shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald help

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This stone makes me wanna meow like a cat! Sorry I'm so weird!
I just loveeeee emeralds and this one is lovely.
So happy to see emeralds having another moment right now on PS!

I cant wait to set my engagement emerald.....ahhhhh the wait :sleep:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge stone, it’s going to be a very regal ring when it’s done!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl Thanks!! Oooh, I want to see your emerald! And your setting ideas!

@T L 3.4ct.

Heres my baby, I've been in love with her for a few years before nobody found her and I finally had the cash to purchase her.
Shes a GIA certified untreated 1.47ct Zambian girl that is 8 x 6.7 x 4.5mm.
20181113_075824~2.jpg
This photo is the most accurate as far as tone and color.
She's honestly my dream Emmy and I plan on having her set by Caysie from CVBInspiredDesigns. I fell in love with her work and plan on doing a mixture of her signature styles....miligrain bezel with four malificent claws each holding the middle of each side rather than the corners. I debated for some time on what metal color and eventually was struck with 18k rose gold as it's the best of both rose and yellow gold.
Your ring will be stunning and HUGE lucky girl! :P2

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garnetgirl - beautiful stone. I think it will look magnificent in rose gold.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that’s a substantial stone. I’m so glad you love it. Of course we all want t know the details - carats, dimensions. Congrats

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Garnetgirl - beautiful stone. I think it will look magnificent in rose gold.

Thank you! I have 0% regret when it comes to her! I almost didnt purchase her because she sat for a while but it became evident that she was the one as more time passed.
I cannot wait to set her! Some days I put her gem box in my bra and walk around like that, pulling the box out in private to oogle at her in different light sources.
I swear im like Gollum with this emerald haha :twisted2:

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@Garnetgirl beautiful emerald! The colour is stunning. And it looks like it was totally worth the wait! I can’t wait to see it set. I’m sure it will look fabulous!

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Okay, here are the details:

Vendor was Bright Green Stones in Bangkok. I was nervous to purchase from an overseas vendor but they were very communicative and happy to respond to my many questions and requests for photos and videos.

The stone is Colombian, BG says it is from Muzo, minor oil, 3.43ct, 10.85 x 8.90 x 5.46 (which I am guessing means it is cut quite shallow - I was (pleasantly) surprised at how large it looked in person). Price was $8,100 (negotiated) which was quite a bit cheaper than the other (slightly smaller) stone I was interested in, which was from Leibish.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here are the details:

Vendor was Bright Green Stones in Bangkok. I was nervous to purchase from an overseas vendor but they were very communicative and happy to respond to my many questions and requests for photos and videos.

The stone is Colombian, BG says it is from Muzo, minor oil, 3.43ct, 10.85 x 8.90 x 5.46 (which I am guessing means it is cut quite shallow - I was (pleasantly) surprised at how large it looked in person). Price was $8,100 (negotiated) which was quite a bit cheaper than the other (slightly smaller) stone I was interested in, which was from Leibish.
Now that I know the other dealer was Leibish, I’m
sure the price difference was probably a higher dealer markup. They have beautiful gems, but you pay for them!!

I’m so happy you went with this stone!

That’s a huge spread on that gem, another reason to love emeralds, low S.G.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, I think your cut is great, no window, and great spread. My 2.75 ct is 9x7, but cut a bit deep.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
An update on my experience with BG.

When we originally communicated, I said I wanted to send the stone to AGL or GIA for an additional certification (in addition to the GRS cert provided by BG), and requested a right to return the stone if the AGL or GIA report came back with treatments other than the minor oil that was disclosed in the GRS cert. This was in addition to BG's standard return policy, which is return for change of mind within 2 weeks from shipment date. BG agreed to my additional request, on the basis that I pay the return shipping and any import taxes under either scenario. I agreed.

I dropped the stone into AGL today (I work nearby) and was told that there is a 3.5 week turnaround time at the moment for prestige reports. I reached out to BG afterwards to let them know timing.

Disappointingly, BG told me this was too long and they needed to release the funds before then. I explained this was the additional return condition we agreed, and they initially reniged, saying that they had agreed a 2 week return period.

After some back and forth, they agreed to allow me an additional week return period.

I must, say, I am disappointed because I very clearly explained that I wanted the additional certification, and they agreed to the additional return condition I requested prior to my purchase. Hopefully I can either call the AGL for an initial opinion over the phone in the next week or so, and/or the stone completely checks out.

But posting this here as a buyer beware, and in full disclosure because I realise others may now look to BG because of my earlier glowing review, as they didn't have a track record with PS before.

