shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just awful, we have all got so used to buying big ticket items online and feeling it’s a safe thing to do, I really hope everyone affected gets their money back.

A quick Google search showed up a landline number and address on Whitepages for Joshua, would it be worth calling that on the off chance of getting hold of him? He’s also on LinkedIn (which I am not so can’t see), maybe there’s other contact info there?

Good luck to everyone involved.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read some of the comments ED posted to customers on their IG, and they are saying their “platform is down” and they hope to be up and running Monday, but that was posted a couple days ago now. And they asked customers to DM them for detail, which I personally find sketchy, like they don’t want to say what the real problem/s are publicly. If they were experiencing a legitimate technology issue such as an ordering system failure or telephone system outage, the easy thing to do is post a message on IG that X is temporarily broken/down, and offer an alternative way to contact them regarding orders. That they have not done that leads me to believe that the situation is far worse (legal/financial problems) than a technology issue, and they are just covering/buying time.

I don’t know if all of the people posting on ED’s IG are PSers or not, but there are a lot of good suggestions in this thread for ED’s customers to pursue remedy, contact authorities, etc that @MollyMalone and others shared. Hopefully they find their way here and read them, know they aren’t alone, and can act quickly in hopes of recouping their losses, if possible.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@MollyMalone
Thank you for your encouraging words to me and to everyone here who has suffered a financial loss due to this unfortunate event. The owner of ED has posted here before. I did a search when I first joined PS and found threads he was in. One in particular was about the ED “cut score”. For those who remember that thread, did he say he was a third generation diamond dealer? Beginning with his grandmother? And when I was in the process of canceling my ED order, I was told by his people that he was in India on business. On another note, I asked ED some vetting questions before I jumped into a purchase with them. The fact that he had a long standing positive history with the BBB gave me a false sense of security. But ultimately, I don’t think I would have seen my refund without the BBB.

Last edited:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It didn't occur to me that someone might think there was something untoward about a "foreign" corporation doing business in NY, so thanks for adding your fyi!

I promise you, @Kaycee2018, Ms @MollyMalone is a straight shooter and when she thanks you for the fyi, she legitimately means it. I know it is hard to figure out tone when reading the replies of a stranger, but this PSer is cool through and through.

What's funny is that when I read foreign entity, I just went, oh, not incorporated in NY and shrugged it off, not even thinking that someone could interpret foreign as beyond out of state. Lololol. That's why I tell people nowadays my JD stands for juvenile delinquent.

Thank you @MollyMalone and @PintoBean. And I apologize if my posts were curt...it was late and I should have waited to post until I had more time to clarify.

GL to everyone involved in this mess. Such a nightmare.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Here is a copy/paste I was remembering from Joshua from a thread about his cut scores in 2016:

“Asserting that I dont have strong relationships with cutters is also patently false - 4 generations into this business, my father being a former arbitrator at the Diamond Dealers Club of NY and having direct lines to pretty much every large siteholder/polisher discredits that. My Great-Grandmother was a diamond broker in Tehran and was referred to as "Chanum Dalall" which translates to Madamme Broker - Jews and Muslims alike entrusted her with their diamonds and held her with reverence. She was one of the only women of her time to be conducting business. Im proud to carry her torch.”

1st time buyer

Rough_Rock
When I spoke to Joshua, May 7, he mentioned he, and I’m assuming his wife, were expecting a baby. I asked when and he said in a month, which would be around this time. When I was on the phone with him about my whole fiasco, he said he was going to bring his baby to work, because that was how he grew up.

I don’t know if any of this is true, or if he is in India, but it’s all so strange.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had this happen to me, only with a local furniture store (they took our 50% deposit for a Thomasville dining room set knowing they were going into receivership the next day). The next day the doors were locked and the business no longer existed. We were considered an unsecured creditor. It took a while, but our CC company saved us by eventually doing a charge back.

So I would advise those who have paid with PayPal or CC to file claims. Not sure if banks can reverse charges on wire transfers, but it’s worth contacting your bank to ask.
Stories like this are why I always pay by CC, even if a discount is offered. I really hope that this story ends well for all those impacted

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate this so much for all who are caught in this mess. I tried to give this company a chance years ago. But it seemed their business model was to keep great stones listed even after they were sold to probably have people hooked so they could offer them other stones. After I recommended stones here three times and it turned out the stones were already sold and they were not updating their site to show them sold, I stopped ever looking there again. I also tried to warn others. Wish the warnings posted by myself and others had been seen. The lure of the lowest price is tempting, but it sadly isn't always safe.

fp92

Rough_Rock
Stressing out here. Seems like same story as everyone else. Ring is 3 weeks late and excuse after excuse. I last got a message from them on monday about my order. Anyone more recent?

