shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald help

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
8771B970-351A-4123-9AA2-067FE13AEDD0.jpeg 5FE3AB4D-3EB7-4B65-B03B-07AE847606DC.jpeg @t86 I couldn’t find any outdoor photos, but here are some indoor photos I found.

I asked Steven to make the prongs very fine and for minimal metal to be visible from the top, and I am thrilled with the result.

YES to minimal metal!!! It's to die for. I am so glad you came back with more pictures. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing, well made, and timeless beauty!

Emerald cut emerald is definitely on my wishlist!

Snow White

Rough_Rock
8771B970-351A-4123-9AA2-067FE13AEDD0.jpeg 5FE3AB4D-3EB7-4B65-B03B-07AE847606DC.jpeg @t86 I couldn’t find any outdoor photos, but here are some indoor photos I found.

I asked Steven to make the prongs very fine and for minimal metal to be visible from the top, and I am thrilled with the result.

Oh, this is such a beauty! Your ring reachs perfection in my eyes.
I had a German jewelry maker create a "similar" ring for me.
Yours is so much more balanced and elegant.
Congratulation for it and for your coming baby!

t86

Shiny_Rock

OMG gorgeous!!!

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous - I love the proportions of the center and sides -what size are the side stones? I actually prefer the cleaner look of your ring compared to mine, but I purchased mine already made. If I had gone custom I would have done just as you have. Adore double prongs - This is as classic and beautiful as they come. A true heirloom piece to be enjoyed for generations. :kiss2: Looks divine on your finger.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and classic. :love:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

STUNNING!!! Beautiful results from all of your hard work and dedicated research. Thank you so much for sharing, both this beauty and all of the valuable information on how it came to be. I always appreciate when PSers share their experiences with vendors, especially online vendors as purchasing jewelry online can be more unnerving!! It can really pay off though, if you have all the facts (like you gathered and shared with us). Thank you again, enjoy this beauty, and hope all is well with the new baby too!!! : )

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Okay, here are the details:

Vendor was Bright Green Stones in Bangkok. I was nervous to purchase from an overseas vendor but they were very communicative and happy to respond to my many questions and requests for photos and videos.

The stone is Colombian, BG says it is from Muzo, minor oil, 3.43ct, 10.85 x 8.90 x 5.46 (which I am guessing means it is cut quite shallow - I was (pleasantly) surprised at how large it looked in person). Price was $8,100 (negotiated) which was quite a bit cheaper than the other (slightly smaller) stone I was interested in, which was from Leibish.

Wanted to ask- was Total Price for the emerald $8,100? Included the vendor's cert and shipping?

(I know you pursued an additional cert to verify treatment, but did I read the vendor had provided a cert that detailed color as well as claiming minor treatment?)

All that to say a bit over $8k total for this emerald seems a fantastic rate!

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! It’s fit for a queen!!

Thank you! And thank you for all of your help and patience with my questions when I was looking. So nerve-wracking buying a stone when not going through the typical b&m route, but so worthwhile.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Oh, this is such a beauty! Your ring reachs perfection in my eyes.
I had a German jewelry maker create a "similar" ring for me.
Yours is so much more balanced and elegant.
Congratulation for it and for your coming baby!

Thank you, @Snow White! I would LOVE to see your emerald ring. I bet it’s gorgeous, especially if your sapphire ring in your avatar is anything to go by

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous - I love the proportions of the center and sides -what size are the side stones? I actually prefer the cleaner look of your ring compared to mine, but I purchased mine already made. If I had gone custom I would have done just as you have. Adore double prongs - This is as classic and beautiful as they come. A true heirloom piece to be enjoyed for generations. :kiss2: Looks divine on your finger.

Around 0.8ctw. Steven originally recommended 1ctw for the side stones, but the ring ended up looking a little wide when we held them up to the centre stone. We also looked at slightly smaller side stones (around 0.6ctw), which was lovely too, although a different look.

I would love to see your emerald ring? Is it the one in your avatar? If so, looks gorgeous!

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to ask- was Total Price for the emerald $8,100? Included the vendor's cert and shipping?

(I know you pursued an additional cert to verify treatment, but did I read the vendor had provided a cert that detailed color as well as claiming minor treatment?)

All that to say a bit over $8k total for this emerald seems a fantastic rate!

Thank you, @EmeraldEmpress !! Yes, our little one is just gorgeous and doing well, which is the absolute best thing!

Yes, that's right. I had a hard time finding emerald of the size I wanted from the recommended vendor list, so I didn't have a lot of comps to compare it with. But it was a bit less expensive than the few similar emeralds I did find.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Around 0.8ctw. Steven originally recommended 1ctw for the side stones, but the ring ended up looking a little wide when we held them up to the centre stone. We also looked at slightly smaller side stones (around 0.6ctw), which was lovely too, although a different look.

I would love to see your emerald ring? Is it the one in your avatar? If so, looks gorgeous!

Yes my avatar is my emerald - thank you! Here are the specs on mine - Octagonal Step Cut Transparent Intense Green Natural Emerald from Zambia F1 (Minor Clarity Enhanced) 3.88 carats by weight 11.59x9.15x5.35. Flanking the sides are two trapezoid diamonds VS2 G-H color .90 each. The mounting also features princess cut diamonds channel set down the band all VS2 and G-H color. Total diamond weight 2.95 carats in total with Emerald 6.83 carats.

I wish my stone was a little more protected - I am so afraid of damaging the stone I only wear the ring on rare dressy occasions which is a shame. (Especially since I now literally go nowhere) I have been mulling a reset but since it is a designer piece feel like maybe I should just sell and start over since there is a high value in the designer name.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner! :kiss2:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, @EmeraldEmpress !! Yes, our little one is just gorgeous and doing well, which is the absolute best thing!

Yes, that's right. I had a hard time finding emerald of the size I wanted from the recommended vendor list, so I didn't have a lot of comps to compare it with. But it was a bit less expensive than the few similar emeralds I did find.

So happy to hear baby is well : )
Thank you for all of the information you've shared, it is most helpful!
I agree that there are fantastic deals to be found online, but it is much more unnerving than shopping B&M. Just as an aside- I reached out to BG Stones bc I'm interested in a few stones they have and would also like their help in sourcing some additional stones, and their quotes to me didn't include shipping costs. Perhaps this is bc I am located in the U.S. though. I'm not sure where you may be located, or if perhaps BG Stones has changed their shipping policies.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
@EmeraldEmpress, we need to see more of your emerald ring!

Alas, the ring in my Avatar is a dream ring, which I hope to have someday : ) It inspires me very much though!!! I am fortunate to have an authentic Art Deco 3.65ctw, F color diamond ring that I have considered making my Avatar... but there is just something about that emerald ring... ; )

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

classy, fabulous, truly fantastic, old hollywood, important emerald ring!! how do you get anything done with that enormous emerald on your hand??! I adore it on you! wear in the best of health and everlasting happiness!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results