shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Cut Diamond for Engagement Ring Advice

RockyMountain279

Rough_Rock
I can definitely agree--I can see the wisdom in focusing on the stone. I have a diamond budget in the 3-4K range--when I was given the outline of what to look for, that was also included as criteria by my S.O. :D Realistically that's likely a good range for my budget as it is. I'm anticipating focusing most of the overall budget on the stone.

Again, thank you for the great info and taking the time to help and give advice!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can definitely agree--I can see the wisdom in focusing on the stone. I have a diamond budget in the 3-4K range--when I was given the outline of what to look for, that was also included as criteria by my S.O. :D Realistically that's likely a good range for my budget as it is. I'm anticipating focusing most of the overall budget on the stone.

Again, thank you for the great info and taking the time to help and give advice!

It’s a pleasure to help!
Please keep us posted, and come back with any visuals with which you may need assistance!

RockyMountain279

Rough_Rock
Hi! A bit of a delayed followup. It goes without saying that things have been a little topsy-turvy lately with the current state of the world, but I am back in the saddle and looking to finish out selecting a great stone. I've tried to take a lot of the advice to heart, but still feel new at this!

To that end, I've got a couple diamonds I'm going to post here to see if my picker is at all better calibrated.

0.90 CT. EMERALD CUT DIAMOND
1.01 CT. EMERALD CUT DIAMOND
Of note, Adiamor isn't able to hold diamonds, so no fair buying those out until I can vet them. ;)2

They also can't provide any additional images, video, or ASET. I'm finding that a very common trend for diamonds over many of the services I pull out of the PriceScope Diamond Search. Should that be a deal breaker? Should I be looking at other sources in order to try and identity sources that can more readily supply this information?

As a reminder, I'm looking for something around the price of those diamonds for budget--up to 4K (I was instructed to spend no more than that!). Emerald cut is a must, size is roughly 1 CT, but flexible up or down a bit. Ultimately I'd love a love a good cut and a great stone.

So, in looking at the two above, I was trying to find some that appeared to have a good step pattern through the stone, even faces, and not a lot of sliding in as it turns. Was I successful? I am still attempting to develop an eye for it and may also have been staring at diamond rotations too much lately. :lol-2:

Any thoughts or guidance is appreciated. This community is great and thanks in advance (and for all the help thus far)!

RockyMountain279

Rough_Rock
Also, any info on an "affinity cut?" It looks like something specific to the vendor?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, any info on an "affinity cut?" It looks like something specific to the vendor?

Yup, it's just their way of saying a stone is particularly well cut (in their opinion). IRL it is pretty meaningless

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
They also can't provide any additional images, video, or ASET. I'm finding that a very common trend for diamonds over many of the services I pull out of the PriceScope Diamond Search. Should that be a deal breaker? Should I be looking at other sources in order to try and identity sources that can more readily supply this information?

No, right now, with covid-19 hitting India very hard, a lot of these services are not available as it was often the cutter providing those images (since they still own the diamond) many vendors are finding their requests for this info denied when they ask. Bringing in stones is no longer as simple as it previously was with worldwide shipping and staffing impacted. I wouldn't hold this against a vendor right now.

RockyMountain279

Rough_Rock
Okay, thanks! And that makes sense with the trade disruption.

So, when shopping for a stone through one of these vendors, when I see a decent 360 view such as the ones posted above, is that generally "enough" to get a good idea of the quality of the stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results