a conversation because Matt kept making fish faces at me. I married a clown. Be careful tomorrow in your icky weather!

Skippy-I hope all is well with you and your little ones. I didn't walk for a few weeks because of an inner ear infection and balance issues, and boy did I ever feel it when I started back up again. It doesn't take long to get out of shape! I'm working on getting back into the habit of faithfully taking my walk every day.

Today was a long day at work. I was really tired when I got home, so I immediately took Lily for a walk before I even sat down. I also wanted to get my full walk in and be back home with the doors locked and lights on before dark. I'm such a scardy when Matt isn't here! I didn't plan well for food today. I had cottage cheese for breakfast, a frozen WW meal for lunch, a Frosty for dinner, and Lily and I finished off a bag of candy corn for a snack. I'm going to be starving in the morning. I plan to take my awesome staff out for lunch tomorrow and I'm hoping they pick someplace good. I'm going to tell them I haven't had much to eat this week and am in need of a big meal. Matt is thinking he'll be home late tomorrow night, so maybe I'll get a good night's sleep then. Have a great day!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I don't seem to have much luck enjoying a day off. Too many other people make plans for me. I guess it's nice that my company is in demand. LOL. Marty's comment on Facebook after I posted a picture of my bandage covered finger was "Woman, I am hiding those knives the next time I leave". I bet he does. :bigsmile: I am enjoying the color of my peach sapphire. I wore it again today. I am glad it reminded you of your favorite candy. It sounds like Marty will be gone quite a bit for awhile. I really am enjoying FaceTime. I am glad you and Matt tried it. It sounds like Matt and Marty would get along - when we are talking he does things like pretends like he is smearing my classes, makes faces at me. At least our guys are entertaining. I am glad you have Lily to keep you company. That won't be bad if Matt is only gone once a month. I like to get home before dark too. I would shut my garage door before getting out of my car but I want to make sure I am in the garage all the way. How was lunch with your crew today?

We ended up with at least 10 inches of snow. Since the ground has been so warm though the roads weren't too icy. I didn't have any problems getting to work but the parking lot was a mess. I wore some LL Bean hiking boots with thinsulate so my feet were warm today. It quit snowing about 2 pm and the skies were trying to clear up. When I left work a lot of the streets and sidewalks were only wet with the snow still piled up on the grass and dirt.

Work was busy again. One of my swing shift ladies called in for the day off because her daughter was finally having her baby today so I did her work this afternoon. I had to bug our IT guy again to work on my at home laptop but it still isn't set up for me to bring home. He used to work for Marty and he was sure whining about me having such a nice laptop to just take home. He'll get over it or not.

My iPad was at 30% when I got home today so I am using my MacAir for awhile. I left Office open on it so it never shut off today and I was too busy to notice. I need to have it charged up before Marty calls me on it.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I do the garage door thing too. I go around the back of my car to get to the door to the house, push the button and stand there until I make sure the garage door is closed all the way and nobody snuck in behind me. Once as I was walking around the back of my car a neighbor appeared in the garage out of nowhere and scared me half to death. I guess he was in his side yard and I didn't see him when I pulled in. He felt really bad about causing me a near heart attack! Yes, Marty & Matt sound like 2 of a kind. I enjoy being with Matt so much. I wrote that he was coming home tonight on our "woo-hoo" side of the board today, and someone wrote beside it that we were a very lucky couple for still wanting to be around each other after 18 years. I had to tell my coworkers today about the FaceTime thing. Nobody had used it! Of course I had a few screenshots of the lovely faces Matt was making to show them. I can't believe you had that much snow already! You weren't kidding about the winter storm thing. Be careful, especially in your parking lot. We have had heavy rain all day and have water standing in our side yard.

Lunch with my group was a lot of fun today. I wrote 3 restaurant choices on our board and asked them to vote. The Chinese restaurant won by far, and I had broccoli and rice for lunch. I made spaghetti for dinner and then we went out for a tasty TCBY treat afterwards. We got our new work phones today, so now I'm carrying 2 iPhone 4's in Otter Box cases. I need to go purse shopping for something to hold all of these gadgets I'm carrying around! I still don't have my small laptop, even though I'm told it has arrived. Maybe that's a good thing because I've sworn off dragging my heavy laptop home and haven't been doing work in the evenings. I have a meeting at 9 in the morning and am looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight, so nighty night. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I had that happen to me one time too when someone came in to the garage and talked to me. It freaked me out a lot. I hated coming home from school at 10 pm when Marty was out of town. I always stand there and make sure the garage door closes and no one is in our garage. I sure feel better with the security system. I have big bells on all our doors, I used to put a golf club against the front door, I put 2 chairs between the patio doors and dining room table so they'd clank if someone came in and propped the pantry door open so if someone opened the door from the garage it would smack it. I bet the security guy was impressed by my big bells. LOL. It sounds like you do need a bigger purse. Are your Otter boxes different so you can easily tell them apart? Mmm to having TCBY tonight. That sounds good. I hope you finally got a good night's sleep.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results