shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Emerald Stone- Thoughts Please!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
8B7291A8-7A54-472F-8C77-90440C2F07BD.png
Oh and a little emerald **** for us all!

Are all of those babies yours?!

I see we share the same taste for a bluer green emerald (:
What Mediterranean sea yummy deliciousness!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Garnet girl your stone is STUNNING
I just wanted to share a pic of my Victorian emerald and diamond cluster I call her Esme :sick: I have also seen major emerald love here in Australia for Emeralds at the moment. It’s definitely a thing FB91ED57-ED33-432B-87CC-4AFE6326488E.png

3E2BDD44-D241-4DD2-822C-9B2EF70233F0.png 3172E26B-D2BA-4F50-A266-1E05C3F21DA7.png

Ah! I love her name by the way! How perfect for an Emerald!
Shes a lovely shade and size and is just overall classically beautiful.
Thank you for sharing!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@MizNina, your ring is amazing! Thanks for the eye candies.

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Naw thanks gals and no the others are not mine but a friend who owns an antique jewellery store

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! It's so clean at first I could have sworn it was tsvaorite garnet. :dance:

Can't wait to see your pics once received....

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
SO.....ahdkdidnsiloinnjjjjdowmwowpqlappokhjnnxz

Its here!!! It arrived around lunch time and luckily my mother was at my home watching my daughter who stayed home from school and whos recovering from sinusitis so, she was able to sign for my package!!!!
I was shaking a little when I opened the package and first read the GIA report even though I've read it a million times over online. Its such a neat thing for me to see the words: "No indications of clarity enhancement."
So upon seeing the gemstone I was in awe, I had never seen such a clean emerald in my life, it almost looks like glass. & My luck with the color...it is truly gorgeous. It has that extra bit of blue that I wanted and craved that I didn't initially see in the first set of photos. It's truly a preference thing but I adore bluer green emeralds.
A bit of cheesy info; my favorite color is blue and my beaus is green :kiss2:
Anyways, the color is just spot on and is what I've always envisioned and wanted.
For whatever reason, this emerald is impossible to take an accurate photo of. The color, but especially the clarity is just so innacurate on film!
In photos it looks way, way less clean.
(If anybody knows of an easy platform to upload videos so I can share a couple here of the gem showing that sparkly clarity please let me know!)
When slowly rotated and tilted it just sparkles like crazy....I swear it looks like a different mineral almost or glass.

I feel like my intuition that was nudging me for over a year, that this stone was the one is truly right.
I cannot wait to have it set and then design my wedding ring...still have yet to decide on what stones I want in my wedding band or if I just want to forgo that and get a band thats plain and has a floral/greenery theme.
I plan to set it in one of CVBInspired design settings as her work is just jaw droppingly stunning to me and ive never seen someone create works like her.
Actually her "Sierra" style emerald ring has an emerald thats 3 cts with oil and is the exact same color of my emerald. So for accuracy in color go look at her listing for her beautiful ring!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541389305/the-sierra-style-emerald-antique-diamond

Now heres what you are all here for! The photos! I appologize for my awful photography skills...I'm quite a good photographer for cabochon jewelry but if it sparkles brightly then I'm such an amateur at capturing the objects beauty.

Also I know only a few of you are into the meaning of gemstones; metaphysical or self induced, but I definetely believe that gemstones have energy, and I believe that the emotions and feelings that they bring us are proof of that energy.
Anyways, since opening the package and playing with my sweet little emerald I have never felt such a loving calm energy before....which I feel like is more proof that it is meant to be my engagement stone.
I'm also open to name suggestions if you wanna be silly with me and help me name her!

Enjoy!

20181112_164110.jpg 20181112_164929.jpg 20181112_164930.jpg 20181112_165654.jpg 20181112_165655.jpg 20181112_165754.jpg 20181112_165755.jpg 20181112_165800.jpg 20181112_170154_HDR.jpg 20181112_164853~2.jpg

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
SO.....ahdkdidnsiloinnjjjjdowmwowpqlappokhjnnxz

Its here!!! It arrived around lunch time and luckily my mother was at my home watching my daughter who stayed home from school and whos recovering from sinusitis so, she was able to sign for my package!!!!
I was shaking a little when I opened the package and first read the GIA report even though I've read it a million times over online. Its such a neat thing for me to see the words: "No indications of clarity enhancement."
So upon seeing the gemstone I was in awe, I had never seen such a clean emerald in my life, it almost looks like glass. & My luck with the color...it is truly gorgeous. It has that extra bit of blue that I wanted and craved that I didn't initially see in the first set of photos. It's truly a preference thing but I adore bluer green emeralds.
A bit of cheesy info; my favorite color is blue and my beaus is green :kiss2:
Anyways, the color is just spot on and is what I've always envisioned and wanted.
For whatever reason, this emerald is impossible to take an accurate photo of. The color, but especially the clarity is just so innacurate on film!
In photos it looks way, way less clean.
(If anybody knows of an easy platform to upload videos so I can share a couple here of the gem showing that sparkly clarity please let me know!)
When slowly rotated and tilted it just sparkles like crazy....I swear it looks like a different mineral almost or glass.

