shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring upgrade

Shoney

Rough_Rock
After debating for weeks and weeks about what I really, really wanted, finding one stone that only fit the bill in terms of size and budget (which we returned), Hubby and I finally found a GIA certified 2 carat M color VVS2 that is one of the most sparkly diamonds I've ever seen. Scored 1.3 on the HCA. Taking a picture of her with my aged cell phone is a challenge, but here are a few to kick it off.
We chose a simple half-round 18k yellow gold 6 prong setting, and while I love it the love for this setting may not last. Am pretty sure I need to go down at least half a ring size because it slips all over the place, so I wear my eternity band on top to keep it from falling off. Had wanted a band that would be flush with the other two, this seems more prominent than the one I tried on at the jewelry store. I did take it back, wondering if they'd ordered a knife edge by mistake, but was assured that no, this is a half round, it just has some "heft" to it to balance out the stone, and that knife edges have a pointy ridge. This also has a ridge, though it doesn't come to a perfect point, so I'm still wondering.
Has anyone else noticed that with larger stones their rings tend to flop back and forth? Wondering if it is just the band size...
Any comments about the setting/sizing would be most appreciated!!
The prongs in real life are hardly noticeable; in the photos they can look a bit oversized. :) I love how she sits higher up on my finger, and even though she's an M the color is surprisingly not all that noticeable. There is an overall warmth which I LOVE and thinks she looks more real because of it, and find myself terribly distracted while driving. Or walking. Or going into a store...oh my word it's almost embarrassing, she looks so ALIVE under those lights.
So without further ado, here are the pics:

_38547.jpg

_38548.jpg

_38549.jpg

reflecting_lights.jpg

Shoney

Rough_Rock
A few more pics...

20161103_131006.jpg

20161103_131014.jpg

warmth.jpg

_38550.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! And I cannot believe she is an M??! What a really lovely, sparkly looking diamond :love:

Shoney

Rough_Rock
Thanks Alex! Yep, it's an M! I was prepared for much more warmth when we ordered. I do see warmth in certain lighting but never any yellow; ivory at times from the side, otherwise fire and sparkle.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely, LOVELY upgrade! I would never suspect it's an M!!!! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

Very classic and looks lovely on your hand. Congratulations. Enjoy :love: :wavey:

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Looks great on your hand!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW :love: that is a gorgeous upgrade. What a white-facing M!

Shoney

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great feedback, it means a lot! I am LOVING it; sadly it's just about all I think about lately!! I debate over the silliest things like, gee, it's time for bed, but I really don't want to take it off! How bad is it exactly to wear it to bed?? And I obsess about how to clean it. I know one other person with a stone this size and she swears by her ultrasonic cleaner so am looking into those now.
Tried on my first engagement ring today, my sweet little .38 E colored solitaire, and it looked incredibly tiny, poor thing. I put her away so she doesn't have to be jealous. Most pics of them side by side I would have an impossible time trying to figure out which is the warmer diamond. I keep looking for "yellow" but only see sparkly.
Am also wondering how long it will take for this rock to feel normal on my hand. I am aware of it Every. Single. Minute.
Yeah, it's a SAH-WEET upgrade. My hubby is awesome. And patient. And perhaps relieved that any hints and nagging are behind us. :saint:
Thank you so much to everyone who responded to other threads on my search. I would never have found this wonderful a stone at this price point without Pricescope!!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Beautiful and HUGE!!! Instead of sizing smaller, you could try a "speed bump" or sizing beads. Rings with big (heavy) stones coupled with narrower are susceptible to spinning. The bump or beads can help prevent that.

Again, beautiful ring and a fun learning journey getting here.

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I have a 2 ct RB stone and it does not slide around... I would consider getting your ring sized down a little.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you! She is a beauty!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful congrats!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :love: It looks lovely on you! :appl: Congratulations! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful on you! Congrats! :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Amazed at how white a well cut M looks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful classic set! :love:

Shoney

Rough_Rock
today's watch/bracelet combo

Not sure if this looks balanced or not...
Gold toned bracelets instead? Slightly bigger/blingier watch??

_38558.jpg

newwatchcombo.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and rings. They look fabulous. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results