shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged! Brad found my dream stone! 2.42 ct lavender spinel

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bumping this up. Still the nicest lavender I've seen. I come back to this post to admire a work of art. Wow.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. Most incredible blue spinel I've seen on PS. Or, really, spinel of any color -- this exact color is my (unattainable) dream. :kiss2: Hope it is being loved and worn and loved some more!!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, I haven't been on PS in ages but so nice to see activity on this old post!

The stone is still in it's original setting, and I wear it only around the house or for special occasions as the head of the setting is a bit tilted and I can't tell if it's my imagination that it's getting worse, or if I'm just freaked out. I've been putting off getting it looked at/fixed since we do still plan to have it reset.

I am learning towards a EW Margot solitaire for it, since the 8 prongs would protect it nicely and I love the delicate details of her work. The swoopy basket also echoes a channel set diamond half eternity I have been wearing with my plain wedding band where the sides of the band carved to look like baby bezels (I'll find a picture to post).

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
I know it doesn't show the stone, but this is what I've been wearing daily... you can kind of see the detail on the sides of the diamond band and how it would "match" the details on the setting I have in mind.

I sometimes stack all 3, but find that it loses the delicacy since my current solitaire has such a wide band, so when I wear the spinel I'll choose one of the bands depending on what I'm doing.

IMG-7763.JPG

Erika-Winters-Fine-Jewelry-Margot-profile-825x825.jpg
Erika-Winters-Fine-Jewelry-Margot-Platinum-825x825.jpg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know it doesn't show the stone, but this is what I've been wearing daily... you can kind of see the detail on the sides of the diamond band and how it would "match" the details on the setting I have in mind.

I sometimes stack all 3, but find that it loses the delicacy since my current solitaire has such a wide band, so when I wear the spinel I'll choose one of the bands depending on what I'm doing.

IMG-7763.JPG

Erika-Winters-Fine-Jewelry-Margot-profile-825x825.jpg
Erika-Winters-Fine-Jewelry-Margot-Platinum-825x825.jpg

Your new setting idea is gorgeous! Do you have any current pictures of the lavender? I love, love, love the color. :love::love:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, that will be spectacular. :mrgreen2: I hope you can get it reset soon, it's too special not to be worn! (I say this with total hypocrisy since I haven't worn my engagement ring, which is unfixably loose in its setting and needs a full reset, in several years...:whistle:)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, congrats!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone is one of my all time favorites! :love: I love it in its current setting and also think it would look amazing in the Margot setting. I don’t think there could be a wrong setting choice for such a beautiful stone.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your setting idea! Thanks for sharing.

Happiness always!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Well after many years of deliberation and MUCH humming and hawing, I finally sent my stone off to be reset! My decision ultimately came down to wanting to try a three-stone, with the thought that at least if I find I don't like it I can pursue a solitaire down the road and have the side stones reset as earrings .

I was really inspired by several modern but vintage-inspired designs, and ultimately it was CVB's Karissa and @KristyDarling 's ring in particular that I modified slightly with Caysie's Jovyn style shank. (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...n-ring-by-mark-t-and-cvb.252112/#post-4629674)

I was hoping for a more comprehensive announcement, but my ring is tragically being held hostage by FedEx... so since the instagram post went live, I figure maybe sharing my news will help distract me from the frustration!!

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 5.48.29 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 5.48.28 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 5.48.27 PM.jpeg

Caysie's photos show a much more saturated version of the stone than I've ever seen, but based on a video she shared, I think having more metal behind the stone relative to my former setting, and the diamonds on either side is really going to help show it off to it's best advantage.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, the colour is glorious.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I just saw that on Caysie's IG and completely freaked out :lol: ....it's SOOO spectacularly beautiful! There are no words for your ston.... and the side cushions!! :kiss2: You and Caysie made such tasteful, excellent choices with the design of this ring! It's truly one of a kind! :clap:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is beautiful!!:kiss2:
I hope FedEx releases it very soon so you can have it safely in your hands. I can’t wait to see more pictures of the ring!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sprinted here when I saw her post I knew it had to be yours lol

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohh! amazing setting for an amazing stone! Has it been 7 years already? i can’t wait to see hand shots! And more details about this 3 stone ring!
-C4C
(aka crazy for color!)

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! This stone is beyond beautiful. I loved it when I first saw it and now you have turned into a work of perfection.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, it is so so beautiful!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: That stone is a unicorn. :love:
I have never seen a spinel quite like it and I'm not sure I ever will again. It's beyond words. Now you've placed it into just a spectacular ring.
I need a moment. :lol:
I'm excited for pictures!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
86DAE8FD-3227-41F8-B982-4C29DEA4C858.gif

I should have known it was yours. Like @ItsMainelyYou said, that baby is a unicorn! The color is something special (and very hard to find). It’s something of an icon here on PS.

I absolutely adore your new setting. The whole thing is so elegant and feminine…and those diamond cushions!! :kiss2: I think you look something amazing and made it even better. Hopefully, it will be at your door soon because I don’t think we can wait long for more pics. Must. See. More!:evil2:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Well after many years of deliberation and MUCH humming and hawing, I finally sent my stone off to be reset! My decision ultimately came down to wanting to try a three-stone, with the thought that at least if I find I don't like it I can pursue a solitaire down the road and have the side stones reset as earrings .

I was really inspired by several modern but vintage-inspired designs, and ultimately it was CVB's Karissa and @KristyDarling 's ring in particular that I modified slightly with Caysie's Jovyn style shank. (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...n-ring-by-mark-t-and-cvb.252112/#post-4629674)

I was hoping for a more comprehensive announcement, but my ring is tragically being held hostage by FedEx... so since the instagram post went live, I figure maybe sharing my news will help distract me from the frustration!!

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 5.48.29 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 5.48.28 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 5.48.27 PM.jpeg

Caysie's photos show a much more saturated version of the stone than I've ever seen, but based on a video she shared, I think having more metal behind the stone relative to my former setting, and the diamonds on either side is really going to help show it off to it's best advantage.

It’s amazing. Please hurry up and post some more photos in various lighting. It’s so interesting how different the color looks in these photos compared to the earlier ones but even in the earlier ones it varies. No matter the shade they are all stunning and the variety is fun.

I have a small lavender sapphire that I just had set and it seems to change from pink to lavender to lilac. I’m looking forward to seeing how mine looks in its new setting too.

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! Beautiful ring, and spinel!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, when I saw her post, I was like WHERE DID SHE GET THAT STONE?! :roll: I should have known! Let me know if you want to meet up for a coffee, so I can ogle it in person again!! :kiss2:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes on your engagement, the very pretty spinel. Glad you provided lots of pics, it shows differently! Like your sweet horse, too!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations.
So beautiful.
all those different colours and hues depending on the light source, like having a dozen different gemstones and ALL stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results