shape
carat
color
clarity

DS or anyone else help me with ratio for 3 stone please....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just looked back at the comments.. here is what we do in my household:

Experiences > material wants

Especially with kids. We don't have any and still emphasize this!

I totally agree with this. My sons are both 26, just out of the military, and this short one week trip will be during spring break from college. We took many western US trips with them when they were growing up but never anything like this. The cost and jobs made it impossible for the four of us. DH has no desire to travel anywhere in Europe and I love traveling. This will be an experience we will remember forever and I just about cried when DH said I should go with them. My parents took both my sister and I to Germany, Austria, and England for 6 weeks when I was 12 and I have never forgotten that experience.

:dance:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traveling to Ireland with your sons you say?! If you could only do one at this time, then for me it would most definitely be the trip, no hesitation :roll2:. But....I hope you can do both :P2!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traveling to Ireland with your sons you say?! If you could only do one at this time, then for me it would most definitely be the trip, no hesitation :roll2:. But....I hope you can do both :P2!!!
Now that I have stones in my hand it is very tempting to tuck them away for later. :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportion though the color seems noticeable. But if that’s from the setting maybe? I’m sure you’re eyes on them know if they match.
Hi @Niel, do you mean the color difference between the center and the sides? Is it too much to you? They look a tiny bit whiter IRL but not too much so that it is bad. They will be at an angle as well. I think I would rather whiter than yellower than the center.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the color in the photos are an accurate reflection of the color difference the yes I’d say it’s too much for me. I wouldn’t want to compromise and I’m sure there are rounds out there that color.
But you know your tolerance better than I do and I’m only talking about myself. I do like the ratios

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If your kids want to pay for your trip, I would let them. DH and I really love to do things for his parents and it brings us a lot of joy. They used to argue with us or try and pay for themselves (which they can afford to do), but it means a lot to DH to do things for his parents. Just my 2c.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the color in the photos are an accurate reflection of the color difference the yes I’d say it’s too much for me. I wouldn’t want to compromise and I’m sure there are rounds out there that color.
But you know your tolerance better than I do and I’m only talking about myself. I do like the ratios

I took them out and looked at them all over the house and near natural light. You are right and in some light they make my stone look unpleasant. Not what I want at all. Thank you for making me take a harder second look. Little OECs should not be hard to find eventually. :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your kids want to pay for your trip, I would let them. DH and I really love to do things for his parents and it brings us a lot of joy. They used to argue with us or try and pay for themselves (which they can afford to do), but it means a lot to DH to do things for his parents. Just my 2c.
I just can't. They worked very hard to save a huge sum while enlisted and they are living with us for the first two years of college. I don't want to take anything away from their savings that will enable them to move out eventually, IYKWIM. ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking about taking the french cuts from my previous setting and putting them in a new one that allows bands to sit much closer than before.

So I tried these on together. Instant free bling upgrade. A bit of a Toi et Moi look no? I just had to show because I thought some of you would appreciate it. It is blingy for sure and might be a bit too much for every day. LOL.

The sapphire was custom cut to fit into my old setting because I cannot waste a perfectly good setting. So it is the same exact measurements as my ACC. What is even more fitting is my DH's b-day is in September and mine is in April!

20171219_231932[1].jpg
20171219_231915[1].jpg
20171219_231623[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20171219_231928[1].jpg
    20171219_231928[1].jpg
    144 KB · Views: 12

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it x100.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking about taking the french cuts from my previous setting and putting them in a new one that allows bands to sit much closer than before.

So I tried these on together. Instant free bling upgrade. A bit of a Toi et Moi look no? I just had to show because I thought some of you would appreciate it. It is blingy for sure and might be a bit too much for every day. LOL.

The sapphire was custom cut to fit into my old setting because I cannot waste a perfectly good setting. So it is the same exact measurements as my ACC. What is even more fitting is my DH's b-day is in September and mine is in April!

20171219_231932[1].jpg
20171219_231915[1].jpg
20171219_231623[1].jpg
FA BU LOUS.:love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How serendipitous! Absolutely gorgeous! :love::love: No it’s not too much. They look perfect together on your finger.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are anyone's thoughts on this? I love @carbonfan's new ring but alas they won't do that in outside stones. But I did get a quote for the Dahlia. I love the corners on it, they are so feminine. It kind of looks like my first setting but then again not really. More Art Deco than flowery.

Does anyone on PS have a VC Dahlia that has posted pics?

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-dahlia-vintage-halo-solitaire
vcdahlia1.JPG vcdahlia2.JPG
This video has crazy sparkle.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results