Found them on stonealgo who had great things to say about enchanted but today no sign of enchanted on their site and now i can’t find a way to chat them like before...

Literally do not know what to do right now

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Stories like this are why I always pay by CC, even if a discount is offered. I really hope that this story ends well for all those impacted
Yes, so true ! I always use a CC that has a purchase protection policy.Online shoppers can’t find out the financial standing of a private company,not worth the risk IMO.
I’m so sorry this has happened!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me say that a CC is a good idea for lesser known vendors. But I have sent wires to TRUSTED vendors such as Whiteflash, Victor Canera, Jonathan of August Vintage, Caysie van Bebber, etc. MANY times. I have total trust in all of them, as well as Wink of High Performance Diamonds and other popular PS vendors whom I just haven't had the chance to buy from yet.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@fp92

I’m so sorry you are going through this ordeal. Please see the link above. Can you go to Yelp? Find Numan S.? He will take care of you.

Last edited:

JT123

Shiny_Rock
Let me say that a CC is a good idea for lesser known vendors. But I have sent wires to TRUSTED vendors such as Whiteflash, Victor Canera, Jonathan of August Vintage, Caysie van Bebber, etc. MANY times. I have total trust in all of them, as well as Wink of High Performance Diamonds and other popular PS vendors whom I just haven't had the chance to buy from yet.
Yeah I’m guessing Pricescope vetts these vendors pretty good. Sounds like RC is cleaning house right now. I’m really happy to see this being done, WTG rarecarat!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
@fp92

I’m so sorry you are going through this ordeal. Please see the link above. Can you go to Yelp? Find Numan S.? He will take care of you.

Just read RC statement. It is interesting that when I chatted them on June 1, they stated that it was ED decision to remove themselves from the platform. On another note, hiring a lawyer and everything is great, but even if ED was found guilty, if they have no money, where will the customers get their refunds or settlements from? It's similar to when you are awarded a certain amount of money, but the defendant is broke, it is unlikely you will ever see that money! Hoping they resume their operations on June 17 as sated, but not holding my breath, as it would be pretty hard to bounce back after this one.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per that posting on RC:
“Enchanted Diamonds has not been listed on our search engine since May 30th, when we paused their listings noticing data errors – namely, mispriced and artificially treated diamonds ...”

Might be a good idea - for folks who bought from ED - to have their items checked out if they haven’t already! This is really sad & shameful. :(2

L

lydial

I purchased a stone I found on RC through Four Mine (that now has a new name, With Clarity and I am wondering why now!) and I was so nervous when it was 10 days late but it finally came with an NYC jeweler appraisal and beautiful packaging. The RC search engine is amazing. It appears their CEO wants those suffering to have an easier resolution so I am impressed but also jaded that businesses could be operating under very shady conditions. I would hope Enchanted has business insurance! When I made my Four Mine purchase I used my CC because I am uncomfortable with drop shippers after a bad purchase of a ceiling fan for <$300 from a criminal drop shopper, I would never do it again. I feel so bad for OP and the others involved. What an awful way to learn this lesson!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
There is a woman who talked to Joshua about selling her diamond back to him. He agreed to a price and she shipped it to him. He never sent her the payment or the setting that he agreed to return. She is trying to join PS to get advice but she said she has tried about 20 screen names and none have worked. Thoughts?

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@psadmin thank you!!
Another guy just joined the private convo. He is proposing at Disney in 9 days with a ring pop. This situation is breaking my heart. I feel like I’m looking in my rear view mirror at a multi car collision that I narrowly escaped. How can this be real?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MollyMalone , I should have mentioned that I did leave a message with the Manhattan DA office as per your advice. Thank you for that number.

Also, what you mentioned, is exactly what the rep at the FTC told me- they could not investigate individual claims, but they would take a report and if enough began to correlate, they take a look deeper into it and under their determination, open an investigation.

Disappointingly, the NYPD precinct closest to Enchanted Diamonds on Broadway in Manhattan couldn’t care less when I called to report it to them there.

FWIW, I have been told by someone who spoke to the CEO of Rare Carat (who personally went down to the ED NYC showroom) and the office is completely cleared out.

So they had a showroom. THat was my question. And now no longer. That answers my question. Thank you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I don't get how ED can continue to post on Instagram but not have the time to answer concerned customers' concerns. I'm sadly one of those customers who bank wired payment to ED. Placed an order on 3rd June and no update whatsoever from anybody other than a rather cryptic email message that says "they hope to have a plan to resume operations Monday" after numerous live chat messages that went unanswered.

That doesn't sound promising and don't how I can recoup $$ I wired them.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@maita13
There is a private convo linked above that I posted yesterday. If you haven’t already, please join us there for more specific info. This link is for anyone in a financial dispute with ED.

We are all sick about this.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to everyone involved. I pray you can get your money back and Joshua will do the right thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results