I feel like my intuition that was nudging me for over a year, that this stone was the one is truly right.
I cannot wait to have it set and then design my wedding ring...still have yet to decide on what stones I want in my wedding band or if I just want to forgo that and get a band thats plain and has a floral/greenery theme.
I plan to set it in one of CVBInspired design settings as her work is just jaw droppingly stunning to me and ive never seen someone create works like her.
Actually her "Sierra" style emerald ring has an emerald thats 3 cts with oil and is the exact same color of my emerald. So for accuracy in color go look at her listing for her beautiful ring!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541389305/the-sierra-style-emerald-antique-diamond

Now heres what you are all here for! The photos! I appologize for my awful photography skills...I'm quite a good photographer for cabochon jewelry but if it sparkles brightly then I'm such an amateur at capturing the objects beauty.

Also I know only a few of you are into the meaning of gemstones; metaphysical or self induced, but I definetely believe that gemstones have energy, and I believe that the emotions and feelings that they bring us are proof of that energy.
Anyways, since opening the package and playing with my sweet little emerald I have never felt such a loving calm energy before....which I feel like is more proof that it is meant to be my engagement stone.
I'm also open to name suggestions if you wanna be silly with me and help me name her!

Enjoy!

20181112_164110.jpg 20181112_164929.jpg 20181112_164930.jpg 20181112_165654.jpg 20181112_165655.jpg 20181112_165754.jpg 20181112_165755.jpg 20181112_165800.jpg 20181112_170154_HDR.jpg 20181112_164853~2.jpg

That is the most beautiful emerald I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

Wow. There are no words. That colour is stunning. The shape of it is also lovely!

Emeralds are relatively soft right? Please please protect the girdles... And I'm sure you'll only set it with someone who is used to working with such stones to really help protect it during the setting process.

Videos - YouTube? A lot of people also seem to use Instagram too? Oh please oh please share videos.

:love:

I'm so delighted it has lived up to all of your hopes and dreams. Sometimes our expectations and waiting for so long can sabotage something wonderful... I'm delighted you're not in that position, it further highlights how truly a glorious stone it is.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That is the most beautiful emerald I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

Wow. There are no words. That colour is stunning. The shape of it is also lovely!

Emeralds are relatively soft right? Please please protect the girdles... And I'm sure you'll only set it with someone who is used to working with such stones to really help protect it during the setting process.

Videos - YouTube? A lot of people also seem to use Instagram too? Oh please oh please share videos.

:love:

I'm so delighted it has lived up to all of your hopes and dreams. Sometimes our expectations and waiting for so long can sabotage something wonderful... I'm delighted you're not in that position, it further highlights how truly a glorious stone it is.

Thank you for your kind words! (: I am utterly enamored with it and its so awesome that you see her beauty as well.

& I'm sure CVBInspired is well qualified to work with emeralds? The design that I want from her shop is in the link and it would bezel set the emerald while putting some decorative prongs as well that should add to the protection.
And when it comes to hardness emeralds are actually fairly hard, just not compared to diamonds, sapphires, and rubies.
If my brain remembers correctly theyre aboht an 8/8.5 on the mohs hardness scale.
Im also a person that is super aware of their jewelry while wearing it and only wear it for a few hours a day. I definetely baby my rings haha. I also own many many opals and they're all well cared for so I'm not too worried about stability.
Also, an emerald that is untreated is more stable than one with oil which is one reason why I had set out to find one that wasnt treated.
I find myself in the few select or minority who are capable of keeping up an emerald engagement ring but I definetely dont recommend it to others. (:

I will try to open a youtube account, hopefully its not too long of a process!

Thank you(:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind words! (: I am utterly enamored with it and its so awesome that you see her beauty as well.

