shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Emerald Stone- Thoughts Please!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of mixed metals a lot if you are open to it. Here are a couple of examples of mixing white and yellow gold with emeralds. I would think about which metal you will like long term, since it’s an e-ring and not a right hand ring.
2C7F7B91-14E7-4166-94BF-0EA16E4D8200.jpeg
8C1BED9C-9B04-40BD-B801-3B8EA7911D5F.jpeg 3C41C481-572B-43D2-9920-4825516501BC.jpeg
I might have missed it, but I am curious who the vendor is? A emerald is on my wishlist, and since yours looks so nice I wouldn’t mind checking out their inventory.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I love all shades of golds but I prefer green to be set in white gold or rose gold. For some reason, green and yellow gold doesn’t look modern to me. But if you go for a modern design, it could work.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!

I really want a solitaire ring, no diamonds or other stones for me.
I want the emerald to have center stage.
I plan on an antique design that is very intricate and takes a lot of skill.
The setting will cost around $2,500
And I plan on bezel settinf the emerald while using four decorative claws.
Very regal and antique looking.

Ill have diamonds or rubies on my wedding band. Probably rubies as its the opposite color to green on the color wheel and I just love colored stones.
But I'm open to color change bekily garnets, tsavorites, alexandrite, rubies, diamonds, or sapphires for the wedding band.
I want them both to have an old world feel

Also while the idea of mixed metals is interesting and can look beautiful I definitely don't want it done for my engagement ring or wedding band.

I think I'm leaning towards yellow gold.....it just feels emotionally warmer but I still cannot decide between that and platinum just yet.

voce

Ideal_Rock
If you want your engagement ring to have a vintage, old world, feel, then I think using yellow gold would be more appropriate. Somehow platinum just feels "colder" and more modern to me, and I wouldn't automatically think vintage when I hear platinum emerald solitaire.

A contrasting metal and contrasting color wedding band would look great. Whichever metal you go for with the e-ring, you can get the other one for your band.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Thanks voce! I love all of the ideas floating around!

And guys what. The. Heck.
Is it just me or is everyone and their mom into emeralds right now?
I'm not saying I started it by any means but I just saw theyre taking over momentarily here in CS. What the heck attributes to these "stone of the week/month"?
Also it seemed like a bunch of members unknowingly at once posted about emeralds, I think?!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks voce! I love all of the ideas floating around!

And guys what. The. Heck.
Is it just me or is everyone and their mom into emeralds right now?
I'm not saying I started it by any means but I just saw theyre taking over momentarily here in CS. What the heck attributes to these "stone of the week/month"?
Also it seemed like a bunch of members unknowingly at once posted about emeralds, I think?!

Maybe it’s Crazy Rich Asians having a subliminal effect on us!

Personally I’m happy because a while back tsavorite were hotter than hot, and some people were saying why would anyone want an emerald when tsavs were better in every way. Not true! And this is coming from someone who wants a tsav ring too one day, preferably in cabochon form.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it’s Crazy Rich Asians having a subliminal effect on us!

I'm guessing that theres an emerald ring in that movie?
My family went and saw it but I didn't.
Dang it....and I wanted to be different :roll:wink2:
Haha

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I'm guessing that theres an emerald ring in that movie?
My family went and saw it but I didn't.
Dang it....and I wanted to be different :roll:wink2:
Haha

Oh man, you’re missing all the bling! And yes, the emerald ring is very, very important to the story and Michelle Yeoh lent her own ring for the filming as production could not source one that was worthy :P2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

I really want a solitaire ring, no diamonds or other stones for me.
I want the emerald to have center stage.
I plan on an antique design that is very intricate and takes a lot of skill.
The setting will cost around $2,500
And I plan on bezel settinf the emerald while using four decorative claws.
Very regal and antique looking.

