shape
carat
color
clarity

Early Christmas/Late Birthday Present!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if this best fits here or in the Colored Stones board, but since I''m showing you a ring, I''ll go ahead and post it here.

I''ve been looking for a gemstone right hand ring for a while now, and saw this one in the window of a local antique store a couple of weeks ago. I went in to try it on and fell in love with it -- it just looks so perfect with my coloring, and I''m very partial to emerald cuts. Hubby and I went back this afternoon, and he got it for me as an early Christmas/late Birthday present!

The stone is a 3.25 carat citrine, which is my birthstone (I think - Gypsy''s thread on the colored stones board now has me confused
1.gif
). It''s set in 14k yellow gold.

BlenheimCitrine1.jpg

Wow! Beautiful.
10.gif
I remember you mentioning this ring in another thread (if i do recall correctly). I''m glad you got it! It is so lovely!

BlenheimCitrine3.jpg

Oh yeah!
30.gif
It''s a fantastic ring . . . what a wonderful husband you''ve got!

Thanks, Ang!
1.gif
I did mention it in another thread. It''s what I was going to buy with the money from selling my wedding dress, but he was wonderful and bought it as a present. (I was getting a little worried that someone else might buy it, and since it''s an antique, it''s not like they had another one in the back.)

Hanging out with my engagement ring (which needs to be polished -- it doesn''t look this scratched up when I''m not taking macro pictures, though):

BlenheimCitrineAndEring1.jpg

I think that the blue here is from the movie that hubby's watching...

BlenheimCitrineAndEring2.jpg

BlenheimCitrineAndEring3.jpg

And some hand shots! I plan to wear it on my right hand, but it''s just easier to take photos with it on my left.

BlenheimCitrineHand1.jpg

BlenheimCitrineHand2.jpg

BlenheimCitrineHand3.jpg

BlenheimCitrineHand4.jpg

Last one!

BlenheimCitrineHand5.jpg

Thanks, Tulip!!
9.gif

That's gorgeous, I just love antique rings and citrine.
30.gif

Is there an antique ring thread here anyplace? I would love to see what antiques everyone has.

Wow, lovey! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Oh Blen, what a LOVELY ring! And J is so thoughtfull to get it for you!

Blenheim, it''s gorgeous and I absolutely love the setting [and the stone]. Happy Belated Birthday and Merry early Christmas!

Thank you, Vivian, Skippy, and DeeJay! ETA: And Catmom!!

Vivian, I searched for "antique ring", but from what I looked at (which wasn't comprehensive) it seemed to be individual people's rings and a couple attempts for a "show me your antique ring" type of thread that died out after just a few pictures. You could start a "show me your antique ring" thread and hope that there's a better response now -- it would be great seeing all of them!

Oh Blenheim- it''s fabulous! Citrines have a soft spot in my heart because they are the birthstone for 2 of my 3 kids
1.gif

Simply stunning!!
36.gif

It''s gorgeous! Wow! What a great color and setting!

It''s stunning Blen! Absolutely stunning!!! I seriously love it. Wear it in the best of health.

Blen, it''s just stunning. Love the color, the cut, and the setting!!! Makes for a wow of a RHR.
30.gif

Happy belated birthday, enjoy your new precious!!!
36.gif

Happy belated b-day Blennie...your new/old citrine ring is gorgeous! You''re right, it is perfect with your coloring!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lucky you!!! I love that color! Congrats.......

Lovely ring, so cool that it is antique!!!
And what a sweet hubby you have
1.gif

It''s beautiful and looks great on you!

It is an amazingly gorgeous ring! Great find.

Date: 11/27/2007 9:24:56 PM
Author: Blenheim
And some hand shots! I plan to wear it on my right hand, but it''s just easier to take photos with it on my left.
Oh, I really, really like this! I''m a nut for antique-look jewelry - especially yellow gold. And I love the lusciously warm color of your citrine. Just beautiful!

What a pretty ring and it is the perfect size. I love the filigree, so pretty!

Congrats Blen! It''s gorgeous and does go exquisitely with your coloring. A lovely treasure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP