shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Emerald Stone- Thoughts Please!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the random thread jack, but if you have a chance would you mind reaching out via LT about who the vendor was you got your emerald from? I know you didn't want to share before, but my next "Grail" piece is an emerald in the cvb setting you are considering (but the one without prongs, and in a bezel). Just trying to gather ideas for next year :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
This actually sounds like a perfect mixture of both worlds!
I'm just trying to imagine what it'd look like and If it'd look too color-block-y and not cohesive enough?
I want it all to flow well together obviously, hmm. Anybody know of any good websites that are free or any free downloadable editing tools that would allow me to edit the platinum changes to CVB's setting?

I have no idea about the editing tools unfortunately. My question is - have you actually decided on a setting? I think perhaps decide on a setting first, or at least overall setting, and then you can decide on how to balance doing two different metals. Personally I would do the shank as yellow gold and I would try to have some of the shank coming up very close to the emerald, and then the bezel or prongs/head of the ring I would have in platinum. But in part how you do that would really depend on the setting you lust over. :)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I personally like your first inspiration photo, keep it less busy than the others, it showcases the emerald better and it is also going to be an engagement ring. Later you can still have a RHR that is very ornamental if you like. Last photos, the side stones are way too large, out of proportion, take a lot away from the emerald. Again this is your engagement ring that you will wear every day. Mine is an emerald cut set EW in a halo, pave shank, only I put in a bit of extra detail in the profile and the underside of the basket. But then again if you like something else, by all means! I am just giving you my personal take on how I would set your emerald for an engagement ring. It will be stunning either way! Rose is interesting but see above I stated enough about why I would set an emerald in PLAT preferably, second choice being WG. I would put RG third but no on the YG because of the particular hue and secondary of your stone.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Update: ❤
*Oh and if youre drinking wine take a sip everytime I say the word "dream" :roll2:*

So, through the most absurb turn of events I will not be using this stone to build my engagement ring anymore
I will spare you all the boring details but we met an older woman who was selling her possessions to get her dream RV to travel the US.
Anyways, she was selling my dream OEC at 1.60 cts in an antique yellow gold stuller type setting and it was the perfect price! Basically a dream transaction.
My dream diamond! And it also faces up way larger than other diamonds that are the same carat weight. It looked about 8mm round and looks like 2cts.
So were in the middle of purchasing that which I cant believe is a reality!! I have to get it resized and I'm still not sure if I want to keep it in the lovely setting or have one made but thats another thread.

Of course....since I'm still a little greedy emerald hoarder I cant let go of this emerald as its also my dream emerald but luckily since the price for the OEC ring is so good we can keep it!

I plan to still set it in my dream setting for it made by CVB but the fact that it wont be my initial and main engagement ring changes some things.
So now I'm planning to set it in platinum. :kiss2:

Before we found my dream diamond, platinum created the most luscious color in my Em but I did find it to be too "cold" for an engagement ring which is supposed to be the symbol for love and love is warm and comforting...so I was going to go with YG most likely.
So odd writing this post! I'm still in shock and feel so lucky.
When I fabricate the emerald ring I will most definetely start another thread!
Im not sure when I will now, as my focus is on this diamond but im thinking of an early graduation present to myself. :P2

Thank you for everyones opinions on the emerald!!! You all were truly helpful and have been an integral part in designing my dream emerald ring.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
AHHH! Congrats on the amazing find! Where is my old lady with an RV dream? ;P hahah

I can't wait to see your new dream OEC!(You do know this means you have to post photos....) Such a win-win-win. You get a beautiful OEC, your stunning emerald gets the setting it deserves, and this older woman gets to travel away :) And an engagement ring with a story is always just a little bit extra-special.

So happy for you, and can't wait to see where the journey goes!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think it’s a stroke of good luck! The emerald would make a great special ring eventually, while the OEC will be nice and hardy! Lucky lucky!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need pics!!!!!! And huge congrats!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh how wonderful! And yay for that emerald in platinum! We'll all be keeping an eye out for that OEC thread!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATS!! The OEC sounds like your true dream e ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results