Ill have diamonds or rubies on my wedding band. Probably rubies as its the opposite color to green on the color wheel and I just love colored stones.
But I'm open to color change bekily garnets, tsavorites, alexandrite, rubies, diamonds, or sapphires for the wedding band.
I want them both to have an old world feel

Also while the idea of mixed metals is interesting and can look beautiful I definitely don't want it done for my engagement ring or wedding band.

I think I'm leaning towards yellow gold.....it just feels emotionally warmer but I still cannot decide between that and platinum just yet.

Sooooo.... what about high ct gold? 18- 20K gold maybe? I had to edit because I wanted to add a Van Craeysnet die struck ring. I don't know of other companies that does this type of thing but might be worth trying to find one if it won't be too expensive.
mcIIemerald.jpg
emeraldsring.jpg
Van_Craeynest_1012_Yellow_large.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo.... what about high ct gold? 18- 20K gold maybe? I had to edit because I wanted to add a Van Craeysnet die struck ring. I don't know of other companies that does this type of thing but might be worth trying to find one if it won't be too expensive.
mcIIemerald.jpg
emeraldsring.jpg
Van_Craeynest_1012_Yellow_large.jpg

What is a "VanCraeysnet die struck ring"?
That first cabochon ring has the color that I love and that is similar to my emerald....I definitely think that I'm going to go with yellow gold.

Id love to do a high carat but I also want this setting to be durable; doesn't a higher carat scratch easier than 14k?
What are the pros of a higher carat? Maybe a more true "golden" color?
Cons?
I think I'm deciding between 14k or 18k unless theres some magic that happens between the gold and the emerald when the stone is placed in yellow gold that has 20-22k.

Thanks!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh and ALSO I forgot to ask you all; if the stone checks out and causes me to have a lovely heart attack, should I insure the stone for setting?
Can you insure a stone so if it buckles under pressure you dont loose any money?

I will surely insure it after its set just in case but what does everyone reccomend that I do to ensure that the stone is ok or that I dont lose any money if something happens when the artist sets it?

Thanks in advance! I truly appreciate it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is a "VanCraeysnet die struck ring"?
That first cabochon ring has the color that I love and that is similar to my emerald....I definitely think that I'm going to go with yellow gold.

Id love to do a high carat but I also want this setting to be durable; doesn't a higher carat scratch easier than 14k?
What are the pros of a higher carat? Maybe a more true "golden" color?
Cons?
I think I'm deciding between 14k or 18k unless theres some magic that happens between the gold and the emerald when the stone is placed in yellow gold that has 20-22k.

Thanks!
Welcome to the rabbit hole...lol

Higher the gold content, the more yellow from the gold you can get. if you want to not have easily scratchable then go 18K. I would also go satin instead of polished to hide wear and tear.

https://vancraeynest.com/

They aren't cheap, however gives you an idea of how beautiful die struck pieces can be. There's some pieces in Show me the bling forum.

These guys...heard of them but never bought a piece.
https://www.whitehousebrothers.com/our-process

they've got some pretty good process going on there though and the video is very informative.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
For yellow gold, the karat makes a difference. If going for an antique, intricate look, I would choose 18k or above. Not only does it look rich, 18k is guaranteed never to tarnish.

For white gold, I am just cheap and opt for 10k if there is the option. After all, it all looks the same after rhodium plating. :D

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

Ooomph yes!
That photo was the final push towards yellow gold!
That color....thats my ideal emerald color.
A bluish brighter green! Yum!

I know the exact setting that I want! I just needed help with the gold color.
If anyone can help me out with stone insurance while setting please fill me in!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Yipppppeee!
The report is finished and it will be shipping out to me shortly.....the report came back and it has zero treatments, zero oil!

I cant wait to see it in person!

Wow, what a find! :love: That colour looks awesome as well, I hope it's as bluish in person... Never seen such a bluish emerald before they're sooooo much nicer than most emeralds I see!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooomph yes!
That photo was the final push towards yellow gold!
That color....thats my ideal emerald color.
A bluish brighter green! Yum!