I will keep you updated as to what I hear from the AGL. As I said, hopefully everything checks out and this becomes a non-issue.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can pat an extra fee to AGL to rush a report. Not optimal of course, but it may be an option. Thank you for the update!!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So appreciate you taking the time with the update! Just hoping with fingers and toes crossed everything works out!
-C4C

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing with us. AGL says that 72-hour rush service is available for twice the normal fee, if needed.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@T L @Rad_Fan thank you for the info! I have reached out to AGL and will see what they can do. When I first dropped it off, they said the timing was due to staff being away at the Vegas show, and having a some certifications already in the queue for them when they return.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
It is so incredibly difficult to judge Michelle’s ring from that photo under all those bright lights, and taken several yards away. My guess is that she has a medium dark fine Columbian emerald, very clean, and of extremely fine quality. It looks medium toned in your photo, but the photo isn’t accurate at all. Ive attached another.

My preference would be to get the cleanest, medium dark toned, saturated bluish green Columbian emerald you can find, even if it’s less than a carat, if you want to emulate her ring.

She wore it in the film, “Crazy Rich Asians,” and I think this film still is a better representation of the color. My stone looks darker toned than hers, which isn’t for everyone, but I think medium darks are gorgeous as well. You also don’t want a dark stone with poor saturation.

0C6B3716-1336-42EF-90D7-81AD0C848259.jpeg

Thank you for the kind words in my stone.

I believe her stone is similar to this hue and tone IRL, but more bluish (cameras fail to capture the blue in emeralds most if the time), it will have that metallic sheen and also glow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmYq7igAUq9/?igshid=1fp3kga4v8y1h

My stone is like this hue and color in the below link, and looks very similar, but I have some jardin in mine. The color is slightly bluish though, and I suspect it is for this stone as well, but the camera fails to show it. This is too dark for some people, but I love this color. Under bright direct sunlight, it does glow, and other lighting, you get that sheen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BheqAU7Dq2W/?igshid=1b8za1av56bh9

The stone you picked out in Etsy is a medium toned one like my larger 2.76 carat emerald. It will glow in sunlight and have a nice indoor satiny sheen, but not the metallic sheen that reminds me of green Christmas bows.

5FEAF6CC-D942-4606-966C-95B92990D1B9.jpeg

@T L, is that your ring pictured??
It looks just like the "Crazy Rich Asians" ring!
Gorgeous : )

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo!! That IS the Crazy Rich Asians ring! It’s actually owned by Michelle Yeoh and she wore it in the film.

I WISH it were my ring!:kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to know someone has purchased from this vendor. Their Instagram feed is spectacular.

What is their IG name? I can’t find it.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@T L @Rad_Fan thank you for the info! I have reached out to AGL and will see what they can do. When I first dropped it off, they said the timing was due to staff being away at the Vegas show, and having a some certifications already in the queue for them when they return.

Any updates? Hope it works out for you. ;)2

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Any updates? Hope it works out for you. ;)2

AGL changed my order to a verbal assessment, which takes 1.5 weeks. That seemed to be the fastest they could do. It seems like all of their staff are at the Vegas show, so perhaps that’s why the 72 hour rush order wasn’t suggested to me as an option. I reached back out to BG to let them know updated timing and they are yet to respond...

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
@Rad_Fan I responded too soon! BG have just written back and said the timing is perfect, which is good news. The note was nice, saying they hoped I understood, and as wholesalers, time and cash flow plays big role in their business model.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan I responded too soon! BG have just written back and said the timing is perfect, which is good news. The note was nice, saying they hoped I understood, and as wholesalers, time and cash flow plays big role in their business model.

Thanks. Live and learn. Guess we all need to time the purchase according to these big trade shows next time...if possible.

Glad BG is willing work with you. BTW, have you asked if BG could send it to AGL directly? I guess you were very excited to see it in person before deciding to send it to the lab.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. Live and learn. Guess we all need to time the purchase according to these big trade shows next time...if possible.

Glad BG is willing work with you. BTW, have you asked if BG could send it to AGL directly? I guess you were very excited to see it in person before deciding to send it to the lab.
They offered to send it to GIA in Bangkok if I paid the cert fee, and if the stone came back with minor oil only I would pay the purchase price and they would ship it to me (I don’t think there is an AGL in Asia). The other option they gave me was for me to purchase and then I could send to GIA or AGL myself. I preferred the AGL cert, and also wanted the ability to see the emerald in person and so if I just wasn’t thrilled with it for whatever reason, I could return it without bothering with the certification.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results