shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Edwardian diamond turquoise crescent

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhh...that is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous on you, @Cerulean! I love that you added extra rings for different length options. Beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this!!!! Turquoise is a favorite of mine, and I think it adds so much to this piece!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous on you, @Cerulean! I love that you added extra rings for different length options. Beautiful!

I’ve worn it everyday since I’ve gotten it for that very reason! It can work with any too basically! Thank you

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pairing… They look like your great grandfather had them commissioned together for his wife a hundred years ago. What a match made in vintage :love:

Cerulean I love your style. It’s a perfect melding of prescriptive and off-the-cuff, new and old, classic and whimsical. This is such a beautiful piece!! I love those bright pops of - um, pretty close to literal cerulean blue? - the turquoise has kept is colour wonderfully! And it’s right at home with your other jewels. And I know you have a soft spot for celestial themes - congratulations on your new addition :bigsmile: :love: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful and looks perfect on you! Nothing is better on PS than reading about a PSer’s excitement over a new piece. It makes for such a happy thread.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This pairing… They look like your great grandfather had them commissioned together for his wife a hundred years ago. What a match made in vintage :love:

Cerulean I love your style. It’s a perfect melding of prescriptive and off-the-cuff, new and old, classic and whimsical. This is such a beautiful piece!! I love those bright pops of - um, pretty close to literal cerulean blue? - the turquoise has kept is colour wonderfully! And it’s right at home with your other jewels. And I know you have a soft spot for celestial themes - congratulations on your new addition :bigsmile: :love: :appl:

Aww thank you. That’s so sweet of you to say about my small (but casually growing :lol: ) collection

And the blue is just marvelous, it’s amazing how it’s held up. Many antique turquoise pieces haven’t fared well. I imagine that this brooch sat nestled into its little velvet box for the better part of a century! Hopefully she’s ready for a more rambunctious chapter! Hah

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if this merits its own thread, but I’m so thrilled with this piece. It’s a holy grail item for me! I’ve always adored celestial pieces…and I’ve particularly admired the antique diamond crescents that adorn Pricescope. They’ve also continued to climb in price as they’ve grown in popularity.

I knew I wanted one with a pop of color - solid gold versus silver or platinum, and delicate prongs. I had an image in my head but nothing ever struck me, so I’ve patiently waited until the right crescent came along.

I stumbled on a 15k gold, turquoise and diamond crescent brooch at an online auction. It was 4.9 cm, not too blingy so that I could wear it everyday, turquoise is one of my favorite colored stones (also my birthstone) and after hemming and hawing for a few days I knew I had to have it! It wasn’t a steal, but it’s exactly what I wanted.

I had it converted to a necklace at a local jeweler. They had a gorgeous faceted 14k gold chain that delicately shimmers (it matched better than 18k YG).

I toyed with orientation and whether to leave it a pendant versus permanently attach it, but went for having it attached. I added a few jump rings so I could adjust and voila! I instructed the bench to leave as much patina as possible and it looks like they did.

It goes perfectly with my Edwardian 15k gold diamond studs my mother got me! Match made in heaven. I’m just over the moon ;-)

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

That is beautiful and looks perfect on you! Congratulations on getting jewel of the week!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Cerulean !!!! What a wonderful piece!!! So unique and elegant! It looks lovely on you!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure if this merits its own thread, but I’m so thrilled with this piece. It’s a holy grail item for me! I’ve always adored celestial pieces…and I’ve particularly admired the antique diamond crescents that adorn Pricescope. They’ve also continued to climb in price as they’ve grown in popularity.

I knew I wanted one with a pop of color - solid gold versus silver or platinum, and delicate prongs. I had an image in my head but nothing ever struck me, so I’ve patiently waited until the right crescent came along.

I stumbled on a 15k gold, turquoise and diamond crescent brooch at an online auction. It was 4.9 cm, not too blingy so that I could wear it everyday, turquoise is one of my favorite colored stones (also my birthstone) and after hemming and hawing for a few days I knew I had to have it! It wasn’t a steal, but it’s exactly what I wanted.

I had it converted to a necklace at a local jeweler. They had a gorgeous faceted 14k gold chain that delicately shimmers (it matched better than 18k YG).

I toyed with orientation and whether to leave it a pendant versus permanently attach it, but went for having it attached. I added a few jump rings so I could adjust and voila! I instructed the bench to leave as much patina as possible and it looks like they did.

It goes perfectly with my Edwardian 15k gold diamond studs my mother got me! Match made in heaven. I’m just over the moon ;-)

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

i just want to say not only is the piece so beautiful but the photos are spot on also

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results