shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Shopping - Tiffany & Co?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
When you get yours re-wrapped, are you gonna use the wrapping paper or just have them put the bow on the box? I think I'm gonna have them just re-wrap the box without the paper. I think the paper makes it look not as nice.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 6:44:13 PM
Author: tradergirl
Unreal. I''ll bet she''s been snooping in your stuff and saw an email, receipt, credit card statement or something.

I must really be getting old because I don''t understand this thing now where these girls orchestrate their own ''proposals''. I''ve been married 22 years and as I recall, it was supposed to be unexpected and a suprise.

That would tick me off. I would consider a little gaslight treatment before handing the ring over.

What''s gaslight treatment?

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 12:17:17 PM
Author: angeline

Date: 6/22/2008 6:44:13 PM
Author: tradergirl
Unreal. I''ll bet she''s been snooping in your stuff and saw an email, receipt, credit card statement or something.

I must really be getting old because I don''t understand this thing now where these girls orchestrate their own ''proposals''. I''ve been married 22 years and as I recall, it was supposed to be unexpected and a suprise.

That would tick me off. I would consider a little gaslight treatment before handing the ring over.

What''s gaslight treatment?
I believe it means to hold someone in suspense or to drive them a little crazy...

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 11:18:43 AM
Author: AStack75
When you get yours re-wrapped, are you gonna use the wrapping paper or just have them put the bow on the box? I think I''m gonna have them just re-wrap the box without the paper. I think the paper makes it look not as nice.
I think I''ll just keep the paper.

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
I just worked the Google on the Internet Machine...

Perhaps no other film in cinematic history more aptly ilustrates the concept of Victorian suspense than the 1944 classic, Gaslight. Starring Ingrid Bergman as Paula Anton, the niece of a murdered opera singer (Alice Alquist) who inherits all her property, Charles Boyer as (Gregory Anton) and Joseph Cotton (Brian Cameron), the plot concerns the attempt of a murderous husband (Charles Boyer) to drive his loving and unsuspecting wife, (Ingrid Bergman) out of her mind so that he can have her declared insane and inherit her property. Unbeknownst to Paula Anton, Gregory Anton was her aunt's musical accompanist, and he murdered her for her jewels, but does not know where they are. It is for this reason that Anton encourages his wife to return to the scene of the crime, her aunt's beautiful home in Thornton Square. The expression "giving the gaslight treatment," which means to drive someone nuts, came from this movie.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous++++++++++ ring! Congrats!
1.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE: here is the ring on her finger (given to her tonight)..........

20080814_05.JPG

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinkinh about u today, wondering when you were going to propose.. haha it looks great on her finger!! story?

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Its a gorgeous Ring! Congratulations! You did extremely well

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Just read the entire thread! Congratulations :) Did you do it the night you moved in? My FI proposed in August as well, good month for love, I presume?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It looks beautiful on her, and just the perfect fit! Happy engagement!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It looks great on her finger!!!!

AStack75

Shiny_Rock
Very nice. Here's my fiancee's hand shot. She's had her Novo for about a month now. She absolutely loves it. Doesn't it look nice next to that fake flower? :)

handshotflower08.jpg

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 5:08:36 AM
Author: somehowcollide
Did you do it the night you moved in?
actually wound up not doing it the night we moved in (8/1), and waited until this past Thursday night (8/14). the biggest reason i waited is because she was taking ''shot in the dark'' type guesses as to when/if I was going to do it... and 8/1 was one of the dates she listed (along with Christmas, next year''s birthdays, etc). So I told her she was crazy to think I was even considering engagement this year, and more likely it''d come in 09 or 010. Had to keep her wondering.
So I then was going to do it on 08/08/08, but didn''t feel good that day, so I held off.
Then on Thursday night, we went out to eat, went for ice cream, and I felt amazing, so I figured it was then that I''d get it done. So when we were back at home I told her I got her a little something to commemerate moving in together. And the rest went from there. She knew what was going on when she saw the blue bag come out of the closet though.

homechef

Rough_Rock
I didn''t care what size, brand or price of my Ering would be when my Dh and I were shopping around doing our research- to me it was more sentimental than anything- I was stocked on getting a .54, when my bf said, no and to wait and we should still keep looking. Then all of a sudden he tells me, babe, i''m getting you a Tiffany''s..I was shocked and said no, it''s 5x our budget! No way-- but he insisted, and during that week, he whispered to me in the most sincere tone, ''only the best for the best''..I think I melted and died that night..I never even in my wildest dreams would have guessed i''d own one, but even moreso- from the man of my dreams..so in that, i say give what comes from your heart. It doesn''t matter what brand- or size or style or shape, it could be a wooden ring- what counts is that it comes from the right place, not your pockets, but your heart. You''ll know.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 7:10:58 PM
Author: ringshopper2008
Date: 8/15/2008 5:08:36 AM

Author: somehowcollide

Did you do it the night you moved in?
actually wound up not doing it the night we moved in (8/1), and waited until this past Thursday night (8/14). the biggest reason i waited is because she was taking ''shot in the dark'' type guesses as to when/if I was going to do it... and 8/1 was one of the dates she listed (along with Christmas, next year''s birthdays, etc). So I told her she was crazy to think I was even considering engagement this year, and more likely it''d come in 09 or 010. Had to keep her wondering.

So I then was going to do it on 08/08/08, but didn''t feel good that day, so I held off.

Then on Thursday night, we went out to eat, went for ice cream, and I felt amazing, so I figured it was then that I''d get it done. So when we were back at home I told her I got her a little something to commemerate moving in together. And the rest went from there. She knew what was going on when she saw the blue bag come out of the closet though.

Awww, great story!! My FI proposed on 08/01. I lovee this month. Many congrats, you sound like a great couple.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Great story!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!The novo is my favorite and I think the size you selected is perfect. She has nice fingers that show off the ring amazingly well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results