shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Edwardian diamond turquoise crescent

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure if this merits its own thread, but I’m so thrilled with this piece. It’s a holy grail item for me! I’ve always adored celestial pieces…and I’ve particularly admired the antique diamond crescents that adorn Pricescope. They’ve also continued to climb in price as they’ve grown in popularity.

I knew I wanted one with a pop of color - solid gold versus silver or platinum, and delicate prongs. I had an image in my head but nothing ever struck me, so I’ve patiently waited until the right crescent came along.

I stumbled on a 15k gold, turquoise and diamond crescent brooch at an online auction. It was 4.9 cm, not too blingy so that I could wear it everyday, turquoise is one of my favorite colored stones (also my birthstone) and after hemming and hawing for a few days I knew I had to have it! It wasn’t a steal, but it’s exactly what I wanted.

I had it converted to a necklace at a local jeweler. They had a gorgeous faceted 14k gold chain that delicately shimmers (it matched better than 18k YG).

I toyed with orientation and whether to leave it a pendant versus permanently attach it, but went for having it attached. I added a few jump rings so I could adjust and voila! I instructed the bench to leave as much patina as possible and it looks like they did.

It goes perfectly with my Edwardian 15k gold diamond studs my mother got me! Match made in heaven. I’m just over the moon ;-)

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
I’m not sure if this merits its own thread, but I’m so thrilled with this piece. It’s a holy grail item for me! I’ve always adored celestial pieces…and I’ve particularly admired the antique diamond crescents that adorn Pricescope. They’ve also continued to climb in price as they’ve grown in popularity.

I knew I wanted one with a pop of color - solid gold versus silver or platinum, and delicate prongs. I had an image in my head but nothing ever struck me, so I’ve patiently waited until the right crescent came along.

I stumbled on a 15k gold, turquoise and diamond crescent brooch at an online auction. It was 4.9 cm, not too blingy so that I could wear it everyday, turquoise is one of my favorite colored stones (also my birthstone) and after hemming and hawing for a few days I knew I had to have it! It wasn’t a steal, but it’s exactly what I wanted.

I had it converted to a necklace at a local jeweler. They had a gorgeous faceted 14k gold chain that delicately shimmers (it matched better than 18k YG).

I toyed with orientation and whether to leave it a pendant versus permanently attach it, but went for having it attached. I added a few jump rings so I could adjust and voila! I instructed the bench to leave as much patina as possible and it looks like they did.

It goes perfectly with my Edwardian 15k gold diamond studs my mother got me! Match made in heaven. I’m just over the moon ;-)

View attachment 942475 IMG_6809.jpeg IMG_6799.jpeg

It is FABULOUS! Wishing you many years of enjoyment!!!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Those collets are scrumptious! It necklace looks wonderful on you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's so gorgeous and a perfect match to your earrings!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love this SO much!!! Congrats on a lovely find!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! It really is beautiful!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

Just my opinion, of course, but anything bringing you joy deserves its own thread.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

This looks perfect, perfect together. Well done!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO beautiful! And how lovely it is with your earrings.

Congratulations on this beautiful addition!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

DDG !
1691275050621.jpeg

that was deffinatly worth waiting for
and yes, she deserves her own thread !!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s SO pretty on you, what a find that is. Did the box come with it too? Sorry If that’s already been asked, I didn’t read all the replies.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! Enjoy!! And I agree it deserves a thread. I love seeing interesting things like this!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It’s so lovely on you!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Love it on the chain. Sits so nicely on the neck. Looks great with your earrings. Enjoy!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So pretty, I love the pop of blue and the antique cut diamonds!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is fabulous and looks perfect on you!! Enjoy her for many years to come!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing! :kiss2:

Instead of a full diamond tennis or Riviera necklace, I would like a crescent one like this, with interchangeable centre piece in LGDs and pearls.

DK :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SO pretty @Cerulean! Looks really lovely on you, congrats on finding this beauty.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
You guys are the best. Thanks to everyone for the kindness and enthusiasm - I love being able to share the joy of a new find with this community!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so lovely!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
This is so lovely! It looks amazing on you! I will forever thank you for helping me source my sapphire which has been getting a lot of attention IRL Since I started wearing it to work. And those earrings are just amazing!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results