shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Shopping - Tiffany & Co?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
The ering is not top heavy at all infact it always amazes me that it pretty much stays put!

I think you have to make sure the sizing is good. I originally had it sized to 3.75 and changed to 4.25 (waaay more comfy).

The diamond and setting sits so sleek and low that I guess the center of gravity doesn''t pull it either way as much as higher set stones.

I know what u mean about the 6-prong''s simplicity.

Now that I''ve had it a while I kinda want the novo too!

I tried on a 1 ct and it seemed to have the best proportions.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That is good to know! I have a promise ring which is too big and it slips all the time to the sides. I figured it was because it doesn't fit right (I knew it wasn't because of the diamond because it is very small) Oh, you are getting me excited about all of this! haha Just for the heck of it, a few weeks ago I was going to indulge in my fantasy with the Novo at Tiffany's and have them measure my finger, but they were closed.
6.gif
That's ok because I'll just do this next month or so when I will go back. I'd just like to know my true ring finger size. Im not sure if it would change before proposal time though, I guess I could always have them size me again and again! ha!

Im so excited to hear/see what Novo ringshopper will end up with!
36.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 2:55:40 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
36.gif
Funny you should mention it, I am going to Tiff''s either tomorrow or Friday, as the salesman has a couple of the rings in for me to look at. This includes the 1.31 ring I mentioned in my most recent Novo inventory summation. Let''s hope the 1.31 blows me out of the water...
emotion-19.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 7:46:54 PM
Author: ringshopper2008

36.gif
Funny you should mention it, I am going to Tiff''s either tomorrow or Friday, as the salesman has a couple of the rings in for me to look at. This includes the 1.31 ring I mentioned in my most recent Novo inventory summation. Let''s hope the 1.31 blows me out of the water...
emotion-19.gif
Going today after work to meet with the salesman. I''ll let you know what happens.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hoping you love it :) :) :)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay, let us know how it goes!

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 7:01:03 AM

Date: 5/14/2008 7:46:54 PM

36.gif
Funny you should mention it, I am going to Tiff's either tomorrow or Friday, as the salesman has a couple of the rings in for me to look at. This includes the 1.31 ring I mentioned in my most recent Novo inventory summation. Let's hope the 1.31 blows me out of the water...
emotion-19.gif
Going today after work to meet with the salesman. I'll let you know what happens.
I snuck this picture with an awful camera phone (they told me no pics in the store!). This is the 1.31 novo, and it's now mine!
emotion-19.gif
emotion-19.gif
emotion-19.gif
They are going to size it for me, and they are going to retain the papers there so that I don't have to sneak them around... I am going to surprise her with it later in the year!!
[yes, that is my fat pinkie finger in the picture]

20080516_novo.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I cannot wait for the outcome....I will say that I am always of fan of getting a good balance of color and clarity...and would shoot for the "H" in a "VS" range, but with the Novo, I think CUT is most important...

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 7:09:04 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I cannot wait for the outcome....I will say that I am always of fan of getting a good balance of color and clarity...and would shoot for the ''H'' in a ''VS'' range, but with the Novo, I think CUT is most important...
The one I went with is an H and VS1.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous. I am sure she''ll love it.

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 8:36:27 PM
Author: marcyc
It looks gorgeous. I am sure she''ll love it.
thanks! I will have to take more pictures with my camera once it comes back from re-sizing.

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
the only thing that gave me some anxiety was looking at the rating report- there were so many more things on the report than just the ones I have been paying attention to (cut, color, clarity). I went with the ring that I liked the most from looking at it, but that still gave me some anxiety.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful, even blurry
1.gif
Congrats on the finding THE one!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aw, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!

You did a good job at making the purchase, don't have any anxiety about it. It was the right choice for you, and your gilrfriend will melt when she sees it!

It looks incredibly beautiful (from what I can see anyway!) Thanks for sneaking this photo for us! OOOOOOh Im so excited! haha

I would love to see some more photos after it is resized.
35.gif

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 1:08:51 PM
Aw, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very excited for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
YAY!

You did a good job at making the purchase, don''t have any anxiety about it. It was the right choice for you, and your gilrfriend will melt when she sees it!

It looks incredibly beautiful (from what I can see anyway!) Thanks for sneaking this photo for us! OOOOOOh Im so excited! haha

I would love to see some more photos after it is resized.
35.gif
Thanks for your support!!!
9.gif
I think it will be 1-2 weeks, but I will definitely take pictures! I need to do the ring proper justice, as that camera phone is a joke.

I will say this - I went to an overwhelming number of jewelers, and went from cheapo mall jewelry store (with "princessa" cuts, i.e. 4 mini stones crammed together to form one center stone) to Tiffany''s to the diamond exchange downtown - plus did a lot of looking online... and the salesman at Tiffany''s was the most patient and the least "used car salesman-esque" in his approach. For me anyway, that went a long way in making me more comfortable in working with him.

Meaning, every other place I went to, I practically had to pry myself out of the store. They wouldn''t take "I''m just shopping around right now" for an answer, and would have paperwork laid out on the table and everything to try to get me to sign... "you should put down a deposit today, as this stone won''t be here next week." etc etc etc plus also, bringing out gigantic stones (2.5-3 ct) that were beyond what I specifically asked for, and then getting them to fit into the price I was looking for ("it''s got a small bubble in it, but think about it, this is 2.5 carats") ... anyway, I commended the salesman last night for allowing me to come in there a bunch of times, ordering in different ones for me to see, and NEVER pressuring me. I guess I felt like I was in 100% control of the process, which I liked. That''s all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore it!! Congratulations-it''s a beauty
36.gif
36.gif
I picked my lucida with my eyes also. I knew most of the specs I should be looking for but I picked the sparkliest. I had the same experience also in terms of how patient they were. We went in for over two and a half hours the first time and the woman was so patient and got us every ring we wanted to look at and went back and forth the whole time for us and then we wanted her to hold one for us while we thought about it over the weekend and had a look at some others and there was no problem with that either. We went back and got it on the Monday. They were a dream to buy from.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! i just searched my screen name because I was looking for a thread I started and I found this thread. Thanks for all the shout outs Dreamgirl and Ringshopper!

Ringshopper! Congrats on the ring! It is basically the twin of mine!! H, VS1! She will love it I am sure! Even a year later, I still find myself staring at it in the car or at work (and hoping no one sees me!) It really is a beautiful ring and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is from Tiffany. I am so happy my fiance got it for me and I''m sure your future fiance will feel the same. I can''t wait to hear the proposal story and he reaction.

I saw some mention of a thread about not all novos being the same. If someone could give a link to that thread, I would totally appreciate it. My fiance actually took me to the store to see my ring after he called it in - he wanted me to make sure I liked it if he was going to pay all that $$. (it''s a long story but i had a temporary ring for a couple weeks - a gorgeous blue topaz that will be my something blue!- so it wasn''t like he took me in there before he proposed haha!) But anyways, this was the only one I saw, aside from the couple that were on display. It looks great to me but I would love to see that thread about not all of them being the same. It would have been interesting to compare similar stones. He later told me there was a 1.4, H, VS2 he tried to call in also but it was sold to someone else first.

Congratulations again Ringshopper!

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 12:33:26 AM
Author: sunnygirl
Hi everyone! i just searched my screen name because I was looking for a thread I started and I found this thread. Thanks for all the shout outs Dreamgirl and Ringshopper!

Ringshopper! Congrats on the ring! It is basically the twin of mine!! H, VS1! She will love it I am sure! Even a year later, I still find myself staring at it in the car or at work (and hoping no one sees me!) It really is a beautiful ring and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is from Tiffany. I am so happy my fiance got it for me and I'm sure your future fiance will feel the same. I can't wait to hear the proposal story and he reaction.
Hi sunnygirl!! Your thread ("my tiffany novo") with the pictures you took was part of what helped me see how amazing the novo looks in real life! Yours is absolutely perfect, and in those pictures it looks ridiculously good. So thank you for posting that, as it was very very helpful!
9.gif

Her finger is also a 4.5 - I believe that's what yours is - so I honestly couldn't have had a more helpful thread than yours. So thank you!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! IT LOOKS PERFECT!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE PICS!!!!!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 8:53:35 AM
Hi sunnygirl!! Your thread (''my tiffany novo'') with the pictures you took was part of what helped me see how amazing the novo looks in real life! Yours is absolutely perfect, and in those pictures it looks ridiculously good. So thank you for posting that, as it was very very helpful!
9.gif

Her finger is also a 4.5 - I believe that''s what yours is - so I honestly couldn''t have had a more helpful thread than yours. So thank you!
Ringshopper - I''m glad the pics inspired you to get her such a great ring! The funny thing is, I just took a look at those pictures...it looks SO much better in real life. I should take some new ones (maybe when I get the matching band)...
She will be so happy!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh yay! Congratulations! It was long fought and hard won, but I''m sure she''ll love it!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 1:53:28 PM
every other place I went to, I practically had to pry myself out of the store. They wouldn''t take ''I''m just shopping around right now'' for an answer, and would have paperwork laid out on the table and everything to try to get me to sign...
Your welcome! And, I know what you mean about some other jewelry stores. A few years back ago my boyfriend and I were at a mall and we looked in a jewelers window at rings. The salesman literally came OUT of the store into the mall and started bugging us about "When are you gonna get engaged? What kind of ring do you like? I have several more inside! Why don''t you come in and pick one out!!"
32.gif
32.gif
We were just looking and not nearly ready for an engagement. Talk about pushy. This is one of my many reasons for loving Tiffany. They have much respect and they are never pushy on any purchase. (oh, and they will NEVER come out of the store and try to pull you in to buy something either!) I have trouble with the thought that someone can be so pushy on such a purchase as this.
29.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 12:33:26 AM
Author: sunnygirl
Aw your welcome! I just loved what you had to say about your ring.
28.gif
Funny too how I FINALLY got to compliment your ring the other day, and now we meet again! Can't wait to see photos of the set once you have the wb!

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on finding the ring and good luck with the proposal!!!

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
The ring re-sizing is all set, and the ring is ready for me to pickup! Might do it tomorrow, depending on whether I can squeeze it into the day without it being obvious.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see it!! I love the Novo!

ringshopper2008

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure if I can attach more than one picture to each post, so I am doing them separate. I got the ring!!!!! It looks beautiful, and I am very excited!! They wrapped it for me, so if I want it wrapped again I will have to go back before I present the ring (won''t happen until later this year).

I used the "digital macro" setting on my camera, as all others the ring didn''t come out clear. If anyone has any suggestions for a better setting to shoot with - I have a Canon PowerShot - let me know!

20080524_01.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results