I know the exact setting that I want! I just needed help with the gold color.
If anyone can help me out with stone insurance while setting please fill me in!
Awesome news ! I think yellow gold will be wonderful with it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Awesome news ! I think yellow gold will be wonderful with it!

Thank you!!
I'm hoping to have the ring made by my favorite artist, CVBInspired. Her work is just gorgeous and takes my breath away!

Thank both of you ladies I'm ecstatic really about the all natural news! And its a nice little size too. Just all smiley over here, im sure im making a million grammatical errors haha

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!
I'm hoping to have the ring made by my favorite artist, CVBInspired. Her work is just gorgeous and takes my breath away!

Thank both of you ladies I'm ecstatic really about the all natural news! And its a nice little size too. Just all smiley over here, im sure im making a million grammatical errors haha
Omg how fabulous! It’s going to be amazing!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You cannot go wrong with that stone - it would look great wrapped in a brown paper bag!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be receiving my emerald soon!
Fedex shows that its estimated delivery is Monday but I live in NM and it was sent from CO on Thursday so I'm betting that it will arrive Saturday!

I will take handshots after hovering in a corner whispering to it "my precious....my precious" and if its not what I want or looks oddly different then you'll also know because I'll need some comfort to continue the hunt.
Remember its my engagement stone so I will not settle for anything less than my dream emerald! Fingers crossed that it looks similar to its photos!

6f5066791ebe58a449d6504ead2b1893.gif OOMS.gif 7Jo6.gif giphy.gif tenor.gif e97d4c8ecc057bb09cd7ab2748e938ee00568d38_hq.gif

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be receiving my emerald soon!
Fedex shows that its estimated delivery is Monday but I live in NM and it was sent from CO on Thursday so I'm betting that it will arrive Saturday!

I will take handshots after hovering in a corner whispering to it "my precious....my precious" and if its not what I want or looks oddly different then you'll also know because I'll need some comfort to continue the hunt.
Remember its my engagement stone so I will not settle for anything less than my dream emerald! Fingers crossed that it looks similar to its photos!

6f5066791ebe58a449d6504ead2b1893.gif OOMS.gif 7Jo6.gif giphy.gif tenor.gif e97d4c8ecc057bb09cd7ab2748e938ee00568d38_hq.gif
Woohoo!! So exciting! Love those inspiration photos!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing it and hearing what you think of it! Care to share the vendor?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing it and hearing what you think of it! Care to share the vendor?

Thank you! Its very exciting!
& I have chosen not to share this particular vendor yet because there are a few other stones which im eyeing and one which I would like to see if this one for whatever reason doesnt float my boat in person.
I will let you know if this changes!

I also am a little apprehensive at sharing my vendors for gems and jewelry on here because the posts are forever immortalized and my views can change, not to mention i feel like PS has incredibly high standards.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So it went to its destination on time for it to be delivered Saturday but never went out for delivery :/ such a bummer
So Monday it is!!
Ill be out all day being a nervous nelly waiting till I can come home and see it! Eep, the last couple days are the hardest as far as being patient.:appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it went to its destination on time for it to be delivered Saturday but never went out for delivery :/ such a bummer
So Monday it is!!
Ill be out all day being a nervous nelly waiting till I can come home and see it! Eep, the last couple days are the hardest as far as being patient.:appl:
Ugh! I’m going through the exact same thing if it’s any consolation.... waiting for a star ruby. So disappointed that it didn’t come yesterday. I bet it will be here on Tuesday:(

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Garnet girl your stone is STUNNING
I just wanted to share a pic of my Victorian emerald and diamond cluster I call her Esme :sick: I have also seen major emerald love here in Australia for Emeralds at the moment. It’s definitely a thing FB91ED57-ED33-432B-87CC-4AFE6326488E.png

3E2BDD44-D241-4DD2-822C-9B2EF70233F0.png 3172E26B-D2BA-4F50-A266-1E05C3F21DA7.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results