shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Evan the cuff ring

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
lulu-ma, thank you. Someone on this forum has an amazing yellow Mali garnet that put the thought in my mind for years. Wish I could remember who, the stone made my mouth hang open.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and unique! I love the colors!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
stracci2000, thank you! I love the warm tones. stacked my little yellow sapphire on top this a.m.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my - I :kiss2: Evan! Love the idea of silver with an open cuff ring so it can be adjusted!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, and it was less expensive, too.
Thank you so much!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
diamondhoarder, thank you so much! The stones were acquired months apart but when I put them side by side they looked happy.

We've heard too little from you lately, any new projects? Prospects, goals, nascent images?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Congratulations on JOTW!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Omg soooo beautiful! It’s different and unique. I was considering garnets in a new project because it’s my husband’s January birthstone

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Eli22, thank you! I'm shocked, considering all the fabulous pieces on this forum. Such as the one in your avatar, is there a thread for it?

Evan is definitely deserving - from the luscious color to the adjustable shank :clap:

Yes, thank you! You actually assisted with my Asscher search for this ring!
My husband and I just celebrated 10 years together and he gifted me this ring project. I’ve always wanted a sapphire/diamond ring to represent our birthstones. I started the process in June (naively) hoping for it to be ready by our “meetingversary”in late July. Well, it took a bit longer than expected so it became a wedding anniversary present as well! I think my husband is pretty happy he got two gifts in one ;-)

I saw an inspiration piece on Instagram and contacted David Klass. He was very prompt with his quote/details. I decided to source the center diamond myself in this THREAD. Thanks to everyone who helped me there @oncrutchesrightnow @EClove @lovedogs @Karl_K @Ibrakeforpossums !!

I also made a few changes to the inspiration design to make it more meaningful to my husband and I (aside from the Greek Key symbolizing eternity, we love the pattern and have it featured in our home). I also didn’t want a straight copy of someone else’s design, in case it had special meaning to them. DK sent me a 3D print of the ring and it was perfect!

Adiamor sent the diamond directly to DK and the process started. The longest wait was for the French cut sapphires. Amy told me that David sent the ring back to the bench due to him not being satisfied with the sapphires/waiting on his sapphire cutter! From beginning to end, it took a little over 4 months, but I was pleased that DK wanted the sapphires to be perfect.
They were wonderful to work with! They did everything from big adjustments to small adjustments, to sending me a 3D printed ring, and Amy was incredibly sweet when I spoke to her on the phone to inquire about the status. Let’s just say this first engagement led to multiple projects (some of which were completed prior to this and already shared) ;))

Here are the details:
Center: 0.70 ct. Asscher D VVS2
Sapphires: 1.52 cts natural French cut blue sapphires
Sides: 0.24 cts D VS princess cut
14k white gold, 6.5g
Size 6

To say that I am obsessed with this ring is an understatement! I am in love!

Here are DK’s photos: 7EB25FCF-7964-4B9C-9CC6-E06F19C6CD5D.jpeg EA485F5E-ED98-4392-AA07-45C99E0B594A.jpeg DD1057F0-E91A-464E-8AD3-4A41E77F560D.jpeg 5E919CF4-4C54-440F-B675-49823A9A0A7E.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Eli222, I knew I liked your ring!! Sheesh, now I remember. I LOVE that ring - where have I seen it before?
Nothing like an Asscher, is there?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results