shape
carat
color
clarity

East-West Emerald Cut in Rose Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Yay! My reset arrived today. I had this diamond set in a pendant, which was very pretty, but.... I felt like it got lost in my clothes. I just was never quite happy with it.

Last month, dimend SCAASI had a special where they would reset your own diamond -- even if you didn''t purchase the stone from them. They did an excellent job with my wedding set, I decided to let them have a go at this one. They did not disappoint. I am ecstatic with my new RHR.

36.gif

They also put together a wax band for me, so that I could see if I wanted to purchase a matching band. I''m still undecided on this one, as it is a RHR; however, I still think it looks good. The wax band is 4 mm wide, but I''m thinking it might be too wide. Maybe knock it down to 3 mm??? What do y''all think?

Anyway, the center stone is .92 ct/F/VS1 Emerald Cut. It''s not a perfectly cut stone, but I love it anyway. It does put off a fantabulous sparkle in the sun!

Enjoy the pictures!

~LibraryChickie

Here''s the first picture in the box.

LCewECrose.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Another profile view. I love the "U" sweeping shape of the prongs.

LCewECrose3.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Side shot. See how low it is?

LCewECrose4.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my stars, I love your new ring! Lucky girl!!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
hand shot.

i love the rose gold.

LCewECrose6.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
WOW I love it!! It''s so cool! I love how low it''s set, and how you can see the entire pavilion from the side! Congrats!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
another hand shot.

my finger is a size 8.5. bleh!

LCewECrose8.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
first view with the wax band.

Do y''all think it''s too chunky? I''m really thinking a thinner band might work better.

LCewECrose9.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
last one for now.

I haven''t gotten to see it in the daylight, yet. These pictures were taken by lamplight. I''ll get some sunny ones in the next couple of days.

LCewECrose10.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:31:23 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Oh my stars, I love your new ring! Lucky girl!!

Thank you! I do feel kind of lucky today!

~LC

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
That''s lovely! The E/W setting is awesome!
36.gif
36.gif

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:32:31 PM
Author: tberube
WOW I love it!! It''s so cool! I love how low it''s set, and how you can see the entire pavilion from the side! Congrats!

EXACTLY! That''s the main reason I wanted it set sideways. Now, I get to look down and enjoy the view. I LURV emerald cuts. I have two! Thanks for the compliment!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:36:58 PM
Author: panda08
That''s lovely! The E/W setting is awesome!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks, Panda! I wanted something a bit different. How often do we see this???

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
They also put together a wax band for me, so that I could see if I wanted to purchase a matching band. I''m still undecided on this one, as it is a RHR; however, I still think it looks good. The wax band is 4 mm wide, but I''m thinking it might be too wide. Maybe knock it down to 3 mm??? What do y''all think

I love the ring its beautiful!! I think I agree with you, personally I think the matching band would look nice a little thinner. But not too much. 3mm might be just right
1.gif
Goodluck and congrats!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh I ADORE this ring! I have an EC just sitting in a box, just a hair larger than yours, and yours looks amazing. If it isn''t too incredibly rude to ask - how much did it set you back?

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Okay. I found a 3mm sterling silver band to put with it for size gauging. I think 3mm might be the way to go.

LCewECwithband1.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Great reset! I too would go a bit thinner on the band. Love the rosegold!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
another one with a thinner band.

LCewECwithband2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a gorgeous, sleek, modern setting! Something about the cut and the set and the metal makes me think Art Deco - very elegant and 1940''s! And personally, I think the matching band looks stunning next to it width-wise ....

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:49:41 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Ooohh I ADORE this ring! I have an EC just sitting in a box, just a hair larger than yours, and yours looks amazing. If it isn''t too incredibly rude to ask - how much did it set you back?

Hey MonkeyPie!

Thanks! It wasn''t too, too bad. It''s 14kt rose and white gold for $800. They made CADs and everything. It''s style 1A on their website. Not rude at all! I''d want to know how much it was, too!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:52:49 PM
Author: Circe
What a gorgeous, sleek, modern setting! Something about the cut and the set and the metal makes me think Art Deco - very elegant and 1940''s! And personally, I think the matching band looks stunning next to it width-wise ....

Thanks, Circe!

Which matching band do you like better -- the wider (wax version) or the thinner 3mm version?

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 9:49:41 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Monkey,

I forgot to add that -- to me -- the ring doesn''t look "all that" on the website. But... my husband and I were in Chicago this summer, so we visited them in person. I immediately fell for this setting! Clean lines. Sleek. I hadn''t even really noticed it until then. It just goes to show you how different things can look in person.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I like it a lot. It''s pretty!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/1/2008 9:54:31 PM
Author: librarychickie
Date: 10/1/2008 9:52:49 PM

Author: Circe

Thanks, Circe!

Which matching band do you like better -- the wider (wax version) or the thinner 3mm version?
Whoops, sorry! We cross-posted, and I didn''t even see the silver band ... while it looks lovely, I actually like the broader width more, for some reason. It just has ... presence.
2.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty! Great reset job!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks AWESOME!! I love rose gold!! And I like the 3mm band with it too, just for the record!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love rose gold too! I do vote for the 3mm band as well.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results