shape
carat
color
clarity

eBay purchase - doesn't match pictures?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought some teeny tiny old cut studs of eBay that only had two pictures but they were so cheap that I thought it was worth a chance. The seller has a return policy, so no worries there. When I got the earrings and louped them - they are old cut but it seems to me the faceting doesn't match the photo? And the inclusions are quite visible magnified, so wouldn't they have shown up?

Seller listed as 0.35 ct Old European G VS-SI with no visible inclusions for $120.

eBay:

I'm tempted to keep them anyway, since they are so small no one will see the inclusions, but should I return them on principle?

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooops pictures didn't post

Ebay
Screenshot_20190417-161752_eBay.jpg
My pics:
20190418_065404.jpg

20190418_065351.jpg

Sorry if they are huge...

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
If it’s the seller I’m thinking of they photoshop a lot of their diamonds! Drives me crazy! :x2

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Partial refund or returned at sellers expense.
Either way, ding their feedback for pulling that move.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would return based on the image is not what you received.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the responses. Okay I've contacted the seller regarding the difference. I've not decided if I'll ask for a partial refund, a return, or just leave negative feedback. Here's some shots of the earrings on in case that changes anyone's mind
20190418_190207.jpg
20190418_190139.jpg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think they also are attractive on your ear

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t beat that price! I’d let my principles slide for a good deal

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the price, they are a good buy BUT these photos do not match the actual item, either photoshopped or adjusted to look much better. So if you do decide to keep them, ping them with negative feedback. They can’t give you negative feedback as a buyer btw.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t beat that price! I’d let my principles slide for a good deal
:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

If you decide to keep them you can still write a review that warns others photos are doctored

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look nice, I would keep them.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are well work the cost and look nice in your ears. At that size they are for looks and fun, not investment. Of course, if you don't like them, then use the return privilege, but it would be simply personal preference, not for some misrepresentation. The photos are so unrealistic that no one ought to have thought the photo was anything representational. Still, you have your options. Returning to get even with a vendor or leaving bad feedback on a very decent deal is not fair in my mind. The ball is totally in your court still. The risks with eBay buying are high and everyone should recognize that you often get bad merchandise there. Most can be returned, That's your safeguard.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are well work the cost and look nice in your ears. At that size they are for looks and fun, not investment. Of course, if you don't like them, then use the return privilege, but it would be simply personal preference, not for some misrepresentation. The photos are so unrealistic that no one ought to have thought the photo was anything representational. Still, you have your options. Returning to get even with a vendor or leaving bad feedback on a very decent deal is not fair in my mind. The ball is totally in your court still. The risks with eBay buying are high and everyone should recognize that you often get bad merchandise there. Most can be returned, That's your safeguard.

Feedback doesn't have to be bad, just honest. If it were me and I decided to keep them I'd leave a 3 out of 5 or otherwise neutral rating (which to me is ok, you got what you paid for) and comment that the photos didn't match the product received so potential buyers can beware.

I think there are lots of buyers who aren't savvy about photo manipulation. I also think there are buyers for this product at that price with realistic photos, the vendor needs to know doctored photos are not ok.

I totally disagree that returning on principle of not supporting altered photos is "getting even". It's standing for greater transparency.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sure, you can "take a stand" if you want to. I don't have any skin in this game, so the customer can always do what they wish. However, the earrings look nice and seem to be fairly priced. They don't look anything like the dumb photo, but that photo was so awful it represented nothing at all realistic to begin with. No one should possibly rely on that miserable photo to purchase anything. However, I do strongly agree that leaving a lackluster 3 out of 5 stars is a great help for future potential customers so they can be made aware of the problem. Photos ought to look like the item which is actually going to be delivered. eBay is terrible about their policy in this regard.

If the earring please you, then keep them, would be my suggestion. If you don't want them for any reason, then return them. The feedback system works for future customers, but once you decided to make a purchase, then only the merchandise itself should determine your decisions. Why spite yourself in returning something you like that is good value? Let your feedback help future customers.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...Tables look as though they're different sizes.

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
I have been looking on eBay for an OEC for awhile now and I noticed that a lot of the photos are not the actual item. For instance, I will see the photo on multiple post (even though they act like it is the actual product) or I will see it being used on Etsy to market a completely different product (I saw the same photos used for a 2.5 ct ring and a 1.8 ct ring.) It definitely seems like misrepresentation when they are making it seem like the photo is the same item you will receive!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For tiny studs IMHO they are cute and worth the price. I would not leave anything but neutral feedback as recommended by other posters. I hate the thought of partial refunds because it seems that some buyers manipulate sellers into giving a partial refund which may or may not be warranted. IMHO- if you like it enough to keep it you bought it at the price you paid. If not- send it back.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a decent price for what you got. Personally, I'd keep them, but maybe avoid that seller in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results