& I'm sure CVBInspired is well qualified to work with emeralds? The design that I want from her shop is in the link and it would bezel set the emerald while putting some decorative prongs as well that should add to the protection.
And when it comes to hardness emeralds are actually fairly hard, just not compared to diamonds, sapphires, and rubies.
If my brain remembers correctly theyre aboht an 8/8.5 on the mohs hardness scale.
Im also a person that is super aware of their jewelry while wearing it and only wear it for a few hours a day. I definetely baby my rings haha. I also own many many opals and they're all well cared for so I'm not too worried about stability.
Also, an emerald that is untreated is more stable than one with oil which is one reason why I had set out to find one that wasnt treated.
I find myself in the few select or minority who are capable of keeping up an emerald engagement ring but I definetely dont recommend it to others. (:

I will try to open a youtube account, hopefully its not too long of a process!

Thank you(:

The setting you like is lovely - just, from the pictures it does look like a fake bezel to me... Could be wrong but it looks like the girdle sticks up? Definitely that style will protect the girdle more than just prongs but it would, I suspect, be just a tad more at risk of getting caught compared to a real bezel.You sound exceptionally careful with your jewellery, which is great, but accidents happen eh....

I haven't heard through general browsing that there's any concern with CvB struggling with setting stones like emeralds, I just know it's something so bear in mind on basically anything that isn't diamond and then sometimes even that.

Your setting, whatever you choose, is going to be glorious!

Very excited about any upcoming videos! :D

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
The emerald is gorgeous and it is plenty blue. I’m so glad she is everything you wanted!

Names... idk, Eternity? Serenity?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The setting you like is lovely - just, from the pictures it does look like a fake bezel to me... Could be wrong but it looks like the girdle sticks up? Definitely that style will protect the girdle more than just prongs but it would, I suspect, be just a tad more at risk of getting caught compared to a real bezel.You sound exceptionally careful with your jewellery, which is great, but accidents happen eh....

I haven't heard through general browsing that there's any concern with CvB struggling with setting stones like emeralds, I just know it's something so bear in mind on basically anything that isn't diamond and then sometimes even that.

Your setting, whatever you choose, is going to be glorious!

Very excited about any upcoming videos! :D

Thank you for the concern, youve given me a few things to look into and think about.
Ultimately if an accident happened then an accident would happen and id just have to purchase another emerald then (;
I wish stones werent prone to breaking at all but even the hardest diamonds can crack.
Im also a big believer that things happen for a reason, so in the event of an accident I would just accept and move on!

I also dont plan to set this stone without insurance and then will also move onto insuring the ring all together once finished.

I should be uploading some videos in a few days so keep your eyes peeled!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I truly believe in what you said about knowing she was yours, and the good vibrations from it. I have had true love at first sight with a gem and knew it was mine.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I truly believe in what you said about knowing she was yours, and the good vibrations from it. I have had true love at first sight with a gem and knew it was mine.

Its so strange but I just know it!
From the moment I found the stone I was enamored and I didnt look deeper into the details. I just saw its listing photos and assumed that I could never convince my fiance to get me anything other than a diamond. But, the gem stayed with me and I'd think of it every now and then and log on just to see if someone had purchased it and to my surprise nobody ever did....although at one point 6 people oddly had it in their carts for months.
I even asked the seller about it several times over the last year, just watching it.
When I decided to look at the details and found that it was completely untreated I had a gut feeling that it was just destined to be mine!

I think those gems are just matched to our own souls. They radiate a similar frequency as we do or as the woman wed like to be does and find the mirror that they hold up to us enticing.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
& a few more just because its been almost four hours and I'm still like a giddy little girl!
20181112_205720_HDR.jpg 20181112_205722_HDR.jpg 20181112_205729_HDR.jpg
I cant stop taking it around and looking at it in different lighting!
It seems to photograph like a chameleon. I think I remember reading somewhere that the color of emeralds are notoriously difficult to capture in a picture, if so, its definetely true.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
& More (:
20181112_164859~2.jpg 20181112_165755~2.jpg 20181112_164328(1)~2.jpg 20181112_164248~2.jpg 20181112_164856~2.jpg 20181112_164926~2.jpg 20181112_164858~2.jpg 20181112_164857~2.jpg

Heres two photos that I thought id add because i thought it was so crazy how adding an orange background when taking a photo changed the color of the emerald;
20181112_165603~2.jpg 20181112_165558~2.jpg

That’s a GORGEOUS stone!! Congrats. :mrgreen:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I've been entertaining myself looking for appropriate names for your beautiful emerald.

These are all so cheesy, sorry, but so far I have:

Esma - depending on your reference, means a number of things: Emerald; supreme; kind defender.

Mya - also means Emerald... Although I perhaps prefer the spelling Maia, which is linked with Mya. Maia is a Roman goddess of Spring and linked with the month of May (hence why Emerald is May's birthstone). Maia I believe is also the Sanskrit word for illusions (or should I say, dreams).

Shiri - meaning song of my soul... Sounded a bit like what you were trying to say with just knowing how this emerald was yours, how there was something that spoke to your spirit.

Ok that's it from me. I saw lots of names that had potential but these were the three I liked the most. :geek2:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a STUNNING emerald! So clean, and I am so with you on the beautiful blue-green.

Congrats on the amazing stone, and what will be a very unique engagement ring!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I've been entertaining myself looking for appropriate names for your beautiful emerald.

These are all so cheesy, sorry, but so far I have:

Esma - depending on your reference, means a number of things: Emerald; supreme; kind defender.

Mya - also means Emerald... Although I perhaps prefer the spelling Maia, which is linked with Mya. Maia is a Roman goddess of Spring and linked with the month of May (hence why Emerald is May's birthstone). Maia I believe is also the Sanskrit word for illusions (or should I say, dreams).

Shiri - meaning song of my soul... Sounded a bit like what you were trying to say with just knowing how this emerald was yours, how there was something that spoke to your spirit.

Ok that's it from me. I saw lots of names that had potential but these were the three I liked the most. :geek2:

Those are actually all so beautiful!! I love them all!

And I wish I would have thought of Esma first but unfortunately @MizNina posted her beautiful bluish green emerald on the last page of this thread and her name is "Esme". (:
I love the meaning behind Shiri so so much but the sound of it being said just doesnt remind me of this stone. What a beautiful interpretation though!

I actually really like "Maia" and will keep that with me in the running!
Thank you! (:

All of your names were so spot on and lovely!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
It's so beautiful! The colour is amazing congratulations!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!!:love: my favorite stone is also emerald and also my nicest stone/ring. I love them even more than FCDs which I am also crazy about. Emeralds are very passionate stones and each very unique. I also love bluish green dresses so... we are now emerald ring twins, well almost ;-)

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I know nobody is asking for more but hey its my thread and I'm still grinning ear to ear (:
I got it to stand up on my wedding finger.
The size is just perfect for me; not too large but definitely a nice substantial emerald. Personally I think its the perfect size for an engagement CS.
18k Yellow gold or platinum?
20181112_220416~2.jpg 20181112_220413~2.jpg 20181112_220411~2.jpg
& ugh ignore my grubby little fingerprints all over the gem

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I finally was able to capture the clarity of the emerald with indirect sunlight!
This is what I see in person and is the best representation so far for clarity.
Sorry for the photo flood im just so thrilled with the stone.
So far for names im thinking of;
1. Cleo- for Cleopatra, queen of Egypt who was radically fond of them and also Elizabeth Taylor whom after playing Cleopatra had a beautiful emerald necklace made. The Egyptians apparently believed that the stone held a Goddess within it and it was a fertility stone as well as the main stone for good fortune and good luck. It was believed to banish jealousy, and evil, as well as reverse hexes or curses cast at the owner of the gem.
2. Maia- who @Lykame wonderfully explained its meaning. (:
3. Veda- pronounced [VAY-duh]; which reminded me of the spanish word "Verde" meaning green. The Veda is also the oldest Hindu scriptures that contain all sorts of magical philosophies.
20181113_075824.jpg 20181113_075825.jpg 20181113_075828.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg what an incredible stone!!! It's breathtaking in all lights and perfect! So happy for you!!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful, stunning pictures. You realise there cannot be too many pictures!

I like the idea of platinum really, as there's something quite a cool toned in colour about the stone. Do you have a platinum (or any white metal band) and a yellow gold band? You could wear one and have the stone next to it and share pictures! :geek2:

I am pretty much always biased towards platinum so I may not be the best opinion, though.

Names - well of course I like Maia! Hehe. Ignoring that name, I like Cleo. I tried looking for names about unity, patience etc but none looked particularly promising. I also tried looking for Zambian names, as it did come from Zambia. The only one I liked for this purpose was Bupe, which means gift. So, maybe... Gift of a relationship, gift of love, unity, compassion... Gift of an Emerald? I thought that was sweet.

Good luck with choosing a name - I feel like, just like you knew this was your emerald, you'll also know her name, even if she takes a while to reveal it to you.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Yummm... those French cuts :kiss2:

I personally think that emeralds in yellow gold are so classic and make everything feel all warm and glowy. But as stated before, with such a beautiful stone, you can't go wrong!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results